Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #121
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yes, same here! Didn't know it existed until after the party. So much for reading the map and schedule. I think the proper name for it is the Villains Mix & Mingle. It's on the Castle Stage and afterward, they come down into the crowd and we MISSED -- all three of them -- it last year! Not this year though, fingers crossed.
Oh ok! I have read about that. I'm worried about how hard it can be to meet the villains after that. I'm going to try to get us to one of the showings of that early so we can get in line for Hook. I'm just afraid my 4 y/o son won't want to stand in line even if it is for Hook. We'll see!

Quote:
Seriously, she should! I think I've seen the dresses you're talking about too -- after my endless 'Disney costume' searches.
They're nice costumes but there's not way I would pay that much. It's not that serious. And my friend is doing just as good on mine. And I only paid $35 for my materials!

It took me about 3 months worth of looking & researching before I was able to come up with an idea that worked for all 3 of us. I was getting to the point of telling my son he would be the only one dressing. But, my friend saved the day.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #122
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks for cheering me up guys!

He said he spoke to HR and it is their final word that I can't be paid unless I use my vacation time. Out of my 9 sick days this year I have been paid for ONE. Isn't that absurd? I really need to find a new job.

The good thing about this yucky illness (seriously not being able to eat?! cruel!) is that I am home with my children
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #123
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post

OHHH KOOK, we are back this FW silliness again?! Give up 2 bathroom Kidiani for a cabin in the woods where you have to prime the pump and cook your meals over a campfire?!!
Lest we forget, the world is your bathroom whilst in the woods

Quote:
Oh. My. I was laughing out loud at this! Bye Kidani, Hello YC! (For now, anyway -- nothing is out of the question, even after check-in.
You're not thinking of August 2010 when I was booked at YC/CL for 8 nights, but changed after one night to CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
[/B]

KOOK You're a'scarin' me girl!!! Remember, I have POLY GV CL booked! and if a LAGOON CL isn't cutting it, I cringe to think of GV CL!! but you know what.....I have to put my trust in our RCer friends who've been and who come back raving and loving it!!! Dani, I heart, Padawans! Yes, all those wonderful reviews are making me hold tight to my ressie....I gotta try out the POLY and I hope to fall in love

I wasn't speaking of LV specifically, but rather, CL and Poly rooms in general. Don't change anything, ignore me, I'm just a Poly alarmist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
KOOK, great change!
I thought the Boardwalk Queen might approve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post

You all have to pinky-swear that you will follow my PTR and my TR. One of my biggest nightmares is writing a TR that no one reads...
Don't forget to post the link here. Oh, and I think our YC stays overlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Love your acceptance speech.

I have to admit, the change was prompted by a better discount. We prefer the BC room decor, but love the lobbies and CMs on both sides. We split our stay and added 3 nights at GF, too.
What a great split and perfect reason to switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Wait until the new refurb - that's when I'll be back at my beloved Polynesian!

Very nice cha cha change!

What JC said, KOOK!!

Oh, you and JC are in cahoots, but I'm happy you both like my change to that place where I won't have to prime the pump or rub sticks together. Now that I put that in writing, it sounds kind of boring over at the YC.

I'm with you on the post Poly rehab visit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Kook –Congrats on Yacht Club CL decision! Excellent choice if I do say so myself! Inquiring minds want to know if this plan is written in ink or pencil???

Always good to chat with all the sweet RCers. You guys are the best!
Either writing implement is perfectly acceptable, as long as you have plenty of WhiteOut, (which I've almost run out of from using so much on the calendar on my fridge).

You're the best, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Miss: I go through the same thing with the clothes. If it is really something I feel strongly that they shouldn't wear to school, I will tell them "that is a home shirt, not a school shirt". Know it sounds simple. But for some reason it seems to work over here. I think we remember our own school time embarrassments and don't want our DD's to suffer through them.
That's too funny, I've used the line, "That's a home shirt and not a vacation shirt." It's always shirts, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ahhhhh....I see how it is....I go on vacation and you all up and move the thread!! (using exclamation points)

Hope you're all doing well! We did something today that we've never done on our Disney trips...we spent the entire day at the resort!!! Except for a couple of hours at DTD (my poor wallet)...

That is one thing we have noticed in our first deluxe resort...we want to be here more....and though we loved our value stays, we never just wanted to "hang out" at them...
Your DTD experience sounds much like our dear friend's LuvLuvLuv.

Resort days are so relaxing and it's so much fun exploring WL. Don't forget to go over to VWL and take a look at the Carolwood Pacific Room and lobby area

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I like your latest change BTW....thanks for the ribbon

I have several rockin' nicknames for our Lodge Tempress

I can just picture Sarah smiling as she reads this

Those walking sticks are neato...but it wouldn't match your GF decor at home...maybe a parasol

Gotta run, but I wanted to mention I got a flyer from Loews yesterday...40% off rooms at any Universal hotel Aug 15-Dec 15th.....why can't WDW send me one. Now HRH wants a split stay
I feel so honored to have rockin' nicknames - that's so 80's.

We want JC smiling as much as possible, so I hope it worked. I love your parasol idea - perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
A morning report from the infirmary: I have freakin hand foot mouth. WTH!!! How would I even acquire such a ridiculous illness if neither of my kids have it? They better not get it now!!! My tongue hurts SO bad I can barely talk. I'm sending my dad to get me 2 big containers of Italian ice because I know I won't be able to eat anything else. (Janet remember our convo?
Not again?! Am I dreaming or did you not have this same affliction last year when you stayed at the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Kook: Nice RC to the YC CL .... seems like a win-win all around.

Exclamation points!! Love them!! Well, that brings another Seinfeld to mind .... Jake Jarmel would of been wise to use a few !!! when taking messages for Elaine!! (double exclamation points!!)

After Elaine broke up he said, "I'm leaving!" He made sure to put an exclamation point at that end of that!

Quote:
Don't laugh too hard, okay? (That's okay... laugh because I will be):

Why would I LOL at that extra cute photo of you and your sweet family? LOVE IT!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #124
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Dani: hand foot and mouth is not fun, my kiddos have had it twice...I am sorry! Your boss is a dink, please find another job. I am all for the trip to sort him out. Still don't see how this is legal.

Miss: I love your costumes! And the Jesse one is adorable, and looks super comfy.

Pas: It sure is a hard balance trying to give enough attention to everyone. Our DH's kind of get left out sometime, and they find such interesting ways to tell us don't they???

Heather: another lovely pic.....

Basketlacey: We loved Via Napoli....yummy!! And their Sangria isn't bad either!

On a side note, I cannot believe what happened in Colorado. So so awful. Very sad.

Have a great weekend everyone...
Old 07-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #125
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Kook You are correct, I had it last year, but it was at the Grand. Lily got sick with it and passed it on to me.

Jenny you're not kidding! I have it much worse this time than last time. My mouth hurts so bad and I am STARVING.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #126
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Well, this thread is moving like lightening again! We had another busy day in the World, starting with Hollywood Studios and then dinner at Biergarten...we were going to go to MK for EMH's tonight but the girls wanted to come back to WL and hit the pool! It was definitely July HOT today after such a cool start.

Well, it's official...We were discussing our April 2013 trip and where to stay (the girls would like AoA) but DH said he can't imagine staying anywhere but WL. He LOVES it, and he hasn't felt that way about anywhere we've stayed....so DD8 suggested a split stay for April (5 nights AoA, and 5 nights WL)...so we are thinking we might do that.

Oh, and we hung out at BC today...it was nice, but loud and busy...we actually preferred the WL...who knew????

Well, time for pool! Hope you all have a wonderful night!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 07-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #127
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

MM see!!! I knew once you went, you'd LOVE it! Great plan for 2013...lucky you to have another trip to look forward to! glad you are having such fun

Dani: I'm I can't believe with 9 days sick leave accumulated, you can't Use it? How is that possible or even legal? Do you have a human rights complaint board in the US? That is not right, and you know what? Your boss SAYS he's talked to HR, I wouldn't trust his word as far as I could throw it! I'd contact HR or head office, or whoever was above his head just to hear it myself! There has to be someone who can fight for you and YOUR rights! Wish I lived closer so I could offer you some support, and join in on that Boss invasion! ooooo I'm mad at his treatment of you!
for you!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #128
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
MM see!!! I knew once you went, you'd LOVE it! Great plan for 2013...lucky you to have another trip to look forward to! glad you are having such fun

Dani: I'm I can't believe with 9 days sick leave accumulated, you can't Use it? How is that possible or even legal? Do you have a human rights complaint board in the US? That is not right, and you know what? Your boss SAYS he's talked to HR, I wouldn't trust his word as far as I could throw it! I'd contact HR or head office, or whoever was above his head just to hear it myself! There has to be someone who can fight for you and YOUR rights! Wish I lived closer so I could offer you some support, and join in on that Boss invasion! ooooo I'm mad at his treatment of you!
for you!
Oh I don't have 9 sick days, I've had to call out 9 times because of the kids being sick. I haven't been paid for any. It's unbelievable.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #129
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Kook we have to meet at SAB or something. You have to throw down some snacks from the CL... I use to say that to Disneybride (Shout out to Diana, come back Disneybride we miss you.)

I have a "situation". I'm finalizing my touring plan and I have Sanaa scheduled for Friday at 6:50 (I've heard so many good things about Sanaa). We will be at AK that morning and MK that night for EMH's. Friday is the night we want to stay at MK until they throw us out so we thought about going to AK in the morning, chilling at the resort int he afternoon and then going over to MK in time for Wishes and EMH. We wanted to have dinner right before we went to MK but that means going to AK int he morning, then back to YC, then BACK to Kidani, then MK. Is that CRAZY? My other option is to switch Sanaa to Thursday when we plan to go to DHS in the morning and just hanging out at the YC thurs evening. I have Capt's Grill scheduled that evening since we will be at the resort BUT, we can take our time getting to Kidani and getting back to YC on an evening that we don't have a park scheduled. We may miss the movie on the beach though. We were going to walk on the boardwalk thursday evening. HELP me because I'm thinking that if we stayed at Kidani, it would be easier......just saying....
My DH is still asking about Poly (can you believe it??!!) I just read that during our stay that GF is going to be HEAVY into renovations and using Poly pool so...Poly is officially off the table for me...

I'm rambling because I can't figure out my dining/resort/park plans for Thursday and Friday of my trip....

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #130
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

OMG 3 WEEKS and 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks are our new "unofficial" RC symbol.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #131
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

my vote (FWIW) is to do Sanaa on the HS day when you are just planning on the resort at night. Might be a little too much traveling around if you attempt it on the MK EMH night.

Although...it may be easier to just stay at Kidani like you said. Really I am not much help at all!! But

WHOOHOO for 3 weeks and 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #132
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I agree with Kidani being easiest!

2 weeks and 2 days until I can forget all my troubles with a great big Lapu Lapu! I'm really worried that my boss is trying to fire me. A friend told me she overheard him whispering to the assistant manager today.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #133
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Mousemommy: That's great that y'all love WL! And the possible split stay for 2013 sounds perfect!

stepdisney: I think I'd move Sanaa to the DHS day. And a big for your trip getting closer! It'll be here before you know it!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #134
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Are you kidding me??? is this co-worker a trusted friend of yours? I have to be honest and say I don;t really know what type of work you do, but is there a way you can try to find a new job? If not, somehow you will have to rise above all this....hold your head up high.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #135
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

DANI: I'd say your boss is certifiably CRAZY! I haven't met the man, but I already can't stand him!!! I agree with Jenny....I know jobs are hard to come by, you work in a bank, right? .....if there was SOME way you could transfer? Or look for another job??? I know, easier said than done, but I hate for you to be sad all the time and work in such a toxic environment! You deserve better! I want to see you happy! I hope your upcoming trip is relaxing, and magical and just the medicine the DR ordered for ALL of you to rejuvenate! You need this break.

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: