Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #1456
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
And I notice that Kim's has changed again too!
I saw she was back on the pole...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #1457
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
So sorry to hear that Ann. Prayers for your friend and his family.

It wasn't us being naughty, honest. It was all Kimmar!!
Ann, I ditto what Laura said... Hugs my friend..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #1458
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

First off Ann, you are such a good friend. You deserve this trip and I hope the surprises are just as magical as you are hoping!

Elin and Laura, you both have amazing husbands! You are so blessed to have such wonderful men in your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
I miss out on a few days, and I miss getting a boo boo tag
All you have to do is head over to Kim's "sparkly boo boo thread". It seems to me that most everything happens starting in the wee hours of the West Coast night when East Coasters are just beginning to wake up. And through to about noon on the west coast, then the tag fairy seems to need a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
I guess we're just "nobodies" --

Well, given MY history with the flying pixie spewing princess - ummm, I better just stay a nobody!! LOL
Yeah if you like your Cajun tag, I'd best not veture over there, although you could become Cajun Boo Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
I agree...they lose something when they're cold. When we buy them at the Mara, we always open the container and let them "breath" for about 30 min before we dig in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
So do we, kind of like a good red, it needs to "breath"...
That makes total sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Where can I find this magical thread?

Corinna
Laura posted the link, I hope you saw it. As I said above, most of the "magic" seems to happen while I'm asleep and I have about 20 pages to catch up once I get up. The only problem is while I am reading the 20 pages, they create another 10 more!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #1459
dgbg100106

Quote:
I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!!

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive.
Sounds like DH & Daddy, (JD) is a knight in shining armour, potty to the young man who may never met her standards...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #1460
dgbg100106

Quote:
Hi, Js & Ks! :

The party was a huge hit. Bob's Dad had no idea we were coming and one of his brothers also showed up unannounced. It was a great time. I am tired from driving over 600 miles in the past 24 hours. but I am so glad I took Bob to see his Dad on such an important day!

Elin, beautiful picture.... I know you are tired but it was worth it, Bob, is grunning from ear to ear...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #1461
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Sounds like DH & Daddy, (JD) is a knight in shining armour, potty to the young man who may never met her standards...
JD's a keeper!! He just texted "Awesome concert! We are headed to Meet & Greet now" so he's having a good time too! (I imagine Tori is walking on air about now!! )

Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #1462
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
How are you enjoying our storm we made it back to AKL just in time. Guess its dinner at Mara tonight! I'm not going anywhere in this!
Glad you are having a good time anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi to all AKL & Kadani groupies. Sorry that I have been MIA most of this week....difficult week. Our friend who has cancer has been very ill, he is not doing well at all.

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. I usually just print up stuff and stick it in a manila envelope. This will be much easier as I will have things under dividers in order of our trip. That way I can just take out what I need that day. Up to October 5th that is. I know you are all waiting to ask so here is the answer, no, he is not giving even a breath of a hint.

Wishing all those heading out on their trips a wonderful, pixie dust filled, vacation with decent weather and no hurricanes.

Have to read back to catch up on what I have missed....a lot of pages.

So what has been going on...you all look the same with lots of boo boo's. Looks like you all have been very, very naughty.

Ann
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Quote:
Hi, Js & Ks! :

The party was a huge hit. Bob's Dad had no idea we were coming and one of his brothers also showed up unannounced. It was a great time. I am tired from driving over 600 miles in the past 24 hours. but I am so glad I took Bob to see his Dad on such an important day!

Looks like it was a lovely party!

Quote:
I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!!

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive.
What magical memories!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 17/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #1463
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Evening J's & K's - WOW - are we getting a soaking!!! I can only imagine what our friends down in fl. are getting!!!

Quote:
I love 'em.

But then, I like coffee, chocolate, and booze. They're right in my culinary wheelhouse.
We're like twinnies!!! LOL - well, minus the coffee -

Quote:
Well I like to eat coffee flavored things but I don't drink coffee.....

Booze a.k.a. germ killer is in my wheelhouse
LOL - same here, I never drink coffee, but love the flavor - in Japan, they have these coffee bean candies, OMG they are awesome!!!

Quote:
I agree...they lose something when they're cold. When we buy them at the Mara, we always open the container and let them "breath" for about 30 min before we dig in.
Agree - you are right, the key is to let them breathe for a little bit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
How are you enjoying our storm we made it back to AKL just in time. Guess its dinner at Mara tonight! I'm not going anywhere in this!
OH lord, I feel for you, we are getting it bad here, I can only imagine. Stay safe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi to all AKL & Kadani groupies. Sorry that I have been MIA most of this week....difficult week. Our friend who has cancer has been very ill, he is not doing well at all.

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. I usually just print up stuff and stick it in a manila envelope. This will be much easier as I will have things under dividers in order of our trip. That way I can just take out what I need that day. Up to October 5th that is. I know you are all waiting to ask so here is the answer, no, he is not giving even a breath of a hint.

Wishing all those heading out on their trips a wonderful, pixie dust filled, vacation with decent weather and no hurricanes.

Have to read back to catch up on what I have missed....a lot of pages.

So what has been going on...you all look the same with lots of boo boo's. Looks like you all have been very, very naughty.

Ann
Hugs Ann, sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers sent your way!

Quote:
Hi, Js & Ks! :

Awwww - how sweet Elin. YOU are an angel!!! I know it must've been a special time for all!! Hugs

Quote:

AWWWW - JD - how sweet!!! What a great Daddy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yeah if you like your Cajun tag, I'd best not veture over there, although you could become Cajun Boo Boo!
Yeah, I'm NOT heading over there - NO WAY!!! The Tag Fairy is not a fan of mine............ as you all know!!! hahahhaha

Quote:
JD's a keeper!! He just texted "Awesome concert! We are headed to Meet & Greet now" so he's having a good time too! (I imagine Tori is walking on air about now!! )
Love it!!! I remember one time my dad doing all he could do to take me to see KISS -
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #1464
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Good morning and Happy Saturday Js & Ks!!

I am almost packed!

To update my story last night, JD & Tori made it home 4:30 this morning!! Tori met her beloved Hunter Hayes at the Meet & Greet! He signed her CD, ticket stub, hugged her and talked to her a bit so she is still on cloud 9!!

Daddy done good for his little girl!!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #1465
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:

I am almost packed!

To update my story last night, JD & Tori made it home 4:30 this morning!! Tori met her beloved Hunter Hayes at the Meet & Greet! He signed her CD, ticket stub, hugged her and talked to her a bit so she is still on cloud 9!!

I have seen the look in JD's eyes when he sees Tori... I never doubted he would do something this awesome for her.

Have a great trip, my friend. Wish I was going to be there with you!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #1466
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, Jamborinis and Kidanites!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #1467
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Apparently we have not had enough traveling this week: We are going to visit Kristin today! It is restaurant week in Alexandria and a lunch date is in order.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #1468
dgbg100106

Quote:
That is so sweet....

You only have 1 day until Disney.... You have NOT packed yet right?

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #1469
dgbg100106

Quote:

I am almost packed!

So I have to tell you that my Daddy still calls my Little Girl! I have a VM on my phone that I continue to save, that starts off "Hey Little Girl...." I will always be my Daddy's little girl...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #1470
dgbg100106

Quote:
Good morning, Jamborinis and Kidanites!
Morning Elin!!!! and all the J's and K's...

2013 Cruising adventures
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: