Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #91
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
It got cut last year because we were just too tired and it was too hot to imagine walking ALL the way to France to eat soup. This year I am going if I have to sit on a skateboard and have my mom tow me on her ECV. Now THERE is a mental image for ya!
If that happens, you simply must take a picture for us here!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #92
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
If that happens, you simply must take a picture for us here!
Oh I will! Actually, I'm sure there will be photos of it all over the DIS before I even get a chance!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #93
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I will! Actually, I'm sure there will be photos of it all over the DIS before I even get a chance!
Indeed! It will be the next big thing to complain about!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #94
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Jeanette!

Hi, everybody! Sorry I haven't posted much lately! I do try to catch up as much as possible when I can. I have been very consumed with planning our trip for Sept/Oct. I think I finally have everything the way I want it. So, hopefully, I'll have more posting time!

Hey! We will indeed be at the party on Sept 30th! I've already printed out party tickets! We will be dressing up.....I will be Wendy Darling, my DH will be Mr. Smee & our son is going as Cpt. Hook. I'm soooo excited for this party!!! We are spending the day at the resort. And will head to MK at some point after 4pm.

We're barely missing y'all! We leave on Sunday, Oct. 7th to head home. Are y'all dressing up?
Hi Amanda! we both arrive and depart the same day our plan for Sunday is to rent a cabana at the POLY, chill and head over for 4, hit CHH for dinner, then enjoy the party sounds sweet what you are dressing up as! I'm not into dressing up, but my BFF wants to, so she may do it. Maybe I can find a cool Halloween tee shirt in the stores before the big day

Dani: we love ya, and know you meant no harm with the tikiman comment ...we enjoy 'ing to you share, so don't stop!

Pixar mom HI! I miss you again by a few days....Darn! I haven't been to MNSSHP before, only pirates and princess.....we enjoyed that night, so I'm really looking forward to this one! I am taking advice to eat QS early the night of, so we don't waste party time on eating and QS eatery crowds hope you enjoy the party if you decide to go

I heart: thanks for the POLY love, I'm very excited!

One more day and I'm into the 60's!

ETA: ok....I'm sitting here listening to y'all talk Halloween costumes, I admit, I'm a tad jealous! I think if I'm honest with myself, the true reason for not wanting to dress up besides the heat factor is......there's really no nice plus size costumes if I was an itty bitty cutie like some of y'all ( I've seen your gorgeous pics!) then that wouldn't be an issue......but cute costumes that are comfy AND that fit? Don't think I'll be able to pull that off oh well.....hopefully I can find a cute themed tshirt in the gift shop!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL

Last edited by chimo2u; 07-20-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Halloween costume eta
Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #95
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Indeed! It will be the next big thing to complain about!
Yes, the self righteous DIS gods will have a ball with that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Amanda! we both arrive and depart the same day our plan for Sunday is to rent a cabana at the POLY, chill and head over for 4, hit CHH for dinner, then enjoy the party sounds sweet what you are dressing up as! I'm not into dressing up, but my BFF wants to, so she may do it. Maybe I can find a cool Halloween tee shirt in the stores before the big day

Dani: we love ya, and know you meant no harm with the tikiman comment ...we enjoy 'ing to you share, so don't stop!

Pixar mom HI! I miss you again by a few days....Darn! I haven't been to MNSSHP before, only pirates and princess.....we enjoyed that night, so I'm really looking forward to this one! I am taking advice to eat QS early the night of, so we don't waste party time on eating and QS eatery crowds hope you enjoy the party if you decide to go

I heart: thanks for the POLY love, I'm very excited!

One more day and I'm into the 60's!
You are so sweet Marie.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #96
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
My problem with ADRs is that I want to eat at mostly EPCOT restaurants, and then I also like to eat CS so unless I do nothing but eat the entire trip, something just has to get cut!
My problem with ADRs is that I don't have any/want to make because I don't want to be tied down to ADRs, I am not going to any TS restaurants and I am only going to MK.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #97
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
We'll be switching resorts that day from POFQ to OKW. Once we get to OKW, I plan on us just relaxing & swimming. Hoping to get to head to MK around 4. We'll probably be going to Cosmic Ray's for dinner since Reid will probably want to do rides close to that area.

You should probably be able to find a cute Halloween shirt. Seems like holiday merchandise comes out earlier & earlier every year.

Quote:
Yes, the self righteous DIS gods will have a ball with that one!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #98
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Hope all is well on this Friday!

Dani, since your trip is so close, I thought this picture would work perfectly for you

Amanda....nice to see you over here

Candace....so glad y'all are having a great time!!! I knew that deluxe would spoil you

Pixar....your costumes for MNSSHP sound great!!! Wish we were going back...it's such a fun night!!!

Chimo...We found shirts for MNSSHP at DTD and online...plenty to choose from. You'll be able to find something for sure. And honestly, even if you don't dress...you certainly won't be the only one....lots of people don't.

Missout....you look fabulous in my ferrari van You're welcome to borrow it any time...

Keep all those families in Colorado in your thoughts and prayers....such a tragic event this morning.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #99
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ahhhhh....I see how it is....I go on vacation and you all up and move the thread!! (using exclamation points)

Hope you're all doing well! We did something today that we've never done on our Disney trips...we spent the entire day at the resort!!! Except for a couple of hours at DTD (my poor wallet)...

That is one thing we have noticed in our first deluxe resort...we want to be here more....and though we loved our value stays, we never just wanted to "hang out" at them...
Quote:

I know exactly what you mean. We experienced the same thing when we stayed at CBR after staying at Pop. Then when we went deluxe, forget it. DS would spend the entire day at the resort swimming, playing, snacking in the lounge, and watching movies on the beach at night and the fireworks from the pool at the Poly. It's just totally different!
Oh, I so get what you mean! Over the years it I've often tried to explain this to friends who have not stayed deluxe - especially in an MK or EPCOT resort. We love the parks too, but when staying at a lovely resort it changes the trip (in a positive way) and some days it is hard to leave the resort for a park. I know not all will not understand, but I'd rather visit less often and be able to stay deluxe. It is the best R&R anywhere for me.

Good Morning, RCers!!

Another beautiful photo, Heather - thank you!

I am so happy it is finally Friday - this had to be one of the longest weeks I've had in a long time; very happy it is coming to an end.

Sophia and I are off to do some errands this morning - she loves wandering aorund The Christmas Tree Shop so it is a nice hot morning "activity". Then we'll walk over to Target. Maybe we can even squeeze in Babies R Us so she can ride Dumbo.

Hope it is a great day for all! Some of the countdowns are looking great!

Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #100
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My problem with ADRs is that I want to eat at mostly EPCOT restaurants, and then I also like to eat CS so unless I do nothing but eat the entire trip, something just has to get cut!
You are a woman after my own heart! Rides? There are rides at Disney? I thought it was a restaurant destination.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

Hi Amanda! Can't wait to see your MNSSHP photos - great costume idea! Did you find a Wendy costume yet? We're dressing up, too. At first, it was just the kids dressing up, then my mom said we simply MUST pick a theme and dress up accordingly. (My parents were at F&W last year and saw families in costume heading to MNSSHP.) So our oldest is the Mad Hatter, middle son is Tweedle Dee, youngest is Tweedle Dum and I'm Alice. My husband is undecided - he's rejected our Cheshire Cat idea and now we're lobbying for some version of the White Rabbit!
I think I am going to go with the pirate theme for my family and then if by some luck we get into PL, we will be ready. I wasn't planning for dh and I to do PL but I was going to get us some sort of costume or at least tshirt to match the rest of the family. I am very concerned about 13 yo dd not wanting to dress up so I think the Pirates theme works well because there are lots of cute costumes for her. I will just bring my black eyeliner and DS's halloween makeup and if we can't get in, we will be DIY pirates!

Mousemommy - Miss you! Glad you are having a blast. Can't wait to see pics!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #101
pas130
DIS Veteran

Super speedy multiquote before the dr....pg 7...holy cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I dutifully accept with great pride the prize bestowed upon me and will attempt to uphold the principles and values said prize represents. If ever I cannot perform my duties, I shall pass along the duties and responsibilities of bronze to jennyjinx3.

HEY! HOLD ON HERE! That ribbon looks just like one I once posted but, I don't mind.
I like your latest change BTW....thanks for the ribbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Oh dear, I am so late. Jeanette, thanks for putting the list up for me! I am fine, but had a bit of an accident today. I have neuropathy in my feet from all the chemo. I have been known to stumble, but I always catch myself, until this afternoon. I did a face plant on the sidewalk outside of the hair salon where I get my hair cut. Long story short, I am sooo lucky, have a scraped and banged up chin, cuts on my palm and sore wrist. Went right over to my oncolgists office and had the nurses look at me (one of the few benefits of cancer, you can always be seen right away!), they cleaned me up and made sure I was okay. Just sore and scraped up. I look like I was in a fight
Sarah, please stop beating people up at the hairdressers...seriously, glad you are OK. Rest my friend...some healing vibes coming your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
"Kookster", good one Pas; that has a nice ring to it.
I have several rockin' nicknames for our Lodge Tempress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
How could you go and do that just when we were all getting better this week?!

And, while we're on the topic (JC will LOVE this one), why do I still want to stay in a FW Cabin so much? Oh, and why can't Poly/CL get better reviews?! I still love the idea of a lagoon view CL room there, but those reviews are still pretty awful.
I can just picture Sarah smiling as she reads this

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
The cabins are ok. I really don't think I'd stay there again without either a rental or a golf cart, or both. I reeeeealllly hated doing the bus to bus or bus to boat thing. It might not be so bad now that most of my kids are mobile, but when I went we had a double and a single stroller and it was awful!

But speaking of changes (Yoohoo JC!)I just changed to a split so we are...

8/14-8/18 Poly TPV CL
8/18-8/21 BC CL

If you switch maybe I'll run into you at SAB!
I liked FWC also, but I'd rather do AoA...not that I'm encouraging anyone to change....

I love this split....

Quote:
Mama Backson and Baby Backson

Quote:
I am fine, it looks like I was in a fight I took some Tylenol, no ibuprofen for me My DH suggested we buy me a walking stick at AKL when we go in September
Those walking sticks are neato...but it wouldn't match your GF decor at home...maybe a parasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
So - is it insane to change my resort because PL isn't available when I have booked? I am asking the wrong group lol. I really shouldn't change my dates because they match the kids' school calendar. BUT, I really wanted to do Pirate's League on the MNSSHP night! I guess I keep calling every day and hope for openings.
No reason is insane...keep calling! Something will open up!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I want to make sure she's not afraid to "march to the beat of her own drum." This is at 5 years old, what am I in store for?!
You did fine IMHO, and she will be A-OK. She may be a hit with boys though watch out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Amanda, chimo, missoutandabout and anyone else with MNSSHP experience, please share any and all MNSSHP tips - we have our tickets for October 8 and we'll be MNSSHP first-timers!
We did Oct. 31...it was great!!! But, alas it was 2003 I think. Sold out...not crowded, free chocolate. Great parades, fireworks, characters, short lines...only problem. DS was asleep in the stroller by 915pm and a little rain...so our night was cut short.

Quote:
Need to talk to our RC Queen aka Pas before I update the list on page one. Since I didn't type in the post, I can't edit it So, the new list in going to be on page 5 below until Jeanette and I figure this out.
No worries, I'll copy & paste as it updates...and save it to page 1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Nothing like being late to the party Now I'm going back to read....it must be good if there are almost 6 pages!!! Y'all are killing me!!
About time heather JK, I was starting to worry LOVE the Poly pic!

Quote:
Geez I made one comment on the Poly thread that Tikiman isn't always correct and now I'm being accused of being harsh and picking on him. Sometimes I wonde why I even post anywhere but here.
You are the voice of reason on the Poly thread...don't stop posting, sis...but I totally understand....here, GF, WL the only safe threads on the Dis...and some VIP TRs of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post

I definitely prefer to just post here. I hardly post anywhere else.
I get mad when I see my family getting attacked...I go into Mommy mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
You all have to pinky-swear that you will follow my PTR and my TR. One of my biggest nightmares is writing a TR that no one reads...
I am SO bad with pinky swears..but step, you have a heart felt promise that I will subscribe to your TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
pas, you made me blush. (and lol)
You know I love ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Wait until the new refurb - that's when I'll be back at my beloved Polynesian!
It's becoming a dilemma in my mind for 2013.

Poly vs GF

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
For those who want to throw in the towel on other threads - please don't let a few incidents keep you from enjoying the boards. I know, easy to say when you aren't "in it" and I have had plenty of episodes of hurt feelings or...well, let's just say it, anger!...from a scolding here or there for what seems to me so little. Overall, though, most of the posters are kind and eager to help, even those who are sometimes a little touchy. Try not to take it to heart.

For what it's worth, you are all welcome over on the GF FAQ.
Highly recommend the GF thread

And I am very sensitive to those little grouchy comments, I have to breathe, and really think of a reply that is not nasty, and diplomatic (yes I get nasty when I am mad)

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Jeanette!

Hi, everybody! Sorry I haven't posted much lately! I do try to catch up as much as possible when I can. I have been very consumed with planning our trip for Sept/Oct. I think I finally have everything the way I want it. So, hopefully, I'll have more posting time!
We know where to find you! Don't be sorry, we all get busy....I just wanted to be sure you knew where our new home is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow! I get home from work and we are on page 7? You guys are amazing! I just wanted to say a few things before giving DH some special attention...
Dh and I fought for an hour last night because I don't give him enough attention....I still feel sad this morning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Hope you're all doing well! We did something today that we've never done on our Disney trips...we spent the entire day at the resort!!! Except for a couple of hours at DTD (my poor wallet)...

That is one thing we have noticed in our first deluxe resort...we want to be here more....and though we loved our value stays, we never just wanted to "hang out" at them...
I liked hanging at Pop too...All Stars not as much, so glad you had the opportunity to hang at WL....

Now I am late getting out the door...

Gotta run, but I wanted to mention I got a flyer from Loews yesterday...40% off rooms at any Universal hotel Aug 15-Dec 15th.....why can't WDW send me one. Now HRH wants a split stay

Last edited by pas130; 07-20-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #102
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Amanda....nice to see you over here
Thanks!

Quote:
Keep all those families in Colorado in your thoughts and prayers....such a tragic event this morning.
It is, indeed. So scary the world we live in these days.

Quote:
I think I am going to go with the pirate theme for my family and then if by some luck we get into PL, we will be ready. I wasn't planning for dh and I to do PL but I was going to get us some sort of costume or at least tshirt to match the rest of the family. I am very concerned about 13 yo dd not wanting to dress up so I think the Pirates theme works well because there are lots of cute costumes for her. I will just bring my black eyeliner and DS's halloween makeup and if we can't get in, we will be DIY pirates!
That sounds like a perfect costume theme for y'all.....especially with having a 13 y/o dd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We know where to find you! Don't be sorry, we all get busy....I just wanted to be sure you knew where our new home is!
Thanks!

Quote:
Gotta run, but I wanted to mention I got a flyer from Loews yesterday...40% off rooms at any Universal hotel Aug 15-Dec 15th.....why can't WDW send me one. Now HRH wants a split stay
Awesome! Split stay sounds great! I am really wanting to do that for our 2014 trip. Yep, I'm already planning 2014. Hopefully, I'll get something fantastic like that.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #103
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning! A little beat up and sore, but in good shape today!

Dani ! Silly, silly people. You can post as many exclamation points as you want on this thread How are you and the kids feeling?

BOO TO YOU AND YOU AND YOU...Happy Hallowishes! I love all this talk about the MNSSHP, it is wonderful. No, we have never dressed up...we haven't gone with little kids and if you knew my husband you wouldn't ask that We bought the CD years ago of the Party Music, so I have the Hallowishes music and the Boo to You Parade music loaded on my iTunes. If anyone wants me to make them a CD, just PM me your address and I will send it along. It is so easy to do and it would be my pleasure! I already made Janet one...warning the songs are addictive!

Minnie & Nana, have fun with Miss Sophie today

I have to agree about relaxing at the Deluxe resorts Now that we are older, and don't have kids we love to spend time at the resorts, relaxing, reading, swimming, taking walks, whatever. I LOVE the query about "what parks", it is all about the food! Dani, what soup are you talking about, the french onion? I would walk miles for that soup and then a crepe from the stand outside Chefs de France! I laughed so hard at the picture of your mother in her scooter, pulling you from behind on a skateboard Perhaps a Segway would do it?!!! (notice the exclamation marks )

Hope everyone has a good day. It's rainy and cool here, wonderful. The grass if fried from the heat and the sun, so the rain is much needed...and I have to say a day in the upper 60's in wonderful!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #104
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

A morning report from the infirmary: I have freakin hand foot mouth. WTH!!! How would I even acquire such a ridiculous illness if neither of my kids have it? They better not get it now!!! My tongue hurts SO bad I can barely talk. I'm sending my dad to get me 2 big containers of Italian ice because I know I won't be able to eat anything else. (Janet remember our convo? )

Quote:
Good Morning!

Hope all is well on this Friday!

Dani, since your trip is so close, I thought this picture would work perfectly for you

LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, I so get what you mean! Over the years it I've often tried to explain this to friends who have not stayed deluxe - especially in an MK or EPCOT resort. We love the parks too, but when staying at a lovely resort it changes the trip (in a positive way) and some days it is hard to leave the resort for a park. I know not all will not understand, but I'd rather visit less often and be able to stay deluxe. It is the best R&R anywhere for me.

Good Morning, RCers!!

Another beautiful photo, Heather - thank you!

I am so happy it is finally Friday - this had to be one of the longest weeks I've had in a long time; very happy it is coming to an end.

Sophia and I are off to do some errands this morning - she loves wandering aorund The Christmas Tree Shop so it is a nice hot morning "activity". Then we'll walk over to Target. Maybe we can even squeeze in Babies R Us so she can ride Dumbo.

Hope it is a great day for all! Some of the countdowns are looking great!
What a nice grandma. Sophia is so lucky to have you.

Quote:
You are a woman after my own heart! Rides? There are rides at Disney? I thought it was a restaurant destination.......

Mousemommy - Miss you! Glad you are having a blast. Can't wait to see pics!
Right? How do you squeeze everything in?!

Quote:

You are the voice of reason on the Poly thread...don't stop posting, sis...but I totally understand....here, GF, WL the only safe threads on the Dis...and some VIP TRs of course...

I get mad when I see my family getting attacked...I go into Mommy mode

I am SO bad with pinky swears..but step, you have a heart felt promise that I will subscribe to your TR
You know I love ya!

It's becoming a dilemma in my mind for 2013.

Poly vs GF

Highly recommend the GF thread

And I am very sensitive to those little grouchy comments, I have to breathe, and really think of a reply that is not nasty, and diplomatic (yes I get nasty when I am mad)

Dh and I fought for an hour last night because I don't give him enough attention....I still feel sad this morning....

I liked hanging at Pop too...All Stars not as much, so glad you had the opportunity to hang at WL....

Now I am late getting out the door...

Universal really is the dark side.

Don't be sad sis. You're a busy mama providing for your family.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #105
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A morning report from the infirmary: I have freakin hand foot mouth. WTH!!! How would I even acquire such a ridiculous illness if neither of my kids have it? They better not get it now!!! My tongue hurts SO bad I can barely talk. I'm sending my dad to get me 2 big containers of Italian ice because I know I won't be able to eat anything else. (Janet remember our convo? )
Okay Dani, this is enough. Hand foot mouth? Let's just hope your boss gets it

This is where I want you to be, with an adult beverage, watching the world go by...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: