Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #1576
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Did u miss me?? DH and I are at the Hailfax Airport waiting for our flight home...we have had an awesome weekend! I will post a couple of pics later! 10 days to go to Poly!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #1577
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone! Did u miss me?? DH and I are at the Hailfax Airport waiting for our flight home...we have had an awesome weekend! I will post a couple of pics later! 10 days to go to Poly!
Of course we did!! Glad to hear your weekend went well!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #1578
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Amanda- glad that Isaac stayed on the "good" side for you. Have been watching the NO stations on directv, it was sure a slow mover. Now the mess with the dam at the state park...I feel for them. People that thought they had made it through and now not sure of what will happen. Continued prayers for the region.
THank you so much!! So glad that storm has moved out of LA & MS. The rising water levels in different lakes & rivers has been scary. Even as of Friday, there were new evacuations having to be done. I feel so bad for all the people who have lost their homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

I missed your reply earlier too! I'm glad to see you and your family are doing okay.
It's so easy to miss replies on here. Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Amanda Glad to hear you and your family are okay. It is so sad that so many people have lost their homes and are toally displaced
Thank you! We are so blessed. There were people having to evacuate their homes on Fridays because of rising waters in lakes & rivers. So sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
To my friends...

My DS was involved in an auto accident last night …. No one seriously hurt thank goodness… he was in a car with 2 other friends and in the back seat …. 6:30 pm on a busy road… other driver made a left turn in front of them, they tried to avoid hitting the car but couldn’t and the car hit the passenger side… luckily the other driver was alone …. Airbags deployed … my son has minor bruises, and scraps from the seat belt and his head hitting the window ….I found out when I picked him up at 11:00 from his friend's house …. He said he wanted to tell me in person so he could see I was okay and not freak out ….

Both cars are probably totaled but 4 people are alive …. Someone was watching over them all.

PLEASE be extra vigilant if you are traveling this holiday weekend ....it only takes a split second to something to happen to change your life forever. We were lucky this time.

How scary! So glad that your son & everyone else is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

And the latest news…I got a text from ds yesterday. it said:

“Just making sure, you want to go by nana for your second grandchild, right?”

Of course, I called him right away. He and ddil are very happy. We are thrilled for them! My parents passed young, so for me to be here, at 53, enjoying life with dh and our grown kids is a blessing to me. I don’t take it for granted. It’s great to be a nana.
Congrats!!! What exciting news!!

Quote:
Hope y'all had a great getaway! And I can't believe how soon your trip to WDW is!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #1579
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Our little thread keeps slipping way too close to page 2!!! So....I thought I'd wake it up with a little change.

DH did not want to stay in a moderate.
Not when we had a 40% discount on a deluxe (he is becoming quite the knowledgable Disney guy). We decided to split the stay further and do 5 nights Yacht Club (just doing GV - no CL) and then 5 nights Poly CL!

I was excited to score the YC GV room with the discount, because for this years' trip, that was NEVER available when I tried to get it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #1580
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Not when we had a 40% discount on a deluxe (he is becoming quite the knowledgable Disney guy). We decided to split the stay further and do 5 nights Yacht Club (just doing GV - no CL) and then 5 nights Poly CL!

I was excited to score the YC GV room with the discount, because for this years' trip, that was NEVER available when I tried to get it.
Good change! I'll have to tell you all about POR...unless we change that til October!

Janet B yes we're almost neighbors!!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #1581
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Our little thread keeps slipping way too close to page 2!!! So....I thought I'd wake it up with a little change.

Okay so now DD has to have her bday at Disney as we would most likely be at YC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #1582
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay so now DD has to have her bday at Disney as we would most likely be at YC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Ooh ooh ooh!! We could meet!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #1583
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Ooh ooh ooh!! We could meet!!!
That would be "wicked awesome"

We will be at YC (GV) in 2 weeks and then water view in about 2 months. So I will def let you know my thoughts!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #1584
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi all!
JanetB: just read back through about your DS...so scary for you all and I am glad to hear he is ok.

Gywnne: Congrats on being a Nana again!!!

Pas: How are you feeling???

Candace: The Yacht Club sounds great! Hey we must keep our DH's happy right?? Love the 'snob' smilie!

Miss: Love the Halloween decorations! I am jealous of your creative mind!!

TaraPA: I would love to hear about POR too!

So...after deciding not to go in May, when we were away for the weekend DH and I tried to price out a week long vacation where we were! So beautiful there, right on the ocean the kids would love it! But also would cost us more that Disney!! So....I don't know what we are going to do. Flying is soooo expensive in Canada. Airfare alone would cost us about $2500.

DD's are starting school tomorrow. After we got home and my parents left last night, I felt this stressball building. I figured it was the reality of coming back from a nice relaxing holiday but I know it is because I haven't allowed myself time to process school. I won't have my middle DD home on her off days anymore, and my youngest DD will be gone to school now every other day. I know it is so good for them though...REALLY!

Also DD8 found her her BFF is NOT in her class and started bawling...I wanted to fix it for her but this is just life right!! I tried to help her find a silver lining, and I think I made her feel better but boy between everything I did have a good cry last night after the went to bed!!DH thinks I am crazy!!

Anyway...have a great day all!!

Jen
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #1585
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all!
JanetB: just read back through about your DS...so scary for you all and I am glad to hear he is ok.

Gywnne: Congrats on being a Nana again!!!

Pas: How are you feeling???

Candace: The Yacht Club sounds great! Hey we must keep our DH's happy right?? Love the 'snob' smilie!

Miss: Love the Halloween decorations! I am jealous of your creative mind!!

TaraPA: I would love to hear about POR too!

So...after deciding not to go in May, when we were away for the weekend DH and I tried to price out a week long vacation where we were! So beautiful there, right on the ocean the kids would love it! But also would cost us more that Disney!! So....I don't know what we are going to do. Flying is soooo expensive in Canada. Airfare alone would cost us about $2500.

DD's are starting school tomorrow. After we got home and my parents left last night, I felt this stressball building. I figured it was the reality of coming back from a nice relaxing holiday but I know it is because I haven't allowed myself time to process school. I won't have my middle DD home on her off days anymore, and my youngest DD will be gone to school now every other day. I know it is so good for them though...REALLY!

Also DD8 found her her BFF is NOT in her class and started bawling...I wanted to fix it for her but this is just life right!! I tried to help her find a silver lining, and I think I made her feel better but boy between everything I did have a good cry last night after the went to bed!!DH thinks I am crazy!!

Anyway...have a great day all!!

Jen
DD8 will be fine!!! My DD8 and her BFF had been in class together since they were 3 months old!!!! From the infant room in there daycare all the way through pre-school and kindergarten (a private kindergarten)....then once going to public school, they were lucky enough again to be put in the same 1st grade class! Last year, in 2nd grade, was the first time they were separated, and they both did fine! 3rd grade....separated again!!! They handled it much better this year.

Now, I may have to go through this again after this year....because DD5 is in the same situation with her BFF (of course her BFF is DD8's BFF's little sister)...and they have kindergarten together but they might be separated next year for first grade at public school....I think she will handle it worse...not looking forward to this!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #1586
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would be "wicked awesome"

We will be at YC (GV) in 2 weeks and then water view in about 2 months. So I will def let you know my thoughts!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yeah, and if we don't meet, that could be a "wicked pissah"

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #1587
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

You always make me feel better Candace....
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #1588
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You always make me feel better Candace....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #1589
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Good change! I'll have to tell you all about POR...unless we change that til October!

Janet B yes we're almost neighbors!!!!
Thanks!! I just have a feeling that DH would not be happy with POR...and he really doesn't ever stop talking about the Epcot resorts (Epcot is his favorite), so there it is. Best of both worlds.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #1590
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Jen So glad you had a great weekend away with DH! Dealing with the school and the girls getting older is definitely hard. It is an adjustment for you and for them. Don’t worry about DH thinking you are crazy, we got your back As for the kids not having thier BF's in class, we have been there as well. As a matter of fact DS barely had any friends this year in his class, but he made new friends of course! DD and her BF we were not together this year either, but she barely skipped a beat as she turned to me and said, there are only 2 people I dont know in my class and that is becauase they are new this year. She is my social butterfly and knows everyone. Kids are resilient and I am sure DD will bounce right back!

Candace So out of the blue DD wakes up this morning and says to me that she made her decision and def wants to do her bday again at Disney. She must have felt those New England vibes in her sleep last night You may have to bring down some Parker’s maple syrup for me. Now lets just hope DH and the kids love YC as much as I think they will so I can book it again for April

Happy Monday to everyone else! Enjoy your day!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: