Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #3136
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Cant blame you there. I've toyed with moving again, somewhere closer to WDW was my goal. The wife shot that down rather quickly though.

Matt
Before my DW got her promotion we talked of packing up and moving down to WDW and working for the Mouse-in-charge. I think someday we will end up there working for the mouse and haveing a Disney life. I have met an lot of great peolpe who work there and a few my age who just up and quit and moved to FL.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #3137
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Before my DW got her promotion we talked of packing up and moving down to WDW and working for the Mouse-in-charge. I think someday we will end up there working for the mouse and haveing a Disney life. I have met an lot of great peolpe who work there and a few my age who just up and quit and moved to FL.
That's my goal. Once my girls are out of the house, I want to move to WDW and work for the mouse. Not sure what I'm qualified to do at a theme park, but I'm darn sure willing to give it a try.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #3138
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

Quote:
Well, now is probably one of the best times to buy a house. Interest rates are low as they are going to get.

Of course, you could always move to Va, NC or GA. There are plenty of us dads to help you in those areas!

Matt
Hey, now. There's a good number of us in WI. Granted, I'm not right now, but I visit on occasion...

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #3139
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Quote:
That's my goal. Once my girls are out of the house, I want to move to WDW and work for the mouse. Not sure what I'm qualified to do at a theme park, but I'm darn sure willing to give it a try.

Matt
That is my plan. I have 10-12 more years until I can retire and move to WDW, unless lottery winnings prevail.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #3140
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Well they still don't have our phone and internet fixed here at work, so I'm stuck using the phone.

The H&V cancellation is ridiculous. I can't believe they didn't have a better way to handle the situation. You definitely should complain and I'm glad three mgr at Fairfax faire was helpful.

I've already chimed in about the skunk at the other place.

Love the Doofenschmirtz shirt.

I hope CJ and the pirate princess have a good trip to seton hall.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #3141
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan
Well they still don't have our phone and internet fixed here at work, so I'm stuck using the phone.

The H&V cancellation is ridiculous. I can't believe they didn't have a better way to handle the situation. You definitely should complain and I'm glad three mgr at Fairfax faire was helpful.

I've already chimed in about the skunk at the other place.

Love the Doofenschmirtz shirt.

I hope CJ and the pirate princess have a good trip to seton hall.
Thanks. I will definitely do something. Right now, just enjoying myself.

We had a great time at Biergarten last night. The beer was flowing and the kids were dancing. Got out just in time to see illuminations. A great Disney day!

The trip started out shaky,then Brian got here and restored order to the Disney universe.
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #3142
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Couple of texts for Ron this morning:

"There was some heavy rain showers while at DTD so we decided to go ride the monorail we got monorail Avenger

Did score some Transportation cards"

Old 08-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #3143
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
The car is almost packed and I am finishing cleaning the house. We leave tomorrow heading to Seton Hall. The kid's last night as a permanent resident of the home she has know for 18 years.

Still a bunch of things to do so got to run. Will try to post some picks from the ride up.
Have a safe drip. Good luck.

Quote:

Beer works too, you dont have to be fancy to drink wine.
:
I can taste the differences in beer and bourbon (neat), but do not know wines. Merlot, Shiraz, sauvignon - what's the difference?

Quote:
Happy Monday Guys!

Was a decent weekend, SWMBO decided not to move things around, once she realized it was just the two of us. So that was postponed until either my brother visits again, or we can borrow our friends high school boys. She has decided that we are going to paint instead... I see nothing but bad things coming from this.

Matt
Paint? No. I told DW I'll paint when the cat is dead, because then we can replace the carpet with cat hair and paint stains at same time.

Quote:
So just got a text from DW she slept like crap while i was at work and has a realy bad week ahead of her at work, short like 2-3 employees and two are out sick today. I wished her luck but I think the Wine cellar will be empty come the weekend.

So DW emailed me a house listing last night and know we are looking at a new house farther west of Milwaukee, I didnt think we would be doing this for a few more years. oh well I hope it looks as nice as it sounds.
Wine celler? I know who to.visit if I ever get that way.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #3144
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Thanks. I will definitely do something. Right now, just enjoying myself.

We had a great time at Biergarten last night. The beer was flowing and the kids were dancing. Got out just in time to see illuminations. A great Disney day!

The trip started out shaky,then Brian got here and restored order to the Disney universe.
Sounds great, other than the Brian part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
I'd complain about the lack of drafting today, but seeing as I held everyone up for about 6 hours yesterday, I'll shut up...
It's zipping by now and stalled again. I'm not liking my draft, but 9th is a bad spot to get. What little strategy I had going into it is now gone.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 08-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #3145
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
They had this shirt at WDW. I didn't buy it... but I thought about it.

Morning Gents.

Love that shirt.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 08-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #3146
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
The car is almost packed and I am finishing cleaning the house. We leave tomorrow heading to Seton Hall. The kid's last night as a permanent resident of the home she has know for 18 years.

Still a bunch of things to do so got to run. Will try to post some picks from the ride up.

Have a safe trip and try not to cry to much.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #3147
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

It's zipping by now and stalled again. I'm not liking my draft, but 9th is a bad spot to get. What little strategy I had going into it is now gone.

Strategy? We don't need no stinkin' strategy!

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #3148
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Another Monday. Just a quick skim of the past few posts.

Enjoy the World you Dads that are down there.

Safe travels to those travelling. Strong allergy season forecasted for CJ as he drops off the Pirate Princess Pirate.

Working for the Mouse. Appealing, but unfortunately my skill set would have me emptying trash and SWMBO and the kids like to eat more than once a day. If it was just me I would be glad to just empty trash, but the reason I get out of bed in the morning and deal with all this is I'm a Dad with responsibilities. The next 5 weeks are going to be chaos as we try to keep up with this years research, get some of next years research in the ground, analyze data, write reports and get ready to host the College's Field Day, Youth Day, and 2 days of pre-K-1st grade students in for a farm day. All while fighting the weather.

First day of homeschooling for the offspring. We will see how it goes. As Principal and Superintendent of the school I expect to have more issues with the staff than with the students.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #3149
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
They had this shirt at WDW. I didn't buy it... but I thought about it.

Saw that one too! Thought about it, but I decided I needed the Dole Whip shirt more.

Quote:

Good luck, CJ. We're all counting on you.

PM me if you need a stop in the Delaware area along the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
No internet, no phone, no rain, no work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Oh boy. That's going to go to his head.

Sorry about your H&V situation. That sounded like a beverly. I'm glad there was at least one caring CM to help out.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #3150
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

Oh boy. That's going to go to his head.

Sorry about your H&V situation. That sounded like a beverly. I'm glad there was at least one caring CM to help out.
thanks!
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, men, nemesis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: