Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #1111
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! Arrived in Ft Lauderdale in one piece just a bit jet lagged. Had to ge up at 2am to be at airport for 4pm. Finally checked into our hotel at 8pm. Tried to use phone to call the hubs to tell him we arrived. Couldn't get dial tone, so went down to desk. The guy looked at me and asked-- well, ma'am did you press talk? It's a cordless phone! well, no I didn't. Some may say I was having a blonde moment, but after only 2 hrs sleep, I'm blami g it on jet lag. Brain shut down.

Been here since Tues. getting stuff done for my mom, have to move her to new assisted living. And move her out of old one. Most is done now. And we are looking forward to driving up to WDW on 22nd that's when real vacay will start.

But in the mean time, today is moving day for mom, so better get started.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 08-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #1112
MinnieSkis
Earning My Ears

We are currently booked at YC for 10 nights and for personal reasons we are considering other options.

I'm confused by all of the resort options. If we stay Club Level then we can maybe get a bunk bed but we definitely have a savannah view? The cost difference between a savannah view bunk bed and a standard club level is really minor, am I missing something? But Arusha view bunk bed is slightly more than standard club level but it is not club level?

Can someone please explain the difference? Which would we want if we decided to switch?

Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #1113
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Good morning everyone! Arrived in Ft Lauderdale in one piece just a bit jet lagged. Had to ge up at 2am to be at airport for 4pm. Finally checked into our hotel at 8pm. Tried to use phone to call the hubs to tell him we arrived. Couldn't get dial tone, so went down to desk. The guy looked at me and asked-- well, ma'am did you press talk? It's a cordless phone! well, no I didn't. Some may say I was having a blonde moment, but after only 2 hrs sleep, I'm blami g it on jet lag. Brain shut down.

Been here since Tues. getting stuff done for my mom, have to move her to new assisted living. And move her out of old one. Most is done now. And we are looking forward to driving up to WDW on 22nd that's when real vacay will start.

....well, good luck with the moving...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 08-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #1114
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

From my private collection:
....YUM!!!! Thanks!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #1115
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
17 days is no time at all, you can do it Pam....
I'm trying, it's hard!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #1116
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSkis View Post
We are currently booked at YC for 10 nights and for personal reasons we are considering other options.

I'm confused by all of the resort options. If we stay Club Level then we can maybe get a bunk bed but we definitely have a savannah view? The cost difference between a savannah view bunk bed and a standard club level is really minor, am I missing something? But Arusha view bunk bed is slightly more than standard club level but it is not club level?

Can someone please explain the difference? Which would we want if we decided to switch?

Thank you!
Club level will definitely be Arusha View, but Arusha View bunkbed will not be CL. I just went to check, and CL has the option to have bunkbeds, but I have no idea how many are available. If you switch I would definitely do the CL, you have the guaranteed Arusha View and all the delights of the CL.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #1117
Pinkocto

Quote:

Yes, blame it on the jetlag

I hope moving goes fast.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #1118
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good evening, Js & Ks!

I thought I would check in with y'all now since I won't be here tomorrow. I leave for the airport at 3:30 in the morning for my one-day seminar in Atlanta. Be back by midnight or so. I plan to check in with you on Saturday morning!
Safe travels

That's an early morning! I hope the seminar goes well

Old 08-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #1119
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Safe travels

That's an early morning! I hope the seminar goes well

Happy Friday afternoon Js & Ks!!

I got a text from Elin this morning as they were in the town car heading to Roswell for the seminar.

We have a possibility of storms here later this evening -- I hope that doesn't mess with their flight home.

Speaking of storms, I had an adventure getting back to ATL last night from St. Louis.

I had a 3:20pm (Central time) flight that was already delayed to 4pm when we got to the airport. The plane was making its approach when a violent storm came out of nowhere and after a couple of tries, the plane was diverted to Memphis!

They had us ready to head to the tornado shelters. Lambert-St. Louis Airport still isn't fully repaired from the tornado they had in April 2011. It didn't do well in this storm either, several of the "jet-bridges" detached from the high winds!

Eventually (4+ hours later) our plane arrived and we were able to head to ATL! The flight took an extra 45 minutes because we had to fly around the storms.

So 11pm on a Thursday night, heading home from the airport -- HUGE traffic jam in downtown Atlanta!!

Good to be back home! I had to turn down an opportunity to go to Ft Drum soon because it conflicts with my WDW TRIP!!!!

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #1120
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

I got a text from Elin this morning as they were in the town car heading to Roswell for the seminar.

We have a possibility of storms here later this evening -- I hope that doesn't mess with their flight home.

Speaking of storms, I had an adventure getting back to ATL last night from St. Louis.

I had a 3:20pm (Central time) flight that was already delayed to 4pm when we got to the airport. The plane was making its approach when a violent storm came out of nowhere and after a couple of tries, the plane was diverted to Memphis!

They had us ready to head to the tornado shelters. Lambert-St. Louis Airport still isn't fully repaired from the tornado they had in April 2011. It didn't do well in this storm either, several of the "jet-bridges" detached from the high winds!

Eventually (4+ hours later) our plane arrived and we were able to head to ATL! The flight took an extra 45 minutes because we had to fly around the storms.

So 11pm on a Thursday night, heading home from the airport -- HUGE traffic jam in downtown Atlanta!!

Good to be back home! I had to turn down an opportunity to go to Ft Drum soon because it conflicts with my WDW TRIP!!!!

Whew! What a trip! Enjoy your weekend, too!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 33/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 08-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #1121
Pinkocto

Wow Laura, what a day! I'm glad you finally got home safely.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #1122
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

Boy that sucks,,, sounds like you were just trying too hard to have fun!

I am glad you are safe and sound at home!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #1123
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the good wishes! Things are going well, and I'm counting down to Wed when I drive thru that arch! My fav part of entering WDW. Always get a thrill driving under. Then you know you've arrived!

Wicked T storm here today.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #1124
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Whew! What a trip! Enjoy your weekend, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Wow Laura, what a day! I'm glad you finally got home safely.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Boy that sucks,,, sounds like you were just trying too hard to have fun!

I am glad you are safe and sound at home!
It was very stressful -- more so for the many passengers who had connecting flights in ATL. For the 4+ hours this was all taking place, the Delta employee working our gate (a young woman) is probably the reason the chaos didn't erupt into tempers flaring!!

That awesome employee kept us posted on what was going on and always kept a smile on her face. At one point she was working 3 delayed flights at her gate! She was re-booking flights at a pace I've never seen!

I felt worst for the Soldiers who were heading home on leave (6 or 7). They were all spending the night either in St. Louis or Atlanta. None of them were able to make it home last night.

No storms here in ATL after all. Elin texted a little while ago from the town car. She and her colleagues are on their way to ATL Airport for their flight home tonight.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #1125
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Thanks for the good wishes! Things are going well, and I'm counting down to Wed when I drive thru that arch! My fav part of entering WDW. Always get a thrill driving under. Then you know you've arrived!

Wicked T storm here today.
Stay safe. Lots of violent weather in the southeast the past couple of days.

Just remember, you're going to WDW!!!! (very soon! )

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: