Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #961
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
From the Christmas specials I've seen I think it's the night after Thanksgiving.
Thanks, that helps me, too. I want to spend some time resort hopping and seeing as many Christmas decorations as I can. Looks like I may be doing this on the Sunday before Mickey's Very Merry Halloween Party and I had a anyway planned to do some resort hopping on the Monday. I suppose we can always finish it off on the last day before going back to the airport.

Corinna
Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #962
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Thank you! The ones that would be easy for us to make don't seem exciting and the ones that are of course are on days that would be problematic... hmmm! I will go to at least one - can't knowingly go to F&W and NOT after all! Thanks again!
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #963
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Elin.....

I have to go to Suffolk tomorrow and tuesday for work... Do you know any places to eat?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #964
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Linda - Thanks for the Fruunch! I think it would be delicious with a healthy splash of a good Spanish cava in it, don't you? Better than a plain old Mimosa!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #965
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Elin.....

I have to go to Suffolk tomorrow and tuesday for work... Do you know any places to eat?
Sorry, my friend... Only place I know in Suffolk would be the home of my old college room mate!

ETA: What about this spot??? Although I see that it is closed on Mondays, like so many of our locally owned restaurants around here.

http://www.vintagetavernvirginia.com/

Or here... http://www.theplaidturnip.com/index.html

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."

Last edited by PNO4TE; 08-12-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #966
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Sorry, my friend... Only place I know in Suffolk would be the home of my old college room mate!
Well it was worth a try.... Any place along the way I am open to also... But since I don't know your college room mate, they might not make me dinner...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #967
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post

ETA: What about this spot??? Although I see that it is closed on Mondays, like so many of our locally owned restaurants around here.

http://www.vintagetavernvirginia.com/

Or here... http://www.theplaidturnip.com/index.html
yummy.... That shrimp n grits is a weakness of mine...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #968
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Happy Sunday J's & K's - hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

Quote:
Wendy, I'm glad you have dates for Hawaii I hope you'll be able to stay longer, that'll be nice.

Have fun by the pool!
Thanks - those are just the tenative dates, of course I can't book yet - darn DH, we should just add on at Aulani!!! don't ya think!!! LOL

Quote:
I have added your dates... I hope you take tons of pictures and have a wonderful time! I am so excited for you!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
You all really blew me away with your posts.
You are the most amazing, caring, fun and funny group of people and I am so very glad and thankful that I am part of this group. Thank you all for your comments and cute and funny thoughts. I wasn't trying to create drama or keep everyone is suspense. Things just moved really, really fast yesterday with my hubby stopping me in mid-dial to book F&W. Plus it took me awhile to take it all in and process such a major change to a trip that I have been planning for months. Not, that I was upset with him or anything....he just never does anything like this... EVER.

Thank you all for your friendship and caring. I realize that I have as many or more friends on the DIS than in real life.

Ann
Hugs, I'm excited for you - the not knowing what is going on would drive me crazy, but, I'd SO excited too!!!

Quote:
Hmmm, I would think so since they sell frozen pizza, but I have no idea. Have only stayed in studios so far.
Pam, I told her above, they DO have them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
I'm in single digits!!!!!
We can't wait to ride the DME to AKL!
Yay!! Have Fun

Quote:
I feel the same way about everyone here, we have shared so much of our lives, I feel like I know some of you better than my 3D friends
I know - same here - you are all such a wonderful group of people, I feel blessed to know all of you - and even more so that some of us have actually met in RL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

Hope everyone has a sunshiny day!
YUMM - thanks

Quote:
Happy Sunday Everybody

Brandi - I made shrimp and grits a couple nights ago.......... OMG it was amazing!!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #969
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Brandi - I made shrimp and grits a couple nights ago.......... OMG it was amazing!!
share?

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #970
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Hooray! My husband is home and watched a couple of Wanyama videos on Youtube to get a feel for the variety of animals we might see... he OKed going for it! Now I will be nervous until they open up tomorrow morning since they have already closed for the evening but if all goes well we will be doing the Wanyama Safari and Remy on the ship instead of Victoria and Alberts.... Sorry to see V&As go, but that is something we can do anytime and we are not sure when we will be able to stay at AKL or be on one of the new ships again. I am happy!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #971
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Hooray! My husband is home and watched a couple of Wanyama videos on Youtube to get a feel for the variety of animals we might see... he OKed going for it! Now I will be nervous until they open up tomorrow morning since they have already closed for the evening but if all goes well we will be doing the Wanyama Safari and Remy on the ship instead of Victoria and Alberts.... Sorry to see V&As go, but that is something we can do anytime and we are not sure when we will be able to stay at AKL or be on one of the new ships again. I am happy!
I am glad you got what you wanted, and true V&As is not going anywhere... But, did you see that they are changing the seating times and the menu?

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #972
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Just did our on-line check in for AKL. Yay! This is the first time using it. I've always shied away from on line for some reason- guess afraid it will be less magical, less chance of one of those upgrades, room requests won't be met......... But thought I'd give it a chance. How bad can it be, right
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #973
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi everyone I am so sorry that I kept you all waiting. I really didn’t think it would be this long before I could sit down and fill you in. However, things have become even more interesting since my post yesterday afternoon.

First, remember back 3-4 months ago I posted that my DH told me that he would book our airline reservations (a first for him in 29 years of marriage.) Well I had the thought that our kids might be coming to WDW to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary.

DH said he was trying to keep everything a surprise but he had to tell me yesterday morning because I was getting ready to book and pay for Food & Wine special activities. He thought I would put in requests through IPO next week and he had already talked to them so they were not going to book them. Then he learned I was booking yesterday by phone so he had to tell me. So here is my disappointing and yet exciting news.

Our kids are not coming to WDW at all…they can’t afford it and we can’t afford to pay for them all to come. I certainly can understand that.

We are leaving WDW before the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. So I will not be meeting you all and no DIS meet for me. (we need a kicking dirt smilie here) This part has been really difficult for me to take as I was so excited to finally meet you all in person. Along with all of us enjoying seminars, The Ditch, and Wine and Dine with you all as well as all the other possible get togethers with everyone.

Now to the exciting part. I don’t know all the details…but he told me the following. “We are leaving Florida for a second vacation that involves ocean, sand and one of the best times in your life…” So what do you all think it is? He is NOT talking, just smiling a lot! And I haven't seen any hints of things on our credit card or finances. I really don’t think it is a Disney cruise or any cruise as I would need at least one formal nights clothing and so would he....right?

Is it strange to be sad and yet excited at the same time. He told me today when we will be leaving WDW and I have been cancelling days at AKL CL and Shades of Green.

Ann
Can't wait to hear what the surprise is! My vote is a Cruise!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 08-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #974
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
I am glad you got what you wanted, and true V&As is not going anywhere... But, did you see that they are changing the seating times and the menu?
I did not! I thought they always rotated the menu though... I take it this will be a much larger change? Hmm... I better do more research, huh?
Old 08-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #975
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Happy Sunday J's & K's - hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!
Hope you did too

Quote:

Thanks - those are just the tenative dates, of course I can't book yet - darn DH, we should just add on at Aulani!!! don't ya think!!! LOL
Absolutely!

Quote:

Pam, I told her above, they DO have them!!
Thanks. I somehow missed your reply. I feel bad when questions get missed.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: