Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Randi & Alfredo 5/23/13 SBP The Attic UKLower

Hi All! After lurking for awhile and falling in love with all of your stories and plans- I think its time to tell you all about our plans for our *Happily Ever After* ::Finally::

A Bit About Us...
I guess that should start by telling you a bit about DF and I... I'm Randi, I'm 28 (woah, i hate seeing that #) and I'm a stay at home mom to DF and I's 3 sweet kiddos. DF, Alfredo, is 30 (what an old guy) and he is an estimator for a construction company.
We have been together since I was 15 and he was 18! We met at his cousin's Sweet 16. She was, and still is, a great friend of mine- and I will be forever grateful to her....without her friendship I would never lead the amazing life I do. Not to say we havent had our fair share of up's and down's and been on and off more times than I can count- but I think deep down I have always known he was the one.
We have three darling, sweet, smart, spoiled to a fault kiddos. Two boys, and finally, my sweet daughter. I always said we'd have 5 kids (I'm one of 7 total, lots of 1/2 siblings, DF is one of 4) and as much as I would LOVE a housefull, after her- I'm done. She is only 2 and walks around telling us shes "the princess" and her brothers are her "helpers". We're all totally wrapped around her finger. My boys are 100% Mommas boys, theyre 6 and 4, and like night and day. The older one is super fair and his personality is super extreme. The younger is darker and super easy goes with the flow all the time. They balance eachother out perfectly!
We are total Disney Nuts! We go at least once a year and sometimes as many as 3x's. My kids spend each 3rd birthday in WDW and I try to do the other non-bday trips at diff times in diff seasons so they can see all the decorations and experience all the diff parties.

Our Engagement
We have been engaged for 6 years already... We kept putting off a wedding because we were busy making and raising our family, so now that I'm done with 'babies' (even though they'll always be MY babies) We figured its time! But how we became engaged is a cute little story.
It was our second Christmas as a family, the first in our new 'family size' apartment. DF woke me up on Christmas morning to get the baby, he was SUPER excited and I just wanted to sleep. We had done Christmas Eve dinner at midnight with presents after at my future in-laws the night before and our deal was if I stayed at his parents late he'd get up with the baby, feed him, and get him back down so we could sleep later. I couldnt imagine why I had to get him if Alfredo was already awake!
So I go in the babys room, scoop him up, and realize he's not in jammies! He was wearing a tshirt that said "Will you marry my Daddy?" As I turn around alfredo is standing there with my ring and said something along the lines of "Do you have an answer for our son?" Of course I started crying and choked out a "Yes" And for he rest of the day week month year I was on cloud 9!
Looking back, my baby was crying because he was put back in bed after being changed without his bottle, and his cries should of given away that something was amiss... but in a sleepy haze what young mom thinks about those things! I still have the shirt, and tear up whenever I pull it out of our "special things" box.

Alfredo really is a great guy, and we may do everything totally backwards- but thats just us, and it works!

Randi Alfredo Darling Firstborn Son Darling Secondborn Son Darling Daughter Charlie Boy

My Wishes PJ

Last edited by RandiEliz2; 08-17-2012 at 10:44 AM.
RandiEliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Our DFTW Plans
We have decided on a DFTW because its totally us! Its a special place for us and our family, and we couldnt imagine getting married anywhere else!

We're getting married on May 23, 2013 at SBP, our reception will be at The Attic, and I'm hoping we can treat our guests to a dessert party at UK Lower.

Our colors are red black white and yellow, total Mickey/Minnie choice. For our ceremony I'm hoping for mostly red floral and decor with touches of yellow. Because our reception is at The Attic, and I love the room there just as it is, I think I'll do mostly white with bits of red and yellow.

Our Room Block Hotels are The Pop, PORiverside, and CarBeach. If you're going to be down that week and want to fill some rooms, let me know! I have a feeling we'll end up having to reduce our #'s.

Our Planner is Michelle Wenzler and her assistant is Sarah. If you have/had her PLEASE let me know what to expect- I'm hoping my distracted way of working doesnt drive them crazy!

As of right now we'll have 1MOHonor and 1 BMaid, and 2BMen. Then our kids will serve as flower girl and ringbearers.
With such a large immediate family there was no way ALL of my sisters and brothers and DF's brothers could be included without it feeling silly. So my MOH will be by eldest younger sister, Melanie (I'm the oldest of all of us) and my BMaid will be our next younger sister, Stephanie. DF's BMen will be his younger oldest brother, Doug (Alfredo's the oldest as well) and his/our best friend, Sean. His twin youngest brothers will serve as ushers.

We plan on having 25-30 guests total, thats just our parents, siblings, their spouses, my super amazing Grandmother, and my 3 aunts who are either MY godmother or my childrens Godmothers.

I'm hoping to keep up with this PJ as much as possible- and hope I keep you entertained! With 3 kids and the puppy I'm sure not everything will be 100% wedding stuff, but I hope you love them as much as I do!

Randi Alfredo Darling Firstborn Son Darling Secondborn Son Darling Daughter Charlie Boy

My Wishes PJ

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Great start so far! I cannot wait to read more about your planning!

I had Michelle. She is very nice and I liked her a lot. On the day of the wedding there were a few times where we butt heads with things that happened. But overall she was very nice and great to work with.
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccrmnky2005 View Post
Great start so far! I cannot wait to read more about your planning!

I had Michelle. She is very nice and I liked her a lot. On the day of the wedding there were a few times where we butt heads with things that happened. But overall she was very nice and great to work with.
thanks so much amanda! i'm reading your PJ now and trying really hard not to skip to the end and see your beautiful conclusion. but i love it so far, all your personal touches are really goregous

My Wishes PJ

Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Yay! Congrats another DFTW bride!!!! Your PJ looks great so far... Im following along!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
2013disneybride
a dream is a wish your heart makes :)

What a sweet proposal! Love it!! Can't wait to see your plans! Congrats for getting this far!
2013disneybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
Yay! Congrats another DFTW bride!!!! Your PJ looks great so far... Im following along!!!
Yay! thanks, hope i keep you entertained

My Wishes PJ

Old 07-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013disneybride View Post
What a sweet proposal! Love it!! Can't wait to see your plans! Congrats for getting this far!
Thank You! hes a pretty sweet guy

My Wishes PJ

Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

You're getting married 4 days before me! Yay!!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
You're getting married 4 days before me! Yay!!
yay! i'm following your PJ- you have SO much more done than me!

My Wishes PJ

Old 07-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Tonyaandnate2013
Earning My Ears

I love your beginning. Very cute engagement story. I can't wait to read more as you plan your wedding.
Tonyaandnate2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyaandnate2013 View Post
I love your beginning. Very cute engagement story. I can't wait to read more as you plan your wedding.
thanks! hopefully after i exhaust my kids at the pool today i can add some more of what i have done so far!

My Wishes PJ

Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

I think its time i add some pictures!

this was Fall of last year for my oldest son's 6th bday trip. yes, the boys always match when we're out- its easier for me to keep an eye on them that way. and yes, my daughter always wears huge bows- much to her dismay.

my original inspiration board- i think my newest plans are straying from this. so maybe i'll find time to make another.... if i do i'll be sure to share it!

sorry if theyre super huge- i forgot to resize them

My Wishes PJ

Old 07-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!! Love the Mickey colour scheme.

Your kids are adorable. I love that you make the boys match and the huge bows in your daughters hair. What are their names?

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
RandiEliz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Congratulations!! Love the Mickey colour scheme.

Your kids are adorable. I love that you make the boys match and the huge bows in your daughters hair. What are their names?
Thank You!
My babies are Logan, Liam, and Liana, all L's... i know- i'm slightly obsessive.
AND their middle names are all D's, all different names, but all after family members.

My Wishes PJ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: