Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #2431
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Um, drinks at SAB while the kids play Doesn't get much easier!!!

You did it!!1

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #2432
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Not helping.....

We love MK too, but spend as much time at Epcot and DHS so YC makes a lot of sense for us. Yes, a bus to MK ..... But we took a bus to EVERYWHERE at values, and had no problems....no biggie.

Of our 10 nights, our itinerary calls for 5 nights at either Epcot or DHS and only 3 nights at MK....so obviously more convenient at YC for that purpose. It'll be nice to walk back after park close while throngs of people are waiting for the bus.

That was one thing at WL that I did not like...the bus stop at Epcot was on the other side of the parking lot, and it always took forever leaving the park, and I remember I kept thinking....ugh, it would be nice to be staying at an Epcot resort right now....

And did you see......NO BREAK??????

Knew that wouldn't last! 2014 will be our budget trip....
When we stayed at YC the MK bus we were the first pick up and drop off!!!! I put a pic on your PTR for inspiration to stay strong...

And yes...the MVMCP is the reason we needed a MK resort!!!

Is it bad that I didn't realize it's almost 2013. ...YAY for no break...I already broke it to DH that we go back to WDW by August 10th (when my AP expires) I keep mentioning BLT or AoA....who knows where we'll endup

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #2433
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Hi everyone! just heading off to bed but wanted to share... Our adults only weekend has been moved to Feb 7-10 at Pop, tentatively, DH said he really doesn't mind not being there for SWW, and that timeframe is covered by the new room only discount that is out I think. Just have to wait until it is released to the public!

Hope you are all having a good night! Wonder how Marie's trip is going??
Yay for an adults only trip!!! We are planning one for October 2013 for F&W. We have never done WDW without kids so I am excited to see how it goes (and hoping my kids don't kill me!). We actually got a taste of kid free EPCOT this year. More on that later......

I saw Marie, Deena and Ginny on Wed night. It was a great meetup! Janet - I'll post pics but it has to wait til I get home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I know she got her parasailing in, and had a fantastic day at Discovery Cove, so those two events weren't ruined by the rain!

I think it has rained, but typical FL rain, you know.

I'm sure she can't wait to report to everyone!!!
It has rained buckets this week! I am used to the quick showers but this has been hours and hours of rain! MNSSHP was practically rained out on Thursday. We ended up having fun the last hour and a half or so but before that, all the shows were cancelled and none of the characters were allowed out because of lightening. Then we got drenched again yesterday at HS. Oh well, I guess $50 in ponchos become one of our souvenirs! :-)

BTW MM ,we are loving BC. My kids have been in SAB everyday (and I am sitting there now!). I'll post more later but I definitely think we will be back here! I think your girls will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv
I'm on my phone, so this will be brief

Happy belated to Sarah!

It was great to meet Lacey, Marie and Ginny on Wednesday!!! Such wonderful ladies!! I snuck off to ASMovies to grab to-go dinner for DH and I afterwards, lol. I was craving the London Broil! I told Marie to hurry back to their upgraded room for fireworks... I hope they made it!

I'm off Sat, Sun, Mon so we have lots of park time planned, and Boma breakfast on Sunday!

Who's next to arrive?? After this weekend, I'm off the next 2 Mondays/Tuesdays!

Missing everyone and missing RCing!
loved meeting you guys, even briefly! Next time, maybe I can come see you at work because I want some makeup and skin are tips!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2

I haven't seen the new pics of WL rooms but would love to. I also wouldn't mind a split stay nor do the kids but DH is less than thrilled with having to move once we are settled. Although, he is outnumbered in our house so if we pushed it, he'd give in . As for my budget, I know the amount I would LIKE to spend but I just feel bad if I go over b/c of the amount of $$ I'll be spending on other things. UGH....I think I am the problem b/c I really can't make up my mind this time.
we aren't splitstayers either. We like to unpack and settle in and I don't want to do that twice. I think I just like to be lazy on vacation! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Okay so now that I have moved our Feb trip to Jan, I have lost our BoG dinner resie Of course there is no dinner availability for the 4 nts we are there, so hopefully something will open up or we will at least do lunch one day there.

But I am staring at my Jan dates and at a loss for ADR's or even a plan of attack for meals. I guess since we have never stayed for more than a night or two I really don't know what to expect from our days either. And for us Floridians it will probably be too cold to swim so not really planning on pool time.

Let me back up by saying that our Oct and Dec plans already look similar to each other so I am trying to change it up but I don't know how. We have a LTT lunch and a TE dinner booked for each of those trips. Keep in mind, no character meals, no overly loud or musically themed meals as well due to DS. And we aren't really breakfast people so I am not worried about that at all.

Do I even try to plan this out or just go with the flow

Melissa
we LOVED LTT. Seriously, it was one of our best meals this trip. I can't believe we almost skipped it!

Today is our last day :-(. I wish it didn't go so fast!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #2434
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130

Yes HRH has spoken....all changes must be approved by her

Candace~YC is beautiful...having stayed in both..I'd do WL hands down....

BUT I'm more of a MK gal...being able to walk to Epcot was the coolest (OK I was pushed in a wheelchair) The CMs there were very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130

When we stayed at YC the MK bus we were the first pick up and drop off!!!! I put a pic on your PTR for inspiration to stay strong...

And yes...the MVMCP is the reason we needed a MK resort!!!

Is it bad that I didn't realize it's almost 2013. ...YAY for no break...I already broke it to DH that we go back to WDW by August 10th (when my AP expires) I keep mentioning BLT or AoA....who knows where we'll endup
I thought we would take a break from family trips next year too but I am not sure we will there is so much new stuff that will be open!

We loved the walk to EPCOT but I think I would have preferred park hoppers!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #2435
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE

The heat is killer that time of year for sure, living down here, we go from A/C home, to A/C car, to A/C building, so I totally support the interior corridors and everything being in one building. I hope everyone likes the updated WL rooms and agrees to it!

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!!!
Melissa[/QUOTE]

So we went from no split stays (DH not a fan), to maybe a split stay, to a definite maybe split stay...I knew we could shake him down . We are now thinking moderate 3 nts. (still between CSR & POR RGR) & 6 nts. deluxe (between WL & AKL). Everyone liked the new rooms @ WL too but then my oldest DD had to mention AKL so now we are going back & forth again...the saga continues!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #2436
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Mommyrosa!

So DH and I have pushed our trip back again to May! I think I need a Date changers thread too! So this is what it is looking like for is for 2013

May 16-19 SWW Pop Century (ADULTS ONLY!!!)

Oh yeah made some changes to the cruise too....

Nov 16 - 21 POR
Nov 21 - 24 3 night dream cruise

Ah, it just feels better now. Yes that's it...better....

Did I mention I am obsessed!!!???!?!??

Soon I can change my siggie....little DD 3 will be turning 4 on Halloween!!! My baby...how could this happen???
Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #2437
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mommyrosa!

So DH and I have pushed our trip back again to May! I think I need a Date changers thread too! So this is what it is looking like for is for 2013

Nov 16 - 21 POR

Soon I can change my siggie....little DD 3 will be turning 4 on Halloween!!! My baby...how could this happen???
No no I take the cake on changing dates

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #2438
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2
So we went from no split stays (DH not a fan), to maybe a split stay, to a definite maybe split stay...I knew we could shake him down . We are now thinking moderate 3 nts. (still between CSR & POR RGR) & 6 nts. deluxe (between WL & AKL). Everyone liked the new rooms @ WL too but then my oldest DD had to mention AKL so now we are going back & forth again...the saga continues!
So glad you at least have the beginning of a plan and were able to convince DH to do a split stay. We were originally booked at POR RR for one of our trips, but in all my changing I upgraded us. DD says she stills wants the "fireworks" room but I think she'll get over it I haven't considered AKL for is but that is only because of the location.

Quote:
Hi Mommyrosa!

Nov 16 - 21 POR

Crazy that the little ones get big so fast!!!! Not sure how that happens

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #2439
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Mommyrosa!

Nov 16 - 21 POR

Sounds great!!!! I miss DH and my adult trips to Disney!!! But I don't think we could go without the kiddos...the guilt would KILL me!!!

We will have plenty of time when the kids are older to go by ourselves and I'm grateful that we were able to Disney alone a few times before the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So glad you at least have the beginning of a plan and were able to convince DH to do a split stay. We were originally booked at POR RR for one of our trips, but in all my changing I upgraded us. DD says she stills wants the "fireworks" room but I think she'll get over it I haven't considered AKL for is but that is only because of the location.

Crazy that the little ones get big so fast!!!! Not sure how that happens

Yeah....my little one turns 6 next month!!!!!

I'll be the mom of an 8 and 6 year old.....how??!??!? Why?!?!?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #2440
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I know...it really is quite shocking when I think of myself as a mother sometimes! Still! DD8 helped me make thanksgiving dinner today....we had to eat it early so my twin brother and my niece could be here too. But she did a great job helping...getting so big. They all are.

Side note...DH put together an amazing little video to the song "Good Life" of our trip, and I was showing all my family. My parents loved it, but I felt really badly showing it to my siblings, who have never taken their kids or even been themselves. We weren't trying to show off but it is just hard, I don't know.

I really wish I could share it with you ladies though! You all would get it...I am sure!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #2441
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ok....get ready...about to hit my 2000th post!!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #2442
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Here it is!! With my favorite ladies!

#2000!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #2443
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

#2000!!!
CONGRATS!!!! WOOHOO!!!! So glad your 2000th post was with us!!!! HUGS!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #2444
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

#2000!!!
2000th!!!!.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #2445
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Yeah....my little one turns 6 next month!!!!!

I'll be the mom of an 8 and 6 year old.....how??!??!? Why?!?!?
How do you think I feel.....mom of 19, 9 and 7 year olds!!!! I FEEL OLD!!! And I have no idea where the time has gone

Quote:
I know...it really is quite shocking when I think of myself as a mother sometimes! Still! DD8 helped me make thanksgiving dinner today....we had to eat it early so my twin brother and my niece could be here too. But she did a great job helping...getting so big. They all are.

Side note...DH put together an amazing little video to the song "Good Life" of our trip, and I was showing all my family. My parents loved it, but I felt really badly showing it to my siblings, who have never taken their kids or even been themselves. We weren't trying to show off but it is just hard, I don't know.

I really wish I could share it with you ladies though! You all would get it...I am sure!
So glad you got to have an early Thanksgiving with your brother! When is your actual Thanksgiving this year? I know it usually falls well before ours. I would love to see the video DH made, we need to figure out how to make that happen. You can't feel too bad about sharing your life experiences, I understand why, but you have worked hard and deserve those memories.

------

New dilemma for the day....

I am contemplating booking the Terrace Fireworks dessert party for December. The problem is we could only do it the first night we are there and we will have been up since between 4-5am! Fireworks are at 10pm that night and I just think it will be disastrous if I try to keep them up. But I really love seeing the castle lit up and think it would be fun. Tell me to wait until another trip and that it is not worth paying all that money just to sit with tired cranky kids

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: