Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #1531
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Mainly, where would it rank amongst the club levels??? A tiny part of me wants to suck it up and do Sugarloaf since this trip is for DD8's birthday and the GF is her dream resort (at least it used to be)...but Poly CL looks pretty awesome, so I don't know if Sugarloaf would be worth the switch.

Does it have a sweet view of the castle!! Wishes!?!? Anything?!?
There's no view of the castle or Wishes. I know SL is loved by many, but it just wasn't for us. None of us felt very comfortable there. Poly feels much more laid back to us. Not bashing SL at all, just saying our opinion of it.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #1532
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello RCing Chicas!

Hope Amanda is faring well.

Jen: Oh, I can't WAIT to see the t-shirts! Tell him we all said "stop fussin." I'm sure they're great. Enjoy your weekend away.

Jeanette: We'll put you in a wheelie-chair so Sarah and I can pull you around whilst we groove about. How's the ol' ankle feeling today?

Sarah: Have any of the renovations got you concerned? I'm slightly bummed I'll not get to see the Solarium because its original purpose sounded quite serene. Will just have to check it out next time.

Melissa: Glad the roads are drying out for you. Have you been out ... and about? Oh, I haven't checked the extended forecast. Our past two September vacations have been hot but gorgeous, no rain except on two occasions. This year might be the one to buck the trend. I did check our local weekend weather and it looks like Isaac's P.S. is stopping by for a visit. Labor Day Weekend Washout! Us drought-area folks aren't allowed to complain though.

Sheila: I agree with Bob! Do what you want! We're so much better at planning these things anyway.
I can't speak for Sarah, but I'm kind of bummed. One of my favorite things about the BC is the gym being next to the pool. It makes it easy for my dh and I to take turns working out and watching the kids at the pool. It's just a convenience thing. You know how certain little things can make you like a resort, but to other people they mean absolutely nothing. What bums me out the most is not knowing about it until now. I really dislike construction, and I would have been just as happy at the BWI. Everyone in my family loves the BW as much as BC, and from what I have read the BW has a better CL. No availability at the BW. It's the first weekend of the food and wine so I have little hope.

On a good note I have managed to get it down to 2 resorts. 5 nights at WL CL before cruise and 5 nights at BC CL after cruise. I have gone 10 days without calling to see if a GV Cl at the Poly is available. I'm proud of myself. It would only be a 350.00 difference, but I'm trying to stay strong.

Pas Sorry about your ankle. I guess you're getting a little unplanned staycation huh? Use this time to get some sleep, and enjoy those kiddos.
padawans is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #1533
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
There's no view of the castle or Wishes. I know SL is loved by many, but it just wasn't for us. None of us felt very comfortable there. Poly feels much more laid back to us. Not bashing SL at all, just saying our opinion of it.
Yeah, it was just a thought...I mentioned it to DD8 to get a reaction, she said "ugh! That place smells, remember???" hahahahahaha.....

You'll note that in my previous post I hinted that it used to be her dream resort...well that's because when we went and spent some time there, the first thing she said when we walked in was "what's that smell???" I thought she had forgotten...I guess not!

Oh well! Saves me money! But that little Alice in Wonderland splash area looks really cool!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #1534
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I can't speak for Sarah, but I'm kind of bummed. One of my favorite things about the BC is the gym being next to the pool. It makes it easy for my dh and I to take turns working out and watching the kids at the pool. It's just a convenience thing. You know how certain little things can make you like a resort, but to other people they mean absolutely nothing. What bums me out the most is not knowing about it until now. I really dislike construction, and I would have been just as happy at the BWI. Everyone in my family loves the BW as much as BC, and from what I have read the BW has a better CL. No availability at the BW. It's the first weekend of the food and wine so I have little hope.

On a good note I have managed to get it down to 2 resorts. 5 nights at WL CL before cruise and 5 nights at BC CL after cruise. I have gone 10 days without calling to see if a GV Cl at the Poly is
available. I'm proud of myself. It would only be a 350.00 difference, but I'm trying to stay strong.

Pas Sorry about your ankle. I guess you're getting a little unplanned staycation huh? Use this time to get some sleep, and enjoy those kiddos.
After seeing missoutandabout's post I did some research. I gather Hurricane Hannahs is going to be closed as is the fitness center which is being moved to the Solarium during the construction. Is that right? Padawans, I certainly understand where you are coming from, the set up was perfect for you and now, not so much. I just haven't been paying that much attention and since we don't use the fitness center or get food at Hurricane Hannahs it isn't a big deal. I gather though they just sprung this on people, which is annoying. As bad as the construction at the GF has been they have been announcing dates and plans all along.

Dani said it well, SL just isn't for everyone. We love it, but not everyone does. Mousemommy, it sounds like it's a moot point now anyway.
__________________
TY KOOK! TY Lulu'smom!

Last edited by Jungle Cruiser; 08-30-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Jungle Cruiser is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #1535
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm back!!! But so many pages to catch up on!!!! I ended up spending 4 weeks in So CA .... DH came down for a week to oversee the movers etc. Movers were there Sat afternoon, unpacked on Sunday, Monday we hung all the pictures, etc and on Tuesday we rested!!! Can't believe that everything is done! The apartment is all put together and ready!!! The old apartment is even giving DD back her entire security deposit and back dating her moving notice so there is no penalty! We made the 6 1/2 hour drive back to Nor Ca yesterday .... so good to be in my own bed!!!

I think I need a vacation!!! Only 45 DAYS until my crazy split stay at WDW!!!

Hugs to all my RC family!!!
I missed your post with my long-winded reply earlier... so glad you're back! Wow, you DO need a vacation... STAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thank y'all so much for the well wishes!!
I missed your reply earlier too! I'm glad to see you and your family are doing okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I've got nothing to say, I'm just rescuing the thread as it is teetering on the cliff of second page obscurity.

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Oh, while I'm here....thoughts on Sugarloaf???
Scratch that popcorn, I've had this reply up here all night waiting to get around to posting it. LOL. I agree with your DD re: the smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
I am shamefully not up to date on what's up at the Beach Club. I do know there is a controversy over letting people from the Swan and Dolphin use SAB while one of their pools in under construction. (as a side note, I do have a bit of a problem with that since the S&D are not Disney owned Hotels) However, I didn't know anything about the Solarium. I presume it is under construction? It isn't that big a deal for us, we have rarely gone in it, it usually seems to be being used for private gatherings when we have been there. Is there anything else I don't know about???!!!
I couldn't help myself so I wrote a letter to the resort manager regarding this potentially disappointing SAB situation. I hope it's just a fluke. It's quite strange them offering guests of a non-Disney owned resort the use of their pools. Regarding the Solarium, they've moved the fitness center equipment into it whilst it's being renovated. Will have to check it out next time I suppose. LOL... after refreshing my browser, I've seen you did some detective work! (I need to stop leaving my half-written replies up for hours on end.)

Padawans: Yeah, it's indeed irksome to find out about all of these things so close to going. Hoping something opens up for you at BW.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #1536
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Hey everyone! been a busy week, I can hardly believe I've only got 27 days to go!
It's coming so fast now! I'm going to be really sad to not have my trip to look forward to anymore I hate thinking about the end! I'm excited yet, I also wish I could slow down time.....my trip has been the one thing that's gotten me up and out of bed to work many times when I didn't really want to go! I am not ready for it to be over! Sorry, I should be so excited (which I am) , but it's mixed with some melancholy too!

Jeanette, so sorry to hear about your big trip! Broken foot = big time owie! sending healing vibes your way....take time to get better! I'm sure that beautiful family of yours will make sure you are well taken care of!

MM: no more sneaking peeks at other resorts! You've got the perfect arrangement with your POR/POLY CL split! Don't mess with a good thing Girly!

Tomorrow I have to head to the bank for some British pounds for DH....I'll be sending him off in a week! Things are just flying around here!

Holiday on Monday and DS16 back to Gr 11 on Wed......the summer flew by!

Sweet Dreams my friends! for y'all

~Marie
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #1537
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hey everyone! been a busy week, I can hardly believe I've only got 27 days to go!
It's coming so fast now! I'm going to be really sad to not have my trip to look forward to anymore I hate thinking about the end! I'm excited yet, I also wish I could slow down time.....my trip has been the one thing that's gotten me up and out of bed to work many times when I didn't really want to go! I am not ready for it to be over! Sorry, I should be so excited (which I am) , but it's mixed with some melancholy too!

Jeanette, so sorry to hear about your big trip! Broken foot = big time owie! sending healing vibes your way....take time to get better! I'm sure that beautiful family of yours will make sure you are well taken care of!

MM: no more sneaking peeks at other resorts! You've got the perfect arrangement with your POR/POLY CL split! Don't mess with a good thing Girly!

Tomorrow I have to head to the bank for some British pounds for DH....I'll be sending him off in a week! Things are just flying around here!

Holiday on Monday and DS16 back to Gr 11 on Wed......the summer flew by!

Sweet Dreams my friends! for y'all

~Marie
27 days!!! So exciting!!!

You know how RC'rs are....sometimes you just have to look, you know!!!
I am blissfully excited about our current arrangement though!! I think it will be wonderful!!

Ready to get through Friday so we can enjoy this long weekend!!!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #1538
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,334

Sheila Is CR also 30% off.... I love GF..but DHs never REALLY mean...do whatever you want, you know????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
pas, time to catch up on the soap operas, read all the threads on the DIS from start to finish and eat bonbons! I am sure lying around and relaxing is tough, but you might as well enjoy it!
Yea..I went to work last night

Melissa I ended up running around so much that I figured why not go to work??? Plus DH & I are "having a bad week" Sorry to vent...I just was better off at work...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm back!!! But so many pages to catch up on!!!! I ended up spending 4 weeks in So CA .... DH came down for a week to oversee the movers etc. Movers were there Sat afternoon, unpacked on Sunday, Monday we hung all the pictures, etc and on Tuesday we rested!!! Can't believe that everything is done! The apartment is all put together and ready!!! The old apartment is even giving DD back her entire security deposit and back dating her moving notice so there is no penalty! We made the 6 1/2 hour drive back to Nor Ca yesterday .... so good to be in my own bed!!!

I think I need a vacation!!! Only 45 DAYS until my crazy split stay at WDW!!!

So glad DD is all squared away

Welcome back Mama...and for 45 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Jeanette: We'll put you in a wheelie-chair so Sarah and I can pull you around whilst we groove about. How's the ol' ankle feeling today?
I like that idea...today....it hurts (my fault I know)



Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I can't speak for Sarah, but I'm kind of bummed. One of my favorite things about the BC is the gym being next to the pool. It makes it easy for my dh and I to take turns working out and watching the kids at the pool. It's just a convenience thing. You know how certain little things can make you like a resort, but to other people they mean absolutely nothing. What bums me out the most is not knowing about it until now. I really dislike construction, and I would have been just as happy at the BWI. Everyone in my family loves the BW as much as BC, and from what I have read the BW has a better CL. No availability at the BW. It's the first weekend of the food and wine so I have little hope.

On a good note I have managed to get it down to 2 resorts. 5 nights at WL CL before cruise and 5 nights at BC CL after cruise. I have gone 10 days without calling to see if a GV Cl at the Poly is available. I'm proud of myself. It would only be a 350.00 difference, but I'm trying to stay strong.

Pas Sorry about your ankle. I guess you're getting a little unplanned staycation huh? Use this time to get some sleep, and enjoy those kiddos.
Thanks I'll update your resorts...bt you know nurses make crappy patients....I am off today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yeah, it was just a thought...I mentioned it to DD8 to get a reaction, she said "ugh! That place smells, remember???" hahahahahaha.....

You'll note that in my previous post I hinted that it used to be her dream resort...well that's because when we went and spent some time there, the first thing she said when we walked in was "what's that smell???" I thought she had forgotten...I guess not!

Oh well! Saves me money! But that little Alice in Wonderland splash area looks really cool!
Another one that doesn't like the smell I priced out GF for Nov/Dec....if only I had the money for airfare..I love Sugarloaf....but that's why GF has so many choices...GF SL & Poly GV CL...almost the same price...just sayin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Dani said it well, SL just isn't for everyone. We love it, but not everyone does. Mousemommy, it sounds like it's a moot point now anyway.
More SL for us Sarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hey everyone! been a busy week, I can hardly believe I've only got 27 days to go!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #1539
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

To my friends...

My DS was involved in an auto accident last night …. No one seriously hurt thank goodness… he was in a car with 2 other friends and in the back seat …. 6:30 pm on a busy road… other driver made a left turn in front of them, they tried to avoid hitting the car but couldn’t and the car hit the passenger side… luckily the other driver was alone …. Airbags deployed … my son has minor bruises, and scraps from the seat belt and his head hitting the window ….I found out when I picked him up at 11:00 from his friend's house …. He said he wanted to tell me in person so he could see I was okay and not freak out ….

Both cars are probably totaled but 4 people are alive …. Someone was watching over them all.

PLEASE be extra vigilant if you are traveling this holiday weekend ....it only takes a split second to something to happen to change your life forever. We were lucky this time.

__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #1540
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Happy Friday I should be doing laundry, cleaning the house, etc, but decided not to, lol! Considering the kids were only in school for 3 days this week and now we have a long weekend, I am sitting on the couch and enjoying the silence

So I have noticed that so many of you stay at CL. What are your main reasons for doing so? Last year on our cruise we found that we didn’t utilize the CL as much as we thought we would, we really booked a suite for the space, not for the benefits. For our long weekend trips I can’t imagine we would really utilize the CL at Disney either. Maybe I will think about it for our Feb trip when we are staying for 4 nts instead of 2. Just curious hear why it is worth the extra money.

Linda Glad the move is finally over and everything worked out for DD. Time to get some rest and prepare for Disney

Amanda Glad to hear you and your family are okay. It is so sad that so many people have lost their homes and are toally displaced

Miss Hope Isaac doesn’t completely washout your weekend, although sounds like you need the rain! I am really hoping September isn’t as wet as August was down here, I really want a some dry days at Disney.

Candace We all knew you would at least toy with the idea of changing

Sarah and padawans (and Miss) I am a little nervous with the whole SAB situation. This will be our first time staying at YC and it took a bit of convincing to DH, not to mention that I have it booked again for Oct. My selling point was of course SAB and how much the kids will love it, so I am hoping it is not a disappointment. Hopefully the Dolphin will get their pool fixed quickly. As far as HH, people on the BC&YC board had been posting that it was going to be closing and that other options were going to be available, so I don’t think that refurb is as much of a surprise as the gym and CL were.

Marie I know what you mean about after the trip is over. I always feel like this when I walk off a cruise ship, I spent so much time planning, enjoyed every minute, and then boom….reality and no vacation in the near future and I dont know what to focus on

Jeanette I am sorry to hear you and DH are having an off week, it happens to all of us. Not thrilled that you went to work with a broken ankle, but I certainly understand why you did. Hope you can rest the ankle a bit today. Sending you lots of hugs today!

Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #1541
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
To my friends...

My DS was involved in an auto accident last night …. No one seriously hurt thank goodness… he was in a car with 2 other friends and in the back seat …. 6:30 pm on a busy road… other driver made a left turn in front of them, they tried to avoid hitting the car but couldn’t and the car hit the passenger side… luckily the other driver was alone …. Airbags deployed … my son has minor bruises, and scraps from the seat belt and his head hitting the window ….I found out when I picked him up at 11:00 from his friend's house …. He said he wanted to tell me in person so he could see I was okay and not freak out ….

Both cars are probably totaled but 4 people are alive …. Someone was watching over them all.

PLEASE be extra vigilant if you are traveling this holiday weekend ....it only takes a split second to something to happen to change your life forever. We were lucky this time.

So scary to hear about the accident but so glad that no one was seriously hurt.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #1542
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
To my friends...

My DS was involved in an auto accident last night …. No one seriously hurt thank goodness… he was in a car with 2 other friends and in the back seat …. 6:30 pm on a busy road… other driver made a left turn in front of them, they tried to avoid hitting the car but couldn’t and the car hit the passenger side… luckily the other driver was alone …. Airbags deployed … my son has minor bruises, and scraps from the seat belt and his head hitting the window ….I found out when I picked him up at 11:00 from his friend's house …. He said he wanted to tell me in person so he could see I was okay and not freak out ….

Both cars are probably totaled but 4 people are alive …. Someone was watching over them all.

PLEASE be extra vigilant if you are traveling this holiday weekend ....it only takes a split second to something to happen to change your life forever. We were lucky this time.

How scary!!!! I am so happy to hear he is okay as well as the others involved! I can only imagine what you went through when he told you. Lots of today!!
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #1543
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
To my friends...

My DS was involved in an auto accident last night …. No one seriously hurt thank goodness… he was in a car with 2 other friends and in the back seat …. 6:30 pm on a busy road… other driver made a left turn in front of them, they tried to avoid hitting the car but couldn’t and the car hit the passenger side… luckily the other driver was alone …. Airbags deployed … my son has minor bruises, and scraps from the seat belt and his head hitting the window ….I found out when I picked him up at 11:00 from his friend's house …. He said he wanted to tell me in person so he could see I was okay and not freak out ….

Both cars are probably totaled but 4 people are alive …. Someone was watching over them all.

PLEASE be extra vigilant if you are traveling this holiday weekend ....it only takes a split second to something to happen to change your life forever. We were lucky this time.

What a frightening experience that must have been!! It is good to hear everyone is going to be OK.
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #1544
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Jenny, can't wait to see a picture of the shirts! Have a great adults only weekend...because you are going to be having a lot of awesome family time soon! I still can't believe you have kept this surprise from the girls

pas, time to catch up on the soap operas, read all the threads on the DIS from start to finish and eat bonbons! I am sure lying around and relaxing is tough, but you might as well enjoy it!

missoutandabout, let's BOOGIE!!! We will be at the BEACH CLUB SOON!!!


sjs, you are currently suffering from acute RCitis! AND that's not a bad thing. Aren't husbands the worst? All they ever say is "do whatever you want" when you really want their opinion. Keep us posted

Hope our Melissa, Amanda and Magic are all doing okay!
Sarah I have decided that unless I luck out and the Dxl Room at BW becomes available for all our trip I am staying put......at least that is my thoughts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi sjs314, Change decisions, the nice thing about RCers, they understand.
Have you stayed in a deluxe CL at BW before? Just in case you haven't, they are 600+ square feet, and they all have a view of Crescent Lake.
We've only stayed in one once, but the memory lives on. Hubster now refers to the deluxe CL at BWI as "that room". As in, "Hey, any chance you can get that room at the Boardwalk again?"

One thing-maybe you know this, some are on the 4th floor, some on the 3rd. You might want to request 4th floor for easier access getting to lounge. (Let the IPO know, especially if you want to avoid the stairs.)

Good luck as you decide! Whatever you book hope your vacation is lovely!
Gwynne I researched the Dxl room back when Marie was originally booked there but does not hurt to refresh my memory. Even though there are only 2 of us Bob has restless leg syndrome and often gets up in the middle of the night walks around etc so the extra room works well but we find a King room is good too plus having a balcony
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #1545
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So scary to hear about the accident but so glad that no one was seriously hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
How scary!!!! I am so happy to hear he is okay as well as the others involved! I can only imagine what you went through when he told you. Lots of today!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
What a frightening experience that must have been!! It is good to hear everyone is going to be OK.
Linda, Melissa & Ginny ... thanks so much...in hindsight I'm glad he told me in person ... I was so stunned and shocked as the words came out of his mouth ...

Something I haven't mentioned since it happened while DD and I were in Disney ... This news was coming on the heels of my DS having this own fender bender last week... a mistake that could of been made by anyone I know as he ws fiddling with his GPS, the light turned red ... hit the brakes but not in time to avoid hitting the car in front of him ... no one hurt ...

so hearing his news last night, it was just total disbelief by me that he could be involved (indirectly) in another car accident, and so soon. It's been on my mind ever since.

Thanks guys!

Linda, so sorry I have not said welcome back yet, and pass along my happiness that your DD's affairs/new place are coming along ... happy that your trip is looming ever closer!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: