Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #1561
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
What? You changed from WL to POR? So I guess no meet in the rocking chairs??? Are your dates still the same??? Maybe a quick meet for quick drink and a little Yehaa Bob???
Yes unfortunately we did. Once AP rates came out it was over $650 less per room to stay at POR, so we switched. I'm sad, but am thinking of WL for the trip in January with my sons.

Our dates are the same - 10/17-21 and we plan to see Bob on Friday night - are you there that night that you could make it over?!? We also have an ADR at WCC on Saturday at 1pm - might be making it later - we could meet up then if you're around the resort!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #1562
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi TaraPA .... we are practically neighbors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Janet~ So glad your DS was not hurt.
Thanks Candace ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
GG, Janet, Candace, and Melissa, Thanks for the very sweet good wishes! I am going to have fun sending little happy care packages now and then to ddil through her pregnancy.
Ginny... those care packages ... might they contain some clothing designed by Disney.... perhaps a pooh or two??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello everyone! Just a quick message...

Janet: Ooooof! Has your heart stopped palpitating yet? It was good of him to wait for you to be face-to-face for that sorta news. I'm so, so happy he and everyone else are okay. You need a frosty adult beverage and a place to put your feet up... (right next to Jeanette and her wonky ankle!).

Jeanette: and YOU need a drink ... and I hope you already have your feet (foot) up. Sorry it's hurting today.

Ginny: Congratulations!
YES, to a frosty, strong adult beverage or two or three

Hey Jeannette.... if I join you would the kiddos and Brian wait on me too??

Quote:
I'm off to make my clothes spreadsheet... complete with AM/PM. Of course, this will help me plan how many Ziplocs I'll need for my packing cubes. (Please don't call the men in white coats on me.)
What else would we expect from MissPackingCube??? The ultimate packer, planner and organizer extraordinare!!

Quote:
I've been busy.

(Cheap and cheerful. Using these as part of the surprise I'm setting up for Miss M and the hubs.)
Amazing!! You do it so well!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #1563
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Janet I am SO sorry to hear about your DS. I am glad he is alright, but still it doesn't take away from the stress.

Jeanette Sis, I am going to lovingly call you Calamity Jane from now on. We need to keep you in a padded room! Hope you are not in too much pain. At least you get some time off.

I am LOVING my new branch. It is busy, but I don't mind it because everyone does their fair share so no one feels like they are picking up the slack. It's a pleasant environment and everyone gets along. I had a convo with my boss last night, just to let her know that I've been with the company a long time and I never had a problem until recently and that I am very happy in her branch and hope we can have a fresh start. She assured me that she hasn't even read my file because she wants to give me a fair chance and isn't evaluating me based on other people's opinions. She is a very nice woman, and I do really like her.

In other news, I just got an email from Disney saying they are limiting TA rates to only one trip per destination per 12 month period and only for 7 nights. I think this is just terrible. We aren't allowed to book the DDP for ourselves, now they are limiting our travel benefits. They give other travel industry employees better treatment and they don't even work with Disney. I don't see how that is being very fair.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #1564
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Gwynne Congrates on the new grand baby!

Dani So sorry to hear about the new rules for your TA discount

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #1565
padawans
DIS Veteran

Janet I'm glad your son is ok.

Missoutandabout I'm calling the men in the white coats right now. Seriously I'm impressed. I think.

Dani Thats too bad about your discount. We cannot get the ddp either, but that's nothing new. All hotels and cruise lines give us discounts. The airlines do sell Disney packages, and cruises along with many other vacation destinations. It's a perk that been in place for many many years. I'm glad you like your new boss.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #1566
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Janet I am SO sorry to hear about your DS. I am glad he is alright, but still it doesn't take away from the stress.

Jeanette Sis, I am going to lovingly call you Calamity Jane from now on. We need to keep you in a padded room! Hope you are not in too much pain. At least you get some time off.

I am LOVING my new branch. It is busy, but I don't mind it because everyone does their fair share so no one feels like they are picking up the slack. It's a pleasant environment and everyone gets along. I had a convo with my boss last night, just to let her know that I've been with the company a long time and I never had a problem until recently and that I am very happy in her branch and hope we can have a fresh start. She assured me that she hasn't even read my file because she wants to give me a fair chance and isn't evaluating me based on other people's opinions. She is a very nice woman, and I do really like her.

In other news, I just got an email from Disney saying they are limiting TA rates to only one trip per destination per 12 month period and only for 7 nights. I think this is just terrible. We aren't allowed to book the DDP for ourselves, now they are limiting our travel benefits. They give other travel industry employees better treatment and they don't even work with Disney. I don't see how that is being very fair.
I am so glad you are enjoying your new branch!! Sounds like your new boss is a level headed individual.

Sorry about the discounts!!! But, you usually go in August right?? Maybe you could book your 7 nights under TA discount and then maybe your additional nights under free dining or something??

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #1567
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Dani, I am soooo happy you are loving your new branch! it's wonderful when you can go to work and enjoy it
Sorry the discounts are being limited, that sucks I hope you can find some good discounts for your trip next Yr.....as I know you want to go for an amazing 14 DAYS!!!

Janet, so glad your boy was ok

Jeanette: take it easy and get better!

Gwynne: CONGRATS NANA-TO-BE!!! how exciting!!!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #1568
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!!

I hope everyone has some fun plans for the "last weekend of summer".

We are just BBQ'ing with friends -- good times.

It has been 38 days since we left Disney...

229 days until we get to go back!!!!

I just really wanna go back....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1569
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday!!

Quote:
Thanks Dani ... it's been an up and down summer, and we are grateful that all walked away from a serious accident.

Quote:
Jeanette Sis, I am going to lovingly call you Calamity Jane from now on. We need to keep you in a padded room!

Quote:

Dani .. SO happy that your new work place is working out so well!! You paid you dues in that other place, so now you can experience a professional workplace where you are valued!

And, that stinks about the change in the TA discounts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Janet I'm glad your son is ok.
Thanks Padawans! ...it was a shock, but am so thankful that these kids were not seriously hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Missoutandabout I'm calling the men in the white coats right now. Seriously I'm impressed. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Dani, I am soooo happy you are loving your new branch! it's wonderful when you can go to work and enjoy it
Sorry the discounts are being limited, that sucks I hope you can find some good discounts for your trip next Yr.....as I know you want to go for an amazing 14 DAYS!!!

Janet, so glad your boy was ok
Thanks Marie! It's always something with these kids, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!!

I hope everyone has some fun plans for the "last weekend of summer".

We are just BBQ'ing with friends -- good times.

It has been 38 days since we left Disney...

229 days until we get to go back!!!!

I just really wanna go back....
MM ... enjoy your BBQ ... we are up at my mom's place on Lake Ontario ... forecast for a beautiful weekend with highs in upper 70s/low 80s ... perfect.

Everyone ... be safe out there!! And enjoy yourselves!! For us it's the last hurrah before school starts on Tuesday ....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1570
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

MM- it's been 38 days already? Time does fly, ds has already been at school for 2 weeks and we leave for disney in 77 days !!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 09-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #1571
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
MM- it's been 38 days already? Time does fly, ds has already been at school for 2 weeks and we leave for disney in 77 days !!
Yay for 77 days!!!!

I guess I'll just look forward to ADR day, in 49 days!! But really, who's counting???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #1572
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

Janet - so glad ds is ok!

Gwynne - congrats on grandbaby #2!

So I am less than 30 days out. I have no airfare booked and I seriously am stressed. I finally told dh today that I want to drive instead or move the trip. It's my fault for waiting for ds's football schedule. I should've booked the airfare!

I need to get all of my ADRs down on paper but they are totally screwed up if we drive. Aaaggghhhh! Lol. I just have to laugh - first world problems, right?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #1573
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Dani Glad the new branch is working out, less stress at work is always a good thing!!! Sorry to hear about the TA discounts, that stinks I have to say I really miss my IATA card and all the discounts and upgrades

Candace Hope you have a great friend filled BBQ weekend

basketlacey It is hard when you are trying to make travel arrangements around kids schedules, nothing you could really have done. How much time do you lose if you drive? I keep getting JetBlue and Sprit sale emails, I am sure you have checked everything but I would say wait until Tuesday morning to see if you can snag some decent airfare. Seriously Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest days to book airfare, with an ungodly hour of like 2-5am on Tuesday being the best It may be worth waiting a few more days before you make a final decision. And yes, it is definitely nice to have first world problems

We are hanging low this weekend, no plans really, which we don’t mind. I feel so lost now that discounts are out, ADR’s are made and touring plans consulted, not sure what to focus on now

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #1574
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Dani Glad the new branch is working out, less stress at work is always a good thing!!! Sorry to hear about the TA discounts, that stinks I have to say I really miss my IATA card and all the discounts and upgrades

Candace Hope you have a great friend filled BBQ weekend

basketlacey It is hard when you are trying to make travel arrangements around kids schedules, nothing you could really have done. How much time do you lose if you drive? I keep getting JetBlue and Sprit sale emails, I am sure you have checked everything but I would say wait until Tuesday morning to see if you can snag some decent airfare. Seriously Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest days to book airfare, with an ungodly hour of like 2-5am on Tuesday being the best It may be worth waiting a few more days before you make a final decision. And yes, it is definitely nice to have first world problems

We are hanging low this weekend, no plans really, which we don’t mind. I feel so lost now that discounts are out, ADR’s are made and touring plans consulted, not sure what to focus on now

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Melissa
Um - do you want to schedule out my trip? Lololol.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #1575
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey

Um - do you want to schedule out my trip? Lololol.
LOL!!! DH keeps telling me to start my own travel agency since I love planning so much. My TA days were so long ago...but I think it could be a fun part time job one day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: