Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #1426
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
I love 'em.

But then, I like coffee, chocolate, and booze. They're right in my culinary wheelhouse.
Well I like to eat coffee flavored things but I don't drink coffee.....

Booze a.k.a. germ killer is in my wheelhouse

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #1427
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I love chocolate coffee and booze as well, so I thought it'd be a slam dunk! You may be on to something very big by saying room temp though hmm! <3
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #1428
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Must try again! and room temp!
I agree...they lose something when they're cold. When we buy them at the Mara, we always open the container and let them "breath" for about 30 min before we dig in.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #1429
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
I love chocolate coffee and booze as well, so I thought it'd be a slam dunk! You may be on to something very big by saying room temp though hmm! <3
As far as I can tell that is the key!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #1430
dgbg100106

Quote:
I agree...they lose something when they're cold. When we buy them at the Mara, we always open the container and let them "breath" for about 30 min before we dig in.
So do we, kind of like a good red, it needs to "breath"...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #1431
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

But you all have to admit, the best Zebra Domes of all come at the end of the meal at Boma!!

Old 08-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #1432
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
But you all have to admit, the best Zebra Domes of all come at the end of the meal at Boma!!

Or, you know...at the begining.

Guilty Confession Time: One zebra dome goes back to my table, on my first trip through the buffet (typically when I get salad..so it's not all bad) and is the very first thing I eat.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #1433
dgbg100106

Quote:

Guilty Confession Time: One zebra dome goes back to my table, on my first trip through the buffet (typically when I get salad..so it's not all bad) and is the very first thing I eat.
Nice!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #1434
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Nice!
I like that idea!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #1435
YoYoAurora

Pity my DH! It's a long list
And now back to my usual ignore all schedule
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Quote:

Ooh! You're my kind of person!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #1436
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

bfast at Boma this morning was great! however, DH DREAMS about goat cheese and chive eggs...his one big reason for going there. And they didn't offer them this morning. It was ham and cheese eggs or regular eggs. He was a bit bummed.

however, we tried the french toast bread pudding for the first time and O.M.G. Wow. So super good!

I had my standard grilled tomatoes, chakalaka, asparagus, sambal. then the bread pudding, a choc chip crossaint and some fruit.

we went to AoA to check it out after swimming after breakfast (NOT impressed...) walked around, and then ended up having lunch there (disappointing to the extreme...), came back here and swam for a few more hours. In the room now enjoying a thunderstorm!

I do think its the curved rod that makes the curtain catch in the door. It's not a big deal but annoying.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #1437
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

What disappointed you about the food at AoA? I've been looking forward to trying it!

Old 08-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #1438
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
bfast at Boma this morning was great! however, DH DREAMS about goat cheese and chive eggs...his one big reason for going there. And they didn't offer them this morning. It was ham and cheese eggs or regular eggs. He was a bit bummed.

however, we tried the french toast bread pudding for the first time and O.M.G. Wow. So super good!

I had my standard grilled tomatoes, chakalaka, asparagus, sambal. then the bread pudding, a choc chip crossaint and some fruit.

we went to AoA to check it out after swimming after breakfast (NOT impressed...) walked around, and then ended up having lunch there (disappointing to the extreme...), came back here and swam for a few more hours. In the room now enjoying a thunderstorm!

I do think its the curved rod that makes the curtain catch in the door. It's not a big deal but annoying.
How was the pool area? I'm STILL contemplating bailing on it this time and staying at a host resort instead for the one night we have booked for our 1/2 marathon...
Old 08-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #1439
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think all you have to do is post on that thread that the Tag Fairy gives you a Boo Boo tag! At least that's how it seems!
Where can I find this magical thread?

Corinna
Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #1440
Sue M
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Sue M;45926749] yay, we made it. Ft. Lauderdale portion of trip is over and we drove up on Wednesday the 22nd. 3 hrs on turnpike. We checked in at 10:00 am

Tried on line check in for the first time. We were met at the door, and was asked to take a seat in lobby while they looked up my folder. Asked for photo ID, and we were done. Wow! Our room wasn't ready, apparently the resort is 100% full

Our plans were to go to TL, and had our pool bag packed. So we left luggage and grocery bags with bell service and headed out.

We did Crush & Gusher, had a bite at Typhoon Tilly, then noticed the big black clouds coming our way everyone was running for the exits. So we did too. Not much of a day at TL. Oh well. We still had rental car from Ft Lauderdale, so we headed over to Publix for room supplies.

It was now 3pm, amd no text from AKL but we headed over anyway, and our room was ready. Pool view, 4th floor, 1 st pod on Zebra Trail. Great!! My request was 4th floor Zebra Trail, so happy we got our requests

Got unpacked and headed over to CCC to return car. Shuttle driver gave us a choice of being dropped at TTC, or GF lol. Much nicer to just hop on monorail or boat from GF. After a stroll around of course, did someone say shopping???

Hopped on monorail to MK. Woman blocking most of exit with stroller, and complaining how people are bumping into her getting off .

On to MK and burger at Cosmic Rays, love that topping bar! Rode Buzz twice, and watched wishes.

We took our time walking out, and browsed the shops while waiting for the crowds to depart, and still it was a 2 bus wait to get back to AKL.

DAY 2
Epcot day! First off Sorin FP. Then headed over to Mission to Mars, back to Sorin, Living the Land, The Seas, Figment, then over to WS for yummy tacos and a Mango Maggie did the 3 Caballeros and off to France for the Mime show, so fun. And a cream puff, lol.

Then back to AKL for some pool time with my noodle!

Did some exploring, we haven't stayed here since 2009. Went out to Arusha Rock, then went to the Cultural Safari. We were the only ones there. Very rude family just walked in, went right thru the presentation, started banging on the drums, talking loudly, obv to what's going on around them, unbelievable.

Then met up with a friend at Boma. I had a Zebra dome for everyone of you, lol.

DAY 3
TL day, beautiful day, went on everything except Humanga Cowabunga. We met up with a friend for lunch and a float around the lazy river. Got back to AKL just in time. All hell broke loose. Pouring rain, huge lightening storm. Was going to go to MK emh, but......unless it breaks, staying put.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: