Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #211
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Swimming dinner and beer!
All right, I give up. What's a 'swimming dinner'?

Quote:
I had to refer to my notes to figure out where I was in this TR,
I know! I know! You were swimming in a hottub full of stew!

Am I right? Am I right? I'm right! Right?

Quote:
I know I have been bad
Bad monymony, bad! Go to your room. No swimming dinner for you!

Quote:
Day 3 blizzard beach Swimming dinner and beer.
They have this swimming dinner at blizzard beach? Will have to check that out.

Quote:
My boys love the water parks at Disney. In fact when we aren’t on a Disney vacation we have been known to spend a few days at a few Great Wolf Lodges, AKA the Great Bear Lodge. We love the water and all the fun things that they dream up for us to do.
We did that with the girls a couple of years ago. Went to the Dells. Had a blast.

Quote:
This bothers me a little because I want her to be having fun too, but in her little way, she is. She likes to watch her stories or Lifetime movies and with Tim and the boys gone, she has no one to fight for the remote. Plus I think she gets a nap in too.
Like Nebo already pointed out. You travel all that way... to watch TV and nap...

I got the impression that your mom's retired? Doesn't she already do that? If you've got a job that's different. Ah well, to each their own.

Quote:
Before we leave she tells me that she forgot her extra bag of insulin.

Quote:
She informs me she made up a bag of the pills that she would need for the trip. In her purse she carries around a small bag that usually last 3-4 days.

When she was done, she put the bulk bag in the cupboard.
Again...

Quote:
call your brother and see if he can fed ex them here. She doesn’t want to inconvenience him.
Would having to visit her in the hospital be less inconvenient?

Quote:
Mom calls reaches her and yep the pills are in the cupboard and 19.00 later she fed exes them to the vacation house. So much for me asking her if she had everything before we left.
Well, at least she got them. Besides, it's your fault. When you asked her if she had everything, how was she supposed to know you meant everything??

Quote:
I find a primo spot in the park to put our things on and I start to do the happy dance. Right next to the bathrooms, the kiddie area is right in front of me, and then I smell it. Smoke! We are in the smoking section.
I would be up and out of there. I do not want to be sucking in second hand smoke, thank you very much.

Quote:
I see them looking at me, those who want the same spot and probably smokers too, but I figure I saved them a few more precious minutes of life
You're a life saver, you are!

Quote:
Last time at this park I had a melt down.
Wow! Just how hot does it have to be when people start melting?

Quote:
I had an episode.
Everybody has a favorite episode, but not everybody has the same favorite episode.

Quote:
Here’s the insert from my other TR that explains what happened and the fear I face:
Wow. How strange that you never experienced anything before then. Never had any problems looking over a balcony or in a plane?

Quote:
I got in line for the chair lift.
That's pretty brave of you.

Quote:
The things we do for our kids!
I hear ya! I better get lots of attention when I'm old and senile

.... more senile.

Quote:
That is when I went back to our primo spot envied by all the smokers. I bet I can hear what they were thinking. Do you smell that? Clean air? Who is not smoking? Hey this is a smoking section can’t you read!? I don’t smoke in your designated area, you better light up in mine!
That's pretty funny.

Quote:
He sounds worried it won’t happen, but I especially made plans to be at AK on this day cause they asked.
So what you're saying is they better darned well be there or It's Over!

Quote:
plus I know how technically challenged he is so I put the phone away.
That's very true. He's still trying to figure out how to make the leap from rotary dial to push button.

Quote:
If you read his TR you can figure out it wasn’t a bad connection of the phones, but it was a bad connections of his head
Again true. His head's not quite screwed on right, is it?

Quote:
We took a vote and the majority did want to call it a day.
65% voted to call it a day, 20% voted to call it a night, 10% voted to call it an afternoon and 5% voted to call it a fiesta.

Quote:
So we gave the family one last ride before calling it quits.
Wow. Which ride did you give them and can the rest of us still use it too?

Quote:
I called mom and asked her if she could make some hot dogs and mac n cheese that we would just eat when we got home and save the $100.00 it would cost to feed us there.
That really puts it into perspective doesn't it? Make it yourself and it'll cost you... what, $20? Compared to the $100 you would've spent...

Quote:
Got home around 3:30 and the first thing I did was open two beers. One for me and one for Tim.
See that's the mark of a good parent right there. You didn't say, "One for me and one for the kids to share."

Quote:
Grandma even joined us.
Ya gotta love a hard partying Grandma.

Quote:
Our pool. I loved having this. My kids swam, we made up silly stupid games to play and even though it rained for a spell, we had a great time.
No one else around to make them self-conscious.

Quote:
The day ended with all of us happy and out of beer.
I think Nebo already covered this very odd statement.

Quote:
Not me on my best day, but really who cares? Right?
I dunno, you look just fine to me. Besides... it's hot and you're having a blast so who cares?

Quote:
My last chapter mentioned we came home to something pretty crazy, but I was wrong, it happened the next night. So I apologize for misleading you, but I promise, it is funny, unusual, and adds some insight to the night the house was broke into.
Oh you're such a tease! All right, I guess I'll hang around for another day...

Just messin' with ya, thanks for the chapter!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #212
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I have great admiration for all teachers, but those who can teach in special education really touch my heart. I was just looking at some FB posts from my sister's nephew. He has autism, and as he was growing up, we were all so concerned that he would never be able to live independently. In May, he graduated from SFSU, he has his own apt., works in a supermarket, sings in his church choir, and makes independent films (his degree is in film-making). I know that the dedicated teachers who worked with him, as well as his family, helped him to become the amazing young man he is today.
God bless you in your work.
These kids are already remarkable, we just have to find a way to really bring it out and let it shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post

Edit:
Realized this is a complete non-sequiter. When did page 14 show up?
I've been hanging out with Nebo for 6 years now on these boards, nothing logical around these parts. Keep surfing..........
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #213
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

I think that was the beer talking.

Like Nebo already pointed out. You travel all that way... to watch TV and nap...

I got the impression that your mom's retired? Doesn't she already do that? If you've got a job that's different. Ah well, to each their own.

Retired, widowed, and set in her ways.

Again...

When I have some free time, I could really tell you a few stories........

Would having to visit her in the hospital be less inconvenient?

No emabarrassed to ask probably.

Well, at least she got them. Besides, it's your fault. When you asked her if she had everything, how was she supposed to know you meant everything??

Quote:
I would be up and out of there. I do not want to be sucking in second hand smoke, thank you very much.

Oh I hate that too, but we were mostly in the water or on a slide, no sitting around for us.

You're a life saver, you are!

I know right?

Wow! Just how hot does it have to be when people start melting?

Sweaty hot, geees!

Everybody has a favorite episode, but not everybody has the same favorite episode.

But here you are reading mine, thanks!

Wow. How strange that you never experienced anything before then. Never had any problems looking over a balcony or in a plane?

White knuckle fly er, sweaty palms if I have to look over something, but never expected to react that way.

That's pretty brave of you.

Disney wrote a movie about me.

That's pretty funny.

I dunno, you look just fine to me. Besides... it's hot and you're having a blast so who cares?
You are right!

Oh you're such a tease! All right, I guess I'll hang around for another day...

Tease? Perhaps? I really think you will have a blast breaking the next one down.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #214
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

I wondered this too, not sure why I didn't ask. I think it was because I figured I'm just missing something and I'll let somebody else look stupid and ask.

I hear ya! I better get lots of attention when I'm old and senile

.... more senile.

and older.

That's very true. He's still trying to figure out how to make the leap from rotary dial to push button.

I'll have you know I bought a new sundial for the garage but I haven't figured out yet how to turn it on.

Yes it is. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

That really puts it into perspective doesn't it? Make it yourself and it'll cost you... what, $20? Compared to the $100 you would've spent...

Not if they bought the Mac and Cheese and Hot Dogs at Goodings, at the Crossroads by Downtown Disney, then it would be about a wash.

Ya gotta love a hard partying Grandma.

True stroy; I used to bring my Gram with me on bowling league night, a small 8 laner upstairs of a small gin mill type tavern, We always had to stop and say hi first downstairs so gram could flirt with Willy, the bartender. ONe night I told Gram I'm bringing a girl with tonight, first time Smidgy got to meet her.
We got out of the car and I was running late and had to go right up, but Gram still had to go and see Willy, Diane went with.
Two hours later they finally made it up by me, Diane was stumbling. She said first thing Gram said was, "We'll have two boilermakers please." Oh, Grandma loved her whiskey shots and beer, I think that's where I got it from.
My loving sweeet Gramma was a bad influence on me!

I still find it hard to believe that somebody could actually forget their medication, I mean, c'mon!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #215
monymony3471

Hey you two old farts, I was reading my notes. Swimming dinner and beer is short for:

We went swimming, had dinner, and drank beer.

Capeesh?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #216
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I wondered this too, not sure why I didn't ask. I think it was because I figured I'm just missing something and I'll let somebody else look stupid and ask.
Good plan! But who are we going to get that's stupid enough to ask the question?

oh. That was me.

Quote:
I'll have you know I bought a new sundial for the garage but I haven't figured out yet how to turn it on.
Well, duh! You have to hook up the donkey so it can turn it.
Do I have to explain everything?

Quote:
Unless your head was made in China, it would be the opposite, 'cause China's on the opposite side of the world.

Quote:
True stroy; I used to bring my Gram with me on bowling league night, ... Oh, Grandma loved her whiskey shots and beer, I think that's where I got it from.
My loving sweeet Gramma was a bad influence on me!
Great story!

Quote:
Hey you two old farts, I was reading my notes. Swimming dinner and beer is short for:

We went swimming, had dinner, and drank beer.

Capeesh?
Nah, I think Nebo and I got it right. Nice try though.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #217
monymony3471

Hollywood Studios

This is the park Zack wanted to be in for his birthday. I can’t blame him, ToT, RNRC, the refurbed Star Tours. Good place to be on your 14th birthday.

Grandma is ok with this park so she is with us today. We actually made it to the park before it opened. Woot Woot!

Upon entering I collect the tickets and Grandma, me and Maddy fastpass TSM.

I take this picture and wonder where everyone is.

It really is insane that at 10 minutes into opening this ride already has a 30 minute wait.

Now I know where everyone is.

Woody and Buzz are across from us for pictures and Maddy wants to see them, so we go in and enjoy some airconditioning for a spell. While waiting there is some very cute scenery that Maddy plays on and I take some pictures.

Just as we get to be next a nice CM asked if we wouldn’t mind waiting while a Make A Wish family gets some time with the characters.

No problem go right ahead and I give Maddy an extra hug and a squeeze. A little prayer later for the nice family and their kids and its our turn.

Maddy was beaming she got some real time with Buzz and Woody and we headed over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I am real excited to see what Maddy thinks of this. I love this performance especially with the puppetry.

I think she remembers the bubbles.

Next stop Playhouse Disney and we get the front row. Good for me cause I get to sit and stretch my legs out, but not so good for Maddy cause it is hard to see any more than the heads of the puppets from this vantage point. I think Maddy is just in awe with the whole thing and forgives me for sitting there. This is her first trip that she will remember, so watching her face is my high this trip.

We left PHD and Maddy pulled my arm so hard and steared us over to meet Handy Manny. I was enjoying her sudden interest in characters. At one time Maddy freaked when any of them came near us. One time at 1900 Park Fare Lady Trumaine came up to us and Maddy screamed at her to GO AWAY! LT folded her arms and told Tim and I that we needed to do a better job at teaching our child good manners.

Jake was next to Handy Manny.

Mom Maddy and I also took a spin on the Great Movie ride, we got the cheesy version with the female playing the male role. That really ruins it for me, but the animatronics make up for it. Maddy was unsure about the Alien part and buried her head in my shoulder but soon enough she was bouncing along to follow the yellow brick road.

Time to ride Toy Story!

Last trip Toy Story was being re-furbbed and we couldn’t ride it. Very disappointing. So I have been waiting to ride this ride again for 4ish years. Remember Grandma is in a motorized scooter and this ride is one of those where you have to wait for a special car to come around so although we fast passed it, there was a wait. The ride was awesome and Matt beat us all. So I was quietly seething and took our passes and fast passed it again.

We headed over to the ToT and RNRC area and got our fill of those and it was time to see Beauty and the Beast. Mal was 2 the last time we saw this and right when it started she fell asleep. The rope was closed and we waited for them to open it up so we could be seated. The CM announced strollers and wheel chairs stay left. I made sure my mom heard this, and she did, and I headed up to find our handicapped seating area. I had Maddy’s hand and we high tailed it to our seats. We get there and claim our spot. We are waiting for Tim and the boys Mal and my mom to turn the corner and find us.

We wait, and wait some more. We’ve waited so long I am getting confused. They were right behind me and we were pretty much first. I try to text him and I see my son. Where is everyone? He says they are coming, Grandma got stuck.

What do you mean Grandma got stuck.

I see my husband and he is not happy.

I don’t see my mom.

So I wait for it.

“Your mom is riding her scooter on the left side and the CM at the turnstile is yelling at her, ‘Ma’am this way to the right’ and he’s holding the chain open for her scooter to go through with the handicapped sign. He’s yelling louder, ‘Ma’am your scooter has to go this way.’ And your mom says, ‘No I can make it’, and she floors it and jams her scooter in the turnstile. They can’t get it out and they called maintenance to come and take it apart to remove it.”

I told him that the first CM told us strollers and wheelchairs to the left. I even asked over my shoulder, scooters too and he answered yes. But what the CM failed to do is ask if she could get out of her chair. To the left meant for parking. My mom had to go right to ride through the larger gate. She just stayed left like she was told.

Another issue is people have no respect for those with scooters and cut her off and don’t allow her to merge when she has to. She probably just panicked and thought if I floor it, it will fit.

Tim said she jerked so hard when it got stuck he thought she was flying off of it.

He also said she tore up the arm pads on the scooter. I wondered if we were gonna get a bill to replace the turnstile. How much do turnstiles cost?

My boys came back fighting back the giggles, you know the kind.
Uncontrollably shaking and beat red and tears, yes, those kind.

They love their Grandmother very much. I bet they were wishing they videoed it for their facebook accounts.

The show was cute and the girls loved it. When we left I couldn’t help notice a CM watching over us. I bet he was told make sure that lady on the scooter leaves in the right direction.

My plan was to go take a boat over to Beaches N’ Cream for Zack’s birthday. We would order the kitchen sink and that would be our dinner. Since Matt can’t have that stuff he could get a burger and fries, everyone is happy.

At least that is what I thought.

We get in line at the boat dock and the ferry pulls up. The driver of the boat says, “Sorry folks the boats are down due to that big storm coming our way, we turn around and yikes, that looks ugly, yes big dark rolling looking clouds are coming. We now head to the car and drive over. Nice resort, been here for a character breakfast and a clam bake. I love the way they decorate for Christmas and the lobby felt naked without seeing the chocolate carousel in the middle.

The guy at the podium really got under my skin. I told him party of 7 and he looked at me like I was crazy. He told me at least an hour wait. I told him that was fine we weren’t in a hurry and he kinda tossed a buzzer at me. I smiled and thanked him and took a seat at a sidewalk table. My kids drooled over the pool which was also closed because of the weather. I believe our wait was about 30 minutes and we were seated. I smiled at the improperly trained podium man as we walked by. We were given this tiny table and the improperly trained podium man smiled at me as he walked by.

We ordered the kitchen sink and Malorie wanted to order dinner. I explained to her ice cream was for dinner and she freaked. She didn’t want ice cream for dinner she wanted “real” food. I told her no, and that was that. She would eat ice cream for dinner and that was final!

She pouted and the tears started flowing. Seriously. Are you kidding me?

My mother being diabetic couldn’t have the kitchen sink and ordered herself a dinner as well which peeved my daughter off even more.

The lights changed, and they sang some song behind the counter and brought us the kitchen sink! We dug in and Mal still pouted.

Grandma gave in and ordered her a burger. Then after her burger she expected to eat ice cream. At home I would have sent her to her room, but at Disney, she got to enjoy some ice cream. I don’t think 5 of us even ate half of it. It was good and another thing I can say I did at WDW.

We drove back to DHS and I was bound and determined to beat Matt’s score on Toy Story Mania. My family has a competitive nature and all is not right in the world when mom loses. It's our fastpass time.

We go through the fast pass line and the running joke now is, Grandma stay left.

We really love on each other that way.

We wait for the car to come around and this time get split up and we let the boys and Mal go first. We finally get loaded in and start our game. Matt is ahead of me and I have no idea how he is doing. We get to the first round of shooting and my gun putters out.

WHAT??????!!!!!!!

It doesn’t work the rest of the ride and I am ticked. First spaceship snooze with no sound and now my gun won’t work on TSM.

When the ride was over I told the CM’s about the darn gun being broke and they offered me to ride again, but I didn’t see the kids so I thanked them but that wouldn’t be necessary. I really wanted to, but not without my kids.

So, now my thinking is, I beat him next time. I love that kind of thinking, don’t you?

We are over Fantasmic and aren’t in the mood to deal with all of the craziness involved with seeing that show. I think they have turnstiles going up that walkway too.

It is dark and it feels good to stay in a park all day. I’m sure we rode a few more rides and head home.

It was a great day! We spent an entire day in a park, a park we really enjoy. Mal is officially a big girl and rides everything her brothers ride.

As we drive I start thinking about the house. Did they try to come back for what they missed out on? Are the police going to be waiting again for us? I hate having these thoughts.

I must have missed a picture it said, “Fruit Stealing Hooligans.”

Can you imagine? You pull into the sub and see that. It made me wonder what happened to the neighborhood that day. Did the fruit stealers break into a bunch of homes that day? Was ours the last one and the alarm scared them away? I bet several renters came home to a horrible surprise. They kept the sign up for about 48 hours. It flashed the message and I wonder who it was more for. Us? Or the fruit stealers?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #218
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Thanks for the update. We were planning on ordering the kitchen sink this trip, but DS is vegan, so no dairy, DD (age 22, mind you), and my friend's DH (over age 40) didn't want to share because too many flavors would be touching. We ended up ordering one individual sundae per couple. It worked out fine, but it just wasn't magical.
P.S. Sorry about your Tigers. I had to pull for the Giants, though. My dad hoped for them to win every year, and nothing. Since he passed away, they have won twice. DH said now that Dad's in Heaven, he's got God's ear just a little more.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 10-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #219
smidgy
dimples

it was great to hear about your DHS day . I heard snippets of it here and there (on our meet day).. the kitchensink, mom gettting stuck at Beauty and the beast,,, but now it's all in perspective (and proper order)

I think it's so funny that the kids were getting ice cream!!! for dinner, and Mal wanted a "real" dinner! (but, actually, when we met up with colleen,,, tiggerwannabe, and her son and marita .. backstage gal.. at beaches and cream.. our lan was for ice cream, but once igot there, I wanted "real" food, too)

about the scooters. so many people think it's "front of the line".. in reality, you end up waiting much longer, many times.... get worse seast for the shows, and even if yu "skip" the lines, (and actualywait longer in a "holding" area",) you miss all the fun, cool stuff in the regular line

I hope you guys in Michigan miss most of the bad storm stuff coming along!!!!

ps I was so happy nebo was well enough to meet up with you guys. I wasn't willing to share my time with jackson with anyone, until I heard you guys were going to be there! this is the lady I never mey who sent me 2 big boxes of little girl clothes, , the bood "breaking Dawn" so I wouldn't have to wait in the 40 name wait at the library, AND!!! (most important) can give Nebo a verbal run for his money!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #220
nebo
sharkbait

Ok, let's see what I can throw in here to annoy you.

Quote:
Hollywood Studios

This is the park Zack wanted to be in for his birthday. I can’t blame him, ToT, RNRC, the refurbed Star Tours. Good place to be on your 14th birthday.

Tell Matt that I will be in Islands of Adventure playing with Harry and Hermoine on HIS birthday. And dinner that niaght will be at Margaritaville. No, I'm not a parrothead but I do like singing Come Monday, much to Diane's dismay.

Grandma is ok with this park so she is with us today. We actually made it to the park before it opened. Woot Woot!

Woot woot? Oh , that's you doing the beginning of Steve Miller's Take the Money and Run.

Upon entering I collect the tickets and Grandma, me and Maddy fastpass TSM.

How fast were yo going when you passed it?

I take this picture and wonder where everyone is.

You do know we were there on the same day, and you never said hi to us. Oh, you were probably eating appliances when we were there.

It really is insane that at 10 minutes into opening this ride already has a 30 minute wait.

Amazing isn't it? And it's certainly no thrill ride.

Woody and Buzz are across from us for pictures and Maddy wants to see them, so we go in and enjoy some airconditioning for a spell. While waiting there is some very cute scenery that Maddy plays on and I take some pictures.

Good picture, glad to see you didn' t cut her out of that picture too like you did your avatar.

Maddy was beaming she got some real time with Buzz and Woody and we headed over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I am real excited to see what Maddy thinks of this. I love this performance especially with the puppetry.

I think she remembers the bubbles.

I got to do one thing this trip at the Studios,, the car stunt show and that was it.

Next stop Playhouse Disney and we get the front row. Good for me cause I get to sit and stretch my legs out, but not so good for Maddy cause it is hard to see any more than the heads of the puppets from this vantage point. I think Maddy is just in awe with the whole thing and forgives me for sitting there. This is her first trip that she will remember, so watching her face is my high this trip.

We still havent done that. I'm looking forward to trying it the next trip and watching the expressions on Smidgy's cute little face.

Mom Maddy and I also took a spin on the Great Movie ride, we got the cheesy version with the female playing the male role. That really ruins it for me, but the animatronics make up for it. Maddy was unsure about the Alien part and buried her head in my shoulder but soon enough she was bouncing along to follow the yellow brick road.

Don't you hate that when a girl starts trying to do the Chicago ganster accent? i always get embarrassed for them as well. No WAY could I do that in public.

Time to ride Toy Story!

Last trip Toy Story was being re-furbbed and we couldn’t ride it. Very disappointing. So I have been waiting to ride this ride again for 4ish years. Remember Grandma is in a motorized scooter and this ride is one of those where you have to wait for a special car to come around so although we fast passed it, there was a wait. The ride was awesome and Matt beat us all. So I was quietly seething and took our passes and fast passed it again.

Ohhhh, you're one of those kind, eh?

We headed over to the ToT and RNRC area and got our fill of those and it was time to see Beauty and the Beast. Mal was 2 the last time we saw this and right when it started she fell asleep. The rope was closed and we waited for them to open it up so we could be seated. The CM announced strollers and wheel chairs stay left. I made sure my mom heard this, and she did, and I headed up to find our handicapped seating area. I had Maddy’s hand and we high tailed it to our seats. We get there and claim our spot. We are waiting for Tim and the boys Mal and my mom to turn the corner and find us.

We wait, and wait some more. We’ve waited so long I am getting confused. They were right behind me and we were pretty much first. I try to text him and I see my son. Where is everyone? He says they are coming, Grandma got stuck.

Uh oh,,, time for surprises.

What do you mean Grandma got stuck.

I see my husband and he is not happy.

I don’t see my mom.

So I wait for it.

Why me, just once, why couldn't it go,,, why me?

Another issue is people have no respect for those with scooters and cut her off and don’t allow her to merge when she has to. She probably just panicked and thought if I floor it, it will fit.

Tim said she jerked so hard when it got stuck he thought she was flying off of it.

WHOA, a crash test grandma!

He also said she tore up the arm pads on the scooter. I wondered if we were gonna get a bill to replace the turnstile. How much do turnstiles cost?

I'm sure it served it right, I can't count how many times Disney turnstyles have gotten me in the groin in all our trips. I'm the only guy in Disney that now wears a chastity belt!
I do wish I had gotten the keylock type though;
The combination lock style makes it look like you are doing something else.

sorry

My boys came back fighting back the giggles, you know the kind.
Uncontrollably shaking and beat red and tears, yes, those kind.

Those aren't giggles, those are Guffaws!

They love their Grandmother very much. I bet they were wishing they videoed it for their facebook accounts.

Me too!

The show was cute and the girls loved it. When we left I couldn’t help notice a CM watching over us. I bet he was told make sure that lady on the scooter leaves in the right direction.

Disney has cameras everywhere, don't you wish they had a TruTV type show of "Wackiest things at DisneyWorld" show?
Wait, I'd be a reoccurring character, next thing I know I'll be going to reunions with Octomom and Paris and Kate and hang around with Corey Feldman end up rich and famous. Well, no thank you, what would I do with money?

My plan was to go take a boat over to Beaches N’ Cream for Zack’s birthday. We would order the kitchen sink and that would be our dinner. Since Matt can’t have that stuff he could get a burger and fries, everyone is happy.

At least that is what I thought.

Now there you go again, thinking.

We get in line at the boat dock and the ferry pulls up. The driver of the boat says, “Sorry folks the boats are down due to that big storm coming our way, we turn around and yikes, that looks ugly, yes big dark rolling looking clouds are coming. We now head to the car and drive over. Nice resort, been here for a character breakfast and a clam bake. I love the way they decorate for Christmas and the lobby felt naked without seeing the chocolate carousel in the middle.

Trying to picture eating clams for breakfast.

My kids drooled over the pool which was also closed because of the weather. I believe our wait was about 30 minutes and we were seated. I smiled at the improperly trained podium man as we walked by. We were given this tiny table and the improperly trained podium man smiled at me as he walked by.

I'm a pool afficianado, and after two hours there, that pool gets to be not very special quickly, it would help if all the little pools that make it up were connected, but they aren't. Even the slide you have to leave the pool area and cross the promenade to get to the beach area just to climb the stairs to the top. When you suddenly find yourself out in teh open dripping with everybody walking past on their way to Epcot you really don't feel very special staying at the Yacht and Beach club.

We ordered the kitchen sink and Malorie wanted to order dinner. I explained to her ice cream was for dinner and she freaked. She didn’t want ice cream for dinner she wanted “real” food. I told her no, and that was that. She would eat ice cream for dinner and that was final!

She pouted and the tears started flowing. Seriously. Are you kidding me?

Now that's funny; "But mom, I don't want to eat pudding, I want broccoli!"
Reminds me of a George Carling routine, "words you will never hear somebody say, like, "Hand me that piano."

Grandma gave in and ordered her a burger. Then after her burger she expected to eat ice cream. At home I would have sent her to her room, but at Disney, she got to enjoy some ice cream. I don’t think 5 of us even ate half of it. It was good and another thing I can say I did at WDW.

Ok, you got me on that one, never got the sink before, and doubt we ever will, not unless they bring us each 50 spoons, so that when she, or anybody else takes a scoop out of there and then wants another?
"Ok, now please first turn in your contaminated used spoon and we will allow you to remove more of the ice cream to your face."
Remember, I'm the guy who once gave Smidgy me brand new ice cream cone because when I wasn't looking she took a lick off of it.
It had her tongue prints on it!

I'll bet Tim understands. Oh wait, he was one of the 5 digging in, wasn'[t he?

We drove back to DHS and I was bound and determined to beat Matt’s score on Toy Story Mania. My family has a competitive nature and all is not right in the world when mom loses.

"Hey everyone, my Mother!"

We go through the fast pass line and the running joke now is, Grandma stay left.

We really love on each other that way.

Yes, I saw that when I met her and she showed me the 30 caliber machine gun button and the oil slick lever for when you get too close!

We wait for the car to come around and this time get split up and we let the boys and Mal go first. We finally get loaded in and start our game. Matt is ahead of me and I have no idea how he is doing. We get to the first round of shooting and my gun putters out.

I can't believe you posted that line; you
do know some of the people that are reading this, right?

WHAT??????!!!!!!!

It doesn’t work the rest of the ride and I am ticked. First spaceship snooze with no sound and now my gun won’t work on TSM.

What, did the little string break? Sometimes finding a string will cause a gun to putter out.(no, no smiley here is the best smiley)

It is dark and it feels good to stay in a park all day. I’m sure we rode a few more rides and head home.

It was a great day! We spent an entire day in a park, a park we really enjoy. Mal is officially a big girl and rides everything her brothers ride.
Well, except for the part when you drove over to the Beach club and had "Linner".
Or was it Dunch?

As we drive I start thinking about the house. Did they try to come back for what they missed out on? Are the police going to be waiting again for us? I hate having these thoughts.

I know what you mean. And, so, what happened to the aforementioned storm?

I must have missed a picture it said, “Fruit Stealing Hooligans.”

Can you imagine? You pull into the sub and see that. It made me wonder what happened to the neighborhood that day. Did the fruit stealers break into a bunch of homes that day? Was ours the last one and the alarm scared them away? I bet several renters came home to a horrible surprise. They kept the sign up for about 48 hours. It flashed the message and I wonder who it was more for. Us? Or the fruit stealers?
Wow. Yeah, that can take the fun out of things, so much for "escapism". Sorry you had to have that happen on your vacation, really, I am.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #221
monymony3471

Hard to quote from the phone Steve, but they do serve you your own bowls to scoop your ice cream into so we aren't all eating from the same bowl. That would be icky! They did think that out.

The string didn't break on the ride, it just wouldn't respond to what I was doing. It didn't fire.

We were really in the park the same day?

The next park I wrote about is our meeting, and that may take some time, I need to get it just right, wink wink.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #222
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't they have a rule here against political commentary?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #223
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
it was great to hear about your DHS day . I heard snippets of it here and there (on our meet day).. the kitchensink, mom gettting stuck at Beauty and the beast,,, but now it's all in perspective (and proper order)

I think it's so funny that the kids were getting ice cream!!! for dinner, and Mal wanted a "real" dinner! (but, actually, when we met up with colleen,,, tiggerwannabe, and her son and marita .. backstage gal.. at beaches and cream.. our lan was for ice cream, but once igot there, I wanted "real" food, too)

about the scooters. so many people think it's "front of the line".. in reality, you end up waiting much longer, many times.... get worse seast for the shows, and even if yu "skip" the lines, (and actualywait longer in a "holding" area",) you miss all the fun, cool stuff in the regular line

I think the worse holding area is haunted mansion, they split up my family and we waited a very long time for the CM to come and get us. I hope you guys in Michigan miss most of the bad storm stuff coming along!!!!

We got a lot of wind and rain, power out in areas, and a handful of school closings. The Great Lakes were really affected and tomorrow's Halloween is going to stink for the little ones. Cold, rain, and those two things don't mix good with outdoor stuff and little hands.

ps I was so happy nebo was well enough to meet up with you guys. I wasn't willing to share my time with jackson with anyone, until I heard you guys were going to be there! this is the lady I never mey who sent me 2 big boxes of little girl clothes, , the bood "breaking Dawn" so I wouldn't have to wait in the 40 name wait at the library, AND!!! (most important) can give Nebo a verbal run for his money!!!!!!
I'd do it again ten fold! You are so sweet, can't wait to see yous again!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #224
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Hard to quote from the phone Steve, but they do serve you your own bowls to scoop your ice cream into so we aren't all eating from the same bowl. That would be icky! They did think that out.

Uhuh, nope, nope, nope, not the bowls that are an issue, it's the same SPOON going from mouth to "community Bowl" that's the issue. Ok, you put some in your bowl, you eat it. Now you want some more,,,,,,
I rest my case your honor.

We were really in the park the same day?
Yes we were, FRIDAY, Auggie 10, Hollywood Studios.
But we weren't there long at all.

The next park I wrote about is our meeting, and that may take some time, I need to get it just right, wink wink.
ok, what's she winking about? Now I'm getting nervous.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #225
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
I'd do it again ten fold! You are so sweet, can't wait to see yous again!
wow! you sound like an official Chicagoan.. (but I have NEVER said YOUSE, in my life, that would be those south side daly-type chicagoans)

in my college dyas, a friend of mine(not from school) and a friend of hers, and I were in a "lounge". you know, all primped up, trying to pick up guys.... 3 good looking guys sat down, and the friend of the friend said, "so, where do YOUSE work?" I wanted to crawl under the table.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: