Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #196
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Nah, I knew you were alive. I saw your posts on Nebo's thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Ditto
Yes, I saw HER Posts on Nebo's thread too.
Yep, pulling up the zipper on those special pants Buzz gave me last week.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #197
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

She's alive!!!!!!

Can't wait for the next update.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #198
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Swimming dinner and beer!

I had to refer to my notes to figure out where I was in this TR, I know I have been bad and neglected keeping it current. But I promise, I will write it in its entirety.

Day 3 blizzard beach Swimming dinner and beer.

This is all my notes said, but I do believe that is all I need to spin this day’s tale.

My boys love the water parks at Disney. In fact when we aren’t on a Disney vacation we have been known to spend a few days at a few Great Wolf Lodges, AKA the Great Bear Lodge. We love the water and all the fun things that they dream up for us to do.

My mom, not so much and she decides to stay home again. This bothers me a little because I want her to be having fun too, but in her little way, she is. She likes to watch her stories or Lifetime movies and with Tim and the boys gone, she has no one to fight for the remote. Plus I think she gets a nap in too.

Before we leave she tells me that she forgot her extra bag of insulin. This startles me. Cause she NEEDS her insulin. Not only did she leave her extra bag of insulin at home, but along with her insulin was her extra pills.

Define extra I ask and I turn my back, cause I am pretty sure extra means needed.

She informs me she made up a bag of the pills that she would need for the trip. In her purse she carries around a small bag that usually last 3-4 days.

When she was done, she put the bulk bag in the cupboard.

Not her packed vacation bag, but the cupboard.

She thinks she can manage if she spreads them apart.

No mom you can’t do that I tell her, call your brother and see if he can fed ex them here. She doesn’t want to inconvenience him. Mom! You need your medication, call home and see if my sister is there, she sometimes sleeps there before going in to work. She’s a nurse and works nights, long story, but that is what she does.

Mom calls reaches her and yep the pills are in the cupboard and 19.00 later she fed exes them to the vacation house. So much for me asking her if she had everything before we left.

We kinda take our time getting ready; I don’t have any touring plans for this park. I pretty much feel that the boys are on their own, Tim and Mal will do their thing now that she is big enough to ride everything, and me and Maddy will splash around the kiddie area.

I find a primo spot in the park to put our things on and I start to do the happy dance. Right next to the bathrooms, the kiddie area is right in front of me, and then I smell it. Smoke! We are in the smoking section.

I hate smoking and everything to do with it. But I am not willing to leggo of our spot. I see them looking at me, those who want the same spot and probably smokers too, but I figure I saved them a few more precious minutes of life and put a towel over our stuff and me and the gang head over to Team Boat Springs or as we call it, the Family Fun Ride.

Last time at this park I had a melt down.

Yes you read that right. I had an episode. I knew I was afraid of heights, but I didn’t know just how bad until this park. We actually have not been back to this park because of that, so I know what I was in store for. I was either gonna force myself to ride the chair lift or do the 207 steps to the top.

Here’s the insert from my other TR that explains what happened and the fear I face:

Quote:
Back in 2003 we went to WDW and spent a day at Blizzard Beach. We decided to ride the chair lifts to avoid the steps. I’ve never been on a chair lift in all my life. I had no idea what was about to happen. My oldest son and I with another child I did not know got on our lift and Tim and Zach were behind us. To this day I swear the other child must have thought I was the biggest freak of nature he ever encountered.

As we were being lifted up into the air, a terrifying feeling came over me and I froze. I felt like I was going to fall out of the chair. I had a fear that my son was going to perish as well. I couldn’t move. I put my arm across my son’s chest and made him sit completely still. I wouldn’t let him move. He protested and then I wouldn’t let him speak. I wouldn’t let his head look over the bar. I wanted him to bury his head into my shoulder. I felt we weren’t safe. I was completely in a panic and desperately needed to get off this slow moving ride. I was uncontrollably shaking and crying, tears were just pouring out of my eyes. When our feet hit the ground I grabbed Matt’s hand and waited forever for Tim’s turn to be over. He must have sensed something because he ran over to me and I practically fell into his arms. It took me about 30 minutes to recover. I never knew or imagined I had such a fear of heights like that.
What makes this hard is that this is not something I can control. It took me over and I was really a mess.
But as time passes you forget. Was it really that bad I was saying to myself, do I really want to climb up the steps? My kids are all come on mom you can do it, its not that bad, you ride soarin’……

Man was I ever bad with peer pressure…..

I got in line for the chair lift.

It wasn’t as bad this time, but it was still bad for me to do this. Maybe my daily life stresses have helped me to deal better, but thankfully it was hot, cause it helped to hide a few tears oh and I had my sunglasses on too.

The things we do for our kids!

That was enough for me and we split up here.

I spent time with Maddy walking around, floating, splashing, and watching her have fun. She is a little shy and it took her some time to build the courage to play on the kiddie slides. Once she got it Tim came around and took them back on the Family Fun Ride.

That is when I went back to our primo spot envied by all the smokers. I bet I can hear what they were thinking. Do you smell that? Clean air? Who is not smoking? Hey this is a smoking section can’t you read!? I don’t smoke in your designated area, you better light up in mine!

Or something like that.

I only took a few pictures so here they are for your visual enjoyment.

I checked my phone and saw I missed several calls from Nebo. Wow! I wonder how he is doing. I call him back and we talk. I tell him about the break in at the house the night before. Again we are having trouble with the connection. He calls back and we talk some more about meeting up on Saturday. He sounds worried it won’t happen, but I especially made plans to be at AK on this day cause they asked. I’d never on purpose miss out on meeting them. The phone connection cut out again and left it at that. We haven’t been having luck with phone service down here plus I know how technically challenged he is so I put the phone away. If you read his TR you can figure out it wasn’t a bad connection of the phones, but it was a bad connections of his head and stomach!

The kids came back and said they did everything they wanted how much longer were we gonna stay. This struck me funny cause of our past touring plan style was in the park from open to close. We took a vote and the majority did want to call it a day. So we gave the family one last ride before calling it quits.

I called mom and asked her if she could make some hot dogs and mac n cheese that we would just eat when we got home and save the $100.00 it would cost to feed us there.

Got home around 3:30 and the first thing I did was open two beers. One for me and one for Tim. I didn’t even ask him if he wanted one. This was relaxing time. We ate and just hung out at the pool, drinking beer.

The kids drink pop.

Grandma even joined us. I told her she might as well put that brand new bathing suit to use and relunctantly she did.

Had a beer herself as well.

Our pool. I loved having this. My kids swam, we made up silly stupid games to play and even though it rained for a spell, we had a great time. I’m glad we came home cause I’m sure this storm might have closed the park. We got out of there w/o having to fight the crowd or traffic.

The day ended with all of us happy and out of beer.

I was so caught up in writing about the break in I forgot to add pictures in the last chapter. So to catch you up:

I know this isn’t a great picture but this is how hot and humid it was this day. I took the camera out of my purse the first time and it immediately fogged up I had to wait until it adjusted to the Florida heat.

Goofy was great! He is my favorite and he wouldn’t let go of Maddy, he kept hugging her and shaking her hand, then I settled to get my picture taken with them. Not me on my best day, but really who cares? Right?

My last chapter mentioned we came home to something pretty crazy, but I was wrong, it happened the next night. So I apologize for misleading you, but I promise, it is funny, unusual, and adds some insight to the night the house was broke into.

Last edited by monymony3471; 10-20-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Nebo, look, right date on pictures!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #199
monymony3471

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471
First time we visited the Disney clinic where they send you if you need to visit the dr. It’s not a hospital, it is a clinic and right next door they have a pharmacy

What? Wait a second... I was lead to believe (on somebody else's TR... who shall remain nameless) that the only option was the ER? Or possibly a lifeguard.

Maybe that person got hit on the head.. or something.
Surprising isn't it? Its ok to visit doctor's offices for things like your eyes, but its not ok to visit the ER when you fall like King Kong onto the concrete.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And if you stay on property they will for free shuttle you to and from the clinic. Trust me I know!
Okay! Okay! I believe you!
I actually learned the hard way. No one told me at Pop Century Help desk, but I found out at the Clinic after asking for the phone to use so I could call a cab again to take us back. Maybe they should change the name from Help Desk to Sometimes We Give You the information You really Need to Know.

Quote:
Quote:
How great it is to have a fully working kitchen we make breakfast, coffee, pack up lots of cool drinks and program the GPS to take us to the big white ball! Ooh. A ball! And it’s white tie only? So cool, but wasn’t it hot wearing all that and dancing when it’s 95 out?
Sweaty Hot!

Quote:
Quote:
My mom was not interested in Epcot today

Not… Interested… in Epcot…
I know, its hard admitting we are related.

Quote:
Quote:
and she stayed home and said she’d have a nice dinner for us when we got back, works for me! Yea for having my mom along!

Well, it worked out well for you, but if someone had said to me, “pkondz, you stay here and cook us dinner while we go to Epcot.” I would’ve hit ‘em over the head with a frying pan!
She lives for that stuff. It was her idea, not mine.
Quote:
Quote:
I did spend a wad of money on some frozen drink I read about in France, which I chugged. It was really good despite the brain freeze. It tasted like an orange Popsicle with vanilla ice cream. Smidgy might have brought it up now that I think about it.

Had to be a Grand Marnier Slush.
Ding Ding Ding!

Quote:
Quote:
Being the good daughter I am, I take my tired family to Walmart so my mom could get a FEW things. I shove my son out of the car and tell him he is going with her to speed her along.

That kills me. “Being the good daughter… I shove my son out…”

Good daughter, yes. Good mother? Not so much.
What? I took her to Walmart? And Z got to spend quality time with grandma!
Quote:
Quote:
45 minutes later came back to the car with 7 bags.

45 minutes…
7 bags…
And you had the car running probably to have air conditioning…
How did you know? In 95 degree sweaty heat? You bet I did!

Quote:
Quote:
Zack was not happy and demanded he never be volunteered to do grandma duty again.

That’s a bright boy ya got there.
Public Education at its finest!

Quote:
Quote:
Let’s see, Wishes ended at 9:15pm and by the time we got to the car and the store it was 9:45pm.

Just out of curiosity, what time did Illuminations end?
I caught that too, but it was too late!

Quote:
Quote:
Are my kids gonna see their mom get frisked?

Well… upside. Was he good looking? :
Kinda, but in front of my kids? Oh Tim and mom were there too just for the record

Quote:
So was the alarm sounding all this time?
No, but if we broke the plane again it would go off, I think he said the alarm co turned it off, but not completely, we had to do that. Does that make sense? I never had to use one before, so I am not too sure myself.
Quote:
Quote:
HOw did you get in to search the front door was locked.
He said he came in the open window.
Quote:
Yeah, right. I find that incredibly hard to believe.
The window to our room was indeed opened and a big. Plus I had to use the code to open the lock box to open the front door. He exited out the open window and didn't touch anything, so he says.

Quote:
Quote:
It took me awhile to settle down so many what if’s going through my head.

I can imagine. Did you get any sleep that night?
No I kept checking all the doors, windows etc, multiple times.
Quote:
Now I’m really curious to see what that is. Thanks for the chapter!
Next update for shizzle!

Last edited by monymony3471; 10-20-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #200
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Quote:

Surprising isn't it? Its ok to visit doctor's offices for things like your eyes, but its not ok to visit the ER when you fall like King Kong onto the concrete.

I actually learned the hard way. No one told me at Pop Century Help desk, but I found out at the Clinic after asking for the phone to use so I could call a cab again to take us back. Maybe they should change the name from Help Desk to Sometimes We Give You the information You really Need to Know.

Sweaty Hot!

I know, its hard admitting we are related.

She lives for that stuff. It was her idea, not mine.
Ding Ding Ding!

What? I took her to Walmart? And Z got to spend quality time with grandma!
How did you know? In 95 degree sweaty heat? You bet I did!

Public Education at its finest!

I caught that too, but it was too late!

Kinda, but in front of my kids? Oh Tim and mom were there too just for the record

No, but if we broke the plane again it would go off, I think he said the alarm co turned it off, but not completely, we had to do that. Does that make sense? I never had to use one before, so I am not too sure myself.
He said he came in the open window. The window to our room was indeed opened and a big. Plus I had to use the code to open the lock box to open the front door. He exited out the open window and didn't touch anything, so he says.

No I kept checking all the doors, windows etc, multiple times.

Next update for shizzle!
Ok, one of us is losing their mind here, and at this point, no, I'm not looking under my couch just yet.
Are you just really in a mood to talk right now?
First you do a new chapter, then you yourself break that chapter down, and part of the previous one as well.

And I was the one who fell on the noggin, you been out drinkin' with Cabrera again?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #201
monymony3471

Were did you get that from?

Call!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #202
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Swimming dinner and beer!

I had to refer to my notes to figure out where I was in this TR, I know I have been bad and neglected keeping it current. But I promise, I will write it in its entirety.

I've mentioned before that most of my notes turn out to be wastes of time, I have no idea what punchline I was going for when I read them back a month later.

My boys love the water parks at Disney. In fact when we aren’t on a Disney vacation we have been known to spend a few days at a few Great Wolf Lodges, AKA the Great Bear Lodge.

Right, a wolf and a bear are often interchangable. And the Tigers are also known as the Pistons and the Lions.
Ooohhh, the LIONS, Monday night, c'mon over and we'll watch it together. Can't wait to see if somebody just shoots Suh this time after his cheap shot hits. Like when he ripped off Cutler's head and he had to have it re-attached like Mr. Potato Head.

My mom, not so much and she decides to stay home again. This bothers me a little because I want her to be having fun too, but in her little way, she is. She likes to watch her stories or Lifetime movies and with Tim and the boys gone, she has no one to fight for the remote. Plus I think she gets a nap in too.

Well there you go. Who doesn't like to drive for 1400 miles to be able to take a nap?

Before we leave she tells me that she forgot her extra bag of insulin. This startles me. Cause she NEEDS her insulin. Not only did she leave her extra bag of insulin at home, but along with her insulin was her extra pills.

U oh, I remember you asking her to MAKE sure she had everything....

When she was done, she put the bulk bag in the cupboard.

I know a person who once left a similar type bag of medicine on the kitchen half wall counter.

Mom calls reaches her and yep the pills are in the cupboard and 19.00 later she fed exes them to the vacation house. So much for me asking her if she had everything before we left.

I knew it!

I find a primo spot in the park to put our things on and I start to do the happy dance. Right next to the bathrooms, the kiddie area is right in front of me, and then I smell it. Smoke! We are in the smoking section.

Everybody looks like they are doing the happy dance right in front of the bathrooms. Geesh!
How strange though to think that now I'm / we, are in your court now on the smoking issue, I still can't believe we quit.

And I've done so well about it, I think I'll go out a pick up a carton to reward myself.
And light 5 at once and take a drag on all 5,,,,,,,
they don't have a smiley for an org,,,, oh, never mind.

I hate smoking and everything to do with it. But I am not willing to leggo of our spot.

Leggo my Eggo!

I see them looking at me, those who want the same spot and probably smokers too, but I figure I saved them a few more precious minutes of life and put a towel over our stuff and me and the gang head over to Team Boat Springs or as we call it, the Family Fun Ride.

teamboat is my favorite thing to do in all the water parks.

Last time at this park I had a melt down.

Uh oh, is a Monymelt like a Pattymelt?

Yes you read that right. I had an episode. I knew I was afraid of heights, but I didn’t know just how bad until this park. We actually have not been back to this park because of that, so I know what I was in store for. I was either gonna force myself to ride the chair lift or do the 207 steps to the top.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading this back in '06, and you were not a happy camper about it.

I got in line for the chair lift.

It wasn’t as bad this time, but it was still bad for me to do this. Maybe my daily life stresses have helped me to deal better, but thankfully it was hot, cause it helped to hide a few tears oh and I had my sunglasses on too.

Oh, well then, what can happen with your sunglasses on? Can't let anybody see you have a tear in your eye.

The things we do for our kids!

How 'bout dat, huh? Smidgy, or so it sounded, was about to ride TOT if Jackson asked her to, if it was me I'd be singing lead in Four Seasons songs for the rest of my life.

I spent time with Maddy walking around, floating, splashing, and watching her have fun. She is a little shy and it took her some time to build the courage to play on the kiddie slides. Once she got it Tim came around and took them back on the Family Fun Ride.

So, you didn't do the Teamboat Springs ride? Sorry, I got confused.

That is when I went back to our primo spot envied by all the smokers. I bet I can hear what they were thinking. Do you smell that? Clean air? Who is not smoking? Hey this is a smoking section can’t you read!? I don’t smoke in your designated area, you better light up in mine!

Or something like that.

I like that rationale, stupid as it sounds.
Sounds like something Ponzi would come up with.

I checked my phone and saw I missed several calls from Nebo. Wow! I wonder how he is doing.

Not too bad right now, thanks, and how are you doing?

I call him back and we talk. I tell him about the break in at the house the night before. Again we are having trouble with the connection. He calls back and we talk some more about meeting up on Saturday. He sounds worried it won’t happen, but I especially made plans to be at AK on this day cause they asked. I’d never on purpose miss out on meeting them. The phone connection cut out again and left it at that. We haven’t been having luck with phone service down here plus I know how technically challenged he is

why bless your heart

so I put the phone away. If you read his TR you can figure out it wasn’t a bad connection of the phones, but it was a bad connections of his head and stomach!

YES, funny how IMMEDIATELY after talking to you, I could not throw up fast enough.
Just sayin'!

I called mom and asked her if she could make some hot dogs and mac n cheese that we would just eat when we got home and save the $100.00 it would cost to feed us there.

Now you're talkin!

Got home around 3:30 and the first thing I did was open two beers.

Whoa!

One for me and one for Tim. I didn’t even ask him if he wanted one.

Simmer down there party girl!

This was relaxing time. We ate and just hung out at the pool, drinking beer.

The kids drink pop.

so you think

Grandma even joined us. I told her she might as well put that brand new bathing suit to use and relunctantly she did.

Had a beer herself as well.

She has to have a brand new bathing suit to drink beer in?

Our pool. I loved having this. My kids swam, we made up silly stupid games to play and even though it rained for a spell, we had a great time. I’m glad we came home cause I’m sure this storm might have closed the park. We got out of there w/o having to fight the crowd or traffic.

Sounds like a great day all around. When I talked to you earlier you really sounded all shook up still to me about the break in. Glad it ended on a high note. (beer pun intended)

The day ended with all of us happy and out of beer.

HOLD it, isn't that an oxymoron?
Or an Oxycontin? Oh, that's right, never mind.

Goofy was great! He is my favorite and he wouldn’t let go of Maddy, he kept hugging her and shaking her hand, then I settled to get my picture taken with them. Not me on my best day, but really who cares? Right?

My last chapter mentioned we came home to something pretty crazy, but I was wrong, it happened the next night. So I apologize for misleading you, but I promise, it is funny, unusual, and adds some insight to the night the house was broke into.
great shots of the big Goof and Maddy, thanks for the chapter.

About time!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #203
Rozz
DIS Veteran

Just dropping in to say hello! I'm not posting as much as I'd like but I've been reading bits of reports now and then when I can. My husband had a triple by-pass last month which has thrown our routine off just little to say the least.
His first outing after we got home from the hospital was to Wal-Mart! I just re-read your trip report and was thinking of your mother's shopping spree at Wal-Mart the night of the break-in. Our Wal-Mart is not too crazy but you can usually enjoy some people-watching and see some folks that, well, maybe should've looked in the mirror before leaving the house. Thank goodness my husband had his heart pillow with him so he could hold it to his chest when he laughed!

Can't wait to read the next installment and find out the "funny, unusual" thing that happened "the next night"!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #204
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Oh boy, Mony, how scary was that? I'm glad all turned out.
But I have to say,you and Nebo have the cliff hangers own to a tee
Careful I don't know if I deserve to be put on the bottom tier as Nebo.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
That is so scary! Good thing Mom is a slowpoke at the store. Glad you were vigilant with the alarm, and glad everything was still there when you got back.

DH and I were in a motel last weekend, and as we were heading out to dinner, I noticed that the sounds from outside were louder than normal. I checked the window, and it was unlatched and open about an inch. We hadn't opened it, so I don't know if it was housekeeping or the previous occupants. Like you, our laptops were sitting right out. It creeped me out that someone could have gotten in so easily.
Makes you stop and think doesn't it. I will never be so trusting even when using the alarm. After that I never left anything of value out in the open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Nah, I knew you were alive. I saw your posts on Nebo's thread.
Even those are far apart and few between. Glad you noticed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Ditto
I've made so many of those this week for class, thanks for the reminder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Yes, I saw HER Posts on Nebo's thread too.
Yep, pulling up the zipper on those special pants Buzz gave me last week.
I missed those, are there photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
She's alive!!!!!!

Can't wait for the next update.

Jill in CO
It is up and ready to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Just dropping in to say hello! I'm not posting as much as I'd like but I've been reading bits of reports now and then when I can. My husband had a triple by-pass last month which has thrown our routine off just little to say the least.
His first outing after we got home from the hospital was to Wal-Mart! I just re-read your trip report and was thinking of your mother's shopping spree at Wal-Mart the night of the break-in. Our Wal-Mart is not too crazy but you can usually enjoy some people-watching and see some folks that, well, maybe should've looked in the mirror before leaving the house. Thank goodness my husband had his heart pillow with him so he could hold it to his chest when he laughed!

Can't wait to read the next installment and find out the "funny, unusual" thing that happened "the next night"!
I hope your DH is recovering quickly and feeling better. My mom had open heart a year ago September. Her color after the surgery was the first thing I noticed. I was very surprised how fast she bounced back. It did suck don't get me wrong but she recovered on tylenol.

What is it about wal mart that attracts some of the most interesting outfit choices? Thanks for the read and the re-read too!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #205
monymony3471

Nebo you need to refresh your computer or something, to answer your question I yes I wrote about my fear of heights before from a trip we took in 2003, but I quoted it from my 2006 TR.

That break down you so weirdly copied did have quote boxes from Pkondz's comments to me. Weird how they didn't show up!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #206
smidgy
dimples

monymony, first of all,don't EVER think Nebo makes sense!!!

okey dokey... let's get the smoking thing out of the way.. I smoked for 40 years. now I am a nonsmoker, but I still believe in smoker's rights.. I just mention this because we used to stake out a spot as close as possible to the DSA, and it always amazed me, the people who would get mad at smokers for smoking where they are supposed to be smoking. but you were under no obligation to give up your spot.. true.. just realize that most of the people in that area will be smoking.

now, the chair lift!!!! I NEVER tried it. nope! won't ! refuse!!!

I walked up all those steps... you know what ? half the time, I beat Nebo up there!!! ok, we usually go at slow times, , and sometimes he beat me up there. but!!! I am a fast walker!! (and, I have a point to prove!!... um.. mainly that being a woos is OK) but NO WAY would I get on that CHAIR LIFT OF DEATH!!! and usually, I beat him to the top anyway!!!

now, if Jackson had been with me.. crap.. you know I seem to remember Jackson (who has no fear, at the age of 6) rode up with Todd, his daddy, and once again , poor kimmy (the step mom) had to ride up alone (that poor girl, is the BEST stepmom ever, but I digress)

but I was next to jackson on Soarin' and it made me a nervous wreck... I may have ruined his ride. cause he kept wanting to lean over and look at what was under him, and I kept saying "jackson!!! lean back! look at the screen!" ... but little Mr. inquisitive wanted to see what was going on around him....... DARNED INQUISITIVE KDIS!!

mony.. you teachers need to keep those inquisitive minds in check!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #207
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

DH got hurt on the chair lift when we were there in '06. It doesn't stop when you get to the end, and his foot got turned under and hurt his ankle. He didn't even go to BB on our July '12 trip. I rode the chair lift with an older, Spanish-speaking couple. I had to help the wife off, and she helped her hubby. You gotta stay frosty on that thing.

Mony, I was thinking about you at Mass this morning. The Gospel was about being servant-leaders. I think that is the very definition of a good teacher. Every time someone says, "You teach kindergarten? That must be fun!" I think, "It is, but it's certainly not all fun and games." Are you getting a special ed credential?
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 10-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #208
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
monymony, first of all,don't EVER think Nebo makes sense!!!

okey dokey... let's get the smoking thing out of the way.. I smoked for 40 years. now I am a nonsmoker, but I still believe in smoker's rights.. I just mention this because we used to stake out a spot as close as possible to the DSA, and it always amazed me, the people who would get mad at smokers for smoking where they are supposed to be smoking. but you were under no obligation to give up your spot.. true.. just realize that most of the people in that area will be smoking.
Confession time, I smoked too. For about 20 years. I quite during those times many times and the last time has had me free about 6 years. I turned into one of "those people". I do not like the smell. Maybe because I can't have it or enjoy it anymore. So, the next best things is to hate it. I especially hate it when I am sitting in my car and the person in front of me in their car is smoking and I can smell it. With my windows closed. I will never tell someone they can't smoke. I was just poking fun that I took up one of their spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post

You gotta stay frosty on that thing.

Mony, I was thinking about you at Mass this morning. The Gospel was about being servant-leaders. I think that is the very definition of a good teacher. Every time someone says, "You teach kindergarten? That must be fun!" I think, "It is, but it's certainly not all fun and games." Are you getting a special ed credential?
Frosty? Made me jam out the Stay Frosty song from Van Halen great tune!

That's what the preacher man said, "Stay Frosty now!"

I will be certified K-5 general ed, K-8 Cognitive Impaired, and K-12 Special ed. I am a special education teacher! I seek out those assignments when I sub and hopefully will land a CI self contained room in the future. I hope to Master in Autism. Love working with that population.

We are servant leaders, all of us, stay frosty!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #209
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

I have great admiration for all teachers, but those who can teach in special education really touch my heart. I was just looking at some FB posts from my sister's nephew. He has autism, and as he was growing up, we were all so concerned that he would never be able to live independently. In May, he graduated from SFSU, he has his own apt., works in a supermarket, sings in his church choir, and makes independent films (his degree is in film-making). I know that the dedicated teachers who worked with him, as well as his family, helped him to become the amazing young man he is today.
God bless you in your work.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #210
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just thought I'd let you know that I am working on an update and should have it done later tonight. Hopefully I haven't lost you all!

Edit:
Realized this is a complete non-sequiter. When did page 14 show up?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

Last edited by bankr63; 10-23-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: PEBKAC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: