Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #946
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Whew.... I couln't find you guys at first & I have an important question...

When do they put up the Christmas Tree at Jambo House???

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 08-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #947
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post

...you're going to really love the decorations!
Or this one, when do they put it up????

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #948
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi everyone I am so sorry that I kept you all waiting. I really didn’t think it would be this long before I could sit down and fill you in. However, things have become even more interesting since my post yesterday afternoon.

First, remember back 3-4 months ago I posted that my DH told me that he would book our airline reservations (a first for him in 29 years of marriage.) Well I had the thought that our kids might be coming to WDW to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary.

DH said he was trying to keep everything a surprise but he had to tell me yesterday morning because I was getting ready to book and pay for Food & Wine special activities. He thought I would put in requests through IPO next week and he had already talked to them so they were not going to book them. Then he learned I was booking yesterday by phone so he had to tell me. So here is my disappointing and yet exciting news.

Our kids are not coming to WDW at all…they can’t afford it and we can’t afford to pay for them all to come. I certainly can understand that.

We are leaving WDW before the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. So I will not be meeting you all and no DIS meet for me. (we need a kicking dirt smilie here) This part has been really difficult for me to take as I was so excited to finally meet you all in person. Along with all of us enjoying seminars, The Ditch, and Wine and Dine with you all as well as all the other possible get togethers with everyone.

Now to the exciting part. I don’t know all the details…but he told me the following. “We are leaving Florida for a second vacation that involves ocean, sand and one of the best times in your life…” So what do you all think it is? He is NOT talking, just smiling a lot! And I haven't seen any hints of things on our credit card or finances. I really don’t think it is a Disney cruise or any cruise as I would need at least one formal nights clothing and so would he....right?

Is it strange to be sad and yet excited at the same time. He told me today when we will be leaving WDW and I have been cancelling days at AKL CL and Shades of Green.

Ann
I am sorry that you have to leave WDW earlier than you were hoping for and that you will be missing some of the things you had look forward to, but this new change sounds exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Ann,

I'm so sorry that you won't be able to attend the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. It's so sad that you won't be able to meet the AKL gang.

I wonder what Tim has up his sleave. Could it be some beautiful island on the East Coast? Or, even though you have already been to Hawaii, would he return and take you to Aulani?

Whatever it is, it sounds exciting.

Will be in touch,
Kathy
I have to say Aulani is what I thought of straight away.

Quote:
We are leaving 10/5. Great thought Laura, but we have to be somewhere on Saturday the 6th. It is exciting and the fact that he is planning all this is really wonderful. I think now that I have done all the cancel of days and dinning reservations I can really think about the time we have at WDW and what he has up his sleeve next.

I will keep you all posted.

Ann
Well maybe it is a cruise after all. Initially I thought if it is a cruise, it would be a Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy, which sets sail on October 6th, but then when I saw you were leaving on October 5th as you had to be somewhere on the 6th, I was then thinking maybe the Magic out of Galveston, which also sets sail on the 6th.

Corinna
Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #949
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Is there a list of things aside from the super special ones (all of which fall on days/times I wont be there)
There sure is!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...logyByDate.pdf

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...naryByDate.pdf

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...rageByDate.pdf

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 08-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #950
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, Js & Ks!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #951
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Ann - thanks for checking in with your updated plans as you know them. It sounds so very exciting for you although I am so very sad that we won't get to meet.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #952
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Hi everyone I am so sorry that I kept you all waiting. I really didn’t think it would be this long before I could sit down and fill you in. However, things have become even more interesting since my post yesterday afternoon.

First, remember back 3-4 months ago I posted that my DH told me that he would book our airline reservations (a first for him in 29 years of marriage.) Well I had the thought that our kids might be coming to WDW to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary.

DH said he was trying to keep everything a surprise but he had to tell me yesterday morning because I was getting ready to book and pay for Food & Wine special activities. He thought I would put in requests through IPO next week and he had already talked to them so they were not going to book them. Then he learned I was booking yesterday by phone so he had to tell me. So here is my disappointing and yet exciting news.

Our kids are not coming to WDW at all…they can’t afford it and we can’t afford to pay for them all to come. I certainly can understand that.

We are leaving WDW before the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. So I will not be meeting you all and no DIS meet for me. (we need a kicking dirt smilie here) This part has been really difficult for me to take as I was so excited to finally meet you all in person. Along with all of us enjoying seminars, The Ditch, and Wine and Dine with you all as well as all the other possible get togethers with everyone.

Now to the exciting part. I don’t know all the details…but he told me the following. “We are leaving Florida for a second vacation that involves ocean, sand and one of the best times in your life…” So what do you all think it is? He is NOT talking, just smiling a lot! And I haven't seen any hints of things on our credit card or finances. I really don’t think it is a Disney cruise or any cruise as I would need at least one formal nights clothing and so would he....right?

Is it strange to be sad and yet excited at the same time. He told me today when we will be leaving WDW and I have been cancelling days at AKL CL and Shades of Green.

Ann
Ann, I think this is exciting and if David did this to me, I would be excited for the surprise but it would drive me crazy at the same time. I would bug him forever and then he would break down and tell me, he can't keep things like this from me...

But I think it is wonderful!

Also, you don't have to go to a formal night on the cruises and they also rent gowns and tux on them... you can even get shoes...all he would have to tell them is your sizes and it would all be done!

I am excited for you....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #953
dgbg100106

Quote:
You all really blew me away with your posts.
You are the most amazing, caring, fun and funny group of people and I am so very glad and thankful that I am part of this group. Thank you all for your comments and cute and funny thoughts. I wasn't trying to create drama or keep everyone is suspense. Things just moved really, really fast yesterday with my hubby stopping me in mid-dial to book F&W. Plus it took me awhile to take it all in and process such a major change to a trip that I have been planning for months. Not, that I was upset with him or anything....he just never does anything like this... EVER.

Thank you all for your friendship and caring. I realize that I have as many or more friends on the DIS than in real life.

Ann
I feel the same way about everyone here, we have shared so much of our lives, I feel like I know some of you better than my 3D friends

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #954
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
I'm in single digits!!!!!
We can't wait to ride the DME to AKL!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #955
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!
Morning!!!!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #956
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

Hope everyone has a sunshiny day!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 10/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #957
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post

Sorry, I don't remember the date - but to the best of my recollection, it isn't as early as Osborne Lights and MVMCP...... IIRC, it was around Thanksgiving and the tree appeared (fully decorated) overnight!

Quote:
Good morning, Js & Ks!
Good morning, dear friend!

Quote:
Ann - thanks for checking in with your updated plans as you know them. It sounds so very exciting for you although I am so very sad that we won't get to meet.
Same here. So close - maybe next time. We will miss you, but we are so excited for your surprise celebration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I feel the same way about everyone here, we have shared so much of our lives, I feel like I know some of you better than my 3D friends
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

Hope everyone has a sunshiny day!
Great way to start the day! Thanks, Linda!

Happy Sunday Js & Ks!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #958
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
I'm in single digits!!!!!
We can't wait to ride the DME to AKL!

Very exciting!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #959
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post

From the Christmas specials I've seen I think it's the night after Thanksgiving.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14
Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #960
Pinkocto

Happy Sunday Everybody

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: