Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #2491
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Can't you still call them? Pas would.
I know she would!!!!

However, I think even they don't have access to the systems today. I know I had sent IPO updated requests for my ADR's and they can't do them until the system is done being worked on.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #2492
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Promocode: BIGDEAL40

Have been encouraging Janet to take advantage of the sale and book her January flights - fingers crossed.
Oh yes!!! That is a good idea!!!

Did I mention that I extended my January trip by 2 days!!! With the money I saved on my flights it will pay for two nights at POP with the GP discount that comes out tomorrow!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #2493
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,317

Also just saw that AirTran is having a big sale .... I don't know any details since they don't fly our of Sacramento but if SW doesn't work maybe this will.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #2494
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome back home everyone! I love how you're all running full speed ahead planning your next WDW getaway. Some of you (umm, pas...) have many great plans and it's lots of fun seeing them evolve



What was that? I'm actually all for FW, armadillos and all. BUT, there is one particular sweet gal who has it out for FW and just might have a small problem with your staying there. For purposes of internet anonymity she goes by Jungle Cruiser, but we all know who she really is. Now that she knows what you're up to, she'll be poking fun at you for wanting to use an outhouse and catching your own dinner and fetching your own water from the well, she's merciless.


You are too funny, Jeanette, but I can lurk with the best of 'em.

Ten minute breaks from the DS? This is unheard of and might be child cruelty; please get him a DSI XL...
<faceplam> I had it backwards! I was thinking it was you giving her a hard time but it was the other way around. Oops!

Mousemommy - I'm with you. I keep checking the site every 5 minutes to see if it's back yet. Must.Price.Out.Different.Itineraries. I'm so desperate I even started pricing offsite DTD hotels just to keep myself occupied while I wait!

Keep the YC! SAB!!!!

Oh and pas I checked and Swan/Dolphin are both booked so not even an option if I wanted too

Chimo2u - Sorry you didn't fall in love with the Poly!

I doubt CR TPV would be available for NYE but that would be an awesome way to see the Fantasy in the Sky!!! Maybe Poly TPV? Oops, there I go again not saving money
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #2495
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Oh yes!!! That is a good idea!!!

Did I mention that I extended my January trip by 2 days!!! With the money I saved on my flights it will pay for two nights at POP with the GP discount that comes out tomorrow!!
Didn't you know? There's never really any actual money saving, there are just ways to direct more to the Mouse!

Yay for a longer trip!
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #2496
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

I promise to sit down latter tonight and catch with everyone!!! Just wanted to say a quick WELCOME HOME to all those that have just returned!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #2497
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I know she would!!!!

However, I think even they don't have access to the systems today. I know I had sent IPO updated requests for my ADR's and they can't do them until the system is done being worked on.
Just think how much you'll appreciate being able to fuss with the booking engine once it's up

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
<faceplam> I had it backwards! I was thinking it was you giving her a hard time but it was the other way around. Oops!


I doubt CR TPV would be available for NYE but that would be an awesome way to see the Fantasy in the Sky!!! Maybe Poly TPV? Oops, there I go again not saving money
How about a BLT MKV Grand Villa?! Candace can price it out for you later
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #2498
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Just got off the phone and our January trip is now off. You can take us off the official list... Boooooo. My kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ... it wasn't meant to be ... Noooooooooo.

Told hubs this via email and he said we can look it over tonight and start planning for something in the spring (or will that be November)! Love that man... (I've already been perusing the crowd calendars along with the historical discounts.)

I hope we're not hosed with our Southwest ressies; I know there are no change fees but wonder how far out the funds last... I'm kinda wanting to do an "us only" trip just to avoid all the hassle this cancelled trip has caused. Is that mean?

Candace: No, NO CR FOR YOU!

I'm now joining I_Heart and Candace in the pricing-out extravaganza...

Marie: Thanks for your review! Eesh about the bugs and broken bed. Glad they sorted it all out for you. And extra glad you all got to meet up! Can't wait to hear more... especially what your favorite meal was?!
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #2499
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Just got off the phone and our January trip is now off. You can take us off the official list... Boooooo. My kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ... it wasn't meant to be ... Noooooooooo.

Told hubs this via email and he said we can look it over tonight and start planning for something in the spring (or will that be November)! Love that man... (I've already been perusing the crowd calendars along with the historical discounts.)

I hope we're not hosed with our Southwest ressies; I know there are no change fees but wonder how far out the funds last... I'm kinda wanting to do an "us only" trip just to avoid all the hassle this cancelled trip has caused. Is that mean?

Candace: No, NO CR FOR YOU!

I'm now joining I_Heart and Candace in the pricing-out extravaganza...

Marie: Thanks for your review! Eesh about the bugs and broken bed. Glad they sorted it all out for you. And extra glad you all got to meet up! Can't wait to hear more... especially what your favorite meal was?!
SW credits are good for one year from the BOOKING date not the trip date and they must be used by same person that the original flight was booked for.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #2500
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
SW credits are good for one year from the BOOKING date not the trip date and they must be used by same person that the original flight was booked for.
Phew, thanks Linda.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #2501
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Yes it worked!! Thanks Kook!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #2502
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yes it worked!! Thanks Kook!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!
I knew you could do it - it looks quite snazzy.

If anyone needs to make it smaller, etc..., feel free to edit it or I can make a smaller version pretty quickly for anyone.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #2503
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Hi Candace Yes, I remember those long ago days that forged a RCer sisterhood and kinship over our rollercoaster reservations at the POLY I am so glad I stayed and was able to experience it for myself I think much of the reason why I didn't adore it was because so much of our time was run, run, run......falling into bed exhausted around 1 or 2 pm.

I just wrote a long reply...and poof! I seemed to have lost half the words -- so I'll try and recap my thoughts again! ;P

As I think back...... I am very glad I tried the resort for myself. I won't say that I'll never be back-- I can see it being wonderful with perhaps a split stay for the MK area resorts then moving over to an Epcot resort to finish things up. I actually tried doing that -- moving to BWI, but they only had 1 of the nights I needed available , so staying put at the POLY made much better sense. The rooms where dark, especially my first room (the garden view room where I had the bug issue/ and broken bed (3522 Hawaii)....when we where moved to the Theme Park View room, it literally seemed like a completely different room! (3512 Hawaii) it felt much brighter being lagoon side, and we really enjoyed that room. I would pay again to have a theme park room, I think it is worth being on the lagoon side of the longhouse! I am excited to see what the room rehab brings to the resort!

The only other resort I have a inkling to try still is BWI DLX CL for that guaranteed boardwalk view. I most likely won't be back again until 2016 for my 25 wedding anniversary -- probably just with DH. Or , perhaps I'll redo my idea of visiting WDW, becasue I really enjoyed meeting up with Lacey and Deena and Gwynne....it would be so nice to do a RCer trip, with just the ladies. Perhaps I will think of looking into the Dis Diva DL trips, because DL may be more my style being that it is smaller.....

I don't know, something changed for me this trip, maybe it's the realization I won't have any more family trips -- but whatever it was, I still love Disney, I just am left with an empty feeling -- is it PDDS?? When I think about how much work it is for a WDW trip, and how exhausted I was, it makes me rethink the whole theme park vacay....and nothing beats the first trip in 2008 when my whole family saw the world for the FIRST time!!! perhaps that's why we all love AKL so very much, it was where the magic started for all of us!

And my DS 20 is now officially needing to start his life, and I feel a bit lost regarding all that too--- he doesn't know what he wants to do or where he wants to go....there are so many changes on the horizon, it makes me feel hollow inside like i'm on the verge of tears all the time the last couple days.
I'm rambling, but I wanted you to know that the POLY is a beautiful resort -- more spread out than I like, but still very pretty. All I can say, is it's best to try it for yourself and reserve judgement for you may love it!! I know I will always love AKL, and BWI is still on my want to try list.

Miss out and about..... our favourite family meal was Teppan Edo -- as always!! loved by all!!! that's another thing I'll have to discuss later -- the ddp -- soooo much food!!!!

I hope this funk goes away soon! I really hate feeling all weepy and disoriented TTYL
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #2504
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Candace Yes, I remember those long ago days that forged a RCer sisterhood and kinship over our rollercoaster reservations at the POLY I am so glad I stayed and was able to experience it for myself I think much of the reason why I didn't adore it was because so much of our time was run, run, run......falling into bed exhausted around 1 or 2 pm.

I just wrote a long reply...and poof! I seemed to have lost half the words -- so I'll try and recap my thoughts again! ;P

As I think back...... I am very glad I tried the resort for myself. I won't say that I'll never be back-- I can see it being wonderful with perhaps a split stay for the MK area resorts then moving over to an Epcot resort to finish things up. I actually tried doing that -- moving to BWI, but they only had 1 of the nights I needed available , so staying put at the POLY made much better sense. The rooms where dark, especially my first room (the garden view room where I had the bug issue/ and broken bed (3522 Hawaii)....when we where moved to the Theme Park View room, it literally seemed like a completely different room! (3512 Hawaii) it felt much brighter being lagoon side, and we really enjoyed that room. I would pay again to have a theme park room, I think it is worth being on the lagoon side of the longhouse! I am excited to see what the room rehab brings to the resort!

The only other resort I have a inkling to try still is BWI DLX CL for that guaranteed boardwalk view. I most likely won't be back again until 2016 for my 25 wedding anniversary -- probably just with DH. Or , perhaps I'll redo my idea of visiting WDW, becasue I really enjoyed meeting up with Lacey and Deena and Gwynne....it would be so nice to do a RCer trip, with just the ladies. Perhaps I will think of looking into the Dis Diva DL trips, because DL may be more my style being that it is smaller.....

I don't know, something changed for me this trip, maybe it's the realization I won't have any more family trips -- but whatever it was, I still love Disney, I just am left with an empty feeling -- is it PDDS?? When I think about how much work it is for a WDW trip, and how exhausted I was, it makes me rethink the whole theme park vacay....and nothing beats the first trip in 2008 when my whole family saw the world for the FIRST time!!! perhaps that's why we all love AKL so very much, it was where the magic started for all of us!

And my DS 20 is now officially needing to start his life, and I feel a bit lost regarding all that too--- he doesn't know what he wants to do or where he wants to go....there are so many changes on the horizon, it makes me feel hollow inside like i'm on the verge of tears all the time the last couple days.
I'm rambling, but I wanted you to know that the POLY is a beautiful resort -- more spread out than I like, but still very pretty. All I can say, is it's best to try it for yourself and reserve judgement for you may love it!! I know I will always love AKL, and BWI is still on my want to try list.

Miss out and about..... our favourite family meal was Teppan Edo -- as always!! loved by all!!! that's another thing I'll have to discuss later -- the ddp -- soooo much food!!!!

I hope this funk goes away soon! I really hate feeling all weepy and disoriented TTYL
Aw Marie...I am sorry you are so sad. Sending you lots of hugs . It really is hard coming home, and going back to a busy and ever changing real life. You planned the best trip possible for everyone, and now you have to give yourself time to rest and let your body recover! I am sorry you didn't love the Poly, but I can totally relate to that first resort family stay holding a special place in your heart.

BTW we love love loved Teppan Edo too!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #2505
basketlacey
DIS Veteran
 
basketlacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,416

Miss E - so sorry about the cancelled January trip! Hopefully you can book something else soon!

Marie - big hugs that you are feeling blue! I am definitely suffering from PDD! Dh said to dd one day when I was being cranky (I know its hard to imagine ) - I think Mom likes planning these trips more than taking them

Seriously you should have rented the scooter! It would have made your trip more enjoyable!

So, I am itching to book my next one (see comment above ). I am thinking BWI for our couples trip for food and wine next October. And maybe a quick trip to AoA in February for our long weekend break? I need to wait until I get the girls' dance competition schedule this weekend. But dh has already said I can take the kids and both grandmas. I really want to try a Cars suite. I don't think we would get much use of SAB in February so it would be a good time to try it. Surely my spoiled kids won't mind staying at a value, right?
__________________
me dh dd15 ds13 dd10

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: