Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #1591
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Jen So glad you had a great weekend away with DH! Dealing with the school and the girls getting older is definitely hard. It is an adjustment for you and for them. Don’t worry about DH thinking you are crazy, we got your back As for the kids not having thier BF's in class, we have been there as well. As a matter of fact DS barely had any friends this year in his class, but he made new friends of course! DD and her BF we were not together this year either, but she barely skipped a beat as she turned to me and said, there are only 2 people I dont know in my class and that is becauase they are new this year. She is my social butterfly and knows everyone. Kids are resilient and I am sure DD will bounce right back!

Candace So out of the blue DD wakes up this morning and says to me that she made her decision and def wants to do her bday again at Disney. She must have felt those New England vibes in her sleep last night You may have to bring down some Parker’s maple syrup for me. Now lets just hope DH and the kids love YC as much as I think they will so I can book it again for April

Happy Monday to everyone else! Enjoy your day!

Melissa
Ooh I hope they do!!!! I'll have to make a New England care package for you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #1592
babyberger
DIS Veteran

How often do you check?

Okay so I was playing around with my Oct reservation and realized if I could manage to get a garden view instead of a water/lagoon view at YC I could save about $130 for the 2 nts, the problem however is that there are only water/lagoon view rooms and higher at both YC and BC for that weekend (as well as many others). Our original weekend sat in a higher rate season so it was only a $40 diff between GV and WV for the weekend that was better for DH so we jumped on it. Do you think I have any chance of a GV or even standard room opening up? How often should I check?

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #1593
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Happy Labor Day to everyone! Big week coming up for lots of families, schools are opening, at least in our area.

Jennyjinx, so glad you and DH has a great weekend. Good luck with school and the girls, they will be fine, it's you waiting at home to find out how things go is the tough part! Now then, single digit dance for you The Polynesian awaits!

missoutandabout, love the luminaries, I am so impressed , and I may just get to see them in person

gwynne, congratulations on being a grandmother again. So exciting

Dani, so happy for you that your work environment has improved. Sorry about the TA restrictions, but maybe that will change.

taraPA, am I correct that you were the one who stayed in a BC deluxe room and helped me with pictures of it months ago?! If so, I requested one of the two rooms with the oversized balconies, fingers crossed!

babyberger, you can always check but there is no answer to the probability of a room becoming available. The fact that it is an EPCOT resort during F&W probably lessens your chance, but hey, you never know!

pas, hope you are feeling better and getting around better! I assume the kids are all going back to school this week?!

janet, I know we chatted but wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you. Hope you had a wonderful family weekend!

To everyone I missed
Old 09-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #1594
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Happy Labor Day to everyone! Big week coming up for lots of families, schools are opening, at least in our area.

Jennyjinx, so glad you and DH has a great weekend. Good luck with school and the girls, they will be fine, it's you waiting at home to find out how things go is the tough part! Now then, single digit dance for you The Polynesian awaits!

missoutandabout, love the luminaries, I am so impressed , and I may just get to see them in person

gwynne, congratulations on being a grandmother again. So exciting

Dani, so happy for you that your work environment has improved. Sorry about the TA restrictions, but maybe that will change.

taraPA, am I correct that you were the one who stayed in a BC deluxe room and helped me with pictures of it months ago?! If so, I requested one of the two rooms with the oversized balconies, fingers crossed!

babyberger, you can always check but there is no answer to the probability of a room becoming available. The fact that it is an EPCOT resort during F&W probably lessens your chance, but hey, you never know!

pas, hope you are feeling better and getting around better! I assume the kids are all going back to school this week?!

janet, I know we chatted but wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you. Hope you had a wonderful family weekend!

To everyone I missed
Gorgeous photo!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #1595
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Can I just start this post with a big whiney "I wanna go back to Disneyyyyy!!!"

Okay, so we go back to school Thursday. Not really looking forward to the early mornings. Now it's back to only "sleeping in" on Sundays (which is only around 9:30 anyway ).

Wednesday we are going to the Rainforest Cafe in Menlo Park. Danimal was saying how sad is he to be missing Disney so much and I mentioned we have a Rainforest Cafe just like the 2 in Disney. He asked if we could go and of course I said yes. Wednesday night kids eat for $1.99, so we will be going to give us some Disney spirit.`
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #1596
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ooh I hope they do!!!! I'll have to make a New England care package for you!!!
OH!! Do I have a list for you!!! Including Van Otis candy and Lobster! I think I will need to send you a big check

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking that too, but maybe I will get lucky, I'll just keep checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Can I just start this post with a big whiney "I wanna go back to Disneyyyyy!!!"

Okay, so we go back to school Thursday. Not really looking forward to the early mornings. Now it's back to only "sleeping in" on Sundays (which is only around 9:30 anyway ).

Wednesday we are going to the Rainforest Cafe in Menlo Park. Danimal was saying how sad is he to be missing Disney so much and I mentioned we have a Rainforest Cafe just like the 2 in Disney. He asked if we could go and of course I said yes. Wednesday night kids eat for $1.99, so we will be going to give us some Disney spirit.`
Enjoy your ALMOST Disney dinner

Well I booked April after DD told me that she does definitely want to celebrate her bday in Disney again. I just wish her bday fell during a value season It used to be that taking her to CRT and BBB was cheaper than a party....but now that I am on a deluxe stay roll, I think we would have been better with a party So for right now we are booked with Candace at YC. But who knows if that will stay once DH realized how much money we have spent on Disney trips

Wishing all those who start school tomorrow a big good luck!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #1597
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

Yes that's me!!!! We were in 2557...but 4557 also has the HUMUNGO balcony (is that a word!???!) We had 6 people out there one afternoon & could have easily fit 6-8 more. We couldn't have picked a better location (for us) - we LOVE LOVE LOVE the BC quiet pool, and I do laundry on vacation & that's right there at the quiet pool too. Plus it's thisclose to the IG, we'd send the boys over into Epcot just for snacks, drinks or lunch & they'd be back with it in 15 min!

When are you going?!? I haven't been on the BC/YC thread for awhile. I did get to meet Teena a few times while down there.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #1598
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Beautiful pic, Sarah! Can't believe I'll be checking in for my first time in 25 days!!!! so excited.

PAS: I hope your foot is feeling a bit better, and you are getting lots of rest so you can jump back into things soon!

I can't believe the summer is officially over! I am sending my DH off for his 2 week European adventure in England in 4 days, then when he gets home, it'll be only 5 days until my boys and i leave on our Disney adventure!!!! I managed to get some US texting time, so Jeanette and Janet, I'll be able to say HI to you in "Disney real time" when I am there

ONLY 1 more day and my DS16 is off to GRADE 11!!!!!! where did time go!??? it slips by so fast! One more reason I want to cherish my time with my boys on this trip! MY oldest, DS 20, just came home from his red eye softball tourney (he played at all hours of the day/night the last three days)-- and he plopped on the couch, while he ate some quick supper and said to me "are ya getting excited for parasailing, MOM?" ME: uhhhh, yes, I'm trying to not be too scared and get excited!
JOSH: well I'm stoked!!!!
ME: glad to hear son! hope I can join the excitement when the time comes! ** as I quiver inside,

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #1599
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Basketlacey - saw this in my email this morning and thought of you.

JETBLUE
Summer Closeout Sale! Low Fares from $49 Today Only

Good luck!!! Check those airfares today!!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #1600
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Basketlacey - saw this in my email this morning and thought of you.

JETBLUE
Summer Closeout Sale! Low Fares from $49 Today Only

Good luck!!! Check those airfares today!!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks Melissa! I actually remembered what you said about tues/wed and was checking airfare at 6 am. Still no drops! :-(

Unfortunately jet blue doesn't fly from anywhere near here either! But, I feel better about it.

We told our kids about the trip over the weekend. We have decided that if prices don't drop, we are going to drive. It's 12 hours which is doable and we will extend our stay by a day as well. Dh even said we could keep our Cali Grill ressie and leave right after dinner. We will drive several hours and then get a room and drive the rest of the way on Sunday. I still may try and score Cali for another night and then we could leave after our Cape May breakfast or maybe after lunch. We have to be home by 2. I think it will work!

The kids are super excited and are working on tweaking ADRs and planning park days. I am more excited now too because I am not frantic about the airfare.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #1601
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Thanks Melissa! I actually remembered what you said about tues/wed and was checking airfare at 6 am. Still no drops! :-(

Unfortunately jet blue doesn't fly from anywhere near here either! But, I feel better about it.

We told our kids about the trip over the weekend. We have decided that if prices don't drop, we are going to drive. It's 12 hours which is doable and we will extend our stay by a day as well. Dh even said we could keep our Cali Grill ressie and leave right after dinner. We will drive several hours and then get a room and drive the rest of the way on Sunday. I still may try and score Cali for another night and then we could leave after our Cape May breakfast or maybe after lunch. We have to be home by 2. I think it will work!

The kids are super excited and are working on tweaking ADRs and planning park days. I am more excited now too because I am not frantic about the airfare.
Yay for telling the kids!! We are telling our girls one week from today! I wish we were within a 12 hour drive....try double that for us....boo! We have been talking about doing a big drive for our summer trip next year and DH wants no part of a big drive. He thinks it would be pure torture if the DD's bicker too much.

So....as of this morning, DH is saying if it costs the same to vacation here he would rather go to Disney in May. I think we will reassess after our trip....which by the way is in...
8 days!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #1602
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post

I received an email from Southwest today saying I was getting advance notice on a 25% off sale .... should start tomorrow. Very limited dates and I believe it's thru Dec 12th. Hope this helps someone!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #1603
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello lovely, crazy RCing ladies!

Jen & Candace: for first day jittery moms. Y'all are pros at this by now though. Hope they all have great first days at school.

Jeanette: How's the ankle? Hope you're doing better.

Sarah: Joining you in dancing with Jen! Love that pic!

Candace: I love your latest change! Epcot & MK resorts, best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So cute .... they're going to love them!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Amazing!! You do it so well!!
Quote:
Thanks, ladies. I finished up the letter from Mickey & Minnie after doing my Martha Stewart impersonation with the luminaries. I'll make sure I take pics of the set-up when I'm done that afternoon, Sarah. Just got to come up with a good plan to get the two nosy ones out of the room .... hmmm. Maybe an, "Oh, I left my camera in the room! Be back in a few minutes" sorta thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

I am LOVING my new branch. It is busy, but I don't mind it because everyone does their fair share so no one feels like they are picking up the slack. It's a pleasant environment and everyone gets along. I had a convo with my boss last night, just to let her know that I've been with the company a long time and I never had a problem until recently and that I am very happy in her branch and hope we can have a fresh start. She assured me that she hasn't even read my file because she wants to give me a fair chance and isn't evaluating me based on other people's opinions. She is a very nice woman, and I do really like her.
I'm so happy to hear you like your new location... and even better, your new boss!

I hear ya on the sleeping in thing. I'm seriously wondering if my kiddo will ever learn to sleep in. Have any of you mommies ever had kiddos change from early-risers to sleep-in'ers as they got older? As well as the weekend, she had yesterday AND today off: 7:00 on the dot. (Sorry, except for the one morning she slept in 'til 7:15... Eesh.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Missoutandabout I'm calling the men in the white coats right now. Seriously I'm impressed. I think.
Might want to place that call soon as I'm now down to the kiddo's portion on the attire spreadsheet (the hubs can fend for himself.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
MY oldest, DS 20, just came home from his red eye softball tourney (he played at all hours of the day/night the last three days)-- and he plopped on the couch, while he ate some quick supper and said to me "are ya getting excited for parasailing, MOM?" ME: uhhhh, yes, I'm trying to not be too scared and get excited!
JOSH: well I'm stoked!!!!
ME: glad to hear son! hope I can join the excitement when the time comes! ** as I quiver inside,
You can do it, you can do it! (You are a brave, brave woman!) Your trip is mega-close too. Hope your hubs has a good time in Ol' Blighty, we were just there in May visiting the in-laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So....as of this morning, DH is saying if it costs the same to vacation here he would rather go to Disney in May. I think we will reassess after our trip....
Ooooooh!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #1604
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Missoutandabout all you have to do is tell one of the Concierge CM's what you are trying do do and I know they can help you think of something. The BC CL CM's are great, they love to help with this kind of stuff. And if you are feeling shy I will talk to them with you!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #1605
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Missoutandabout all you have to do is tell one of the Concierge CM's what you are trying do do and I know they can help you think of something. The BC CL CM's are great, they love to help with this kind of stuff. And if you are feeling shy I will talk to them with you!
I love your little Jiminy Cricket!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: