Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #1441
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Here now for our first time! Such a beautiful place! We checked in around 2 yesterday and all I asked for was to NOT have a first floor room...critters and all. We were assigned a room on the zebra trail...which is awesome because I assumed, since we got such a dirt cheap rate and had a standard booked, that we would be overlooking the bus or parking lot (which we were fine with). We are about as far as you can get from the lobby and it's not a long walk, IMO. About 2 minutes.

This place is gorgeous. Went out to Arusha Rock last night and the kids toasted marshmallows. We had 6 giraffe and 2 zebras off the observation deck yesterday evening...just amazing.

We slept great last night - up and moving now b/c we are eating Boma in a bit.

There are 2 things, though, that strike me as odd.

1) The bathroom is so small that the shower curtain gets stuck on the door when you go to shut it.

2) we feel more crowded in this room than we do in the value rooms. Not sure why that is, at all. But we just do.

I am still so happy we are here....and will be sad to check out on Sunday to head to another resort!

Oh, and there is a bounceback in the room for next summer...totally contemplating it!!
How are you enjoying our storm we made it back to AKL just in time. Guess its dinner at Mara tonight! I'm not going anywhere in this!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #1442
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Good morning Js & Ks!




Elin, a Jambo ATL Flip Burger Meet is a great idea!!!




I agree - you are due some new tags. I have been over to Kimmar's Snarky Bacon Tour 2012 and I can't keep up at all!!! By the time I catch up on the back-reading, I'm already 3 or 4 pages behind again!! But, if you really want new tags, I think that's the place you've got to be!!
I have been reading and posting on Kim's Bacon Tag Fairy triple dog dare you thread for a while, to no avail. Oh well, I really should not complain as I DO have tags and others remain tagless!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #1443
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy
 
Minnesota!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow!
Posts: 8,621

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
What disappointed you about the food at AoA? I've been looking forward to trying it!
I got the veggie burger - and asked if I could make a substitution (cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack) and it was a big production. For my burger it took an easy 15 minutes. And it wasn't tasty...lots of flour in and on it to hold it together. It was just bad. DH had the chicken burger and it was ice cold by the time we got to sit down and eat (because of mine taking so long). I really wanted the indian chow and got sidetracked and order the burger for some reason when I went to order my son's food. OTOH, my ODS loved the kids chicken burger.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
How was the pool area? I'm STILL contemplating bailing on it this time and staying at a host resort instead for the one night we have booked for our 1/2 marathon...
Love the pool area, but for being "the largest pool on property"...it doesn't feel that big. DH and the boys each said today they prefer the hippy dippy pool at Pop. I do like the zero entry and the slide, but other than that...meh. It's water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
How are you enjoying our storm we made it back to AKL just in time. Guess its dinner at Mara tonight! I'm not going anywhere in this!
Nice storm!! We had just come in from swimming and we had 3 giraffe right off our balcony. We were out looking at them and BOOOM the thunder started! It was a beautiful storm. Let the kids take the DS's out and play for a while as Dh napped (the TV went out during the storm) and I watched the rain. We have this HUGE ugly, scary bug taking refuge on our balcony now, though. the body is at least 1/2 dollar size and the legs have little spikes on it!!!
__________________
Minnesota! is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #1444
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Where can I find this magical thread?

Corinna
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977521&page=124


I can't even keep up with it!!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #1445
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
So now my Tags says "Brandi Boo Boo"
And I notice that Kim's has changed again too!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #1446
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Hi to all AKL & Kadani groupies. Sorry that I have been MIA most of this week....difficult week. Our friend who has cancer has been very ill, he is not doing well at all.

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. I usually just print up stuff and stick it in a manila envelope. This will be much easier as I will have things under dividers in order of our trip. That way I can just take out what I need that day. Up to October 5th that is. I know you are all waiting to ask so here is the answer, no, he is not giving even a breath of a hint.

Wishing all those heading out on their trips a wonderful, pixie dust filled, vacation with decent weather and no hurricanes.

Have to read back to catch up on what I have missed....a lot of pages.

So what has been going on...you all look the same with lots of boo boo's. Looks like you all have been very, very naughty.

Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #1447
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I have been reading and posting on Kim's Bacon Tag Fairy triple dog dare you thread for a while, to no avail. Oh well, I really should not complain as I DO have tags and others remain tagless!
If you head over there, you will very likely end up Boo Boo'ed!!! Tag Fairy's been very, very busy the past couple days!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
And I notice that Kim's has changed again too!
We don't think she's seen it yet!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
I got the veggie burger - and asked if I could make a substitution (cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack) and it was a big production. For my burger it took an easy 15 minutes. And it wasn't tasty...lots of flour in and on it to hold it together. It was just bad. DH had the chicken burger and it was ice cold by the time we got to sit down and eat (because of mine taking so long). I really wanted the indian chow and got sidetracked and order the burger for some reason when I went to order my son's food. OTOH, my ODS loved the kids chicken burger.
Thanks - I'll be sure to stay away from the burger!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #1448
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi to all AKL & Kadani groupies. Sorry that I have been MIA most of this week....difficult week. Our friend who has cancer has been very ill, he is not doing well at all.

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. I usually just print up stuff and stick it in a manila envelope. This will be much easier as I will have things under dividers in order of our trip. That way I can just take out what I need that day. Up to October 5th that is. I know you are all waiting to ask so here is the answer, no, he is not giving even a breath of a hint.

Wishing all those heading out on their trips a wonderful, pixie dust filled, vacation with decent weather and no hurricanes.

Have to read back to catch up on what I have missed....a lot of pages.

So what has been going on...you all look the same with lots of boo boo's. Looks like you all have been very, very naughty.

Ann
So sorry to hear that Ann. Prayers for your friend and his family.


It wasn't us being naughty, honest. It was all Kimmar!!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #1449
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,522

You all are Booed!!! I love it!
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1450
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,522

Hi, Js & Ks! :

The party was a huge hit. Bob's Dad had no idea we were coming and one of his brothers also showed up unannounced. It was a great time. I am tired from driving over 600 miles in the past 24 hours. but I am so glad I took Bob to see his Dad on such an important day!

__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #1451
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!!

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive.
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #1452
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Hi, Js & Ks! :

The party was a huge hit. Bob's Dad had no idea we were coming and one of his brothers also showed up unannounced. It was a great time. I am tired from driving over 600 miles in the past 24 hours. but I am so glad I took Bob to see his Dad on such an important day!

Awww, what a great surprise!! Elin, your Bob looks GREAT! I can only imagine how exhausted you are, but what a wonderful thing you did for them!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1453
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover
 
John's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,936

Elin,

Thanks for posting the picture. Three handsome men!

Bob looks great!
__________________
Kathy

John's Mom is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #1454
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!!

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive.
You rock, JD!!!!! Lucky Tori and lucky you.
__________________
Elin


"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #1455
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty
 
TyRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: IL - Way too far from the Castle!
Posts: 1,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!!

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive.
How awesome for Tori, and JD is a great dad. I love how our dad's do their best to try and get us tickets...ask my dad about trying to score Shaun Cassidy tickets back in the 70's!

Safe travels for them and you!!
__________________
Me DH Our angel pup
May 1995 - 1st Trip! Offsite --- May 2000 - Ramada Offsite & POFQ --- Oct/Nov 2004 - POFQ, 1st MNSSHP on HALLOWEEN!
06 Trip Report - Mickey's Hand is in My Pocket! Sept/Oct 06 11 days!!! WL, AKL, 2nd MNSSHP & Dining Extravaganza Reviews & Pics 9/23-10/3/06
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: