Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #1741
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Sis.....a family trip with us is in order...we need two rooms anyway.....
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #1742
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ohhhhh I have a dis app...woohoo..sorry ladies finally got a real phone...just need to figure it out LOL
This reminds me of the convo we had at the KKC
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #1743
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
This reminds me of the convo we had at the KKC
True...as I wrote it...I thought about it.... I wouldn't drive ya too nuts.....ugh between Danimal , HRH , and I we'd be booked EVERYWHERE.............
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #1744
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
January trip .... am I correct in thinking it might be when some of your RC family is there!?!?
It's official..DS11 & I are going in January

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Sarah, I just looked at the RCers upcoming trips....I need to update my crazy changes...no doubt I'm a card carryin' RCer.

10/3-10/8-BWI/CL

11/6-11/9 YC/CL


...And to clarify my confusing plans, DD is at BC. Last week she decided she'd really love SAB, if possible. Since BWI and BC are so close, it works out fine.
Her new job=very little vacation time, but we'll have a lots of fun Sat/Sun!
All updated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY!!!
Sorry I'm a day late

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
MY sweetheart made it safe and sound across the pond he said it was an uneventful flight, so that is good! He got no sleep on the plane, so he'll be tired tonight counting down the days until he's home....13 to go!

Miss Out and about: CONGRATS on your green card!!!

PAS: your new fur baby is precious!

LINDA and all our RCer Grandparents: Happy Grandparents day!

I am going to dinner tonight to a tepanyaki restaurant, much like my favourite TEPPAN EDO.....it's called Japanese Village.....celebrating my friends bday. It should be a nice night

have a happy Sunday everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Oh my! I'm a chatty one, aren't I???

Couldn't have my 4000th post anywhere but "home".
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Yeah! Jeanette is Back!

Great that Bree loves Kindergarden and DS 3 now gets Mommy all to himself!

The puppy is so cute now your Family s complete

Hi to everyone else
DS3 Nancy & I are loving this beautiful Monday
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #1745
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
True...as I wrote it...I thought about it.... I wouldn't drive ya too nuts.....ugh between Danimal , HRH , and I we'd be booked EVERYWHERE.............
We are still technically undecided. We say AoA and Poly and then we say what about WL and BC? How about Pop? Then he says...AKL I can't stay there. It's like being in Siberia lol
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #1746
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
We are still technically undecided. We say AoA and Poly and then we say what about WL and BC? How about Pop? Then he says...AKL I can't stay there. It's like being in Siberia lol
If you, janet, and I coordinate dates at least....danimal will have company for the rides!!!!!! and I'll take him to US/IoA with us!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #1747
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Pondering whether I should add CL to the Yacht Club portion of our stay....the upcharge would be $540 for the 5 nights...so, $108/night...however, on that first night, our flight lands at MCO at 8:26 pm, so we probably won't even get to YC until 9:30 or even 10:00, depending on how busy it is...then again, we could end up getting there at 9:00, you just never know!! But, potentially, we would get no benefit out of that first night.

We are planning quite a bit of downtime while at both YC and POLY, so the CL would get some good use....*sigh* decisions, decisions...WWYD??
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #1748
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

So....I almost blew the surprise last night!! I took the picture of our t-shirts on the Ipad and didn;t delete it, DD6 was browsing the pictures last night and saw it!! My DH said her face went from confusion to lit up hope and she said to him "Daddy Daddy look at these!!! What are these shirts???" He said he looked at them and quickly deleted the pic and she grabbed the Ipad and ran off with it to look for it again. When she couldn't find it again she came to me and asked me all about them. It broke my heart but I told her I was just playing around with an APP that lets you place your own name in the picture. Her face just dropped and she said "Oh.....I thought maybe there were for us for real".

Whoo boy...can;t wait for tomorrow!! Finally can tell them! We will get them from school near the end of the day and have the shirts waiting for them on their seats in the van. I tried to talk DH into us wearing ours into the school but he didn't go for it!

I will try and keep updates here when we are there....hey a few minutes of being on the Dis per day never hurt anyone right!!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #1749
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So....I almost blew the surprise last night!! I took the picture of our t-shirts on the Ipad and didn;t delete it, DD6 was browsing the pictures last night and saw it!! My DH said her face went from confusion to lit up hope and she said to him "Daddy Daddy look at these!!! What are these shirts???" He said he looked at them and quickly deleted the pic and she grabbed the Ipad and ran off with it to look for it again. When she couldn't find it again she came to me and asked me all about them. It broke my heart but I told her I was just playing around with an APP that lets you place your own name in the picture. Her face just dropped and she said "Oh.....I thought maybe there were for us for real".

Whoo boy...can;t wait for tomorrow!! Finally can tell them! We will get them from school near the end of the day and have the shirts waiting for them on their seats in the van. I tried to talk DH into us wearing ours into the school but he didn't go for it!

I will try and keep updates here when we are there....hey a few minutes of being on the Dis per day never hurt anyone right!!!
You must be absolutely DYING!!!!

Those girls are going to be sooooooo excited!!! I am happy for them!

I can't wait to hear all about their reaction! Are you going to record it?
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #1750
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Helloooooo ladies! Happy, mellow Mondays all around...
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend? I've missed quite a few pages!
-------------

Pas: Yaaaaay, you're back! Now, we just need to get you to stop playing football, what with you tearing your tendons and all. You always keep us in suspense... good or bad. I'm so glad Bree likes kindergarten! The new furbaby is abso-freakin'-lutely adorable! Have the kiddos gone gaga over her already? (I'm so happy you adopted too -- we got ours from a foster which picked her up from a high-kill shelter in Indiana. She's a total nutso (in a good way) but she's a complete doll.)

MM: You've got me thinking about the Photopass thingamajig. Not sure what we'll do this trip. Might just do what we did last time and only order a couple-few online. Hmmm. How's school going for the kiddos? How's momma holding up?

Janet: Hope the kiddos are more settled this week. DS doing better still than the end of last week? DD's first game is this Friday, right? (Just wanted to mention, we started reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Miss M last night. Hoping it holds her attention.)

Jen: You'd best get packing, girl! Do you need me to fly up there with my packing cubes? I absolutely ADORE those t-shirts! They are going to be so STOKED! How are the girls faring with school?

Kook: Fabulous pics! And I finally get to see our lovely Kook! Gorgeous hair runs in the family apparently.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
miss...CONGRATS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Miss CONGRATS on the Green Card!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Love that you brought the actual child, and not just some made one
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Miss Out and about: CONGRATS on your green card!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So glad to hear that our Miss Packing Cube's DH is officially legal and can go to WDW without worrying about INS locking him up in the utilidor hoosegow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Missoutandabout: Wow! Congrats on the green card!
Thanks so much ladies. One less thing to worry about. At least our flaming hoop-jumping can be confined to once every 10 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hey, no need for those extra packing cubes for those INS folks now, is there Miss??
But I always can find a use for extra packing cubes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Yay for the green card! That's awesome! And I love your new avatar!
Thank you and thank you! Wanted a more Halloweenie-themed avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
missoutandabout, congratulations of your DH's green card. That must be a huge relief to have that done. So, "now that your husband has his green card, what are you going to do?"!!!
... I'm GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! Thanks Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
OMG!!! My DD8 would probably LOVE your DH then! She is obsessed with British accents and will randomly just start using one whenever, and wherever she chooses...we are used to it now, but it throws people off sometimes...she's really good!!!
Love it! Very posh of her! She'll have to teach me. I've seemingly lost my ability at different accents after having lived there for a bit -- except where the MIL is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Missoutandabout OH My maybe its my dusty house that does it. Good excuse not to clean today.
I'll now be using this as my permanent excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Never too much chocolate!!!
... and this will now be one of my life's mottos!



Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Sitting here waiting for a storm to hit and catching up on my reading. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and Jeanette I hope you sure feeling better, we miss our leader
Yikes, hope the storm wasn't too bad.


Dani: Sweeeeet! I'm so happy you're loving the new work location. What was this beautiful perfume she shared with you? (I'm a sucker for new scents.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Missoutandabout:The Fastpass+ test will be fun. Enjoy. We did Dumbo with morning EMH 3 times in a row in August. No lines early. BTMRR and the epecially the Parade sounds really cool.
3 times in a row?! Wow. I need to remember to download our times or the test will be wasted on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
MY sweetheart made it safe and sound across the pond he said it was an uneventful flight, so that is good! He got no sleep on the plane, so he'll be tired tonight counting down the days until he's home....13 to go!
Yay! I hope the weather is kind to him during his stay. Whereabouts will he be visiting? I can so sympathise with the no-sleeping thing. I'm such a zombie on the other end, I'm always surprised they let me in the country.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Oh my! I'm a chatty one, aren't I???
Couldn't have my 4000th post anywhere but "home".
Holy Chatta-Moly! Happy 4k!
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #1751
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So....I almost blew the surprise last night!! I took the picture of our t-shirts on the Ipad and didn;t delete it, DD6 was browsing the pictures last night and saw it!! My DH said her face went from confusion to lit up hope and she said to him "Daddy Daddy look at these!!! What are these shirts???" He said he looked at them and quickly deleted the pic and she grabbed the Ipad and ran off with it to look for it again. When she couldn't find it again she came to me and asked me all about them. It broke my heart but I told her I was just playing around with an APP that lets you place your own name in the picture. Her face just dropped and she said "Oh.....I thought maybe there were for us for real".

Whoo boy...can;t wait for tomorrow!! Finally can tell them! We will get them from school near the end of the day and have the shirts waiting for them on their seats in the van. I tried to talk DH into us wearing ours into the school but he didn't go for it!

I will try and keep updates here when we are there....hey a few minutes of being on the Dis per day never hurt anyone right!!!
Whooooooooooooooooooooooa, quick thinkin' momma! Hahahaha If I ever need a spur-of-the-moment excuse, I'm coming to you!

They are going to be flippin' ecstatic tomorrow! (That sounds just like my hubs, I wouldn't have been able to talk him into wearing it to school either.)
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #1752
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Pondering whether I should add CL to the Yacht Club portion of our stay....the upcharge would be $540 for the 5 nights...so, $108/night...however, on that first night, our flight lands at MCO at 8:26 pm, so we probably won't even get to YC until 9:30 or even 10:00, depending on how busy it is...then again, we could end up getting there at 9:00, you just never know!! But, potentially, we would get no benefit out of that first night.

We are planning quite a bit of downtime while at both YC and POLY, so the CL would get some good use....*sigh* decisions, decisions...WWYD??

Howdy, MM,
Well, you probably know what I would recommend. If you can get YC/CL with the discount, I think that's a great deal!
And the benefit of the first night, we've debated that at our house, as well, too.
The one really nice thing about that is when you arrive, your room is ready. You can relax, get some sleep, and then you wake up ready to go at WDW, first thing. Wander down to the lounge, get some breakfast, (those lounge breakfasts are time savers) and away you go, off to the parks, SAB, or whatever you wish. You have the entire day to enjoy at WDW.
Whatever you decide, I think your YC/Poly split sounds like a great plan!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #1753
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Helloooooo ladies! Happy, mellow Mondays all around...
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend? I've missed quite a few pages!
-------------

Pas: Yaaaaay, you're back! Now, we just need to get you to stop playing football, what with you tearing your tendons and all. You always keep us in suspense... good or bad. I'm so glad Bree likes kindergarten! The new furbaby is abso-freakin'-lutely adorable! Have the kiddos gone gaga over her already? (I'm so happy you adopted too -- we got ours from a foster which picked her up from a high-kill shelter in Indiana. She's a total nutso (in a good way) but she's a complete doll.)

MM: You've got me thinking about the Photopass thingamajig. Not sure what we'll do this trip. Might just do what we did last time and only order a couple-few online. Hmmm. How's school going for the kiddos? How's momma holding up?

Janet: Hope the kiddos are more settled this week. DS doing better still than the end of last week? DD's first game is this Friday, right? (Just wanted to mention, we started reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to Miss M last night. Hoping it holds her attention.)

Jen: You'd best get packing, girl! Do you need me to fly up there with my packing cubes? I absolutely ADORE those t-shirts! They are going to be so STOKED! How are the girls faring with school?

Kook: Fabulous pics! And I finally get to see our lovely Kook! Gorgeous hair runs in the family apparently.













Thanks so much ladies. One less thing to worry about. At least our flaming hoop-jumping can be confined to once every 10 years now.



But I always can find a use for extra packing cubes...



Thank you and thank you! Wanted a more Halloweenie-themed avatar.



... I'm GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! Thanks Sarah!



Love it! Very posh of her! She'll have to teach me. I've seemingly lost my ability at different accents after having lived there for a bit -- except where the MIL is concerned.



I'll now be using this as my permanent excuse.


... and this will now be one of my life's mottos!





Yikes, hope the storm wasn't too bad.


Dani: Sweeeeet! I'm so happy you're loving the new work location. What was this beautiful perfume she shared with you? (I'm a sucker for new scents.)




3 times in a row?! Wow. I need to remember to download our times or the test will be wasted on us.



Yay! I hope the weather is kind to him during his stay. Whereabouts will he be visiting? I can so sympathise with the no-sleeping thing. I'm such a zombie on the other end, I'm always surprised they let me in the country.




Holy Chatta-Moly! Happy 4k!
The kids are loving school so far!!! I still can't believe I've got a 3rd grader and Kindergartner...

But, as long as they are happy and learning, Momma is happy.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #1754
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So....I almost blew the surprise last night!! I took the picture of our t-shirts on the Ipad and didn;t delete it, DD6 was browsing the pictures last night and saw it!! My DH said her face went from confusion to lit up hope and she said to him "Daddy Daddy look at these!!! What are these shirts???" He said he looked at them and quickly deleted the pic and she grabbed the Ipad and ran off with it to look for it again. When she couldn't find it again she came to me and asked me all about them. It broke my heart but I told her I was just playing around with an APP that lets you place your own name in the picture. Her face just dropped and she said "Oh.....I thought maybe there were for us for real".

Whoo boy...can;t wait for tomorrow!! Finally can tell them! We will get them from school near the end of the day and have the shirts waiting for them on their seats in the van. I tried to talk DH into us wearing ours into the school but he didn't go for it!

I will try and keep updates here when we are there....hey a few minutes of being on the Dis per day never hurt anyone right!!!
Yikes! That was some fast thinkin'.
Can't wait to hear what they say when they find out tomorrow!!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #1755
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Howdy, MM,
Well, you probably know what I would recommend. If you can get YC/CL with the discount, I think that's a great deal!
And the benefit of the first night, we've debated that at our house, as well, too.
The one really nice thing about that is when you arrive, your room is ready. You can relax, get some sleep, and then you wake up ready to go at WDW, first thing. Wander down to the lounge, get some breakfast, (those lounge breakfasts are time savers) and away you go, off to the parks, SAB, or whatever you wish. You have the entire day to enjoy at WDW.
Whatever you decide, I think your YC/Poly split sounds like a great plan!
Yes, and I really think the lounge at YC would be a benefit, especially for breakfast, given the lack of QS options.....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: