Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #1396
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....personally, only 'anyone who's anyone' shall have a boo-boo tag....
I guess I am anyone...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #1397
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
....Hope you're all well!!! Again, I miss a couple days and WOW - boo boo's all over the place!! I'm guessing this is KIM's fault??!!!!!
....here we go again....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #1398
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Go ahead and try to make yourself feel better
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Those tags seem to be infectious, but I rather like them.

Corinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
My goodness, you ladies are all sparkly now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I think all you have to do is post on that thread that the Tag Fairy gives you a Boo Boo tag! At least that's how it seems!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #1399
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Here now for our first time! Such a beautiful place! We checked in around 2 yesterday and all I asked for was to NOT have a first floor room...critters and all. We were assigned a room on the zebra trail...which is awesome because I assumed, since we got such a dirt cheap rate and had a standard booked, that we would be overlooking the bus or parking lot (which we were fine with). We are about as far as you can get from the lobby and it's not a long walk, IMO. About 2 minutes.

This place is gorgeous. Went out to Arusha Rock last night and the kids toasted marshmallows. We had 6 giraffe and 2 zebras off the observation deck yesterday evening...just amazing.

We slept great last night - up and moving now b/c we are eating Boma in a bit.

There are 2 things, though, that strike me as odd.

1) The bathroom is so small that the shower curtain gets stuck on the door when you go to shut it.

2) we feel more crowded in this room than we do in the value rooms. Not sure why that is, at all. But we just do.

I am still so happy we are here....and will be sad to check out on Sunday to head to another resort!

Oh, and there is a bounceback in the room for next summer...totally contemplating it!!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #1400
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Happy Friday Js & Ks! I will be heading to AKL in a couple days for some fresh Zebra Domes!

Quote:
Hope you're all well!!! Again, I miss a couple days and WOW - boo boo's all over the place!! I'm guessing this is KIM's fault??!!!!!
What was your first clue???!!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #1401
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Here now for our first time! Such a beautiful place! We checked in around 2 yesterday and all I asked for was to NOT have a first floor room...critters and all. We were assigned a room on the zebra trail...which is awesome because I assumed, since we got such a dirt cheap rate and had a standard booked, that we would be overlooking the bus or parking lot (which we were fine with). We are about as far as you can get from the lobby and it's not a long walk, IMO. About 2 minutes.

This place is gorgeous. Went out to Arusha Rock last night and the kids toasted marshmallows. We had 6 giraffe and 2 zebras off the observation deck yesterday evening...just amazing.

We slept great last night - up and moving now b/c we are eating Boma in a bit.

There are 2 things, though, that strike me as odd.

1) The bathroom is so small that the shower curtain gets stuck on the door when you go to shut it.

2) we feel more crowded in this room than we do in the value rooms. Not sure why that is, at all. But we just do.

I am still so happy we are here....and will be sad to check out on Sunday to head to another resort!

Oh, and there is a bounceback in the room for next summer...totally contemplating it!!
Glad you checked in with us!

The rooms in AKL (and WL) are "small" for a deluxe - they are more Mod-sized. Possibly the bigger furniture & beds in the room makes it feel more crowded than the Values. But I think you have to admit, you can't beat the atmosphere!

Have a great vacation!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #1402
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We're here! Live at AKL :)

yay, we made it. Ft. Lauderdale portion of trip is over and we drove up on Wednesday the 22nd. 3 hrs on turnpike. We checked in at 10:00 am

Tried on line check in for the first time. We were met at the door, and was asked to take a seat in lobby while they looked up my folder. Asked for photo ID, and we were done. Wow! Our room wasn't ready, apparently the resort is 100% full

Our plans were to go to TL, and had our pool bag packed. So we left luggage and grocery bags with bell service and headed out.

We did Crush & Gusher, had a bite at Typhoon Tilly, then noticed the big black clouds coming our way everyone was running for the exits. So we did too. Not much of a day at TL. Oh well. We still had rental car from Ft Lauderdale, so we headed over to Publix for room supplies.

It was now 3pm, amd no text from AKL but we headed over anyway, and our room was ready. Pool view, 4th floor, 1 st pod on Zebra Trail. Great!! My request was 4th floor Zebra Trail, so happy we got our requests

Got unpacked and headed over to CCC to return car. Shuttle driver gave us a choice of being dropped at TTC, or GF lol. Much nicer to just hop on monorail or boat from GF. After a stroll around of course, did someone say shopping???

Hopped on monorail to MK. Woman blocking most of exit with stroller, and complaining how people are bumping into her getting off .

On to MK and burger at Cosmic Rays, love that topping bar! Rode Buzz twice, and watched wishes.

We took our time walking out, and browsed the shops while waiting for the crowds to depart, and still it was a 2 bus wait to get back to AKL.

DAY 2
Epcot day! First off Sorin FP. Then headed over to Mission to Mars, back to Sorin, Living the Land, The Seas, Figment, then over to WS for yummy tacos and a Mango Maggie did the 3 Caballeros and off to France for the Mime show, so fun. And a cream puff, lol.

Then back to AKL for some pool time with my noodle!

Did some exploring, we haven't stayed here since 2009. Went out to Arusha Rock, then went to the Cultural Safari. We were the only ones there. Very rude family just walked in, went right thru the presentation, started banging on the drums, talking loudly, obv to what's going on around them, unbelievable.

Then met up with a friend at Boma. I had a Zebra dome for everyone of you, lol.

We're off now to TL today, Day 3
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #1403
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

I miss out on a few days, and I miss getting a boo boo tag

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #1404
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Afternoon J's & K's

Hope you're all well!!! Again, I miss a couple days and WOW - boo boo's all over the place!! I'm guessing this is KIM's fault??!!!!!

Brandi - the pic of you and david at the ballpark was too cute!! Speaking of Chipper, his grandma and mine were very good friends!! I never met Chipper, but, have always heard he is a lovely person. Is he retiring? I don't keep up with the baseball - I'm a football girl!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll send pixie dust so that whatever caused those "boo boo's" gets fixed!!! haha
You don't want to come and join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
My goodness, you ladies are all sparkly now!
Isn't it wonderful. Sparkles for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
yay, we made it. Ft. Lauderdale portion of trip is over and we drove up on Wednesday the 22nd. 3 hrs on turnpike. We checked in at 10:00 am

Tried on line check in for the first time. We were met at the door, and was asked to take a seat in lobby while they looked up my folder. Asked for photo ID, and we were done. Wow! Our room wasn't ready, apparently the resort is 100% full

Our plans were to go to TL, and had our pool bag packed. So we left luggage and grocery bags with bell service and headed out.

We did Crush & Gusher, had a bite at Typhoon Tilly, then noticed the big black clouds coming our way everyone was running for the exits. So we did too. Not much of a day at TL. Oh well. We still had rental car from Ft Lauderdale, so we headed over to Publix for room supplies.

It was now 3pm, amd no text from AKL but we headed over anyway, and our room was ready. Pool view, 4th floor, 1 st pod on Zebra Trail. Great!! My request was 4th floor Zebra Trail, so happy we got our requests

Got unpacked and headed over to CCC to return car. Shuttle driver gave us a choice of being dropped at TTC, or GF lol. Much nicer to just hop on monorail or boat from GF. After a stroll around of course, did someone say shopping???

Hopped on monorail to MK. Woman blocking most of exit with stroller, and complaining how people are bumping into her getting off .

On to MK and burger at Cosmic Rays, love that topping bar! Rode Buzz twice, and watched wishes.

We took our time walking out, and browsed the shops while waiting for the crowds to depart, and still it was a 2 bus wait to get back to AKL.

DAY 2
Epcot day! First off Sorin FP. Then headed over to Mission to Mars, back to Sorin, Living the Land, The Seas, Figment, then over to WS for yummy tacos and a Mango Maggie did the 3 Caballeros and off to France for the Mime show, so fun. And a cream puff, lol.

Then back to AKL for some pool time with my noodle!

Did some exploring, we haven't stayed here since 2009. Went out to Arusha Rock, then went to the Cultural Safari. We were the only ones there. Very rude family just walked in, went right thru the presentation, started banging on the drums, talking loudly, obv to what's going on around them, unbelievable.

Then met up with a friend at Boma. I had a Zebra dome for everyone of you, lol.

We're off now to TL today, Day 3
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #1405
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota!

Ooooo bounce back yeay!!!!! We got one last year it was our first trip we had no idea. I still have it and kick myself occasionally lol.

We have a breakfast and a dinner scheduled at Boma. I am very excited. I hear the food is wonderful. Please report back.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #1406
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #1407
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Laura,

Have a magical vacation and hope you have great weather! It's Central Florida in August; you never know.

Kathy

Old 08-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #1408
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
....I don't know why, but this just struck me as really funny... [ ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #1409
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Laura,

Have a magical vacation and hope you have great weather! It's Central Florida in August; you never know.

Kathy
Thanks, Kathy! I am prepared, whatever the weather!

Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #1410
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....I don't know why, but this just struck me as really funny... [ ]
I agree - it is funny!

I've never noticed that problem in the past.

Watch, now we'll all have it happen when we stay at AKL!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: