Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Codie
DIS Veteran

Transportation to/from Airport/WDW/Port

I apologize if this has been queried already but I searched and searched and it seems everyone either drives to the port or takes DCL transportation. We have a group of 11 (3 toddlers) and so DCL transportation is more expensive than a shuttle option. And I'd like to get there on our own rather than with a bus load of people if possible. I've looked into Happy Limo (who I have used in the past and loved) but they won't give any break from their posted rates, even if we use them for 3-5 "legs" of our trip. Plus they require car seats and charge $5 per child per leg. So I'm waiting to hear from Mears, but frankly at this point I'm thinking a smaller outfit would make more sense and may have some more flexibility in pricing. (basically I'd like to get our airport to hotel transfers thrown in with the port transfer for the same price that DCL would have charged). But I would like some referrals/recommendations....any suggestions?

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, limo, port, shuttle, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: