Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #76
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz
Could you please explain in detail exactly why it was busy?
Sorry, I have a headache.
Oh, you poor thing. I feel bad for you.

When I say 'you', I'm referring to your husband, of course.

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 07-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #77
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just wanted to do a quick group shout out! Thanks, really for everyone who is here and reading along. You all make a girl feel loved!

I was warned about the dangers of letting the Dis world know that we are staying off site. I have had my share of people bullying me here and I choose to post in safer waters. I have no issue with people knowing we have rented a house. I know you all will have my back in case anyone dares to post negatively on my TR. : But we are just a happy bunch over here and I am NOT looking to start anything like that, just saying.

The last 6 times we have gone we stayed on site. Since the family surpassed family of 4 and grew to a family of 5 (Disney souvenir) and then a family of 6 plus one grandma always tagging along, I have had to pay for two rooms at Pop or an All Star.

Disney likes us, I mean really likes us and this time around found that I had not one but 4 coveted codes attached to our name when we were in the looking and pricing stage of planning. 30% off any resort, free dining, free water parks options and more with a package, and one other I just can’t remember.

It was tough not using any of the codes. It almost felt like I was stabbing Disney in the back not taking one of them, but after Tim pried the phone away from my hands and hit end, it only took a few weeks to stop crying and accept the fact that we were going to have to stay off site if we were ever going to step foot in WDW in the year 2012.

I love codes! I saved boo-ko bucks at Disney using some pretty awesome codes, but this time around we are totally going outside of our comfort zone and our plans are all the complete opposite of what we are used to doing.

I even have PAPER tickets, gasp!

I- know!

There are literally a bazillion vacation homes, condos, apartments, villas, hotels, motels to rent in the Orlando area. I know because I believe I looked at ALL that were available to look at on-line. I only picked a few that I was interested in and after filtering through the 87,002 that responded back I narrowed it down to 2.

I actually enjoyed the wheeling and dealing with one owner. She couldn’t go any less, blah blah blah, and when I told her I did find a home less than hers, she miraculously could go lower, but not as low as Nebo trying to win a bottle of Boons Farm in a game of limbo.

I chose to rent this vacation home for a few reasons. Price, price, and price! That is totally huge for us, I am still a student paying tuition and not working. The house is amazing non the less and has 4 bedrooms that includes a king master bedroom, queen second master bedroom, and two other bedrooms with twin beds each. Tim and I get some privacy, my mom gets privacy, the boys get their own room and so do the girls. It has a private and enclosed pool, game room, and it’s fully loaded with all the necessities of a home. Including my own washer and dryer!

It is going to be fabulous! For the first time my room will not be decorated with laundry hanging all over the place due to poor dryers found on site at most Disney resorts. Just ask Mirage!

Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge: June 2012
Poly CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL: July 2013
Candy Cane Inn (DLR): December 2013

This trip report is useless without pictures: A July 2013 Poly CL/AKL CL adventure <---- READ ME! IT'LL BE FUN!
my first trip report bit the dust
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #78
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Okay, I think I'm caught up!

Holy moly!! I'm *so* glad Zack is okay. I can imagine how freaked out you were when Tim didn't answer his phone or texts or anything. I'd have been insane. I hope Zack is continuing to recover nicely and that the doctor gives him the okay to swim while you're at Disney.

Also glad to hear your pain is gone and that you'll be walking more comfortably while at Disney. Woo hoo!

Oh, and how incredibly ridiculous that people belittle others for their choice of accommodations. What a stupid thing to need to feel superior about.

I really don't like a lot of people.

Again, so glad you and Zack are both doing better!!

Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge: June 2012
Poly CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL: July 2013
Candy Cane Inn (DLR): December 2013

This trip report is useless without pictures: A July 2013 Poly CL/AKL CL adventure <---- READ ME! IT'LL BE FUN!
my first trip report bit the dust
Old 07-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #79
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Ponzi,, twas a great job on the Mony breakdown, which also came close to being a tad too literal. I especially liked your math exhibition,, seriously, well done.

Monica,,, we shall meet up I guess at Ak on that saturday, maybe if Marita isn't doing anything she can join us? Or Lynda too?

I just got the word today, a nasty phone call to be honest,,, Buzz is going to have to cancel her trip, issues at work are preventing it from happening, and I feel so bad for her and her family, we were really looking forward to meeting them, too, so you better now cancel too!

Be safe driving, we will do the same, until Disney,,,
later.
Neb and the Smidge
Old 07-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #80
skysmom99
Mouseketeer

Following along from a couple hours north of you. Think where the index finger meets the palm on the mitten. LOL

Hope your semester of student teaching goes well. It's been years since I did my student teaching but I remember it fondly.

The thought of a needle into my foot makes me want to curl into a ball in the corner so I hope it helped. Quick healing vibes for your son, also.

May 1997 - offsite, May 2009 - AS Sports, Nov. 2010 - ASMo, Nov. 2012 - AS Sports, Next trip - Nov. 2014
Old 07-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #81
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Monica,,, we shall meet up I guess at Ak on that saturday, maybe if Marita isn't doing anything she can join us? Or Lynda too?
later.
Neb and the Smidge
I won't be back until the 14th, so it sounds like I may be missing out, sniff!

Everyone stay safe! I'll be online when Im gone, so you all post if you can.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #82
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Quote:
Now,,, let's see what I can find of our dear freind Lynda:

I think this is them right here:

But this one was my favorite;
notice the looks of horror on their faces as Melinda describes what it is
like trying to live with two teenageers and a preteen all in one, stinkin' room!

I love it! Now, why is it that my husband has lost and gained weight since then, but still is smaller than he was then... And I lost and gained weight since then, and I am larger than I was then? I call shenanigans! Can I blame the 2-yr-old?
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #83
laura74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Life can't be any crazier over here! My son Zack had an emergency appendectomy at 2:30 in the morning!

9 days before our Disney trip!

He is recovering nicely and I hope he comes home today.

I guess this means he gets a few extra Mickey bars.
Wow Monica! That's terrible but I'm glad he's recovering.

Quote:
Yesterday I had the girls at cheerleading practice. I decided to walk the track and managed 11 laps, including sprints. I have had foot issues for about 6 months and my foot is usually screaming at me by the end of the day. On Monday I had an x-ray taken to help figure things out. When I was done, I was seriously considering crawling back to my car. The heel is toast and this concerns me.
That's the worst! I hope you're able to walk at Disney.

Quote:
My phone rings and its Tim. ďWe have a problem.Ē This is a serious statement and he has my full attention.
As you heart lands in your stomach.

Quote:
I get the girls home and give them a shower and try to sit on the deck, I call Tim, text, FB, I canít get him to respond. That is the surest way to send a mom to the looney bin folks.

I want updates, like every 5 minutes. I need to know if heís smiling, crying, in pain, what heís saying and who is saying what to him.

Me being home is not working out for me at this moment.

Tim left his phone in the car.

Seriously?

Who does that?
My husband.

Quote:

Tim called to tell me they were doing a CT scan and Zack was drinking barium.
Ha! Zack is the pickiest eater of all four of my kids. I have no idea how they got him to drink that although it took him an hour.
Amazing. I don't think I could drink that stuff.

Quote:
My phone rings again and Tim tells me his white blood cell count is like 18,000which is high and an indication that Zackís days of being whole is shot!

The appendix needs to come out!

And I need to get my butt to the hospital.
You must have been freaking out!

Quote:

At 2:00am the hospital issued a code black
Code black? That sounds bad.

Quote:
At 3:30am the surgeon came to tell us Zack was done and doing fine. There was a code black and that means there is bad storms and we canít go back.
Interesting. I've never heard of that before. I think they need a less scary sounding name.

Quote:
I found out that I have a bone spur and the doctor gave me a cortisone shot, IN MY FOOT WITH A NEEDLE!
I was not ready for this and I stopped him saying I needed a moment to prepare myself. ďOh, you are ones of those,Ē he says, and he sprays some freezing cold spray on my heel. Told me to not look and put that needle in my foot. I inhaled and forgot how to breathe. He had to remind me twice.
I can finally walk without feeling pain. I hope that means I can manage the parks better. He also gave me a treatment plan to avoid surgery and arch support inserts for my shoes. I think Iím finally 6í tall!
That's great that the pain's gone! Yay!

Quote:

Here's hoping he has a great week of healing. And this is my cue to open a mommy drink.
Well deserved.

Quote:
Never a dull moment and I still love this crazy life I have been blessed with.
So glad Zack is doing better and that your foot is painfree. Your trip is just around the corner! You must be so excited!

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV

What's a gal gotta do to get a few more readers??

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!

Now with cookie recipes! Just added...best cake recipe!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #84
CoolMom2112
Mouseketeer

I actually am starting to get caught up. Who knew?

Sorry, all I got from that is you're hot.

You are way too kind, thanks,

Was Caligula a Disney movie?

No?

Huh.

This must be before my time, I got nothing.

Ouch... that hurt, 'cause I got it.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #85
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
Okay, I think I'm caught up!

Holy moly!! I'm *so* glad Zack is okay. I can imagine how freaked out you were when Tim didn't answer his phone or texts or anything. I'd have been insane. I hope Zack is continuing to recover nicely and that the doctor gives him the okay to swim while you're at Disney.

Also glad to hear your pain is gone and that you'll be walking more comfortably while at Disney. Woo hoo!

Oh, and how incredibly ridiculous that people belittle others for their choice of accommodations. What a stupid thing to need to feel superior about.

I really don't like a lot of people.

Again, so glad you and Zack are both doing better!!
Welcome back, sounds like you had a great time! Love reading your TR!
I don't know why men do that to us! And fingers crossed we get good news from the DR on Thursday.

Quote:
Ponzi,, twas a great job on the Mony breakdown, which also came close to being a tad too literal. I especially liked your math exhibition,, seriously, well done.

I wish I knew your plans because if Zack can't do water stuff, our plans may change.

I just got the word today, a nasty phone call to be honest,,, Buzz is going to have to cancel her trip, issues at work are preventing it from happening, and I feel so bad for her and her family, we were really looking forward to meeting them, too, so you better now cancel too!

I'll take that as NOT to cancel, cause don't worry, we aren't.
later.
Neb and the Smidge
So looking forward to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysmom99 View Post
Following along from a couple hours north of you. Think where the index finger meets the palm on the mitten. LOL

Don't cha just love using the hand!

Hope your semester of student teaching goes well. It's been years since I did my student teaching but I remember it fondly.

Never thought I'd say I wish school would already start.

The thought of a needle into my foot makes me want to curl into a ball in the corner so I hope it helped. Quick healing vibes for your son, also.
Thank you luckily he has his youth on his side, when it comes to pain though he is a big baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
I won't be back until the 14th, so it sounds like I may be missing out, sniff!

We leave FL on the 15th. Let me know if you are game.

Everyone stay safe! I'll be online when Im gone, so you all post if you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak92 View Post
I love it! Now, why is it that my husband has lost and gained weight since then, but still is smaller than he was then... And I lost and gained weight since then, and I am larger than I was then? I call shenanigans! Can I blame the 2-yr-old?
Yes! Yes you can! Cause I'm blaming my 15, 13, 7, and 4 year olds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Wow Monica! That's terrible but I'm glad he's recovering.

Thanks, so am I.

That's the worst! I hope you're able to walk at Disney.

I will, I'm tough.

My husband.

Amazing. I don't think I could drink that stuff.

It is worse than your least favorite food times 20.

Code black? That sounds bad.

It did, I had visions of them doing surgery and the power going out.

That's great that the pain's gone! Yay!
Cortizone, cortisone, what ever, that stuff is amazing! Wonder stuff I love so so much!
Well deserved.

Like I needed a reason to have one,
So glad Zack is doing better and that your foot is painfree. Your trip is just around the corner! You must be so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom2112 View Post
I actually am starting to get caught up. Who knew?

Sorry, all I got from that is you're hot.

You are way too kind, thanks,

Was Caligula a Disney movie?

No?

Huh.

This must be before my time, I got nothing.

Ouch... that hurt, 'cause I got it.
For that, I googled, and Pkondz, yous are trouble!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #86
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
For that, I googled, and Pkondz, yous are trouble!
Trouble? 'Lil ol' me?

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #87
CoolMom2112
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Trouble? 'Lil ol' me?
*snort* With a CAPITAL T!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #88
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about all the excitement at your place but I'm glad everyone is ok. Is it possible Zack won't be able to stand for long periods of time, like on line for a ride you can't get a fast pass too? They have guest assistant passes that might be able to assist, just be sure to bring a Dr's note.

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #89
monymony3471

They May Have to Sedate Me!

I have been kinda avoiding this next topic for awhile. It involves the 4 year old, remember LEO, and this has me in knots.

Maddy does not like the dentist. She has had two prior visits and all went well until her third cleaning.

The girl F-R-E-A-K-E-D O-U-T!

She went bananas and will not let anyone touch her while at the dentist.

This kinda carried over to the Dr.ís but after a few minutes and reassurance she was ok to get her medical clearance last week.

Clearance?

Yes, she has to go down to Childrenís Hospital and be put out to have two molars filled, more or less, baby root canals.

I tried the pediatric dental route and she wasnít having that either. All the sugar sweet talk and promises I granted her did not work. She didnít want their stickers, or pencils or other cheap tokens they hand out to the good patients. She was not opening her mouth to nobody!

Come back, give her some valium, and it will be all fine they say, she will be relaxed and we will be able to do the work.

Ha!

On valium, it took me sitting on the chair with a lead vest on, Maddy on my lap with my arms holding hers, a tech to hold her head, a tech to put the bite thingy in her mouth, a tech to hold her legs, and a tech to push a button just to take 3 x-rays.

On VALIUM

Her screams were atrocious!

I cried right along with her. I hate doing that to my kids.

So this is why she has to have complete sedation on Wednesday.

This is being done is a hospital setting and not a dentist office, which is comforting and scary. Iím a little done with hospitals, and it is nerve racking when ever your child has to be knocked out.

To occupy my time, I have cleaned the care inside and out. More like detailed the car. It is almost brand new it is that clean.

Itís amazing that my children, who bug me, interrupt me, have to have me the second I sit down, and always when in the bathroom, left me alone the entire two hours it took to clean out the back of the car.

They knew.

Thatís where they sit and slobber up the car.

Tim was nice enough to check on me.

Twice.

Probably to make sure I didnít snap my neck after it spun around three times from the site of it.

Iíve tamed the laundry beast, cleaned the upstairs, girls bedrooms included, and I have started packing.

I read to use Rubbermaid tubs instead of suitcases to pack when driving a caravan and the room I will be sparing us in the car seems too good to be true. I will let you all know when I start to put everything inside the car.

The goal is that at each stop we wonít all spill out after the automatic door opens. I think we lost an ipod that way once before and almost a kid.

I explained that the life over here is never dull and I meant it, I am expecting an all out retaliation on Maddyís part and I am sure it will provide some exciting reading on yours.

They may just have to sedate me!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #90
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp'ersmom View Post
Sorry to hear about all the excitement at your place but I'm glad everyone is ok. Is it possible Zack won't be able to stand for long periods of time, like on line for a ride you can't get a fast pass too? They have guest assistant passes that might be able to assist, just be sure to bring a Dr's note.
I'll keep that in mind, we won't even enter a park until Aug 7, so I am hoping that by then he will be all mended. But good information just the same, thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: