Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #166
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
It was meant to be! I like to get them from the Disney store because they have the matching lunch bag. I'm super lame like that.

The sores are a little better today. I'm taking Advil every 4 hours to help with the pain and I eat Italian ice when the pain gets bad. That seems to alleviate it for a while.

I got 3 of our tickets today! (I ordered them all separately because I get $3 back per order. I have 2 more tickets to receive) I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO DISNEY!!!
I hope you feel better very soon! You are so close now!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #167
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Iheartthemouse: LOL about the feigning death thing!! How is your DS's nose???
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #168
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
pas I am always getting deals for lowes but I don't think I got that one, have to go check I think that would make me change to PBR
So here's what I have booked....

BC SV CL with 35% off...9/28-10/1 $1250ish
RPR CL with 40% off same dates $670

Are you seeing my dilemma...so HRH wants 1 night BC/2 nts RPR. Problem is the US discount has a 3 nt. minimum...so

Plan A~ RPR, Mears to hotel & back (or rental car so I can do the MNSSHP)
Plan B just stay BC

So since I can't decide...I am keeping both reservations

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
That's a nice discount, Sheila! If I wasn't already getting an amazing manager deal for our HRH room ( free upgrade to CL and a deluxe queen room) at $159 per night! --- I'd be looking for that pin too!!!
I got a mailer for May too, but the discount ended May 20 (right before our trip) How can I say no to 200 bucks for a CL room!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hope you and DH got it all out ... and that you feel better.
It's typical me, working too much. And using up all my energy and reserve for my babies...I will make it up to him at Disney!!!!

Glad you arrived safely, and glad it's beautiful out there. Give Sam a hug from me and tell her to enjoy her BFF time

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes and kind words everyone. It looks like boss of the freakin century isn't paying me AGAIN. What the french toast? When exactly do I qualify for sick time if this doesn't do it either? I'm really getting fed up.
Glad you are starting to feel better at least...Soon you'll be at "Hawaii" I was fortunate enough to have it when we came home from our trip. Nothing in my mouth. But my hands and feet were on fire. Walking, writing OUCH! Work was unbearable! Slurpees are pretty good too BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

We want JC smiling as much as possible, so I hope it worked. I love your parasol idea - perfect!!

I hope she is too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Pas: It sure is a hard balance trying to give enough attention to everyone. Our DH's kind of get left out sometime, and they find such interesting ways to tell us don't they???
Yep, they do! And I wan't in the mood to deal with it! He wants me to NOT work so much, but we need the money and he knows it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, it's official...We were discussing our April 2013 trip and where to stay (the girls would like AoA) but DH said he can't imagine staying anywhere but WL. He LOVES it, and he hasn't felt that way about anywhere we've stayed....so DD8 suggested a split stay for April (5 nights AoA, and 5 nights WL)...so we are thinking we might do that.

Oh, and we hung out at BC today...it was nice, but loud and busy...we actually preferred the WL...who knew????
That's GREAT Candace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
OMG 3 WEEKS and 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks are our new "unofficial" RC symbol.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
Look at what I have started.
I think it's cool. We can get t-shirts with OB and a huge !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Pas, that must have been amazing ON Halloween! And some of the candy is chocolate? Yay! I have a feeling our tweedle dum is going to fall asleep before midnight. But carrying him back to CR could be tough because his costume has a big hoop around the tummy!

Sorry about the conversation with your husband last night - I get it.
Nestles chocolote bars...YUMMY! You do not want to know the visual I have of you getting DS back to CR with the hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Okay, completing my syllabus today for fall (booooooooo) but, if I get that done, I will start my PTR tomorrow. I will need to commit to Sanaa by then...
Yeah!!!! PTR!!!!

Quote:
Almost forgot! With some help from my mom and grandmother, I found my orange Disney cup!

I miss those!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
here it is..
You and your family are ADORABLE my dear!!!!

missoutandaboutLOVED the pic as well...my multiquote lost my reply to you....GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (note the exclamations)

Quote:
It was meant to be! I like to get them from the Disney store because they have the matching lunch bag. I'm super lame like that.
Me too! And ther's a sale! We have Cinderella for Bree, and Meridia for Kate...HRH had to be different and want Hello Kitty

Happy Saturday for anyone I missed (christine I think I forgot to click on yours....sorry) & IHTM~ how is DS doing??? I'm at work. Did 1 job, no jobs last night....1 more night to go, I have taken the garbage out, cleaned the ambulance, and scrubbed all the counters done...now what???

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #169
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in & say "Hello!" to everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm loving all of the pictures - the orange cup & backpack are both so cute!

And jenny, I love the family picture from MNSSHP! Y'all look super cute all dressed! Your girls are adorable!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #170
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't post an update about DS.

He is doing remarkably well! The surgery itself only took about 20 minutes and the day after he was right back to his normal fiesty self. I kinda wish he felt worse because it's so hard to keep him from being too active. I can take his splint off tomorrow so I finally get to see the results!

Thanks again to all you ladies for helping me to see that surgery was the best choice! I am so glad I decided to have it done now.

pas - that RPR rate sounds very tempting.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #171
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone!

It's been a crazy weekend here. Youngest dd is turning 8 this week. We are redoing her room for bday gift. So we sent her to my brother's yesterday and extreme makeover begins! Her walls are now green and pink (and the doors are locked). We have zebra bedding and accessories that are going on the wall. We are completely redoing the way the furniture was arranged. I am so excited to reveal it later in the week.

Jenny - your family looks adorable at MNSSHP! Love the girls in their princess attire!

We found a tote bag just like that polka dot backpack. So cute!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 07-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #172
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Good Sunday Morning to all!

This morning saw some park news, thought I would share...maybe I missed it and it has already been posted, if so, sorry for the repeat!

From CM Cheshire Figment:
In 2013 Disney will cut back evening EMH from 3 hours to 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
Here is the information from the internal calendar:

Sunday - MK PM
Monday - AK AM and HS PM
Tuesday - EC AM
Wednesday - AK AM
Thursday - MK AM
Friday - EC PM
Saturday - HS AM
Jenny, your family is just too cute!!!

Dani, I am so sorry you have such a terrible virus - kind of sounds like thrush. Yuck! Do hope you feel better very soon.

pas, The Sept mother/daughter trip is back on! So happy for you and HRH!

Sheila, did you recieve a post card pin code? Fantastic!! Hope it includes your dates!!

Must run...hope everyone has a delightful Sunday!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #173
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon to all!

Hope your weekends have been fine?

Jenny: Loooooooove the pic! Such a gorgeous family. I'm such a sucker for Halloween pics too, thanks for sharing it with us!

Pixar: Oh MY! I had one of those orange cups -- I remember those!

I_Heart: Glad to hear about DS doing well.

-----------------

You guys are a bad influence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( <--- See what I did there?) Just got kiddo the Brave backpack along with the matching lunch bag on Disneystore.com since they're running the 25% off sale.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #174
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that what I thought was a crazy acne breakout, isn't acne. The bad news is that it's this stupid virus making me look like a pubescent grease ball! In all seriousness though, the sore throat is clearing up and I scammed my parents into buying me ice to alleviate the pain in my mouth. I'm not feeling too terrible.
Dani, I missed this post last time. Yay for no acne and boo for all the yuckiness the virus is causing. Get well soon!

Quote:
o love going to SA back in the day. I don't know what it is about the ambience, but I have such a soft spot for it. The last few trips we haven't gone back. We tried LH last summer and I wasn't impressed with their limited menu. If you've found SA has improved, then I would give it another try. The last time we were there the service was poor and the meals rather meh. I'd love to go back to the 'old' SA again.

And, we last tried CdF years ago and it wasn't memorable. The service was indifferent, (much like eating in France)! I think I will also give it another try if your kids love it.
KOOK, same here with SAI. Previously, it was the old memories. Then the food was not-so-good. But the tostada appetizer was great in April - I ordered that instead of an entree and really enjoyed it. I asked for (and waited for) a table by the water. I'm so glad I waited because it was just our youngest and me, and he fell asleep two minutes after his food arrived. He snuggled in my lap while ate my dinner, drank my drink and watched the boats go by. An unexpected and wonderful Disney memory!

Hope you get better service at Chef's - if he's there, ask for Nicholas - he was new there in April and we loved him!

Jennyjinx, sorry about the Nova Scotia plan not working out. LOVE your MNSSHP photos (and the random guy on the left!) Great costumes and your girls are adorable. And cute Minnie bag - my husband and the boys bought me the grown-up version - a Minnie daypack from Harveys' seatbelt bags - I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
He is doing remarkably well! The surgery itself only took about 20 minutes and the day after he was right back to his normal fiesty self. I kinda wish he felt worse because it's so hard to keep him from being too active. I can take his splint off tomorrow so I finally get to see the results!
Glad to hear it went well - I know how that goes with a little one who is supposed to be taking it easy, but cannot! Hope it goes well tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Morning everyone!
It's been a crazy weekend here. Youngest dd is turning 8 this week. We are redoing her room for bday gift. So we sent her to my brother's yesterday and extreme makeover begins! Her walls are now green and pink (and the doors are locked).
Happy Birthday to your daughter! Sounds like a great room makeover - if I were 8, I'd want green and pink, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
You guys are a bad influence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( <--- See what I did there?) Just got kiddo the Brave backpack along with the matching lunch bag on Disneystore.com since they're running the 25% off sale.
Thanks for the reminder - need to order a couple things for the cruise by the end of the day!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #175
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Pas, need I even post it? Probably not, but here goes! I suggest keeping the BC reservation.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 07-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #176
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom: Thanks for the lovely words about the fam! Ok, so how did I miss you are doing an Alaska cruise??? I sooo want to hear about it! We want to do this one, and maybe rebook on our cruise next year for it if they are still offering it!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #177
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Just wanted to pop in & say "Hello!" to everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Hi Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Thanks again to all you ladies for helping me to see that surgery was the best choice! I am so glad I decided to have it done now.

pas - that RPR rate sounds very tempting.
I am glad DS is doing well. Kids just don't know when they are supposed to take it easy, do they!

I know RPR calls.....

Quote:
I am so excited to reveal it later in the week.
The big reveal...just like Extreme Makeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
pas, The Sept mother/daughter trip is back on! So happy for you and HRH!
I am working on it....working hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
My DH is still going on and on, why the kiddos need new backpacks every year...uhhh cause they do, like new school shoes

Quote:
Pas, need I even post it? Probably not, but here goes! I suggest keeping the BC reservation.
I know....I keep thinking she wants WDW, but now she is back on a despicable me kick. Much will depend on the budget I think

How are you feeling sis?????

Old 07-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #178
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
So here's what I have booked....

BC SV CL with 35% off...9/28-10/1 $1250ish
RPR CL with 40% off same dates $670

Are you seeing my dilemma...so HRH wants 1 night BC/2 nts RPR. Problem is the US discount has a 3 nt. minimum...so

Plan A~ RPR, Mears to hotel & back (or rental car so I can do the MNSSHP)
Plan B just stay BC

So since I can't decide...I am keeping both reservations

I'm at work. Did 1 job, no jobs last night....1 more night to go, I have taken the garbage out, cleaned the ambulance, and scrubbed all the counters done...now what???
This had me LOL - what a great tag that would make!

I think you should keep both reservations - for now. HRH, like Mommy, has been known to change her mind (it's genetic) and she might either see the light about 3 nights US or she and Mommy might just go in another direction entirely. Keep both, until you go in another direction entirely.

Quote:
Morning everyone!

It's been a crazy weekend here. Youngest dd is turning 8 this week. We are redoing her room for bday gift. So we sent her to my brother's yesterday and extreme makeover begins! Her walls are now green and pink (and the doors are locked). We have zebra bedding and accessories that are going on the wall. We are completely redoing the way the furniture was arranged. I am so excited to reveal it later in the week.
Pictures! We want pictures! Can't wait for the big reveal - what a great gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Good Sunday Morning to all!

This morning saw some park news, thought I would share...maybe I missed it and it has already been posted, if so, sorry for the repeat!

From CM Cheshire Figment:
In 2013 Disney will cut back evening EMH from 3 hours to 2 hours.
I saw that and wondered if it meant they would bring back monorail service during PM EMH. Not that we ever do EMH, but I know that many are/were very disappointed with the elimination of monorail service in the evening.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #179
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This had me LOL - what a great tag that would make!

I think you should keep both reservations - for now. HRH, like Mommy, has been known to change her mind (it's genetic) and she might either see the light about 3 nights US or she and Mommy might just go in another direction entirely. Keep both, until you go in another direction entirely.

And about my Sept trip with HRH...I DO plan on keeping both , since RCing is a family affair here

So speaking of RCing.....any ch-ch-changes

Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #180
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Good morning all!

Pas: you win the early morning award this morning!!

Miss: Love the sounds of the Brave backpack....good thing we already have the Minnie ones! Now just need to find one for DD8, she is older you know and needs something different!!

basketlacey: the room sounds lovely!

iheartthemouse: so glad to hear your DS is doing well!!

I just changed our stroller for the trip...does that count as changing??? LOL! We are going from a double to a single for DD3. Thinking it will be much nicer not to have to push a tank this year!!

Have a good day everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: