Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #196
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

RC 2012 & Jan 2013 Trips

Mousemommy now thru 7/25 WL CL

Disneydreamin 8/5 - 8/17 Poly CL

Pas 8/9 - 8/12 WL Honeymoon Suite

I Heart the Mouse 8/14 - 8/18 Poly TPV CL 8/18 - 8/21 BC CL

Stepdisney 8/15 - 8/25 PHB & YC

Kook 8/18 - 8/22 YC CL 8/22 - 9/1 WL CL

Janet 8/19 - 8/25 POP

LuvLuvLuv on 8/30 is moving to just outside WDW!!!

Jennyjinx 9/12 - 9/21 Poly

Missoutandabout 9/17 - 9/23 POR/BC CL

Jungle Cruiser 9/17 - 9/28 BC CL

pas130 9/28 - 10/1 BC CL

Chimo2U 9/28-10/4 Poly CL & 10/4-10/7 HRH CL (US)

Amandaw 9/28-9/30 POFQ & 9/30-10/7 OKW

Basketlacey 10/2 - 10/8 BC

Gwynne 10/3 - 10/8 YC CL

pixarmom 10/6 -10/9 BC/CR

Grumpy Grandma 10/14 - 10/26 BWV, AKV, VWL & OKW

Padawans 10/20 - 10/30 WL or BC

Sjs 11/28 - 12/3 BWI

Padawans 12/13 - 12/19 BWI

Jungle Cruiser 12/31 - 1/13 WL CL

Lillian Gracey 1/6 - 1/10 AoA

RC Trip 1/9 - 1/13 BWI

pixarmom 1/26 - 2/1 Poly/BWI CL
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #197
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all of you lovely ladies!

Sarah: I'm so glad you're healing from your unwanted sidewalk excursion. No more boxing with it, now!

Pas: Oh, how flippin' ADORABLE! She is so pretty -- good job, mommy! Also, tell her one of the RCing Spectacle Experts said her glasses are "very, super stylish."

Dani: Glad to hear you're on the mend. Tick tock, tick tock... getting SO close!

---------------------

Re: the reduced EMH. I agree with Sarah. Although, it doesn't really affect us either. I tend to avoid the parks with EMH anyway. That's a bit backward, isn't it? It will definitely be interesting to see how this will affect the monorail schedule.

I'm just biding my time, trying not to go crazy with our house-guest. 8 days to go until I get my house back and a little privacy again. I'm horrible, aren't I?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #198
amandaw
DIS Veteran

pas: Bree is absolutely adorable!!!

Sarah: Thank you so much for adding our trip to the list. I didn't realize how many of us will be going around the same time!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #199
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

I really want to know the EMH for January. Not like it matters because I'm only going to MK.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #200
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
No you are not. I pass Newark every time I go to work....and I get the same way...WAIT maybe we are both weirdos
Add me to the weirdo list (JC, are you doing one of those, too?)

In the morning, I pass over 95 and I always look at the traffic heading south and wish I was down there heading to FL. I also wonder how many cars down there are heading to WDW (and they all have NJ plates, BTW)

Quote:
I figured it was time to post a Bree pic

YES! It was well overdue! Her glasses rock, but the face they're on is even prettier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning, hope everyone had a great weekend!

I am basically healed from my "face plant". I have an itchy, scabby chin, and am a bit bruised, but have put it behind me. KOOK, you are so right about the parasol! Perhaps I could get one of the cool ones the GF maids carry during the parade of maids!

Is some vaseline on the scab at night alright, Jeanette? I must set the record straight, while I posted the fancy parasol photo, the idea was entirely pas130's. BTW, I love your parade of maids photo - too cute!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #201
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

OMG Bree is GORGEOUS! I think she looks like her mama.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #202
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
OMG Bree is GORGEOUS! I think she looks like her mama.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #203
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I just decided to order the photopass+ CD so I can have all of our photos. I hope we get it. They say to allow 14 days for delivery and we leave in 13(!!!).
Old 07-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #204
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

No Kook, no official weirdo list, but if there was I would be on it

Dani, how are you, the doctor clear you to go back to work? How are the kids, healthy? So excited for you , you are the next to leave.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #205
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So I'm new to the Resort Changers board here, but I am ALWAYS changing my mind...about ADRs, our itinerary, resort, etc. Right now we're booked at CBR for 9/8-9/15 in a pirate room. (DS5, DD16mo, and DH). This was a change from our original POR reservation. Now I'm thinking of upgrading to BC...or 5 nights at CBR and 2 nights at Poly. Thoughts?? Never stayed at CBR or BC before.
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #206
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I'm new to the Resort Changers board here, but I am ALWAYS changing my mind...about ADRs, our itinerary, resort, etc. Right now we're booked at CBR for 9/8-9/15 in a pirate room. (DS5, DD16mo, and DH). This was a change from our original POR reservation. Now I'm thinking of upgrading to BC...or 5 nights at CBR and 2 nights at Poly. Thoughts?? Never stayed at CBR or BC before.

Hello! You'll fit right in here...

I can't offer any advice on CBR but I adore the Beach Club. Your DS would love the pool, I bet. The Poly would be fab too with the lil' one, especially being on the monorail. I'm of no help whatsoever!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #207
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No Kook, no official weirdo list, but if there was I would be on it

Dani, how are you, the doctor clear you to go back to work? How are the kids, healthy? So excited for you , you are the next to leave.
I'm cleared with a referral to a rumatologist to see why I'm always in pain, but it's already been said I probably have fibromyalgia because my mom has it.
Kids are happy and healthy. I took the princess to lunch after the doctor today and there were some stores so I picked up some new sippy cups for our trip. I can't believe we are so close already! Someone from the August FB group said she ordered her FP+ CD last Wednesday and it arrived today so now I'm at ease about that. If all else fails I can fib and say I forgot the package at home. I'm sure since you can buy the package at the World they'd be able to accomodate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Welcome!!! I LOVE CBR! Seriously and I think a CBR/Poly split is PERFECT! Those are 2 of my favorite resorts! You can get away with the 2 full size beds at CBR since your kids are so young. Your DD may be in a pack n play, but I have to plan a bed for mine because there's no way in heck the queen is going to sleep on anything that isn't a bed! I spoiled her as a newborn and now I can't get rid of her!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #208
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DH is still going on and on, why the kiddos need new backpacks every year...uhhh cause they do, like new school shoes
Makes perfect sense! Hmm, got me thinking: perhaps backpacks are the precursor to purse obsession for the girls? Shoe-obsession has no "gateway drug" it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks for the reminder - need to order a couple things for the cruise by the end of the day!
Did you nab any goodies?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Miss: Love the sounds of the Brave backpack....good thing we already have the Minnie ones! Now just need to find one for DD8, she is older you know and needs something different!!
What will DD8 go for, ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I just changed our stroller for the trip...does that count as changing??? LOL! We are going from a double to a single for DD3. Thinking it will be much nicer not to have to push a tank this year!!
Haha, that counts to me!

Hubs is desperately trying to get us to leave our umbrella stroller at home for this hopefully-happening trip. I just don't think our kiddo would have the stamina for all of that walking -- even with taking it slow and taking lots (LOTS) of breaks. So, in the interest of less whining and a more pleasant time for everyone, I've convinced him we could park it at the beginning of each of the "Lands" / areas and reclaim it when we're headed out of that particular area. Not sure if that makes sense or not, but he's always the one pushing so it sounded good to him. (I reminded him about walking to DHS from BC and through the WS -- how long those walks were and how she'd be tired before we got to do anything. He agreed.)

Quote:

jennyjinx and missoutandabout, love the pictures of you costumed up for the MNSSHP!!!
Thank you.

Basketlacey: How'd the room turn out?! I love that sorta stuff!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #209
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Too bad about the dining plan and signatures - we've been using TIW lately, so I sometimes forget about the dining plan structure. Unless something changed recently, Il Mulino and Bluezoo only accept TIW and not DP. Boo!

Our favorite one-credits in World Showcase are probably Via Napoli and Chef's de France. Our two older boys currently identify Chef's as their favorite restaurant in Epcot. I'm also coming back around to San Angel Inn, because I think it's improved since La Hacienda appeared. I like both. For our quick MNSSHP trip, we have ADRs for Via, Chef's and San Angel. Between those three, I think it just depends on which menu you prefer. We just love dinners in World Showcase, Illuminations and a stroll around the Boardwalk in the evening. Then you'll usually find my husband at the B&C take-out ordering chocolate malts for boys who should already be sleeping!

P.S. Not living there anymore, but grew up in NoVa!
We do love Chef's de France. We can totally scrap Captain's Grille and go to WS for dinner. It's just a short walk.

I grew up on the Jersey Shore. (Fist Pumpin') LOL We had some of the best Italian food ever (evah). We like it here

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #210
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
So here's what I have booked....

BC SV CL with 35% off...9/28-10/1 $1250ish
RPR CL with 40% off same dates $670

Are you seeing my dilemma...so HRH wants 1 night BC/2 nts RPR. Problem is the US discount has a 3 nt. minimum...so

Plan A~ RPR, Mears to hotel & back (or rental car so I can do the MNSSHP)
Plan B just stay BC

So since I can't decide...I am keeping both reservations

I got a mailer for May too, but the discount ended May 20 (right before our trip) How can I say no to 200 bucks for a CL room!!!

It's typical me, working too much. And using up all my energy and reserve for my babies...I will make it up to him at Disney!!!!
Okay you sound a lot like me earlier. We decided on 3 nights at PBH (or is it R) only because Hard rock was booked solid. We stayed at RPR last year. The rooms are small but we LOVED the hotel and my DS's both loved the pool at night. I've been hanging out on the transportation thread trying to figure out car rental info. There are some GREAT deals for Alamo rentals. We were able to rent a car for 1 week (7 full days) for $79 full sized. We like to rent a car so that we can get to Disney early and we can go on a grocery run. We will turn the car in at the Dolphin and take the ME when we finally check out of the YC.

Oh, I gave up on getting a room at CR and switched back to YC last night. I was afraid that if I waited too close to time to go, I would lose any chances of booking a regular room (no CL) especially since there is a new room discount out now.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: