Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Chris the CPA
Mouseketeer

Yachtman steakhouse

Alright guys. The son was prerusing the menus online and he saw a 28 oz porterhouse on the menu at the Yachtmans steakhouse. We have never been so what I need to know is it worth 2 dining credits. We will be on deluxe dining so not that worried about using 2 credits. Any other comments would be welcome.
DISDAD member #713
Chris the CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

We went there on our Disneymoon in January and were not impressed. The service was just OK and the dress code was not followed at all. There were a lot of kids running arounda nd the first steaks they brought out were cold and Rare ( didnt even look like they were on the grill for a minnute). When the steaks did come back they were good but i dont think we will ever be back. The bar next to the restraunt was great.
This may just be my missfortane and being off season but we were not happy and my DW has spoke about haw bad it was for 2 years now.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

We didn't order the porterhouse, but we had a great meal there. I had the filet and DW had the new York strip. Both steaks were cooked perfectly and seasoned well. They have onion rolls with the meal which were terrific. We split an appetizer and a dessert, and while they were both good, I can't remember what they were so not that overwhelmingly amazing.

The steaks aree aged right inside the door (sealed) when you enter the restaurant, which is cool. I'm not a big fan of dress codes, but unless it is LC or HBD or CRT, we save our signature meals for non park days and always go clean and I wear a golf shirt and nice jean shorts. However, many will be wearing tshirts and other park attire, which really doesn't bother me.

I think YS is great, but it has not vaulted itself into the must eat restaurant. When I say must eat, that means I would travel there from any resort in WDW. So far, Fulton's and Narcoosee's are only on that list. But, I really like seafood and we haven't ate at the S&D restaurants or V&A yet. We would return there when staying at BWV or BC. We enjoyed it and it was worth the two TS credits.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Chris the CPA
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies. We are trying to get out of our "regulars" and try some new things. We are going to add some signatures this time and this was one he found. The son likes to eat and steaks are his favorite. I am not really into the dress code thing but golf shirt and maybe khaki shorts does not sound to bad.
DISDAD member #713
Chris the CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris the CPA View Post
Thanks for the replies. We are trying to get out of our "regulars" and try some new things. We are going to add some signatures this time and this was one he found. The son likes to eat and steaks are his favorite. I am not really into the dress code thing but golf shirt and maybe khaki shorts does not sound to bad.
I'm not one for dress codes either. The only one they are strictly enforced is Victoria & Albert's. I have not ate at the ones at S&D, so not sure there. There will be people there in coats and dresses. It doesn't bother me, but I for me to put on a golf shirt during vacation is really an accomplishment. I wear tshirts and sweat pants most days to work.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
OrangeBirdFan
Earning My Ears

I would not recommend Yachtsman. It was a combination of extraordinarily poor service and bad food. Not a good sign when it appears that all a steak restaurant can cook is medium (though if you like medium, you might be ok though even then I have my doubts). No one in my traveling party would ever go again. It's now the running joke for dining decisions. So at least we got something out of it.

My group and I liked the steak at Jiko, Cali Grille, and the Brown Derby.
OrangeBirdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Clearly some others have had bad experiences, but we had a great experience at Yachtsman Steakhouse this past September. I had the lobster bisque as an appetizer and thought it was outstanding. We ordered steaks for dinner - I got the Porterhouse, and shared it with my daughter. It was plenty of food for both of us, and significantly cheaper than buying us each our own meal (we were paying out of pocket). The steak was cooked to an appropriate medium rare, and we were too stuffed for dessert.

We were frustrated a bit by an unusually long wait to be seated - we didn't get seated for a good 15 minutes past our ADR time, and we'd checked in 10 minutes early, so that was a lot of waiting for the kids. But once we were seated, we were pleased with the service we received.

As for dress, my son and I each wore shorts and a golf shirt. My wife was in khakis and a nicer top. And my daughter - who likes any excuse to wear a pretty dress - chose to dress up a bit.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Gareth& Hayley
Mouseketeer

We didn't have great service and had to wait 15min for our drinks order to be taken. To be fair a senior CM could see us getting upset (we were considering walking out) and came over - took our order while spending time talking to us.

We enjoyed our meal (both went for the porterhouse) and will be going back in September the first day after its month long refurb. Might try a different cut this time but will be going back.

I would give it a go!
Gareth& Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: