Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #2476
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey ladies! Welcome back to all the recent trippers! From a quick skim it looks like everyone had a blast!

I know I've been MIA but I'm back on the grid to begin planning. I just randomly snagged RT air for $150pp for a New Years Eve trip so I am in full planning mode with no idea where to begin.

Anyone want to help? I'm thinking split for sure with 12/30-1/2 somewhere not so stinking expensive like maybe an AOA suite or 2 connecting value rooms? I only really know a lot about the deluxes so this is totally new territory for me Then probably an Epcot Resort for 1/2-1/7 with the code that comes out tomorrow. No CL this time, it's not in the budget if I want to do a summer trip too (which of course, I do )

So whaddya think? Where should we ring in the new year? For full disclosure I doubt we are brave enough to do a park on 12/31.
We were there last year from 12/27 to 1/6 and are going to be there again this year 12/29 yo 1/12. We did not go into any park for NYE. It is a beautiful day, we slept in spent time by the pool and relaxed. The parks close to new guests due to crowd capacity late morning. You can't leave and re-enter, so staying in is commitment. EPCOT shows the fireworks twice, the first time at 8 PM I believe, we went over and watched them from the Boardwalk, couldn't hear but we could see! I think if you are game go for it! We are flying in NYE and will arrive about noon. Obviously no parks for us. We were there for rope drop at the MK the next morning and my DD and I were in the first doom buggy on the HM, over favorite ride in 2012! That was fun! Can't really help with a resort suggestion, however the festive atmosphere should be great anywhere! Good luck with the discounts, I will also be checking tomorrow morning!

Welcome home to our returning RC family! It sounds like everyone had a good time at WDW. Marie, we are all anxiously awaiting the bug story!

pas, don't do it, don't book the GF. You know I love it there, but with the construction at the courtyard pool, Gaspirillas, Sandy Cove and the DVC it is just everywhere. All you see out any window is walls and cranes. I would really suggest you wait until it is done. Stay strong, it will be glorious when completed!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #2477
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Back to the grind

We had a GREAT trip. We loved the Beach Club so much. My kids (who have been on this kick to stay somewhere different each trip) begged me to book BC for next time! Then they said we could maybe do YC! They loved loved loved the location and the pool.

I had a great meetup with Deena, Marie and Ginny! You guys will love this - my ds11, couldn't believe I was meeting up with people I met on the internet! He thought for sure I was going to be kidnapped and thrown into Friendship lake. So, for the rest of the trip, he referred to you as the "terrorists". It was said in a joking manner of course but dh and I thought it was hysterical!

I think I am caught up here! Pas - keep the POLY! MM - love the change. Melissa - good luck with your surgery, glad you could keep the trip. Jenny - woohoo on the adult plans!

Where has Heather been? I wanted to tell her how much we LOVED the pirates league!

]
Disney trips:6/2003: All Star Movies;11/2005: Offsite - Vacation Home;10/2009: Offsite - Vacation Home;11/2010: Port Orleans Riverside;11/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge;10/2012 - Beach Club; 10/2013 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas; 2/2014 - Fort Wilderness/Disney Cruise/Contemporary; 4/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #2478
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
We were there last year from 12/27 to 1/6 and are going to be there again this year 12/29 yo 1/12. We did not go into any park for NYE. It is a beautiful day, we slept in spent time by the pool and relaxed. The parks close to new guests due to crowd capacity late morning. You can't leave and re-enter, so staying in is commitment. EPCOT shows the fireworks twice, the first time at 8 PM I believe, we went over and watched them from the Boardwalk, couldn't hear but we could see! I think if you are game go for it! We are flying in NYE and will arrive about noon. Obviously no parks for us. We were there for rope drop at the MK the next morning and my DD and I were in the first doom buggy on the HM, over favorite ride in 2012! That was fun! Can't really help with a resort suggestion, however the festive atmosphere should be great anywhere! Good luck with the discounts, I will also be checking tomorrow morning!
That sounds like an amazing trip! I would love to surprise the kids and leave the day after Christmas but we would have to come back before school starts back up which means we would fight crazy crowds.

]
Disney trips:6/2003: All Star Movies;11/2005: Offsite - Vacation Home;10/2009: Offsite - Vacation Home;11/2010: Port Orleans Riverside;11/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge;10/2012 - Beach Club; 10/2013 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas; 2/2014 - Fort Wilderness/Disney Cruise/Contemporary; 4/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #2479
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies! I've missed so much, don't know where to begin... all 'round...

Melissa: Yikes about the surgery... 5 weeks to heal for Disney-pro? No problemo!

Happy Belated Thanksgivings to our Canadian Ladies!

Jen: Thanks for the Hotel Transylvania review! Are you going to take them to see Frankenweenie? Happy 2,000th!

Glad to see that Marie, Ginny, Lacey and I_Heart are back! Also happy to see that our Padawans wasn't taken off by the Creature from the Human-Stew-Lagoon...

Ginny: Your trip sounded absolutely LOVELY! If our January trip happens, we're going to have to make it a point to go check out Raglan Road.

Pas: I really shouldn't be surprised that I missed a change, should I? So, it's currently at the Poly?! Has the lil' one come 'round to the idea of glasses yet? Little kids have the cutest glasses nowadays. They've come a LONG way since I was little ... well that was so long ago, we just used monocles or bottoms of Coke bottles. (I forgot to reply with something from last week when I was discussing possibly changing from September to another time of year, either November or April -- hubs' birthday is at the end of October.)

Nor should I be surprised about any changes from our Candace either, of course! You're back at the YC, now?! I like either of your two finalists: YC or WL. Just don't throw a complete unknown into the mix or I won't know how to react!

````````````````````````````````````

Haven't heard back from my mom after she had the "bomb dropped on her" from my dad -- asking her not to come and stay home with him. Needless to say, she was not pleased. Now I'm just waiting to see if my brother will still make it, if not, we'll just switch our plans... maybe go in April for Miss M's birthday or something.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #2480
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pas, don't do it, don't book the GF. You know I love it there, but with the construction at the courtyard pool, Gaspirillas, Sandy Cove and the DVC it is just everywhere. All you see out any window is walls and cranes. I would really suggest you wait until it is done. Stay strong, it will be glorious when completed!
Thanks Sarah When I mentioned it to HRH and got her reaction it stopped me...but the Grand she calls to me....but for Summer I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I had a great meetup with Deena, Marie and Ginny! You guys will love this - my ds11, couldn't believe I was meeting up with people I met on the internet! He thought for sure I was going to be kidnapped and thrown into Friendship lake. So, for the rest of the trip, he referred to you as the "terrorists". It was said in a joking manner of course but dh and I thought it was hysterical!

I think I am caught up here! Pas - keep the POLY! MM - love the change. Melissa - good luck with your surgery, glad you could keep the trip. Jenny - woohoo on the adult plans!

Where has Heather been? I wanted to tell her how much we LOVED the pirates league!
About DS, my DH was the same way when I went to meet with Janet & Sarah...after I came home he was fine...that and I came home with cookies

Heather updates her TR on the weekends, mostly, so best bet to leave a PM for her maybe...her & stepdisney are such busy bees...

Iam still at the Poly...and I hope my Princesses get their flower necklaces (as they call them) at check in...I really think that's why they want the Poly
Quote:
That sounds like an amazing trip! I would love to surprise the kids and leave the day after Christmas but we would have to come back before school starts back up which means we would fight crazy crowds.
That does sound like the coolest trip ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Pas: I really shouldn't be surprised that I missed a change, should I? So, it's currently at the Poly?! Has the lil' one come 'round to the idea of glasses yet? Little kids have the cutest glasses nowadays. They've come a LONG way since I was little ... well that was so long ago, we just used monocles or bottoms of Coke bottles. (I forgot to reply with something from last week when I was discussing possibly changing from September to another time of year, either November or April -- hubs' birthday is at the end of October.)

Haven't heard back from my mom after she had the "bomb dropped on her" from my dad -- asking her not to come and stay home with him. Needless to say, she was not pleased. Now I'm just waiting to see if my brother will still make it, if not, we'll just switch our plans... maybe go in April for Miss M's birthday or something.
April is best should you need to change....Miss Ms birthday, beautiful weather, and you won't have to wait so long

We took DS4 for the glasses..... not good...yeah we'll try again in a few weeks...

So the plans are..arrival at Pop around 830pm ish....grab a King cupcake....walk around...maybe check out AoA...hit the bed. In the morning Epcot..then check in a Poly for 2 glorious nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MVMCP & Tomorrowland Terrace Firework Dessert party on November 15th

I've updated my TR, and the link in my signature...FINALLY

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*

Last edited by pas130; 10-09-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added TR link
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #2481
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
That's awesome

For NYE...honestly, I'd look to do Swolphin....this way you can party on the Boardwalk at least....OR I would save the value for the end of the trip and blow the budget on a deluxe for NYE..more activities/festivities esp. since you aren't doing the parks that day....how about WL and ring the New Year in with Sarah???
I think we're going to skip a rental this time and do ME so the swolphin is out. I would LOVE to do WL but it totally kills my budget. Maybe the cabins though. Easy walk over to the lodge to check out the pretty decorations and plenty to do around the fort itself. We could even do fireworks from the beach!

Quote:
That sounds amazing! I would be game for doing something on NYE but I think DD1 would freak and ruin everyone's time and my boys don't like to do anything without the whole family.

I think I'm leaning towards the fort (keep that a secret from KOOK will ya? ). If I do, maybe I can walk or boat over and meet up with you sometime

Quote:
Back to the grind

We had a GREAT trip. We loved the Beach Club so much. My kids (who have been on this kick to stay somewhere different each trip) begged me to book BC for next time! Then they said we could maybe do YC! They loved loved loved the location and the pool.

Terrorists! The BC is awesome. I'm glad the kiddos approve

Missoutandabout your quote got eaten Rescheduling for Miss M's b-day sounds good if this one doesn't pan out! April is F&G and perfect weather

Quote:
Thanks Sarah When I mentioned it to HRH and got her reaction it stopped me...but the Grand she calls to me....but for Summer I suppose

About DS, my DH was the same way when I went to meet with Janet & Sarah...after I came home he was fine...that and I came home with cookies

Heather updates her TR on the weekends, mostly, so best bet to leave a PM for her maybe...her & stepdisney are such busy bees...

Iam still at the Poly...and I hope my Princesses get their flower necklaces (as they call them) at check in...I really think that's why they want the Poly

That does sound like the coolest trip ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April is best should you need to change....Miss Ms birthday, beautiful weather, and you won't have to wait so long

We took DS4 for the glasses..... not good...yeah we'll try again in a few weeks...

So the plans are..arrival at Pop around 830pm ish....grab a King cupcake....walk around...maybe check out AoA...hit the bed. In the morning Epcot..then check in a Poly for 2 glorious nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MVMCP & Tomorrowland Terrace Firework Dessert party on November 15th

I've updated my TR, and the link in my signature...FINALLY
Sounds like a great plan! Good luck getting DS in glasses. I need to get my DS6 into the eye doctor. I've been seeing him squint for the past few days and I never noticed that before.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 10-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #2482
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we're going to skip a rental this time and do ME so the swolphin is out. I would LOVE to do WL but it totally kills my budget. Maybe the cabins though. Easy walk over to the lodge to check out the pretty decorations and plenty to do around the fort itself. We could even do fireworks from the beach!

That sounds amazing! I would be game for doing something on NYE but I think DD1 would freak and ruin everyone's time and my boys don't like to do anything without the whole family.

I think I'm leaning towards the fort (keep that a secret from KOOK will ya? ). If I do, maybe I can walk or boat over and meet up with you sometime

Terrorists! The BC is awesome. I'm glad the kiddos approve

Missoutandabout your quote got eaten Rescheduling for Miss M's b-day sounds good if this one doesn't pan out! April is F&G and perfect weather

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck getting DS in glasses. I need to get my DS6 into the eye doctor. I've been seeing him squint for the past few days and I never noticed that before.
Good luck keeping a secret from the Queen of the Wilderness She has kooky senses (like spidey senses) she knows when her name is mentioned FWC sounds great! Then you and DH have your own space to chill

The only kiddo ever to squint and complain about his eyes is DS11...and the only one who didn't need specs

The eye doc said eye strain, that he needed more breaks inbetween reading, computer, ds games. like every 30 min, he would take a 10 minute break! It worked!!!!!! We have a great kiddo eye doc..we are famous in the office When I took DS4 I said, this is the final Pas

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #2483
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck keeping a secret from the Queen of the Wilderness She has kooky senses (like spidey senses) she knows when her name is mentioned FWC sounds great! Then you and DH have your own space to chill

The only kiddo ever to squint and complain about his eyes is DS11...and the only one who didn't need specs

The eye doc said eye strain, that he needed more breaks inbetween reading, computer, ds games. like every 30 min, he would take a 10 minute break! It worked!!!!!! We have a great kiddo eye doc..we are famous in the office When I took DS4 I said, this is the final Pas
That's good to know. I'll try it with DS and I would not be surprised if it is the same with him. He always has his nose buried in a book or his DS.

Of course the eye doc loves you. Besides having wonderful children, you probably also helped buy him a sports car or a WDW vacay or something with all those appts!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 10-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #2484
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not .... or if it will help anyone but Southwest has a sale of 40% off. Travel dates are 11-28 thru 12-12 and then 1-7 thru 2-14.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #2485
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Back to the grind

Hi Lacey!! DS is funny.... you can tell him my DH had the same worries, LOL...he told my DS 20 (Josh) to make sure he watched out for us, LOL ..... he didn't want me murdered on vacation and have to read about it in the newspaper,
Fortunately, I had no worries because I knew how special my RCer family was!! I only had 1 regret, that I couldn't stay and talk to you all longer! With my oldest DS not feeling well, we went back to the room after our meet up, and I only wish I had more free time, as this trip was jam packed to the hilt.

I am feeling weepy and down for some reason.....and it's not from missing WDW, as I've definitely had my fill of WDW for awhile, I need to keep it fresh and exciting, and I am seriously considering my next trip may be to DL because I haven't been back in over 22 years....and lots is new. I love WDW, but it's so spread out and by day 4, I was wishing I could rent one of those scooters as I was in so much pain from the plantar facitis/ tendonitis flaring up in my ankles and feet! I kept plugging along though and made it through....good side to all that walking, I only gained about 2.5 lbs, and alot of that was probably water weight..... I promise to try and sit down and write a report of my trip as soon as things settle down a little...I want to share so much with you all! I am a little overwhelmed at the moment though with sadness from, I don't quite know what -- and getting into work this AM, to find out my partner has quite, so that means full time for me again until they find someone to replace her -- her last day is Friday! I hate full time, so this will be some busy days ahead of me, I am guessing!

I know you are all dying to know how I loved the POLY..... well, we did like it....but shocker -- did not fall in love with it -- my boys still love AKL the best!! and as of now, so do I! I just love the compactness of AKL and Club Level can't be beat there! the busses are all nice and compact, with stops easily accessible right outside the door. I found the POLY to be while convenient, a tad more spread out than I like. I hate getting lost! and I always felt myself turned around, learning a new resort is quite the task thankfully I had my boys to remind me which way to go on more than one occassion.....And Laundry, yes, I am one of those who has to do laundry a few times on holidays. I LOVE the AKL laundry room....so convenient and comfy. While POLY's had me hiking half way across God's green acre,
I hate hauling bags of laundry through pathways to a different longhouse!
so little things just didn't make the POLY my favourite.....definitely liked the CM's in CL and the room was nice -- after we got out of the broken bed/ bug infested one!!! I swear I got bed bug bites, along with my cockroach friend!
I will admit, they where quick to address their error (apologize for not having our bed fixed in a timely manner -- and upgraded us to a Theme Park View room still on CL). It was a beautiful view. Sadly I didn't get to enjoy it much as I was busy from dawn until midnight/ 2am most evenings!!! I would have loved to have seen the fireworks from my room once!!! but it wasn't meant to be......
well, I gotta run for now (am at work and it's getting a bit busy) but I'll catch you all up some more later!
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #2486
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I'm just going to say that I hate it when the Disney website is down and I can't play around with numbers. It's one of my favorite hobbies!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #2487
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Welcome back home everyone! I love how you're all running full speed ahead planning your next WDW getaway. Some of you (umm, pas...) have many great plans and it's lots of fun seeing them evolve

Quote:
What was that? I'm actually all for FW, armadillos and all. BUT, there is one particular sweet gal who has it out for FW and just might have a small problem with your staying there. For purposes of internet anonymity she goes by Jungle Cruiser, but we all know who she really is. Now that she knows what you're up to, she'll be poking fun at you for wanting to use an outhouse and catching your own dinner and fetching your own water from the well, she's merciless.

Quote:

You are too funny, Jeanette, but I can lurk with the best of 'em.

Ten minute breaks from the DS? This is unheard of and might be child cruelty; please get him a DSI XL...
Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #2488
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm just going to say that I hate it when the Disney website is down and I can't play around with numbers. It's one of my favorite hobbies!!!
Can't you still call them? Pas would.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #2489
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not .... or if it will help anyone but Southwest has a sale of 40% off. Travel dates are 11-28 thru 12-12 and then 1-7 thru 2-14.
Promocode: BIGDEAL40

Have been encouraging Janet to take advantage of the sale and book her January flights - fingers crossed.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #2490
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Miss - I should just go ahead and book CR TPV to get a total out of you!!! Too bad the stupid system is down!!!

Lacey - Glad you had a great stay at BC!!! I really am looking forward to staying at YC, if I can manage to stay booked there!!!
DH really has had enough of me and my trip changing at this point. I asked him over the weekend if we should go ahead and just switch to a mod (POR RR) because then our trip would already be paid off...he told me that "I've booked what I've booked and I need to suck it up and pay for it"
He does not want to stay in a spread out moderate, and doesn't want a value for 11 days, so there it is...the CL stays too, because that makes breakfast easier, especially at Epcot resorts...

Marie - Glad you made it home safely!!!
Well, you did it. You stayed at the Poly. Remember the two of us so long ago finding each other on the Dis because of our conflicted feelings of the Poly??? You got to it first, and hey, even if it's not your favorite, at least you now know! AKL CL for your next trip???

I saw those bites on your ankles on FB, YIKES!!!!
Were you in the sand at all!?!?!? That's concerning!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: