Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #1831
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Very cool, thank you!!! My MIL will be returning from her cruise and coming to us that day so maybe I will just go to the museum all by myself ALL day don't you feel the love for my MIL? LOL!

It seems you rate your MIL right up there with where I rate mine.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #1832
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Oh where oh where is our Jen??? The celebrations must be in full swing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Thanks for the great advice, Janet!! I didn't even think of just adding on a day on the 1st of OCT for the boys....will see how they feel after DC, if they want to hang with us gals in DTD, or go off on their own to Epcot...that's a brilliant idea!!! I think I am going to forgo the PHer this time....there's only one or 2 times I can see using it, and I don't think I'll be up to extra park hopping, I'd much prefer using any down time for my resort! I'm paying to stay at the POLY, I might as well get some use out of the ammenities!!
You are so welcome Marie!! We have had a few years experience with using MYW base tix .... which is why we planned our days just like you are doing. On those hard tix event days we sometimes have gone to a park in the AM, for a few attractions before returning to the resort to rest a bit before getting ready for the event party ... we did this very thing in 2009 before the halloween party ... just a thought for those boys if they decide not to be cabana boys for the day ....

And agree that you will want to use any down time to enjoy the Poly and that punch!

You have put together a fabulous trip that will certainly be memorable for you all ... now you can sit back and relax ... your day is almost here!

Life is GOOD.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #1833
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne

Too funny!
Isn't it nice now and then to go to a place like a museum and just enjoy it the way you want to? Take your time, no hurry. You plan sounds lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

It seems you rate your MIL right up there with where I rate mine.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!

Still nothing from Jen yet????? I am sure they are caught up in the moment and all the excitement!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #1834
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

We're going to run outta popcorn at this rate! What about cupcakes, maybe we should start on the cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!
Perhaps you and I should let our MILs hang out together whilst we go to the museums? Sounds like a nicer plan all around.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #1835
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Oh, finally remembered what I came here to post... other than to check for any Jinx Extravaganza updates, of course.

Just did our Online Check In for the first part of our trip.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #1836
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
We're going to run outta popcorn at this rate! What about cupcakes, maybe we should start on the cupcakes?

Perhaps you and I should let our MILs hang out together whilst we go to the museums? Sounds like a nicer plan all around.
I'm always down for cupcakes!!!

I'm sure Jen and the family are excitedly getting themselves ready for their trip!!! Unlike my girls, whom DH and I just made sit down and watch the 9/11 footage. I think they think it was a movie, even though we kept telling them it was real.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #1837
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!!! We are here in our Buffalo Holiday Inn room...right next to the airport! The girls were so happy ... I can't even really put it into words how it felt witnessing their pure innocent happiness. Our oldest kept saying "you are kidding right??? Is it really true?? " when they saw their shirts.

When DH and I took off our sweaters to show them we had ours too, they knew it was real. They screamed, cried and pretty well wore themselves out by the time we got to the border.

And now...we wait for tomorrow! Thanks for waiting patiently everyone!

Jen
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #1838
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone!!! We are here in our Buffalo Holiday Inn room...right next to the airport! The girls were so happy ... I can't even really put it into words how it felt witnessing their pure innocent happiness. Our oldest kept saying "you are kidding right??? Is it really true?? " when they saw their shirts.

When DH and I took off our sweaters to show them we had ours too, they knew it was real. They screamed, cried and pretty well wore themselves out by the time we got to the border.

Jen
Oh, Jen, how wonderful!! Is there a photo or two to share? SO happy tomorrow is Mouse day!! Thanks for checking in! Safe travels and have an absolutely Magical vacation!!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #1839
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, Jen, how wonderful!! Is there a photo or two to share? SO happy tomorrow is Mouse day!! Thanks for checking in! Safe travels and have an absolutely Magical vacation!!
Yes, a photo of all 4 of you in your shirts!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #1840
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jen
Wonderful!!! Thanks for checking in! . Safe travels tomorrow!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #1841
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jen
Best. Update. Ever! Awwwww, that is so COOL! Like was already said, safe travels tomorrow... you guys are almost there!

Meanwhile, we need some cupcakes... Can we virtually make some Starring Rolls cupcakes appear? (please, someone keep me away from that thread! )
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #1842
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Jen - so glad the girls were ecstatic!!!! Just think you are one step closer by crossing the border. Safe travels tomorrow!!!!

So I was thinking today that I need to start packing for our long weekend. And it dawned on me that I need to pack differently than I usually pack for Disney. It is usually just clothes for the next day and toiletries. This time I need to pack bathing suits, flip flops, etc! Have I mentioned I am excited for Stormalong Bay and my new way of "doing" Disney

Oh and I am so in for the cupcakes!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #1843
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Jen
How exciting , the shirts looked great . Have a wonderful time and safe travels.

Cynthia
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1844
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Jen
How exciting, I'm happy the surprise worked the way you had hoped The shirts looked great. Have a wonderful time and safe travels !!

Cynthia
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #1845
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jen
Hi Jen!! Welcome to the USA!! .... by any chance did you guys stop by the Anchor bar for some buffalo wings tonight??

If not, plenty of good eats here you are heading.... safe travels tomorrow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh, finally remembered what I came here to post... other than to check for any Jinx Extravaganza updates, of course.

Just did our Online Check In for the first part of our trip.
for online checkin!!

Melissa and Miss .... too funny about your MILs ....

And guys ... how bout the KING cupcake??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: