Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #241
kkfinley
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvscrappin View Post
Ok I am going to join in on this fun...

We are Me, DH, DD (24) and her BF, DD (21) and DS (17)

We will be staying at POR in a Royal Suite (2 rooms) from August 5-9 with DDP and we bought Photo Pass Plus (really excited about that!)

Aug 4 (staying offisite) day at BB
Aug 5 DHS then ADR at Ohana and on to MK
Aug 6 EP with ADR at LeCellier and then to DHS
Aug 7 AK with ADR at Tusker House and then to EP
Aug 8 OFF day with ADR @ Fulton's Crab House
Aug 9 MK all day with ADR @ CP for breakfast and LTT for dinner
We will be at Epcot on Aug 6 for RD and MK on Aug 9 for AM EMH. Maybe we will see you there!!

kkfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #242
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

All Park and Resort Lists are updated!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #243
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

I put in my Facebook request

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
Stan, I have a feeling I meet you and your daughter last year in MK by the dole whips for a July dismeet. I;m just putting the pieces together now..
Sorry couldn't have been us we went the last week of AUG last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
. I think it is worth it just for the space- and I totally want to stay in the Treehouse Villas at some point!
The treehouse Villas would be my dream stay.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #244
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post
How many are usually on a share? I may be interested in this...checking out the group you linked now...
It depends - all up to the share leader. As few as 2-3 and as many as 10 sometimes. It won't really make much of a difference to you - except that everyone in your share can see your photos and vice versa. Many leaders take the extra effort to manually sort through the pics and split up the photos by family so when you get your CD, only your family's pics will be on it. That's what I will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisalyssa View Post
I'm interested in joining a photopass + share too - can anyone tell me more about it or what makes this new + so much more challenging?
Photopass+ shares are hard because you HAVE to take all pics within a 14 day window. On top of that, you are only given ONE master card which must be presented at meals and rides for your +pics to be added. So if you have a share, you must coordinate with the other members to pass the card around based on your itineraries and who needs the card on which day. When you have people in different parks and different resorts at different times, arranging the card hand-off at the right times is difficult.

It is made slightly easier that WDW officially allows you to return to the attraction within 48 hours with your ride numbers to add your photos to the card. Also, reports are that if you take a cellphone pic of your master card, you will be allowed to use that in place of the physical card. Because this info is new and not verified by enough people, I am reluctant to trust in it and have prepared to not be allowed to do it.

On the good side, Photopass+ shares can be done in conjunction with a regular photopass share. In my group, I have folks only doing a regular photopass (at which point a 4-6 week window is manageable) as well as those doing the photopass+ upgrade.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer

If you want to join a share, do it through the FB group as Photopass shares are not allowed on the Dis.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #245
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
The treehouse Villas would be my dream stay.
oooooo....I've checked out pics and trip reports. They look amazing! Those AKL villas don't look too shabby either...
Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #246
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

While we are on the subject of photopasses I have a few questions.

You can do the photopass thing but then decide not to get any of your photos right?
Also it says you can view and 'share' your photos for free, so you can put them on facebook right? or am I reading that wrong?

If the above are true I may do both my camera and the photopass thing then just share all the pics I like and then if I really like one or two get a print of those (i can always scan them later), but if I share them on facebook that's good enough for me.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #247
sweetcanadian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjhjb View Post
Seriously, sweetcanadian - our trips are very similar for the first few days!!

We're staying at Poly, but 8/20 is our DHS day, and 8/21 is our EP day! But our ADR is at Mama Melrose in DHS, and we're going to the Spirit of Aloha Luau on EP day.
awww darn! would have been nice to meet someone.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #248
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
While we are on the subject of photopasses I have a few questions.

You can do the photopass thing but then decide not to get any of your photos right?
Also it says you can view and 'share' your photos for free, so you can put them on facebook right? or am I reading that wrong?

If the above are true I may do both my camera and the photopass thing then just share all the pics I like and then if I really like one or two get a print of those (i can always scan them later), but if I share them on facebook that's good enough for me.
I know even if you pre-order the regular photopass, there is a long window of time to cancel for a full refund...even after you have taken the pics. (No refunds if you pre-order Photopass+ though)

As for your "sharing" on FB suggestion...that could well work. It's new and honestly I didn't research it much other than take vague note of it as I wanted the CD - I use it for making photobooks of our trip.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #249
m2zjj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Thanks! I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar View Post
I'll join once it is private. Not only to avoid the FB stalker bar but because we're surprising my Mom when we go down there (she lives in Orlando)
I did change the privacy settings to closed. Now only members of the group can see the posts.

Glad to see people making their way over to the facebook group but as chatty as we are I'll probably run my phone battery dead before 2pm every day checking all the notifications.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #250
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

My name didn't make it on the POR roster on page one. We're there from
8/25-9/1. :-)

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #251
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2zjj View Post
Thanks! I love it.

I did change the privacy settings to closed. Now only members of the group can see the posts.

Glad to see people making their way over to the facebook group but as chatty as we are I'll probably run my phone battery dead before 2pm every day checking all the notifications.
I'm glad I have something to keep my entertained while I'm home all weekend instead of going down the shore.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #252
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

I sent my FB request!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #253
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

29 days until we leave!!!!!!!

now of to work on this beautiful Saturday to earn more spending money!!!

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #254
jm106
DIS Veteran

I'm no longer on the resorts list, if you have a minute could you add me? Thanks
All Stars Music 8/3-8/5
AKL 8/5-8/11

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #255
Megs114
Mouseketeer

I'm not on it either. We will be at All Star Sports from 8/9-8/16
11/98- 1st trip with family, Off Site , 12/00- Contemporary with family, Christmas Trip 5/03- All-Star Sports, Senior Trip 12/04- Off Site with family, Christmas Trip 1/06- 1st trip with DH, Off Site 8/07- 2nd trip with DH, Family Condo 4/08-3rd trip with DH and family, Family Condo 8/08- 4th trip with DH, Family Condo 6/09- All-Star Sports, 5th trip with DH and Family, Engagement! 8/12- All-Star Sports, 6th trip with DH, 1st Anniversary!
, 8/2013, 7th trip with DH, 2nd Anniversary :

Check out our PTR for August 2013!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post49125373
Megs114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: