Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #31
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?
 
havingadisneyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I live with two Leo's and grew up with one. Leo's and me are a tough fit. We just clash! Maddy's is on the 13th. I'll have to see what park we will be in on the 9th.
OH CRAP! I'm a Leo too (8/12).... YOU'RE SURROUNDED! I'll try to be a good reader and not post anything to rub you the wrong way Anyway, I'm here and ready for your trip report to commence commencing!
__________________
havingadisneyday is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer
 
cp'ersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 291

I do as I'm told so I am tagging along for the ride. I vowed if I ever go back to WDW in the summer I would only go to the parks at night, yeah right!
__________________

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
cp'ersmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #33
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran
 
My2Qtz0205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,408

I was drawn in by the Leo bashing. 7/30 here, and my husband is also a Leo (8/14). Have a great trip! I have a friend there now. I keep waiting for her to post pictures so I can live vicariously through her! :sigh: 4 and a half months left for us!
__________________


My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #34
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!
 
monymony3471's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Constant state of chaos
Posts: 6,988

I am not Leo Bashing. I don't bash, just love to make fun of me and my life, the crazy one I was blessed with.

Side Note: I have one baby sister, who I love dearly. Her birthday is 7/31. We are almose 4 1/2 years apart. When I hit about 12, I wanted nothing to do with her. My mother made me take her everywhere with me. She was a tattle tale and I couldn't get away with anything when she was with me and my not so appreciative friends. HA!

So most of our lives we clashed, part resentment, part personality differences. As adults we really did not get along. Extremely different life view points. I am of the nature to just go with it, and she is of the nature that she needs to make the world change to her ideas. We can get along and laugh like best friends, but those times are far and few inbetween. But that is ok, I will take those few great moments over many bad moments.

In my opinion I find with my sister and my 2 born under the sign of Leo children, who I also love and adore more than the air that I breath, that Leo's tend to be stubborn, high tempered, very smart, determined, strong willed, leaders, and unstoppable.

I am a Piscean. I find in my life that it is hard to get along with a Leo. One thing I am very good at is acceptance, toleration, and overlooking things I don't agree with because I hate confrontation and avoid it like the plague.

Please, don't take those comments personally, I am just reflecting what I know based on my family. We all have crazy family dynamics. I find it easier to swallow to blame the differences I have with my sister on stupid astrology signs rather than bad chemistry.

Getting the family ready for church, I hope to have the next update later this afternoon. Stay cool folks, I feel a sweat coming on!
monymony3471 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
Eglantine
Earning My Ears
 
Eglantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 33

I'm in. Congrats on your upcoming degree. I'm newly retired from the classroom and fully understand why you have to go to Disney in the summer. We did the same for many years. You know you'll have a great time anyway. Can't wait to read what's next.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DS) (DDIL) (DS)

'13--AoA/POFQ; '10--ASMo/WL; '08--CBR; '07--AKL/Pop; '02--Swan; '96--ASMu; '88 and '89--off property; '87--FW; '81--CR; '72--off property
Eglantine is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!
 
monymony3471's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Constant state of chaos
Posts: 6,988

Putting on My Big Girl Pants!

Just wanted to do a quick group shout out! Thanks, really for everyone who is here and reading along. You all make a girl feel loved!

I was warned about the dangers of letting the Dis world know that we are staying off site. I have had my share of people bullying me here and I choose to post in safer waters. I have no issue with people knowing we have rented a house. I know you all will have my back in case anyone dares to post negatively on my TR. : But we are just a happy bunch over here and I am NOT looking to start anything like that, just saying.

The last 6 times we have gone we stayed on site. Since the family surpassed family of 4 and grew to a family of 5 (Disney souvenir) and then a family of 6 plus one grandma always tagging along, I have had to pay for two rooms at Pop or an All Star.

Disney likes us, I mean really likes us and this time around found that I had not one but 4 coveted codes attached to our name when we were in the looking and pricing stage of planning. 30% off any resort, free dining, free water parks options and more with a package, and one other I just canít remember.

It was tough not using any of the codes. It almost felt like I was stabbing Disney in the back not taking one of them, but after Tim pried the phone away from my hands and hit end, it only took a few weeks to stop crying and accept the fact that we were going to have to stay off site if we were ever going to step foot in WDW in the year 2012.

I love codes! I saved boo-ko bucks at Disney using some pretty awesome codes, but this time around we are totally going outside of our comfort zone and our plans are all the complete opposite of what we are used to doing.

I even have PAPER tickets, gasp!

I- know!

There are literally a bazillion vacation homes, condos, apartments, villas, hotels, motels to rent in the Orlando area. I know because I believe I looked at ALL that were available to look at on-line. I only picked a few that I was interested in and after filtering through the 87,002 that responded back I narrowed it down to 2.

2

I actually enjoyed the wheeling and dealing with one owner. She couldnít go any less, blah blah blah, and when I told her I did find a home less than hers, she miraculously could go lower, but not as low as Nebo trying to win a bottle of Boons Farm in a game of limbo.

I chose to rent this vacation home for a few reasons. Price, price, and price! That is totally huge for us, I am still a student paying tuition and not working. The house is amazing non the less and has 4 bedrooms that includes a king master bedroom, queen second master bedroom, and two other bedrooms with twin beds each. Tim and I get some privacy, my mom gets privacy, the boys get their own room and so do the girls. It has a private and enclosed pool, game room, and itís fully loaded with all the necessities of a home. Including my own washer and dryer!

It is going to be fabulous! For the first time my room will not be decorated with laundry hanging all over the place due to poor dryers found on site at most Disney resorts. Just ask Mirage!
monymony3471 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,313

Those codes would have been really tough to pass up, and the paper tickets might have bummed me out too.

However, I think the house sounds great! It may not be on property, but it's what works for your family. Who the heck thinks they can give someone crap about that? I will personally kick some butt if anyone does that to you. I promise.
shan23877 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #38
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,654

I've got your back too! I would rather stay off site than stay at home! You have to do what is best for your family.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is online now  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #39
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used
 
Backstage_Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida
Posts: 11,392

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
She couldnít go any less, blah blah blah, and when I told her I did find a home less than hers, she miraculously could go lower, but not as low as Nebo trying to win a bottle of Boons Farm in a game of limbo.
(Sorry, Nebo)

The house sounds great. But I hope you realize that you are probably bringing down Disney stock prices by staying off-site and thereby lowering the value of the IRA of your good, old, faithful friend here...

But, alas, so be it, I'll be here cheering you on.
__________________
Backstage_Gal is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #40
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran
 
My2Qtz0205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471
I am not Leo Bashing. I don't bash, just love to make fun of me and my life, the crazy one I was blessed with.

Side Note: I have one baby sister, who I love dearly. Her birthday is 7/31. We are almose 4 1/2 years apart. When I hit about 12, I wanted nothing to do with her. My mother made me take her everywhere with me. She was a tattle tale and I couldn't get away with anything when she was with me and my not so appreciative friends. HA!

So most of our lives we clashed, part resentment, part personality differences. As adults we really did not get along. Extremely different life view points. I am of the nature to just go with it, and she is of the nature that she needs to make the world change to her ideas. We can get along and laugh like best friends, but those times are far and few inbetween. But that is ok, I will take those few great moments over many bad moments.

In my opinion I find with my sister and my 2 born under the sign of Leo children, who I also love and adore more than the air that I breath, that Leo's tend to be stubborn, high tempered, very smart, determined, strong willed, leaders, and unstoppable.

I am a Piscean. I find in my life that it is hard to get along with a Leo. One thing I am very good at is acceptance, toleration, and overlooking things I don't agree with because I hate confrontation and avoid it like the plague.

Please, don't take those comments personally, I am just reflecting what I know based on my family. We all have crazy family dynamics. I find it easier to swallow to blame the differences I have with my sister on stupid astrology signs rather than bad chemistry.

Getting the family ready for church, I hope to have the next update later this afternoon. Stay cool folks, I feel a sweat coming on!
I took your comments tongue-in-cheek, so no offense taken. I am a pretty classic Leo, all of those things you mentioned. Not only did I marry another Leo, but he and I are also both firstborns! Somehow we're still married! Luckily, he comes from a very laid-back family, whereas mine is totally the opposite (though we are witty!), so he does balance me in that way, if that made any sense. n:

Back to the PTR! We are also staying off-site! We are a family of 9 (my nuclear family of 4 + in-laws + BIL & SIL & baby niece). An off-site house was the only way to go for us. I also scoured every rental in the Orlando area and came down to two. The bedrooms are decorated with Disney theming, and everybody gets their own bathroom, so it sounds like a good thing to me! :thumbsup:
__________________


My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #41
mmeb144


My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!
 
mmeb144's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Fowler, IN USA
Posts: 2,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I chose to rent this vacation home for a few reasons. Price, price, and price! That is totally huge for us, I am still a student paying tuition and not working. The house is amazing non the less and has 4 bedrooms that includes a king master bedroom, queen second master bedroom, and two other bedrooms with twin beds each. Tim and I get some privacy, my mom gets privacy, the boys get their own room and so do the girls. It has a private and enclosed pool, game room, and itís fully loaded with all the necessities of a home. Including my own washer and dryer!

It is going to be fabulous! For the first time my room will not be decorated with laundry hanging all over the place due to poor dryers found on site at most Disney resorts.
For our next WDW trip we are also considering offsite. The price point to stay onsite is getting ridiculous! I have a family of 4, so we fit in the rooms. We are planning another summer trip during no discount season. It just seems like a lot of money without a lot of perks.
__________________
Marie

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #42
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer
 
cp'ersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 291

I agree, my DD and I just booked our room for our trip in Sept and even with her cast member discount the price seems insane. We were wondering if it was just us or did the rates actually get really high recently? I guess it's not just us.
__________________

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
cp'ersmom is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #43
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer
 
Mom&RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 450

I've got your back too! Better staying off site and getting to go than not going at all!! I've often wondered how people with large families can afford to stay on-site!
__________________
me DM 47, DS 18, Dad's not Disney

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #44
laura74
DIS Veteran
 
laura74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I was warned about the dangers of letting the Dis world know that we are staying off site. I have had my share of people bullying me here and I choose to post in safer waters. I have no issue with people knowing we have rented a house. I know you all will have my back in case anyone dares to post negatively on my TR. : But we are just a happy bunch over here and I am NOT looking to start anything like that, just saying.!
I can't believe people would bully you over your choice of accommodations! What's the matter with some people?

We stay on site because the one time we stayed off site we kept getting lost. We both have terrible senses of direction. We also lost the car in the parking lot a few times. I remember holding my daughter, hobbling around the parking lot because my feet hurt for about an hour until we finally found the rental car. So staying on site was a Godsend for us but I know you can get much nicer accommodations offsite for less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Disney likes us, I mean really likes us and this time around found that I had not one but 4 coveted codes attached to our name when we were in the looking and pricing stage of planning. 30% off any resort, free dining, free water parks options and more with a package, and one other I just canít remember.
Wow! That's a lot of pin codes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I even have PAPER tickets, gasp!
Say it ain't so!

We have paper tickets because we have annual passes and for some reason they think the tickets you keep for a year should be made of less sturdy material than the tickets you use for a week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I actually enjoyed the wheeling and dealing with one owner. She couldnít go any less, blah blah blah, and when I told her I did find a home less than hers, she miraculously could go lower, but not as low as Nebo trying to win a bottle of Boons Farm in a game of limbo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I chose to rent this vacation home for a few reasons. Price, price, and price! That is totally huge for us, I am still a student paying tuition and not working. The house is amazing non the less and has 4 bedrooms that includes a king master bedroom, queen second master bedroom, and two other bedrooms with twin beds each. Tim and I get some privacy, my mom gets privacy, the boys get their own room and so do the girls. It has a private and enclosed pool, game room, and itís fully loaded with all the necessities of a home. Including my own washer and dryer!
Sounds amazing!


Great update!
__________________
Me DH DD12

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
laura74 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #45
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey
 
Sandy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana
Posts: 567

I have friends who stay offsite renting a house. They have kids and always have her parents with them, so having a lot of bedrooms is easier for their family. I've seen the pictures from their trip last month and I have to say I'm tempted. What will finally get me to do that is the enclosed private pool. What kept me from renting for November is free dining.
Anyway, we do have your back!
__________________
Me DD DD DSIL DGS21 DGD15 DGS9 DGD6

Sandy Mouse is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: