Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #1636
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Any word on poor Jeanette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Nice to see you back!

Gosh, I totally missed Jeanette and Janet's news Big hugs for both of you!
Sorry we missed each other. I think we arrived the day before you left. Did you get any amazing upgrades this trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
kook welcome back .... we missed you!
Missed you and all your 'grumpiness', too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Kook! It's kooktastic to see ya back on the boards. You've had a busy summer!
I have been stopping by the BWI thread, reading up before our stay.
I hear you're a soon-to-be grandma again?! We expect pictures soon! Nice having you over on the BWI thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Kook Can't wait to read your report! We haven’t beenHto WL in years and are looking forward to our Feb trip there! I also havent been to CR since I was little but looking forward to our quick trip in Dec. I know you were at BLT but I am curious to read your thoughts.

Have a great evening everyone!
Melissa
We've stayed at CR many times, so if you have any questions, fire away!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #1637
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

i_heart hmmm, I wonder how Dumbo will work with DS’s GAC card, maybe we just wont use it so we can experience the queue. Glad to know of another A/C spot to “relax”. DH LOVES Carousel of Progress just so we can cool off and he can get quick nap

Have a great evening everyone!
Melissa
Sorry, no idea on how the GAC works at the new Dumbo. I would just talk with the CM at the entrance. He shouldn't have to miss out on the fun and I bet they have a good solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sorry we missed each other. I think we arrived the day before you left. Did you get any amazing upgrades this trip?
No upgrades. We had to slum it in regular old TPV CL. No worries on missing each other. I'm glad you had another great WL trip!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #1638
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

jenny we are definitely on for our meet before your dinner at CMC on the 20th?! I thought I would come down to the lobby, try to snag a couch in one of the alcoves and wait for whenever you guys all get there. It's great people watching and the couches are comfy! Does that sound like a plan? If I remember correctly you said you were bringing your iPad, so I thought I could email you our room number when we check-in, so if something changes you can call the room. AND Happy Anniversay !!!

missoutandabout, I think today's is your husbands interview. Thinking good thoughts , hope it goes well, then your thoughts can turn to WDW!

Grumpy Grandma, that's great your daughter is all settled. She must be relieved to be moved! How's the furbaby?

melissa, when are you going to be at WDW and where are you staying? We are 9/17 to 9/28 CL BC. It would be great to meet if we are there at the same time.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #1639
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

sssshhh it's my birthday!! (shameless plug for myself!)

Sarah: the plans sound great!!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1640
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Smile A quick note abour our Fearless Leader ....

Pas’s ankle is recovering well …. She’s been dealing with the usual stress of back to school, doctor appts, working, being a mom ….

She wanted me to pass along that she misses everyone and hopes to be back on line real soon.

Jeanette ... we love you and can't wait to have you back!!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #1641
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
sssshhh it's my birthday!! (shameless plug for myself!)

Sarah: the plans sound great!!
HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!!

And how many years young are we now???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #1642
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas’s ankle is recovering well …. She’s been dealing with the usual stress of back to school, doctor appts, working, being a mom ….

She wanted me to pass along that she misses everyone and hopes to be back on line real soon.

Janet, thanks so much for the update!

Jeanette, Take care of yourself, and I hope your ankle is gradually feeling better. Looking forward to when you are back on the board, you are missed!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1643
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Jenny, Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

TY Kook
Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #1644
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Minnie&Nana,
I wanted to say hi, thinking of you. Sending good thoughts your way.

TY Kook
Old 09-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #1645
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Jenny! Hope it is a great day!

Kook - welcome home!

Melissa - no air booked yet! Lol. I am checking everyday but feeling ok about driving if it doesn't work out.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #1646
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Jenny! I hope you will celebrate in WDW, next week!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #1647
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!!

And how many years young are we now???

ahem...37 years old ...I mean young!!

And thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1648
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Melissa: Another meet up sounds good....what did you have in mind?? Or where??
15 we are at AK, dinner at Boma, 16 Epcot and DD, 17 MK, BBB and dinner CRT!
First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Looks like we are on opposite schedules, our mornings are at Epcot the 15th, DHS on the 16th, and AK on the 17th. Afternoon will hopefully be spent at SAB and then evenings at MK. Maybe on your way to or from Epcot on Sunday, if we are already out of DHS and back at YC I could probably sneak in through the IG and meet for a quick hello Sunday afternoon

Quote:
We've stayed at CR many times, so if you have any questions, fire away!
I think I am okay right now, but am sure I will think of things as we get closer. I did request a room far from CM as DS is on the autism spectrum and has issues with noise (which is why we wont be dining at CM ) but other than that I didn't request anything else.

Quote:
Sorry, no idea on how the GAC works at the new Dumbo. I would just talk with the CM at the entrance. He shouldn't have to miss out on the fun and I bet they have a good solution!
Yeah we will just talk to the CM and figure out the best way to handle it. We are excited for the new queue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
melissa, when are you going to be at WDW and where are you staying? We are 9/17 to 9/28 CL BC. It would be great to meet if we are there at the same time.
We will be at YC from the 15-17th, just a long weekend for us. We usually check out, head to AK for a half day and then start the drive home. What time are you arriving on the 17th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! I know we were all worrying! Let her know we are sending her lots of HUGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Happy birthday Jenny! Hope it is a great day!

Melissa - no air booked yet! Lol. I am checking everyday but feeling ok about driving if it doesn't work out.
If you haven't already, sign up for Airfare watchdog. They send emails when ever your requested route drops in price. I am still getting them for our now canceled trip to the Turks and Caicos and used them for NY and BOS previously. Good luck!

-----------------------------

Well our Oct trip that was in question and then finally "set in stone" may be up for grabs again When we started our Dinsey planning a couple months ago, we had originally booked for 4 nts the first weekend in November, but then realized that it was DH's partner's wife's 40th bday and we needed to move that trip around which lead to more shorter trips. Well I got a call this morning from DH's partner that they may have to do the party (which will be a surprise and HUGE event) on the last weekend of Oct, of course the weekend I moved my Oct trip to. I know the YC is already booked that first weekend of Nov, so looks like if I have to move my dates, I have to move my resort as well. UGH! I give up

Also got an invite for dinner tonight from the wife I mentioned above for her mom's bday. Not really in the mood to go out, but really should, so I begrudgingly accept to find out that dinner will be at 9pm

Need to get through homework with the kids, make everyone else dinner, (try to sneak in a nap), and get myself dolled up to go out. I am going to NEED some caffeine this afternoon

Hope everyone is having a happy Thursday
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #1649
Janet B
DIS Veteran

First, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jenny!!!

Hi to Ginny & Sarah, and all others I've missed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Okay, back from my Evil Ron Weasley Torture Session. (Need to get plenty of these in so I can have my copious amounts of sweet / fattening things whilst on vacation. Vacation calories don't count anyway, or so I've been told.
Miss ... this always cracks me up ... Ron MUST be under the imperius curse by you-know-who!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Sorry she had a less-than-stellar first day back. Hopefully her friend'll come around and the grey clouds will lift for the rest of the week. I am glad she likes her teachers and she's in BAND! Is this her first year for marching band?When we were out at Michigan State, Miss M and I sat down and watched the marching band practicing; I sat there mesmerized (in a non-creepy way, at least I hope). Loved it!
Yes, first year in Marching band, it starts in 9th grade ....can't wait to see the first game in less than 2 weeks!! Somehow, i am thinking will it look like the march of the wooden soldiers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I think I have finally recovered from the move .... all my hard work was worth it .... all of her friends are amazed that all the boxes are unpacked and all the pictures hung up! Super mom and dad to the rescue!!!
That's our amazing GG!! Wonder Woman!!

Quote:
JanetB thanks for the wise words about DD's and their friends in school, it helps to have a different perspective from someone who has been there. I agree it will help them to learn how to roll with life.
No problem, anytime ... waiting to hear from my DD, she was going to confront her "friend" today to figure out what is his problem!!

Quote:
We got home late Thursday night after driving 14 hours from WL and Friday morning DD had her freshman orientation. Yesterday was her first day of high school and so far all is well, but you know how quickly that can change with a 13-year-old

In doing some quick scans recently, I noticed two disturbing RC items: Dearest Jeanette has broken her ankle and Dearest Janet's DS was involved in a very scary auto accident. (If there are other disturbing items I missed, please apprise me).

Janet, give your DS another big hug for all of us .
Welcome back Kook!! : Happy that you DD has started off well in HS. And thanks for the good wishes for my DS ... he is coming along.

Quote:
Gosh, I totally missed Jeanette and Janet's news Big hugs for both of you!
Thanks Iheart It was scary but we were fortunate.

Quote:
Good evening ladies…got a bottle of wine and my laptop and ready to catch up I don’t know why my days slip away from me so fast but it seems like between errands, carline, and homework, my day is over in the blink of an eye.
hmmmm .... maybe the wine aids in doing so??

Quote:
Janet Hope DD settles in and her BFF does as well. I cringe thinking about DD’s teen days. DS was so mellow and so easy, but I know the drama is coming!
Girls are born drama queens aren't they?? Thanks, she seems to be holding up okay!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #1650
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I got my airline tix!!!!!

I am definitely doing the happy dance! I got them for $236 each which is about $100 less per ticket than I was contemplating! I am so excited. Now, I have to call and add a day to my ressies - oops! Lol

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: