Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #151
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Monica, as you can see, Ponzi will try to intimidate you by making fun of any typos you have. I wouldn't worry about it, really, it's all he has, that's why I throw in some extra for him to play with, and even then I have to literally "lead" him write to them.
I'm sorry now that I said he sounded normal.
Buzz, he didn't sound normal, I was just trying to make him feel good. Really.

And compared to him, you sound very, um, yes, very, ,,,Different, yeah, that's it, different.

Wow, only I can lose readers posting on somebody else's thread!
Aren't you the sweetest thing trying to look out after me.

You of all peole should know that I can take care of things.

That little bump didn't make you go soft did it?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #152
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
That little bump didn't make you go soft did it?
Nah, it didn't make him... he's always been a little soft in the head.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #153
Rozz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Ummm... how shall I put this. What you just described... "whooshing sound", 'sucked right in"...

Totally missed the connection! Thank you so much for pointing that out to me. I would never have figured out why Monica took offense. Sorry Monica! I was trying to express how strongly your trip report drew my interest. Now I have to live with the ignominy of being flagged by ponzi!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #154
monymony3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I could not resist your trip report! I swore to myself I would not add another trip report to the ones I'm already trying to keep up with but I heard this big whooshing sound, felt a strong tug, and got sucked right in!

Just waiting to find out what happened to that fruit!
I must have missed this post, so sorry! Whoosing sound, hmmmmm, this reminds me of something and it's on the tip of my brain and give me a post or two, it might come to me........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Totally missed the connection! Thank you so much for pointing that out to me. I would never have figured out why Monica took offense. Sorry Monica! I was trying to express how strongly your trip report drew my interest. Now I have to live with the ignominy of being flagged by ponzi!
What, now I'm confused, I don't take offense to much, did I post something and forget about it???????? Let me go look.......

Oh I did read that and forgot to post that swooshing is only our toilet over here you hear. I used to run a day care in my home and we were in need of a new toilet, the tank cracked. Tim went out on a Thanksgiving holiday and purchased this toilet like 12 years ago that now you see everywhere that make that sudden explosion when you flush, and if you are still sitting down you get air vacuumed right on to the lid. The salesman said a whole roll of toilet paper would go down it. I had a bunch of little mischievous kids at the time, it really was a no brainer, never had a plugged toilet since.

Rozz thank you for reading and posting! I welcome you with open arms!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #155
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Ok all caught up!

When we drive from CT to FL we eat breakfast at Crackle Barrel too!, it's the one right over the GA/FL line.

The house looks great! I cannot believe someone stole your fruit.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #156
monymony3471

It's not so much the fruit, the bag was from 31 and a thermal tote and very well decorated. These bags are a huge thing over here and you get them through independent sellers at home parties. That had me more ticked off than missing fruit.

Plus my mom is forgetful as you will find out.

Hi Laura!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #157
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Monica they're popular over on the east coast too. I would have been pissed!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #158
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
It's not so much the fruit, the bag was from 31 and a thermal tote and very well decorated. These bags are a huge thing over here and you get them through independent sellers at home parties. That had me more ticked off than missing fruit.

Plus my mom is forgetful as you will find out.

Hi Laura!
I do not know what 31 is ---?

Gotta love Mom !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #159
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Count me in for the clueless about 31
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #160
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Count me in for the clueless about 31
me, too! (but then again, I still use plastic bags)
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #161
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
me, too! (but then again, I still use plastic bags)

Nothing wrong with plastic bags, cheap and useful
Old 08-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #162
monymony3471

thirty-one link

I am not a seller of these items, but this is just a link to see what I am talking about if you are curious. My mom's bag was similar to item G.

Being a teacher (soon) I love their totes. Very practical for my files, and other stuff I have to cart around. Being a mom I love the large expandable totes for all the stuff my girls seem to gather and pick up and collect, etc.

I hosted a party and got some great deals on these totes.

Hope to get an update on later today, almost done, and after that comes the

cliff hanger of epic porportions!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #163
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I hosted a party and got some great deals on these totes.
Oh yeah! I've seen those around. Now I can point and say to my DW, "Those are from 31" and look smart.

Well maybe not the smart part.

Quote:
Hope to get an update on later today, almost done, and after that comes the

cliff hanger of epic porportions!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 08-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #164
monymony3471

My mom rented herself a scooter for this trip and I got it from an outside renter that delivers to where ever you are and will come to the parks to fix an issue or give you a working one. It breaks down into 5 pieces in 5 seconds and easily transportable. She had triple bypass last September and the following march one of her by pass veins collapsed and she had to have a previous collapsed vein ballooned or re-opened if you will. She is 69 and despite her other health issues, she is pretty spry but wants to be cautious on this trip and not over do it. I can accept that and so I granted her wish and got her a scooter. Oh boy!

We wake up to our first day in the parks!

Magic Kingdom it is!

This is my absolute favorite park and I like to start our trips with this park. And the crowd calendar said to visit this park today! Bonus!

The only plan is to have fun doing what we love!

We set the GPS to take us to MK Park because we are not familiar yet with navigation around the outskirts of Disney and once we are on property I shut her off. Veer left, stay right turn here turn there, blah blah blah!

I love driving under the sign and we get all antsy once again. It doesn’t matter how many times you have driven under this sign, but the first time each trip is reason enough to hoot and holler and get all goosy bumpy and honk your horn all crazy.

And we did.

Only to realize we are only at the TCC and we still have to a few business things to take care of.

Mom testing out her new wheels!

Skipping to the TCC ticket booths

We are adding water parks and more to our tickets so we can have twice as much fun on our trip.

Plus we had to get the birthday buttons for the birthday princess and prince, er the teenager. Yes, half of our kids were having a real birthday while on this vacation.

How fantastic is it to wake up, as a kid, on your birthday and be at WDW. All four of them have now officially celebrated a birthday while at WDW. Wow, are they spoiled!!!!

With mom leading the way we dance up the ramp

and the CMs lead us to the handicapped loaders line for the monorail and they lead us right on a train. In fact we are the only ones put on this train and we watch all the other people standing in their line as we pull away.

That was just odd to me. Not that there were a ton of people in line but certainly enough to get on and fill up a train comfortably......huummm?

We pull through the contemporary and it didn’t even stop.

Another weird occurrence. Wheels start turning in my head cause this ain't right.

Maybe we are being specially chosen by Disney for something? For about ½ a second I wanted to believe that but my daughter’s squeal of seeing the castle brought me back to reality. Dang how nice would have that been though?

The train stopped we got off and had no crowd to fight to get to the park.

Baggage check was painless, tickets worked, and we were in!

As usual we head to Tomorrow Land and it is so unpopulated. Boy am I glad I chose not to do the EMH parks, this is working out to our favor and we walked on the Monsters, Buzz, Carousel, Space Mt., TTA-but when don’t you walk on that? And it stayed this way until lunch time.

Upon walking on to Buzz there were EMT’s working on someone all laid out on a stretcher. My first thoughts were: OMG is that NEBO?

Seriously, I stopped and looked at the person for like 2.3 seconds so not to be too obvious and from what I can tell from the oxygen mask and EMT stuff all over, I couldn’t tell. Then I saw blonde curly hair sticking out from under the mask and nope it wasn’t him. But man! How scary that something like that CAN happen to someone while on vacation in Disney. Ahem.

My favorite ride in the park!

Yes I am that good! But acquired such high esteem on our last trip. I only got 470,000 this trip. I think they tweaked the ride a bit, just saying.

I loved all the attention the birthday kids were getting and Maddy’s eyes upon seeing the castle made me cry.
Maddy is on her “first” trip to Disney. First for her because she doesn’t remember the other two.

Look how she has changed!

I was mistaken, this is her fourth trip. I am losing count, we are all spoiled!

She couldn’t wait to get a Mickey bar and while the guys and Mal rode Space Mt., I obliged and got her one. She LOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD it!

Before

After

Her one big request was to ride the new and improved Dumbo that I have yet to experience. She pulled her daddy’s hand so quick when we got there they disappeared, literally, and I waited with my mom.

And waited……..

And waited some more……..

Until I got a picture text from Tim of them inside this awesome indoor playground.

Did I mention it was like 100 degrees out today? I didn’t? Well it was. Sweaty HOT! While I waited 45 minutes outside melting, they were in a nice air-conditioned Disney version of Chuck E. Cheese with a restaurant style buzzer to let you know when it was your turn to ride.

NICEEEE!

So I am left to stand and people watch.

I noticed this nice sweet couple, older in their years, just the two of them. They were from India I am guessing based on how they were dressed and other dead giveaways and they were strolling along. When I see couples like this I get all warm and fuzzy inside. One day I want to stroll with Tim hand in hand without the kids through Disney.

Man I want to do that NOW! Forget old age!

My attention was diverted because I was looking for my family to see if they were on the ride and I notice this same couple getting on one of the Dumbo cars.

What???? Hang on! Sweet just flew out the window!

How can that be? I have been waiting 45 minutes for my family to ride and in a minute’s time they are on?

Well the CM noticed this too; they had two people walking around who couldn’t find an available car. Disney does do this right. They hand every group of riders a card to give back to the CM once they get in their car. This nice sweet innocent couple didn’t have a card. They walked in from the exit gate thinking they could just get on the ride.

Sneaky is more like it.

It took several minutes for them to understand they couldn’t ride the ride (or that is what they lead on) and the lady kept doing something with her hands that made me think she was insistent to ride it or maybe the language barrier was an issue?

(perhaps)

Eventually they got off so the mom and her kid could get on and what did they do?

Did they get in line like everyone else?

No, they walked away.

I think they have a pretty unique touring plan if you ask me. I wonder how often it works for them.

We ate lunch at the Village Hause (I hope this is spelled right and or even the right name, but I’m not checking, its across from Philharmagic and the mess that they call stroller and wheelchair parking) which was a mad house. Where did all the people come from up until now it was tame. Mix people with food and you have chaos.

From here we managed to do our favorites, Haunter Mansion, Pirates, Peter Pan, Presidents, Big Thunder, and last but not least, Splash.

Maddy had it in her mind that she was not riding Splash Mountain. I have no idea why it’s my (second) favorite ride there! I do know she doesn’t like big dips.

Ahem, and being the good mom that I am we called Pirates the boat ride and she loved it so when we referred to Splash we called it the boat ride too and when she saw the boats on Splash she wouldn’t think anything of it.

I am so brilliant!

I really wanted her to see all of the theme(ing) on this ride and the songs we sing at home and know where this comes from. I knew that after riding this ride she wouldn’t be a huge fan, but I wanted her to make that decision based on experience. Not fear.

Ha!

We got on the boat and in 4 seconds she looks at me and says, “Is this Splash Mountain?”

Smarty pants!

She did love it except for the last drop. I asked her if she would ride it in a few years when she was bigger and she said yes. That was after I calmed down her hysterical crying.

Well maybe it wasn’t hysterical, more like I just saw a ghost in the middle of the night type crying.

But guess what, she now sings the songs from the ride and FEELS it like we do.

Hive five girlfriend!

What we really wanted to do is go back home, get out of the heat and enjoy this pool that came along with the home we rented, resort fee free (Nebo reference Satan’s Hammer).

So, we left the heat and the crowds and headed home. My phone had died using the park apps and when I plugged it in I saw I missed several calls from Nebo. Wow, several?

Oh! He even left me a message! This made me giddy and happy so I called my voicemail to retrieve his message and after listening to it I do believe I turned pale and screamed OMG! Pray for Nebo everyone NOW!!!!!

I never got a message like that before and was almost in a panic. I even considered driving over to POP to find him and Smidgy. Was he even in the area anymore!!!!!!!????????

This was the message of all messages.

I call it:

The Message of Epic Cliffhanger Proportions!

(How was that Nebo, did I build you up like you wanted? Heh)
Oh, I'll email you my address for the ah, payment later on.

Up next the translated phone message, for reals!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #165
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
This was the message of all messages.

I call it:

The Message of Epic Cliffhanger Proportions!

(How was that Nebo, did I build you up like you wanted? Heh)
Oh, I'll email you my address for the ah, payment later on.

Up next the translated phone message, for reals!
Talk about a hint to get writing, Nebo.

I would love to trick my DD17 into riding Splash Mountain, but she is way too tricky for that. I used up my mom mojo on BTMR when she was 5. She won't ride that one either, still. What's a mom to do? The rides are fun, doggoneit, and you are here to have fun.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: