Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #796
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Kook: Hmm. Only 3 nights at BLT? It might be nice to have that as a little something different before your favourite. Honestly, it sounds like either plan is a "win, win" for you lot.

That car looked distinctly like Heather's Ferrari-van!

---------------

The kiddo. She up and says to me, totally unprovoked: "Mommy? I'd like to go to the Poly this September." Then... then the little bugger says -- also completely out of nowhere: "Can we have breakfast with Minnie and Goofy again this year?"

She's been reading this thread, I swear...
Uncanny how those cars look so similar

The question is: How did you answer your daughter????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Oh KOOK, what are we going to do with you?! It seems like there are both pros and cons for BLT/WL CL split stay versus WL CL the whole trip. My vote would be for WL CL only. You are wavering on BLT, that's not good. If something isn't right with the room you will regret staying there. (remember BWI with the noisy, bright sign outside your window?). However, you know you will love WL CL for the whole stay. Another thought, does a BLT split stay makes more sense when you aren't staying at another MK resort? Keep us posted...who knows where the KOOK family will end up? pas on the other hand is too predictable...she gravitates toward the RPC.
My head hangs in shame, my tail is between my legs and I can't look you in the eye. I'm sorry. You're so right about something not being right with the room. I used to read all those BLT reviews that mentioned that the rooms were in bad condition with crayon marks and chipped furniture, etc... Has that all been cleaned-up by now? Probably not, but DH has heard all about those dents, chips and crayon marks and always jokes that, "We're staying where Godzilla stayed!" But at WL, the room is practically brand new and Godzilla probably hasn't even stayed there yet.

Is there a bright, noisy sign in Bay Lake, too? Why, yes! The Electrical Water Pageant! I'm doomed. No, I love that thing, BUT, at the CR/BLT it comes at 10:10 and practically wakes me up (I'm sleepy by then). BUT, at WL it comes at 9:35, a FAR more respectable hour for everyone to do the dinosaur

You're THE best JC, you know me way too well. I'll keep you posted, but we really need to keep our eyes on Jeanette.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #797
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Is there a bright, noisy sign in Bay Lake, too? Why, yes! The Electrical Water Pageant! I'm doomed. No, I love that thing, BUT, at the CR/BLT it comes at 10:10 and practically wakes me up (I'm sleepy by then). BUT, at WL it comes at 9:35, a FAR more respectable hour for everyone to do the dinosaur
Um, if you stayed at the GF you would see The Turtle (my personal favorite in the EWP) at 9:15 on the dock.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #798
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
missoutandabout, are you surprising the kids also? And, again, if so, I get to hear all about it when we are in WDW! BC CL to be specific!
No surprises about the trip, but I do have a little "in room" Halloween surprise planned with the help of IPO. I'll be able to tell you all about that in person... at the BC! I've got all my appendages crossed nothing -- including United States Immigrations -- will keep us from going. (Not even my hubs knows about this little surprise thing. Going to do some little goodies for the kiddo, some Halloween cupcakes, sparkling cider and I'm going to bring along some Halloween decorations to put up in the room. That is, of course, if I can manage to sneak back to the room without being too obvious. )

I haven't purchased our party tickets yet. I'm worried if I purchase them now, we'll definitely get a letter saying the hubs' green card interview appointment will be scheduled smack-bang in the middle of our Disney trip. I don't want to jinx anything!

Quote:
If something isn't right with the room you will regret staying there. (remember BWI with the noisy, bright sign outside your window?). Keep us posted...who knows where the KOOK family will end up?
You know, I've always wondered about how that sign affected the rooms it happens to be near. Now I know! I think we prefer the other side of the lake.

Quote:
The question is: How did you answer your daughter????
Ixnay on the Olypay.

I'm already hyperventilating over our meager 5 ADRs; I might have to cancel one to make room for a Cape May breakfast. I know there's no way we'd be able to walk by on the way to the pool without a "Hey MOMMY! When are we eating breakfast there?!"

I'm in a permanent state of confuddlement.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #799
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Am I being paranoid??

So, the 2013 military discount is "officially" out today. If you'll recall, it was supposedly out last Friday, and I swooped in there and got my Poly CL at 40% off. Several other people were able to book before the CM's were instructed to stop booking until Disney makes the official announcement...

I got my confirmation, made a sizable deposit and it's on the website that I have the room at our amazing price, so I should be all set right???

I keep seeing how everyone is reporting very limited availability at every resort (even Poly, where the only rooms available are apparently LV CL...)

I just keep thinking that my reservation is somehow "illegal"...am I being dumb??? I don't want to call and check because I don't want them to find an illegal code on my ressie or something and then lose my room...

Again, sorry if that's dumb.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #800
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, the 2013 military discount is "officially" out today. If you'll recall, it was supposedly out last Friday, and I swooped in there and got my Poly CL at 40% off. Several other people were able to book before the CM's were instructed to stop booking until Disney makes the official announcement...

I got my confirmation, made a sizable deposit and it's on the website that I have the room at our amazing price, so I should be all set right???

I keep seeing how everyone is reporting very limited availability at every resort (even Poly, where the only rooms available are apparently LV CL...)

I just keep thinking that my reservation is somehow "illegal"...am I being dumb??? I don't want to call and check because I don't want them to find an illegal code on my ressie or something and then lose my room...

Howdy Mousemommy,
Oh, goodness, not dumb at all. I've booked military rate rooms for the past few years. Depending on the dates/resort/room the availability varies a lot. I've tried to book WL CL and there were no rooms CL for my dates (mil rate) in the past, even though there was availability (at rack rate) on the website. I'm sure there is a mathematical reasoning to all this, it's over my head, though.

Sometimes you hit the right days off the bat, which is great. Here's a tip a CM gave me -- sometimes you need to add a day on one end or the other, and drop it later to get the rate for your specific dates.
Sometimes, what you want is not available, but it may be in a couple of weeks. It's hit or miss. I do think that the primo reservations--like yours at the Poly--are ones to be careful to hold onto until you are absolutely certain you want to change. It can sometimes be hard or impossible to get really good ones again.

I hope I can set your mind at ease. I had two rooms booked in Nov, one for hubster and me, one for son and family. I was able to switch to YC CL (standard view, military rate) the day the codes were available for a short time before they were "pulled." I grabbed the reservations. I never got confirmations. I called today to get confirmations on both rooms, everything is OK, no problem. They sent confirmations later this afternoon.

You've probably already logged on, saw your reservation, right? Is the math correct? If so, I think you're fine. Another quick check, I sometimes use, I confirm date/price/resort/room at the time I make a payment.

I totally understand the concern, no one wants an unexpected unpleasant surprise. I'm sure Kook can also help with information with the mil rate, I think she's an expert in that department.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #801
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Howdy Mousemommy,
Oh, goodness, not dumb at all. I've booked military rate rooms for the past few years. Depending on the dates/resort/room the availability varies a lot. I've tried to book WL CL and there were no rooms CL for my dates (mil rate) in the past, even though there was availability (at rack rate) on the website. I'm sure there is a mathematical reasoning to all this, it's over my head, though.

Sometimes you hit the right days off the bat, which is great. Here's a tip a CM gave me -- sometimes you need to add a day on one end or the other, and drop it later to get the rate for your specific dates.
Sometimes, what you want is not available, but it may be in a couple of weeks. It's hit or miss. I do think that the primo reservations--like yours at the Poly--are ones to be careful to hold onto until you are absolutely certain you want to change. It can sometimes be hard or impossible to get really good ones again.

I hope I can set your mind at ease. I had two rooms booked in Nov, one for hubster and me, one for son and family. I was able to switch to YC CL (standard view, military rate) the day the codes were available for a short time before they were "pulled." I grabbed the reservations. I never got confirmations. I called today to get confirmations on both rooms, everything is OK, no problem. They sent confirmations later this afternoon.

You've probably already logged on, saw your reservation, right? Is the math correct? If so, I think you're fine. Another quick check, I sometimes use, I confirm date/price/resort/room at the time I make a payment.

I totally understand the concern, no one wants an unexpected unpleasant surprise. I'm sure Kook can also help with information with the mil rate, I think she's an expert in that department.
Thanks! . I do feel better. Yes, the math is right on my confirmation and on the website. I'll be calling next month to make a payment, so I'll confirm everything again...but your "illegal ressie" is fine, so I'm good!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #802
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I've been out of my DD's apartment all day since they sprayed for fleas again! Poor kitty is being boarded again ....

kook of course you know how much I love WL so my vote would be all WL CL!!! To be truthful of all the resorts I've stayed at WDW the only one I don't like is BLT .... I just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling there.

jeanette you're almost there!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #803
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

After reading some positive TripAdvisor reviews of BLT and looking at some photos, I felt better. But, when DH got home I told him 'what happened' and he of course said, "I'd love to stay at WL the whole time, but do whatever you feel is best." DD, heard this and in her outside voice told me that I can not change "Blut" (that's BLT as a word). I had DH telling me that he would just love all WL instead of "Godzilla's villa" and DD furious that she thought I was changing. She even said that I should be happy that she actually has an opinion about a resort and that Blut is the one! I'll feel bad if we don't like BLT and I'll feel bad if I cancel it

Quote:

All is well on the military discount front. No one is going to change or cancel your reservation - unless you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Hi!

I've been out of my DD's apartment all day since they sprayed for fleas again! Poor kitty is being boarded again ....

kook of course you know how much I love WL so my vote would be all WL CL!!! To be truthful of all the resorts I've stayed at WDW the only one I don't like is BLT .... I just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling there.

Wasn't there a Seinfeld on fleas and fumigation? Kramer loved it in there.

PLEASE tell me what you didn't like about your room at BLT!!! We love the CR, so I have to know why I wouldn't like BLT. We have a one bedroom Bay Lake view booked. I requested an outer villa on a high floor.

Quote:
Um, if you stayed at the GF you would see The Turtle (my personal favorite in the EWP) at 9:15 on the dock.

That's perfect for me! After getting up around 0600 on vacation, I'm bushed early - the Turtle and Dino at 9:15 sounds great. Hmmm... so it takes the turtle about 20 minutes to make it over to WL
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #804
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

HI Guys! I've been busy at work, missed chatting today! I wanted to add my vote to Kooks dilemma.....I vote for WL CL the whole trip!!! you know I'm 100% a CL gal! Also, it's nice tO be able to unpack and settle in plus the lounge gives you some "escape room" when people just need some space.

PAS: LESS THAN 24 hours!!!!!WOOOOHOOOOOO I am so excited for you!! GIVE OUR DANI A BIG from me!

MM: I wouldn't worry about your reservation, I think it's 100% legit, and you'll be fine I am so excited for you getting POLY CL!!!

Jenny: what a wonderful way to surprise your little 's !!!! I can't wait to hear how excited they are I'm excited for them!!!

ETA: oh yeah, I forgot to add.....ONLY 50 days for me!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 08-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #805
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

kook it should make you feel better that I don't care for the CR decor either so it just stands to reason that I don't like BLT. Now my daughter and all my grandkids loved BLT. They had a TPV and my grandson who slept in the chair turned it around so he could look at the castle all night!!! I think what I don't care for is just the modern decor. I'm a mountain and/or beach kind of girl so it just didn't fit the bill. I think that if you love CR you'll also like BLT!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #806
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! . I do feel better. Yes, the math is right on my confirmation and on the website. I'll be calling next month to make a payment, so I'll confirm everything again...but your "illegal ressie" is fine, so I'm good!
I wouldn't worry about it. It's funny when I called last week to see if the interline rates were out I was told only the military rates were out for next year. I have a feeling the interline rates probably came out this week also. A lot of times a room type can be available for 7 nights, but not 4 nights. I have also found moving a res up or back a day can make a difference. Disney also likes you to include a Friday night. I think people that can't find availabilty don't know how to work the system. There have been times when I have had to book 10 nights and then reduce it to three. Their reservation system is nuts.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #807
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish Jeanette safe and happy travels!!!

Good morning everyone else!!!!

Oh, and looks like I may squeak a 3rd trip out of these AP's after all....
I may do 6/23-6/30, once the girls get out of school!!!!
DH will be leaving for a deployment, so if my friend agrees to bring her kiddos, we will split an AoA suite!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #808
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sweet! I'm headin' on up to hop in Pas' suitcase. Who's with me?
My DS3 is sitting in my suitcase as we speak, big sister is pulling him around...luckily he is not zipped in...Bree said Daddy wants to take her..leaving today should be fun..ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I told DH what I noticed, and he said "If you think you are different in those videos...watch some of when we were first married!! You were an angel! Now you are like one of those flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz!" Of course he followed this up with a big hug and an "I love you" Smart move.
Smart to follow up with hug! Very smart..see I have always been nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
A happy cobbler or scone place should be just perfect to spill the September trip beans over.

FINE THEN!!! So maybe I also didn't do OCI because it makes the whole BLT thing seem so permanent and unchangeable - have you thought about being a therapist, too? Or did you come up with that because of your very own OCI avoidance? You are so spot on and so smart
Yes me thinks a discussion over cobbler is the ticket!!!!

And the bolded is your answer...although, please note my delayed OCI was TOTALLY CRO's fault..just sayin

Quote:
Oh! And, my reservation is "legal" now! The official press release regarding the new military discount is out and up on Disney Website. Happy booking to all of my other military RC'ers!!!
Let the games begin!!!!

Quote:
This year, spring break was blacked-out, BUT, I was able to book both BWI and WL anyway at 40% off during spring break. I'm hoping to do the same next year. I'd love to book Christmas, but I'm sure they actually have that blacked-out, although last year it wasn't blacked-out until the 26th. Do you know if SOG officially stopped offering WDW resort overflow rates?
I vote for Spring Break...because I should be there too...hopefully!!!

Quote:
She's been reading this thread, I swear...
The kiddos are onto us

Quote:
pas, only one more sleep and you are on your way! Timing is everything with a DH, get him relaxed at the OFC and then you can tell him about the RPC and the trip in September. It's all in the timing
I agree...all is the timing!!!!
Quote:
You're THE best JC, you know me way too well. I'll keep you posted, but we really need to keep our eyes on Jeanette.

Noooooooo, Sarah knows I am done, you my friend....you have been so curious to try a 1 BR, this is perfection...it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Howdy Mousemommy,
Oh, goodness, not dumb at all.

Agreed! with both points!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
If the airline gods are good to me in less than 11 hours I'll be flying to friendly skies...

last night there was a news story about security breaches at our airport....DH is ...I plan on premedicating him with a beer, or 4

Quote:
After reading some positive TripAdvisor reviews of BLT and looking at some photos, I felt better. But, when DH got home I told him 'what happened' and he of course said, "I'd love to stay at WL the whole time, but do whatever you feel is best." DD, heard this and in her outside voice told me that I can not change "Blut" (that's BLT as a word). I had DH telling me that he would just love all WL instead of "Godzilla's villa" and DD furious that she thought I was changing. She even said that I should be happy that she actually has an opinion about a resort and that Blut is the one! I'll feel bad if we don't like BLT and I'll feel bad if I cancel it
Keep Blut mommy!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
PAS: LESS THAN 24 hours!!!!!WOOOOHOOOOOO I am so excited for you!! GIVE OUR DANI A BIG from me!
Sure hope dani likes hugs

Quote:

DH will be leaving for a deployment, so if my friend agrees to bring her kiddos, we will split an AoA suite!!!!
Yeah!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #809
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I think this is why dh wouldn't let me get APs last year ;-)

Jeanette - have a blast and be sure to update us!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #810
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Running late this morning and off to a doctor's appointment. But I wanted wish our Jeanette and her DH safe travels. Have fun...You will be in WDW tonight!!!! and see Dani tomorrow

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: