Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #226
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Jumping in.....late
We will be at the Dolphin the 21st to the 25th. Wanted to try a Boardwalk resort without blowing the vacation budget, so the Dolphin it is . We move over to POR from the 25th to Sept. 4th.( Free dining is my siren call) Trying to find my dining ressies book. Will post when I do. Please add us to the list, THANKS
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #227
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom View Post
Jumping in.....late
We will be at the Dolphin the 21st to the 25th. Wanted to try a Boardwalk resort without blowing the vacation budget, so the Dolphin it is . We move over to POR from the 25th to Sept. 4th.( Free dining is my siren call) Trying to find my dining ressies book. Will post when I do. Please add us to the list, THANKS
The Dolphin (aka the Fish) is such a beautiful resort. I loved touring it. I hope you have a great stay!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #228
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
Who is doing photo pass? I was considering a share on another board but I am apprehensive about sending my money to a stranger and them having control of my photos online. I have a great camera and CM have taken some great pics with it so I hesitate to spend the $. Last time we had 8-10 pics on photo pass cards. Iseem to never see PP CM and I have never seen in any trip thise special magic shots. I think many of them I have seen of other families are not great anyway.
The best spot these days to find a share is on FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/78167743594/ . That`s what I use to organize my share.

It takes a bit of trust - so feel out potential leaders. Talk and ask lots of questions. I had a fabulous experience in my last share and ended up spending half my trip with my leader because we really hit it off. I do always consider worst case scenarios just to determine if I`m willing to accpt the level of risk. When I first decided to try a share, I was nervous but at the end I figured the worst that could happen was I would be out $30. I wouldn`t have paid the crazy photo prices anyway.

When you have a card, you`ll magically see PP CM`s everywhere. For magic shots, you should ask for them. Some will say no, some will say yes. Not all are trained to do them. Also, if a photographer has a tripod, chances are - they CANNOT take magic shots. So we hunt down those without tripods.

I just love PP because you can now tell I`m part of the vacation too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Oh could you add me to the resort list? We'll be at POP from 8/25-8/30
Thanks!
Can`t believe I didn`t even think of that - esp since I know your resort dates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
I'm trying to get together a group together on the FB group, but so far no luck.
Lauren, I was worried in the beginning too. Photopass+ shares are really hard though - dates and itineraries really have to match up. And be prepared to spend some time working out logistics. Frankly, it`s challenging and quite time-consuming unlike the relative ease of a regular PP share. Still, I`m thrilled I managed to work it out for my share
Old 07-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #229
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaLady View Post
Could you please add me to the resort list? I'll be at POR aug25-sept1. Still hoping for ASMu Aug23-25 but haven't booked yet...sooo have to make a decision about that!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I booked our days and got the discounted rates- very reasonable! So I say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post

DVC is definitely worth it if you go to WDW once a year or more.
I think we could swing that! haha! But even if we banked our points and went every other year, I would be okay with that. I think it is worth it just for the space- and I totally want to stay in the Treehouse Villas at some point!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #230
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

After about 2.5 HOURS, I finally caught up with all the updates to the Park Days and Resort Lists from JUST THE LAST 24 HOURS!!!!

woooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Some of you are practically on the same itinerary - it`s really neat!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #231
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
The best spot these days to find a share is on FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/78167743594/ . That`s what I use to organize my share.

It takes a bit of trust - so feel out potential leaders. Talk and ask lots of questions. I had a fabulous experience in my last share and ended up spending half my trip with my leader because we really hit it off. I do always consider worst case scenarios just to determine if I`m willing to accpt the level of risk. When I first decided to try a share, I was nervous but at the end I figured the worst that could happen was I would be out $30. I wouldn`t have paid the crazy photo prices anyway.

When you have a card, you`ll magically see PP CM`s everywhere. For magic shots, you should ask for them. Some will say no, some will say yes. Not all are trained to do them. Also, if a photographer has a tripod, chances are - they CANNOT take magic shots. So we hunt down those without tripods.

How many are usually on a share? I may be interested in this...checking out the group you linked now...

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #232
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj

Lauren, I was worried in the beginning too. Photopass+ shares are really hard though - dates and itineraries really have to match up. And be prepared to spend some time working out logistics. Frankly, it`s challenging and quite time-consuming unlike the relative ease of a regular PP share. Still, I`m thrilled I managed to work it out for my share
The share I was considering is just one other family do still pricey but less ppl to have my families pics. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Not much time to get to know leaders, I have 2 weeks.
I've had a card before, still never saw many CM.

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #233
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Silly question but whats a magic shot??

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #234
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX
It's the pics That look like your holding tinkerbell or stitch is climbing out of the ground and your put on your best fake surprise look

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #235
PFW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
RESORT LIST

All Star Music:
Elaine,
Can you please add me to the All Star Music List. We'll be staying there from 8/20 through 8/31.
Thanks,
Pat

8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #236
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess and former CM!

Quote:

I'm interested in joining a photopass + share too - can anyone tell me more about it or what makes this new + so much more challenging?

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Whereisalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #237
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
These:

Theres a lot of different ones and theres some that are park specific.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #238
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
These:

Theres a lot of different ones and theres some that are park specific.
The Stitch one is hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

Not sure what we're doing yet. Since I have a nice camera i will probably just have them use ours.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #239
fynook12
Mouseketeer

Hello Fellow August Disney Lovers!!

I am finally heading back to the world that i love. It's been about 4yrs since i've been so i'm really looking forward to this trip. Due to finances we had to take a break from going to Disney twice a year. Anyways, I can't wait and we will be at the ASMU from Aug 13-17th. Here is my park list:

Aug 13- DHS
Aug 14- Epcot
Aug 15- A.K.
Aug 16- Disney Quest/D.D
Aug 17- M.K.

Our ADR's:

Aug 13- 50's PTC 9:05pm
Aug 14- Cape May Cafe 7:45 pm
Aug 15- Ohana 9:40 pm
Aug 16- Chef Mickey's 8:40 am
Aug 17- Kona Cafe 10:40 am

We are celebrating my DD 12th Bday so I have a custom cake planned for her when we eat at Ohana's since Aug 15th is her Bday. I can't wait to see it. I will definetly post pics when we return. I'm considering ordering her a white chocolate minnie mouse with some balloons saying happy bday to be delivered to our room the day of. If I decide to do so i will definetly include pics of that as well!! Hope to see some of my fellow diser's at WDW in August!!!

WDW Wedding....3-27-06
SEABREEZE POINT/ARIEL'S/ ILL DP UK LOWER
fynook12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #240
PFW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Date
Park
whether you plan to be there for RD.
Elaine,
Not sure about RD, we'll have to see how I'm feeling while we are there.

Here is my park itinerary to add to the list:
8/20 DTD and DQ
8/21 MK
8/22 IOA/US
8/23 DHS
8/24 BB then Winter Summerland Mini Golf
8/25 AK
8/25 EP Evening
8/26 DHS
8/26 MK Evening EMH
8/27 EP
8/27 DHS Evening EMH