Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #2386
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,910

Ok, I have to share because this seems to be contagious.

I just got home from work, and went to check the mail. Upon opening the door, I noticed a large, thick web in the front corner. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large brown spider!!!!!!

Needless to say, the mail is still sitting in the box. I'll be texting DH with a warning...
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #2387
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ok, I have to share because this seems to be contagious.

I just got home from work, and went to check the mail. Upon opening the door, I noticed a large, thick web in the front corner. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large brown spider!!!!!!

Needless to say, the mail is still sitting in the box. I'll be texting DH with a warning...


You're RIGHT, it must be contagious. What is going on with these mailboxes?! Good idea on the texting. Also, since we had rain yesterday... those eyes have finally been washed away. Wonder who's next on the RC Mailbox Visitor list?

Pas: I have changed noffink, because you're doing it all for us! Also, what Linda asked... inquiring minds want to know! Wasn't Bree just fitted for some cutie-patootie specs not too long ago? (Shame we're not closer, we could be the anti-social moms together! )

Melissa: How do you think the kiddo's fared with their pics? Mine did look like a hot mess when I picked her up, as predicted. The only possible saving grace was her pics were taken right after attendance this morning. Shall be interesting to see!
Missoutandabout is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #2388
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post


You're RIGHT, it must be contagious. What is going on with these mailboxes?! Good idea on the texting. Also, since we had rain yesterday... those eyes have finally been washed away. Wonder who's next on the RC Mailbox Visitor list?

Pas: I have changed noffink, because you're doing it all for us! Also, what Linda asked... inquiring minds want to know! Wasn't Bree just fitted for some cutie-patootie specs not too long ago? (Shame we're not closer, we could be the anti-social moms together! )

Melissa: How do you think the kiddo's fared with their pics? Mine did look like a hot mess when I picked her up, as predicted. The only possible saving grace was her pics were taken right after attendance this morning. Shall be interesting to see!
Yes.....who's next???? Ironically, it has been raining here all week, so I think the spider was looking for a dry place to live...

School picture day is always like playing the slots! It can be a jackpot sometimes but most of the time...

I always make them look as great as possible, send them off and cross my fingers.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #2389
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ok, I have to share because this seems to be contagious.

I just got home from work, and went to check the mail. Upon opening the door, I noticed a large, thick web in the front corner. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large brown spider!!!!!!

Needless to say, the mail is still sitting in the box. I'll be texting DH with a warning...
GROSS!!! We have had a few creatures in our mailbox as well, but I think my most terrifying mailbox memory is from when I was a kid, and there was a snake in our mailbox....I didn't get the mail for years after that!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post


Melissa: How do you think the kiddo's fared with their pics? Mine did look like a hot mess when I picked her up, as predicted. The only possible saving grace was her pics were taken right after attendance this morning. Shall be interesting to see!
They didn't look too disheveled, so am hoping the pics came out okay...fingers crossed
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #2390
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

On hold now, with longer than expected wait times of course

DH finally gave me a commitment tonight and said he will just tell the auditor he is going away and to work around it....so what will it be, Jan at YC, Feb at WL, or are we creeping closer to the MK

Hoping a CM picks up soon and I get what I want!
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #2391
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Paid off at noon today, we are now on our way to Indiana
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #2392
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Paid off at noon today, we are now on our way to Indiana
Yay for you!!

Hi everyone! just heading off to bed but wanted to share... Our adults only weekend has been moved to Feb 7-10 at Pop, tentatively, DH said he really doesn't mind not being there for SWW, and that timeframe is covered by the new room only discount that is out I think. Just have to wait until it is released to the public!

He is excited about this and so am I! He may ask my parents if they will watch the girls as he wants to " give me "this Feb adults only trip to Disney for Christmas!
My mom already thinks he's the best dad/husband ever so I doubt they will turn him down! I know kind of sneaky but it's harmless right??

Besides, I think he wants to save SWW to do with the girls, they think all the Star Wars characters are cool!

Hope you are all having a good night! Wonder how Marie's trip is going??
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #2393
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yay for you!!

Hi everyone! just heading off to bed but wanted to share... Our adults only weekend has been moved to Feb 7-10 at Pop, tentatively, DH said he really doesn't mind not being there for SWW, and that timeframe is covered by the new room only discount that is out I think. Just have to wait until it is released to the public!

He is excited about this and so am I! He may ask my parents if they will watch the girls as he wants to " give me "this Feb adults only trip to Disney for Christmas!
My mom already thinks he's the best dad/husband ever so I doubt they will turn him down! I know kind of sneaky but it's harmless right??

Besides, I think he wants to save SWW to do with the girls, they think all the Star Wars characters are cool!

Hope you are all having a good night! Wonder how Marie's trip is going??
Based on her FB posts she is having a great time, despite a battle with a giant palmetto bug that got her an upgrade to a TPV room!

I believe she is at Universal now, probably heading home today or tomorrow.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #2394
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Based on her FB posts she is having a great time, despite a battle with a giant palmetto bug that got her an upgrade to a TPV room!

I believe she is at Universal now, probably heading home today or tomorrow.
I was wondering how her trip was going? Did she say anything about the rain? I know she wasp worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #2395
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I was wondering how her trip was going? Did she say anything about the rain? I know she wasp worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I know she got her parasailing in, and had a fantastic day at Discovery Cove, so those two events weren't ruined by the rain!

I think it has rained, but typical FL rain, you know.

I'm sure she can't wait to report to everyone!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #2396
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I was wondering how her trip was going? Did she say anything about the rain? I know she wasp worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Did the CM ever pick up last night????
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #2397
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Did the CM ever pick up last night????
Thankfully it was only about 30 min hold on the passholder line, I saw reports of people on hold for over an hour last night!

But yes.....

We are booked for Jan 25-29, CR bay lake view!!!!

Considering we do MK and Epcot the most, I think it will be a perfect central location with the monorail!

I sold DH on the size of the room, offered to "downgrade" Dec CR trip to WL, and offered garden wing. He said if we are staying at CR, we are staying on the tower, so there you have it Also said to keep Dec at CR, in the grand scheme of life, $200 isn't going to kill us, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #2398
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal
Paid off at noon today, we are now on our way to Indiana
Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Yay for you!!

Hi everyone! just heading off to bed but wanted to share... Our adults only weekend has been moved to Feb 7-10 at Pop, tentatively, DH said he really doesn't mind not being there for SWW, and that timeframe is covered by the new room only discount that is out I think. Just have to wait until it is released to the public!

He is excited about this and so am I! He may ask my parents if they will watch the girls as he wants to " give me "this Feb adults only trip to Disney for Christmas!
My mom already thinks he's the best dad/husband ever so I doubt they will turn him down! I know kind of sneaky but it's harmless right??

Besides, I think he wants to save SWW to do with the girls, they think all the Star Wars characters are cool!

Hope you are all having a good night! Wonder how Marie's trip is going??
I hope everything works out as planned!!!! It looks like the dates are good thru the beginning of March with just a few blackout dates, so you should be good to go!!! Had we taken the garden wing we would have been there the same dates

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #2399
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well played RC Queen...well played.
I just don't know.....ugh....DH was yapping last night how I shouldn't go in January...blah blah blah... Too close to Christmas....save money....

It didn't end well....but I am not cancelling January...

ANYWHO....I spoke with HRH about a plan to do 1 night at Pop, and then maybe 2 nights CL...and where would she like to stay.... She said POLYNESIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, I am a little scared it is not available
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Sounds like a plan!!!!!!
Time to do some Disney Math...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Is this the Nov trip with the girls or the Jan RC trip????
November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ok, I have to share because this seems to be contagious.

I just got home from work, and went to check the mail. Upon opening the door, I noticed a large, thick web in the front corner. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large brown spider!!!!!!

Needless to say, the mail is still sitting in the box. I'll be texting DH with a warning...
OK I have to reach UP to get my mail....PLEASE don't let it be me...BUT my HRH likes bugs...maybe I'll let her help with the mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Pas: I have changed noffink, because you're doing it all for us! Also, what Linda asked... inquiring minds want to know!Wasn't Bree just fitted for some cutie-patootie specs not too long ago? (Shame we're not closer, we could be the anti-social moms together! )
That would be great if we lived closer!!!!

And yes...my Bree just got specs over the summer... My DS4 is a true tazmanian devil...dunno how this will work out. I was talking with DH, and he overheard and he started crying he doesn't want glasses....flashback to HRH getting glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I always make them look as great as possible, send them off and cross my fingers.
I happy if they pick matching shirt and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
They didn't look too disheveled, so am hoping the pics came out okay...fingers crossed
I am sure the pics are great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Paid off at noon today, we are now on our way to Indiana
Love being paid in full!! Except then I change it and it's all crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone! just heading off to bed but wanted to share... Our adults only weekend has been moved to Feb 7-10 at Pop, tentatively, DH said he really doesn't mind not being there for SWW, and that timeframe is covered by the new room only discount that is out I think. Just have to wait until it is released to the public!

He is excited about this and so am I! He may ask my parents if they will watch the girls as he wants to " give me "this Feb adults only trip to Disney for Christmas!
My mom already thinks he's the best dad/husband ever so I doubt they will turn him down! I know kind of sneaky but it's harmless right??

Besides, I think he wants to save SWW to do with the girls, they think all the Star Wars characters are cool!

Hope you are all having a good night! Wonder how Marie's trip is going??
Oh!!!I hope it all works out...time to do some couple ADRs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Based on her FB posts she is having a great time, despite a battle with a giant palmetto bug that got her an upgrade to a TPV room!

I believe she is at Universal now, probably heading home today or tomorrow.
Upgrade YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I know she got her parasailing in, and had a fantastic day at Discovery Cove, so those two events weren't ruined by the rain!



I'm sure she can't wait to report to everyone!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Thankfully it was only about 30 min hold on the passholder line, I saw reports of people on hold for over an hour last night!

But yes.....

We are booked for Jan 25-29, CR bay lake view!!!!
That BLV is Ugh...time to price it out AGAIN
__________________

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #2400
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,910

Why does Disney have so many wonderful choices? Especially for us with commitment issues?
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: