Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #151
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Almost forgot! With some help from my mom and grandmother, I found my orange Disney cup!

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 07-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #152
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

So glad Janet landed and is safe!

I just want to say that I can do on-line check-in in just 5 more days! OMG time needs to slow down because I'm already sad that my trip is going to end soon. How crazy is that?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #153
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

I do! I do! We usually go into World Showcase for dinner as most of our favorites are there, but if we're doing a non-park ADR, I really like Yachtsman, Bluezoo and Il Mulino. We do like Flying Fish, but our server was not the friendliest on our last visit. In recent experience, the other three have been more child-friendly. And ESPN is fun, but not as much of a quiet break as the other TS in the area.
We would love to do Yachtsman but we are on the dining plan and want a one-credit dining. We have never dined in the Swan nor the Dolphin. Are they on the plan? I thought about going to WS at Epcot. What do you suggest there?

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 07-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #154
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I just want to say that I can do on-line check-in in just 5 more days! OMG time needs to slow down because I'm already sad that my trip is going to end soon. How crazy is that?
Dani, I get it! But still very excited for you! Just go easy on me when you come back with glowing reports of Poly CL, since I'll have to wait for it until after the January refurb.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Old 07-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #155
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
We would love to do Yachtsman but we are on the dining plan and want a one-credit dining. We have never dined in the Swan nor the Dolphin. Are they on the plan? I thought about going to WS at Epcot. What do you suggest there?
We love Chefs de France. I know Tutto Italia and Via Nappoli get good reviews, but as an Italian NYer we never eat Italian on vacation. We have it too much at home.

Quote:
Dani, I get it! But still very excited for you! Just go easy on me when you come back with glowing reports of Poly CL, since I'll have to wait for it until after the January refurb.
Thanks! I will be live reporting, but IDK if you'll want to read it! I'm sure the wait will be well worth it though. I can't believe they are closing CL for the entire time they refurb Hawaii. You'd think they would just relocate it or something.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #156
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Too bad about the dining plan and signatures - we've been using TIW lately, so I sometimes forget about the dining plan structure. Unless something changed recently, Il Mulino and Bluezoo only accept TIW and not DP. Boo!

Our favorite one-credits in World Showcase are probably Via Napoli and Chef's de France. Our two older boys currently identify Chef's as their favorite restaurant in Epcot. I'm also coming back around to San Angel Inn, because I think it's improved since La Hacienda appeared. I like both. For our quick MNSSHP trip, we have ADRs for Via, Chef's and San Angel. Between those three, I think it just depends on which menu you prefer. We just love dinners in World Showcase, Illuminations and a stroll around the Boardwalk in the evening. Then you'll usually find my husband at the B&C take-out ordering chocolate malts for boys who should already be sleeping!

P.S. Not living there anymore, but grew up in NoVa!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #157
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Almost forgot! With some help from my mom and grandmother, I found my orange Disney cup!

Of course, I lOVE it!! I'm looking forward to buying one in just a month. Thank you for posting it!

Quote:
Our two older boys currently identify Chef's as their favorite restaurant in Epcot. I'm also coming back around to San Angel Inn, because I think it's improved since La Hacienda appeared. I like both. For our quick MNSSHP trip, we have ADRs for Via, Chef's and San Angel. Between those three, I think it just depends on which menu you prefer. We just love dinners in World Showcase, Illuminations and a stroll around the Boardwalk in the evening. Then you'll usually find my husband at the B&C take-out ordering chocolate malts for boys who should already be sleeping!

P.S. Not living there anymore, but grew up in NoVa!
I'm glad you posted about SA and CdF. I used to love going to SA back in the day. I don't know what it is about the ambience, but I have such a soft spot for it. The last few trips we haven't gone back. We tried LH last summer and I wasn't impressed with their limited menu. If you've found SA has improved, then I would give it another try. The last time we were there the service was poor and the meals rather meh. I'd love to go back to the 'old' SA again.

And, we last tried CdF years ago and it wasn't memorable. The service was indifferent, (much like eating in France)! I think I will also give it another try if your kids love it.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #158
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hello all!!

Pixarmom: love the old school orange cup!! I am so getting one of these in Sept!

dani: How are you feeling today?? BTW, I don't have a virus, but have the odd combination lately of grey hairs springing up and acne on my chin. Very attractive.

MM:waiting for another update!

So....DH and I have a little weekend getaway planned Aug 31 - Sept 2. We are flying to Nova Scotia for a wedding with another couple, sans kiddos. Nice!! I am originally from there, and have decided we should go a day early so I can show DH where I grew up, some of the sights of Halifax too. BUT, with the change fees from the airlines, extra night hotel, extra day rental car, extra day of food....we cannot afford it!!! I am sad, I really wanted to do this.

Okay, vent over. We are lucky to be going at all, and the girls will be well looked after by my parents and DH's aunt. So anyway, not sure what the point of the rant was but I feel better.

Hope you all have a good Sunday tomorrow!! Oh BTW we picked up the cutest Minnie Mouse backpacks today for the two younger DD's! I will try and post a pic of it. I want one too!!

Jen
Old 07-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #159
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

here it is..

isn't it just the cutest??
Old 07-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #160
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I like posting pictures!! It is fun! After the talk of the MNSSHP, here is a pic from last year of us. I think the random guy on the left is funny!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #161
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hello all!!

Pixarmom: love the old school orange cup!! I am so getting one of these in Sept!

dani: How are you feeling today?? BTW, I don't have a virus, but have the odd combination lately of grey hairs springing up and acne on my chin. Very attractive.

MM:waiting for another update!

So....DH and I have a little weekend getaway planned Aug 31 - Sept 2. We are flying to Nova Scotia for a wedding with another couple, sans kiddos. Nice!! I am originally from there, and have decided we should go a day early so I can show DH where I grew up, some of the sights of Halifax too. BUT, with the change fees from the airlines, extra night hotel, extra day rental car, extra day of food....we cannot afford it!!! I am sad, I really wanted to do this.

Okay, vent over. We are lucky to be going at all, and the girls will be well looked after by my parents and DH's aunt. So anyway, not sure what the point of the rant was but I feel better.

Hope you all have a good Sunday tomorrow!! Oh BTW we picked up the cutest Minnie Mouse backpacks today for the two younger DD's! I will try and post a pic of it. I want one too!!

Jen
You have a GORGEOUS family! What adorable kids. You look so cute at MNSSHP.

I love the backpack! I need to get a new one for DS for September. I should do it while they are on sale.

I am feeling a little better, just stressed as all get out! At least pencil neck- err, I mean my boss- is on vacation and when he gets back it's MY TURN! I don't have to see that jerk for FOUR WEEKS!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #162
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kind words!! Nice...four weeks! A vacation within a vacation! The backpack is from Walmart....not that your DS would want a Minnie Mouse one anyway! But it was weird, it was the only Disney one in with a bunch of other black ones. A sure sign Disney is calling!

How are the mouth sores? Hopefully they are going away for you.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #163
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks for the kind words!! Nice...four weeks! A vacation within a vacation! The backpack is from Walmart....not that your DS would want a Minnie Mouse one anyway! But it was weird, it was the only Disney one in with a bunch of other black ones. A sure sign Disney is calling!

How are the mouth sores? Hopefully they are going away for you.
It was meant to be! I like to get them from the Disney store because they have the matching lunch bag. I'm super lame like that.

The sores are a little better today. I'm taking Advil every 4 hours to help with the pain and I eat Italian ice when the pain gets bad. That seems to alleviate it for a while.

I got 3 of our tickets today! (I ordered them all separately because I get $3 back per order. I have 2 more tickets to receive) I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO DISNEY!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #164
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
It was meant to be! I like to get them from the Disney store because they have the matching lunch bag. I'm super lame like that.

The sores are a little better today. I'm taking Advil every 4 hours to help with the pain and I eat Italian ice when the pain gets bad. That seems to alleviate it for a while.

I got 3 of our tickets today! (I ordered them all separately because I get $3 back per order. I have 2 more tickets to receive) I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO DISNEY!!!

I hear you on that one!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #165
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

jenny - Love the family pic! Too bad we aren't in the World at the same time. I love when I see a family with 3 girls. I always tell my boys they are their future wives and then try to stifle laughter as they fall on the ground feigning death. Of course your girls are gorgeous, but elementary school boys, ya know?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: