Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #181
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Hope that's going good for you!

It is! Thanks. Excited for the final phase of my schooling, the teacher said she'd be handing the class over to me soon! Gulp!

No, me Doctor, she nurse, you patient.

Sorry, couldn't resist the Monty Python line.

Tim will get this, but I never watched. Showing my age here.

Ya know.... you scare me a little...

Me? Phssssss.

See? I thought he was in bed with a bad back... while you go diving willy nilly, pell mell into the gutter.

Bad Monica! Bad girl!

I blush, smile, and bat my eyes.

Wait.... I think I like you more, knowing this.

I blush, smile, and bat my eyes.

I like that "Phew, I mean WHAT!?" part.

Okay, I'll give you that one. Too many fuzzy cups is a real possibility.

Exactly

Hmmmm.... I have a sneaking suspicion what this might be. But way to build up the ol' cliffhanger, Monica! Thanks for the update!

Shhhhhhh.......

Hello? Didn't know you swung that way, Nebo.

And yet he hides it so well.
Thanks for still reading, seems I lost a few!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #182
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
It is! Thanks. Excited for the final phase of my schooling, the teacher said she'd be handing the class over to me soon! Gulp!
Ooooh. Good luck!

Quote:
Dunno about that, there's so many TRs right now from our 'group' that it's hard to keep up.... But I'm still here!!!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #183
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm still reading...Just trying to catch up and every page I catch up on, I seem to fall behind 3 I promise to post more often. . Now...What page was I on?

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #184
monymony3471

Thanks guys!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #185
monymony3471

Big apologies from me to you.

Sorry I left my TR hanging. It is so hard adjusting to teaching everyday. I am working with some very needy kids and I never thought their problems could be so mentally draining.

I will try harder to keep this going. Plus I was trying to give enough time to Nebo to explain his injury but never did I think he’d take this much time!

Reader hog!

We left off with me finding out Nebo got hurt and I felt so bad for him. What a way to spend your vacation and now I may not even get to meet him if he doesn’t get better. Now I was wishing I got Z’s RX filled so I could help a poor guy out. Maybe I brought something elsewith me I could share……..

I did in fact go and look at my “medicine bag”. I pack this large case that has everything we could possibly need. I consider it more of an insurance bag. If I don’t have it, we will need it. If I do have it we won’t need it. So I make sure I have everything you can imagine for a kid. I don’t want any unnecessary trips to the Dr. We did have to do that one trip. Once in Rainforest Café, after a day in Animal Kingdom Z blurts out of nowhere, MY EARS HURT REAL BAD I NEED TO GO TO THE DR’S!

First time we visited the Disney clinic where they send you if you need to visit the dr. It’s not a hospital, it is a clinic and right next door they have a pharmacy where you purchase the drugs out of pocket but they have the paper work all filled out for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement. And if you stay on property they will for free shuttle you to and from the clinic. Trust me I know!

I did find something that might help him along and left it out so I wouldn’t forget them when we met up.

We wake up to another HOT sunny Florida 95 degree day and Epcot is on our to do list. How great it is to have a fully working kitchen we make breakfast, coffee, pack up lots of cool drinks and program the GPS to take us to the big white ball!

My mom was not interested in Epcot today and she stayed home and said she’d have a nice dinner for us when we got back, works for me! Yea for having my mom along!

Traditionally our first ride in this park is Spaceship Earth. And so it is again this trip. I ride with Mal the 8 year old, enter our info and about a minute into the ride I realize there’s no sound.

Hello?

No sound. Mal is looking at me disappointed. I am disappointed.

I try my best to inform Mal of what is going on and how communication has changed over time.

The ride really stinks without sound. Majorly.

To top it off our cute faces weren’t even posted on the boards when we walked off the ride. Just a blank screen. So our car was officially broken.

The plan was for me and to get fast passes for Soarin’ while they finished playing with all the interactive thinga-ma-bobs and to meet up at Nemo. We rode it and talked with Crush. Literally. Mal was chosen to ask him a question.

What was her question?

Oh yes.

How many sea turtle eggs are in a nest?

During his spiel Crush informed us he had 64 siblings.

His reply to her questions was, I have, uh, 64 brothers and sisters so, uh, 64 dudette!

It was funnier in person but my baby got her 1 minute of fame and I was proud.

We always say we will walk all the way around the World Showcase but never make it. This day was just too freakin’ HOT. I did spend a wad of money on some frozen drink I read about in France, which I chugged. It was really good despite the brain freeze. It tasted like an orange Popsicle with vanilla ice cream. Smidgy might have brought it up now that I think about it.

We made it to the boat dock and wimped out in America. Boarded the water shuttle and decided to go home for dinner, get mom and come back for Illuminations.

Again I was so happy we could come home, swim, relax and eat and have a few mommy and daddy beverages. Renting this house was really turning into the best decision I ever made.

We cleaned up and headed back to Epcot with my mom in tow. Zack didn’t partake in the family dinner he was saving himself for some fish and chips. He got them and we hung out on a bridge and watched the show.

Did they change Illuminations in the last 2 years? It seemed really short. Maybe I wasn’t feeling it. I read about how many people see it time and time again and love it and its the best thing on earth, blah blah blah.

I walked away thinking that could be the last time I make an effort to watch it.

I am more of a Wishes person.

We make our way to the car and my mom wants a few things from Walmart. Please God in all that is good I do not want to spend any more time in that disaster of a place. What could she possibly need we were just there!

It seems while she was cooking she could have used a few things to make her life easier. A spatula, sugar, and a FEW other things.

Being the good daughter I am, I take my tired family to Walmart so my mom could get a FEW things. I shove my son out of the car and tell him he is going with her to speed her along. She has a reputation for taking a long time to get a FEW things.

Turns out she needed more than just a FEW things and 45 minutes later came back to the car with 7 bags. Zack was not happy and demanded he never be volunteered to do grandma duty again.

Let’s see, Wishes ended at 9:15pm and by the time we got to the car and the store it was 9:45pm. It is now 10:30 and we are heading home. Yawn.

I am officially tired, my kids just want to go home and get into their beds so we are well rested for tomorrow and Hollywood studios. They tried Tower of Terror for the first time last trip and can’t wait to do it again.

I pull into the sub and there is a police car blocking the driveway. I wait a few seconds for him to see me to move so I can pull in and he doesn’t. Do I beep at him? Is that proper? I’m conflicted.

I roll down the window and ever so nicely ask him to please move so I can pull in the driveway. He looks at me and asks if this is our house.

I am now getting nervous and tell him shyly yes and he says: I need to speak with you please park the car.

I do and I can't understand why the police want to speak with us.

The house looks fine.

Is this a scam? Did I rent someone's real house?

Did they finally find me from 2008 when I blew the toll booth and didn’t pay because we didn’t have the right change?

Are my kids gonna see their mom get frisked?

He told me that someone broke into the house.

Wait, what?

I froze cause I know how the house was left. My laptop on the table, my kindle on the counter, the kids DS’s in the living room, the Disney gift cards in our room, the medication I left out! I know the cash was in the safe hope Tim remembered to lock it, and so on…………………………all going through my head.

The officer asked if I could disarm the alarm so we could go in and take a look.

He said a bunch of other stuff to me but it wasn’t making any sense.

I told the kids to stay in the car and lock it.

Tim and I and the police officer went in the house and to my surprise everything was looking like I remembered. I wasn’t seeing anything missing.

I walked through the house and it appeared to be ok. By this time the kids came into the house.

How could there be a break in? Nothing was taken. Even the stuff that wasn’t ours, like the flat screens, radios, etc were all fine.

It seems that most vacation home renters don’t use the house alarms. Theives in Florida pray on rental homes. They either don’t know how or don’t bother to read how to use the alarms. The intruder found a window that was unlocked. They tried to get in but once they broke the plane the alarm went off. It scared them away. They got nothing. Suckas!

I wasn’t convinced at this point that we were safe and made the police stay until I looked under every piece of furniture to make sure they weren’t in the house. He tried tellig me he already did this, but I wasn't having it. HOw did you get in to search the front door was locked.

He said he came in the open window.

What open window? He showed me. It was our bedroom window.

I didn't like that.

Once I felt ok, I let them go.

The management company showed up a few minutes later to check on us, I guess the police had called them earlier.

They asked us if we wanted to change houses if we didn’t feel safe staying there. This never happened to any of their renters before and we decided to stay. Alarm seems to work great!

We never opened any window with the air on and it being so crazy hot there was no need. The mgt company said they check all windows and doors between occupants, so I don’t know how the window got unlocked.

It was way late by the time this was over and the girls didn’t want to sleep alone in their room so for the night one boy gave up their bed to sleep in the same room with one girl. Gwarsh! I love those kids.

It took me awhile to settle down so many what if’s going through my head. Plus now I was putting things out of sight so not to entice any other thieves that might be lurking in the neighborhood. And I was kind of thankful that my mom had to spend 45 minutes in Wal-Mart that evening cause who knows what we could have walked in on.

The one image I couldn’t shake was the man I saw walking in the sub the day we got here. Not only I saw him walking by the car but so did Tim. Strange the same man would walk by the car twice in a short period of time in this subdivision. Was he checking out what we had, casing the house, stealing fruit?

I was so thankful for the alarm and that we used it. I can’t imagine what would have happened to our vacation otherwise. It changed my mood big time and every time there after we pulled up to the house I was expecting to find it ransacked.

What is really crazy is what we found the next day pulling into the sub after coming back from the park.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #186
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Oh boy, Mony, how scary was that? I'm glad all turned out.
But I have to say,you and Nebo have the cliff hangers own to a tee
Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #187
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

That is so scary! Good thing Mom is a slowpoke at the store. Glad you were vigilant with the alarm, and glad everything was still there when you got back.

DH and I were in a motel last weekend, and as we were heading out to dinner, I noticed that the sounds from outside were louder than normal. I checked the window, and it was unlatched and open about an inch. We hadn't opened it, so I don't know if it was housekeeping or the previous occupants. Like you, our laptops were sitting right out. It creeped me out that someone could have gotten in so easily.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #188
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
. And if you stay on property they will for free shuttle you to and from the clinic. Trust me I know!

now that's good to know.. Nebo said he was worried about driving to the clinic(at least that was his excuse)

Traditionally our first ride in this park is Spaceship Earth. And so it is again this trip. I ride with Mal the 8 year old, enter our info and about a minute into the ride I realize there’s no sound.

Hello?

No sound. Mal is looking at me disappointed. I am disappointed.

I try my best to inform Mal of what is going on and how communication has changed over time.

The ride really stinks without sound. Majorly.

To top it off our cute faces weren’t even posted on the boards when we walked off the ride. Just a blank screen. So our car was officially broken.
this happened to us once on test track. we told the Cm at the end and they took us through and got us right to almost the front of the line
I did spend a wad of money on some frozen drink I read about in France, which I chugged. It was really good despite the brain freeze. It tasted like an orange Popsicle with vanilla ice cream. Smidgy might have brought it up now that I think about it.
a Grey Goose Slushie? man, I STILL haven't had one!!!

We cleaned up and headed back to Epcot with my mom in tow. Zack didn’t partake in the family dinner he was saving himself for some fish and chips. He got them and we hung out on a bridge and watched the show.
how in the world did you manage to let one kid buy dinner at the park without all the others chiming in, "no fair!" "I want this!" "I want that!"

Did they change Illuminations in the last 2 years? It seemed really short. Maybe I wasn’t feeling it. I read about how many people see it time and time again and love it and its the best thing on earth, blah blah blah.
thou dost blaspheme
I walked away thinking that could be the last time I make an effort to watch it.

I am more of a Wishes person.

Turns out she needed more than just a FEW things and 45 minutes later came back to the car with 7 bags. Zack was not happy and demanded he never be volunteered to do grandma duty again.
holy cow! 7 bags!!!

Let’s see, Wishes ended at 9:15pm and by the time we got to the car and the store it was 9:45pm. It is now 10:30 and we are heading home. Yawn.

wow, you really did "wish" you were at widshes!
I am officially tired, my kids just want to go home and get into their beds so we are well rested for tomorrow and Hollywood studios. They tried Tower of Terror for the first time last trip and can’t wait to do it again.

I pull into the sub and there is a police car blocking the driveway. I wait a few seconds for him to see me to move so I can pull in and he doesn’t. Do I beep at him? Is that proper? I’m conflicted.

I roll down the window and ever so nicely ask him to please move so I can pull in the driveway. He looks at me and asks if this is our house.

I am now getting nervous and tell him shyly yes and he says: I need to speak with you please park the car.

The house looks fine.

Is this a scam? Did I rent someone's real house?

Did they finally find me from 2008 when I blew the toll booth and didn’t pay because we didn’t have the right change?

on no! really? what happend next ;this is going to be good (my best Dory impersonation) ok even though I already heard the story, it's still very frightening.. unsettling.

What is really crazy is what we found the next day pulling into the sub after coming back from the park.
ok, now I really am wondering what you are talking about..

I can't remember!!! good, now I can wait on pins and needles with everyone else!!!

Last edited by smidgy; 09-30-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #189
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Big apologies from me to you.
That's okay. I won't tell if you won't.

Uh... what are you apologizing for again?

Quote:
Sorry I left my TR hanging.
Oh! That. No problem. People have lives. I get it.

Quote:
It is so hard adjusting to teaching everyday. I am working with some very needy kids and I never thought their problems could be so mentally draining.

Quote:
Plus I was trying to give enough time to Nebo to explain his injury but never did I think he’d take this much time!

Reader hog!

Quote:
I pack this large case that has everything we could possibly need. I consider it more of an insurance bag. If I don’t have it, we will need it. If I do have it we won’t need it. So I make sure I have everything you can imagine for a kid.
Good plan. And if anybody's gonna catch something... it'll be one of the kids.

It's a rule.

Quote:
Once in Rainforest Café, after a day in Animal Kingdom Z blurts out of nowhere, MY EARS HURT REAL BAD I NEED TO GO TO THE DR’S!
Which is immediately followed by that sinking feeling in your gut.

Quote:
First time we visited the Disney clinic where they send you if you need to visit the dr. It’s not a hospital, it is a clinic and right next door they have a pharmacy
What? Wait a second... I was lead to believe (on somebody else's TR... who shall remain nameless) that the only option was the ER? Or possibly a lifeguard.

Maybe that person got hit on the head.. or something.

Quote:
And if you stay on property they will for free shuttle you to and from the clinic. Trust me I know!
Okay! Okay! I believe you!

Quote:
How great it is to have a fully working kitchen we make breakfast, coffee, pack up lots of cool drinks and program the GPS to take us to the big white ball!
Ooh. A ball! And it’s white tie only? So cool, but wasn’t it hot wearing all that and dancing when it’s 95 out?

Quote:
My mom was not interested in Epcot today
Not… Interested… in Epcot…

Quote:
and she stayed home and said she’d have a nice dinner for us when we got back, works for me! Yea for having my mom along!
Well, it worked out well for you, but if someone had said to me, “pkondz, you stay here and cook us dinner while we go to Epcot.” I would’ve hit ‘em over the head with a frying pan!

Quote:

Yuck. Too bad.

Quote:
We rode it and talked with Crush. Literally. Mal was chosen to ask him a question.
Hey! That’s great!

Quote:
How many sea turtle eggs are in a nest?

During his spiel Crush informed us he had 64 siblings.

His reply to her questions was, I have, uh, 64 brothers and sisters so, uh, 64 dudette!

Quote:
I did spend a wad of money on some frozen drink I read about in France, which I chugged. It was really good despite the brain freeze. It tasted like an orange Popsicle with vanilla ice cream. Smidgy might have brought it up now that I think about it.
Had to be a Grand Marnier Slush.

Quote:
While we enjoyed Illuminations… it was a bit of a letdown. It was hyped too much and didn’t live up to my expectations. I too much prefer Wishes.

Quote:
We make our way to the car and my mom wants a few things from Walmart. Please God in all that is good I do not want to spend any more time in that disaster of a place.
I hear ya. I’m at Disney… on vacation for Pete’s sake! I don’t want to go shopping at Walmart!!!

Quote:
Being the good daughter I am, I take my tired family to Walmart so my mom could get a FEW things. I shove my son out of the car and tell him he is going with her to speed her along.
That kills me. “Being the good daughter… I shove my son out…”

Good daughter, yes. Good mother? Not so much.

Quote:
45 minutes later came back to the car with 7 bags.
45 minutes…
7 bags…
And you had the car running probably to have air conditioning…

Quote:
Zack was not happy and demanded he never be volunteered to do grandma duty again.
That’s a bright boy ya got there.

Quote:
Let’s see, Wishes ended at 9:15pm and by the time we got to the car and the store it was 9:45pm.
Just out of curiosity, what time did Illuminations end?

What?

Quote:
You are tired! Instead of wondering, “What’s a cop car doing blocking the driveway?” you just want him to move so you can get to bed.

Quote:

Oh, boy. You must’ve been a bundle of nerves right about now.

Quote:
Well… upside. Was he good looking? :

Quote:

Quote:
I froze cause I know how the house was left. My laptop on the table, my kindle on the counter, the kids DS’s in the living room, the Disney gift cards in our room, the medication I left out! I know the cash was in the safe hope Tim remembered to lock it, and so on…………………………all going through my head.
Wow. Thank goodness it didn’t all get taken… but I’m sure panic was setting in big time!

Quote:
The officer asked if I could disarm the alarm so we could go in and take a look.
So was the alarm sounding all this time?

Quote:
Tim and I and the police officer went in the house and to my surprise everything was looking like I remembered. I wasn’t seeing anything missing.

I walked through the house and it appeared to be ok. By this time the kids came into the house.

How could there be a break in? Nothing was taken. Even the stuff that wasn’t ours, like the flat screens, radios, etc were all fine.
You must’ve thought it was a false alarm by this point.

Quote:
It seems that most vacation home renters don’t use the house alarms. Theives in Florida pray on rental homes. They either don’t know how or don’t bother to read how to use the alarms.
And I bet if anything does get stolen and the alarm was off, they would be liable.

Quote:
They tried to get in but once they broke the plane the alarm went off.
The plane then entered into a steep dive and crashed into the Florida everglades where the would be burglars were promptly eaten by hungry alligators.

See? A happy ending.

Quote:
HOw did you get in to search the front door was locked.

He said he came in the open window.
Yeah, right. I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Quote:
The management company showed up a few minutes later to check on us, I guess the police had called them earlier.

They asked us if we wanted to change houses if we didn’t feel safe staying there. This never happened to any of their renters before and we decided to stay.
That was pretty good of them. I’m impressed.

Quote:
It was way late by the time this was over and the girls didn’t want to sleep alone in their room so for the night one boy gave up their bed to sleep in the same room with one girl. Gwarsh! I love those kids.
Nice.

Quote:
It took me awhile to settle down so many what if’s going through my head.
I can imagine. Did you get any sleep that night?

Quote:
The one image I couldn’t shake was the man I saw walking in the sub the day we got here. Not only I saw him walking by the car but so did Tim. Strange the same man would walk by the car twice in a short period of time in this subdivision. Was he checking out what we had, casing the house, stealing fruit?
Could be.

Quote:
It changed my mood big time and every time there after we pulled up to the house I was expecting to find it ransacked.
That’s too bad.

Quote:
Now I’m really curious to see what that is. Thanks for the chapter! :

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #190
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Looks like somebody is a tad overwhelmed with the start of school and a brand new career. I'm sure that give a bit of time, you will fit in just fine Like Mr. Holland's anus or something like that.
Curious though, is it just that particular Wallmart that you hate or all of them, we have yet to go into any down there.
Well, congrats to your Tigers, but especially to Cabrera, I can't believe how little accolades he got winnning the triple crown, that's something that's TEN times harder to do than even pitching a perfect game.
This from a guy who once told a cop a couple years ago who pulled him over for drunk driving, "Oh go ahead and shoot me."
Wish he would have taken him up on that offer.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #191
monymony3471

I hate shopping period.

Walmarts by us are fine, you have your few crazies but what store doesn't?

The ones and there were two, that were by the rental were a mad house. I felt the whole park of people followed us over.

Lines 15-20 deep all the way down the cashier lines.

While my mom waited in the standby line the first trip to Walmart at the deli, I completed shopping for the week throughout the grocery department.

The don't fast pass at Walmart!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #192
monymony3471

Oh I'll be at tomorrow nights game just beyond right fields yellow foul line post. Lower level. Look for me!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #193
monymony3471

Just thought I'd let you know that I am working on an update and should have it done later tonight. Hopefully I haven't lost you all!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #194
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
Just thought I'd let you know that I am working on an update and should have it done later tonight. Hopefully I haven't lost you all!
Nah, I knew you were alive. I saw your posts on Nebo's thread.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #195
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Nah, I knew you were alive. I saw your posts on Nebo's thread.
Ditto

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: