Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #931
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover
 
John's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Did you feel like there were so many similarities that it would be silly to pay $170 pp though..? Or was it different enough that you did not regret a thing? We can always book a dinner at Jiko so the animal part would be the draw..!
If you want to get really close to the animals, then go on the Wanyama Safari. Otherwise enjoy a wonderful dinner at Jiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I got everything I wanted to book for F & W, Wendy... I forgot to answer that question!!
Great news!
__________________
Kathy

John's Mom is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #932
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post

Well, since I WILL be shopping anyway, you know, picking up some things for you would be my pleasure!!! LOL -- and our dates are tenatively for May 18 -June 4th.

I have added your dates... I hope you take tons of pictures and have a wonderful time! I am so excited for you!
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #933
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm glad the soldiers have been so welcoming. I don't have much experience with the military, but I always thought they were 'supposed' to be respectful and nice. I'm sorry you've encountered otherwise.

Have a great weekend exploring What do you like from Panera? one of my favorites is the cheese souffle at breakfast, so delicious!
Oh, all the soldiers on every base I've visited have been very polite -- this has just been a little bit better!

I had the Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad at Panera today -- one of my favorites! I love their breakfast sandwiches, salads, sandwiches........ I don't think there isn't anything there I don't like!!

We went exploring to some of the little towns today and I have to say, their literature gave them a build-up that led to a letdown for us! But like I told my colleague -- "at least we know!"



Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I was hoping that there would be an update from Ann. The suspense is killing me.

Corinna
I agree and I haven't been able to go back and read all the posts!! I do know it's something about a change of plans??

Ann - don't leave everyone hanging like this, PLEASE!!!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #934
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Hi everyone I am so sorry that I kept you all waiting. I really didn’t think it would be this long before I could sit down and fill you in. However, things have become even more interesting since my post yesterday afternoon.

First, remember back 3-4 months ago I posted that my DH told me that he would book our airline reservations (a first for him in 29 years of marriage.) Well I had the thought that our kids might be coming to WDW to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary.

DH said he was trying to keep everything a surprise but he had to tell me yesterday morning because I was getting ready to book and pay for Food & Wine special activities. He thought I would put in requests through IPO next week and he had already talked to them so they were not going to book them. Then he learned I was booking yesterday by phone so he had to tell me. So here is my disappointing and yet exciting news.

Our kids are not coming to WDW at all…they can’t afford it and we can’t afford to pay for them all to come. I certainly can understand that.

We are leaving WDW before the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. So I will not be meeting you all and no DIS meet for me. (we need a kicking dirt smilie here) This part has been really difficult for me to take as I was so excited to finally meet you all in person. Along with all of us enjoying seminars, The Ditch, and Wine and Dine with you all as well as all the other possible get togethers with everyone.

Now to the exciting part. I don’t know all the details…but he told me the following. “We are leaving Florida for a second vacation that involves ocean, sand and one of the best times in your life…” So what do you all think it is? He is NOT talking, just smiling a lot! And I haven't seen any hints of things on our credit card or finances. I really don’t think it is a Disney cruise or any cruise as I would need at least one formal nights clothing and so would he....right?

Is it strange to be sad and yet excited at the same time. He told me today when we will be leaving WDW and I have been cancelling days at AKL CL and Shades of Green.

Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #935
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
foul... i call foul.... That is not fair... dropping a bomb like that and then running off.....


FOUL.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
That sounds intriguing. I hope it is good news.

Corinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I hope that your haircut and shopping are really worth it - leaving us hanging like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
** ANN - for goodness sake - come back, how long does it take to get a haircut!!!! SHEESH!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I was hoping that there would be an update from Ann. The suspense is killing me.
Corinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I agree and I haven't been able to go back and read all the posts!! I do know it's something about a change of plans??

Ann - don't leave everyone hanging like this, PLEASE!!!
You all really blew me away with your posts.
You are the most amazing, caring, fun and funny group of people and I am so very glad and thankful that I am part of this group. Thank you all for your comments and cute and funny thoughts. I wasn't trying to create drama or keep everyone is suspense. Things just moved really, really fast yesterday with my hubby stopping me in mid-dial to book F&W. Plus it took me awhile to take it all in and process such a major change to a trip that I have been planning for months. Not, that I was upset with him or anything....he just never does anything like this... EVER.

Thank you all for your friendship and caring. I realize that I have as many or more friends on the DIS than in real life.

Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #936
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,341

Well, my goodness Ann. I am sure you have to be excited! Sounds like you are in for quite a surprise!!

Do you know what date you will be leaving WDW? Reason I ask is that some of us will be arriving 10/7 or 10/8. Even if we just get a brief Meet -- that's better than nothing!

Keep us posted on your plans.
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #937
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover
 
John's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi everyone I am so sorry that I kept you all waiting. I really didn’t think it would be this long before I could sit down and fill you in. However, things have become even more interesting since my post yesterday afternoon.

First, remember back 3-4 months ago I posted that my DH told me that he would book our airline reservations (a first for him in 29 years of marriage.) Well I had the thought that our kids might be coming to WDW to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary.

DH said he was trying to keep everything a surprise but he had to tell me yesterday morning because I was getting ready to book and pay for Food & Wine special activities. He thought I would put in requests through IPO next week and he had already talked to them so they were not going to book them. Then he learned I was booking yesterday by phone so he had to tell me. So here is my disappointing and yet exciting news.

Our kids are not coming to WDW at all…they can’t afford it and we can’t afford to pay for them all to come. I certainly can understand that.

We are leaving WDW before the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. So I will not be meeting you all and no DIS meet for me. (we need a kicking dirt smilie here) This part has been really difficult for me to take as I was so excited to finally meet you all in person. Along with all of us enjoying seminars, The Ditch, and Wine and Dine with you all as well as all the other possible get togethers with everyone.

Now to the exciting part. I don’t know all the details…but he told me the following. “We are leaving Florida for a second vacation that involves ocean, sand and one of the best times in your life…” So what do you all think it is? He is NOT talking, just smiling a lot! And I haven't seen any hints of things on our credit card or finances. I really don’t think it is a Disney cruise or any cruise as I would need at least one formal nights clothing and so would he....right?

Is it strange to be sad and yet excited at the same time. He told me today when we will be leaving WDW and I have been cancelling days at AKL CL and Shades of Green.

Ann
Ann,

I'm so sorry that you won't be able to attend the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. It's so sad that you won't be able to meet the AKL gang.

I wonder what Tim has up his sleave. Could it be some beautiful island on the East Coast? Or, even though you have already been to Hawaii, would he return and take you to Aulani?

Whatever it is, it sounds exciting.

Will be in touch,
Kathy
__________________
Kathy

John's Mom is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #938
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,177

Ann, that is very exciting! I've thought it was a cruise ever since he started with all this mystery. As sneaky as he's been, he could sneak one of your dresses in his suitcase.

I agree, I would be half sad as well. Tough to plan for months and then have things change. Whatever it is you're going to have a fabulous time. Has he said how long the 'second vacation' will be?
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #939
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyslady View Post
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question i'm hoping someone here can answer. We are going to disney for Christmas staying in a 2br villa. I wanted to bake some cookies one night and have figured I would mix up all the dry ingredients in zip lock bags and bring em with us and then order the wet ingredients from garden grocer. My question is, Does anyone know if they have cookie sheets in the villas?

tia,
Jodi
Hmmm, I would think so since they sell frozen pizza, but I have no idea. Have only stayed in studios so far.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #940
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Thank you all for your friendship and caring. I realize that I have as many or more friends on the DIS than in real life.

Ann
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #941
princesscate
Mouseketeer
 
princesscate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 260

I'm in single digits!!!!!
We can't wait to ride the DME to AKL!
__________________
Me DH DD (9)
princesscate is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #942
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Well, my goodness Ann. I am sure you have to be excited! Sounds like you are in for quite a surprise!!

Do you know what date you will be leaving WDW? Reason I ask is that some of us will be arriving 10/7 or 10/8. Even if we just get a brief Meet -- that's better than nothing!

Keep us posted on your plans.
We are leaving 10/5. Great thought Laura, but we have to be somewhere on Saturday the 6th. It is exciting and the fact that he is planning all this is really wonderful. I think now that I have done all the cancel of days and dinning reservations I can really think about the time we have at WDW and what he has up his sleeve next.

I will keep you all posted.

Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #943
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
I'm in single digits!!!!!
We can't wait to ride the DME to AKL!
Not long now for your trip to start. Congratulations. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Safe travels.



Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #944
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Ann, that is very exciting! I've thought it was a cruise ever since he started with all this mystery. As sneaky as he's been, he could sneak one of your dresses in his suitcase.

I agree, I would be half sad as well. Tough to plan for months and then have things change. Whatever it is you're going to have a fabulous time. Has he said how long the 'second vacation' will be?
Hmm good point Pam. Boy that would be a major surprise. Expecially if he chooses one of my dresses from before I lost the 30 pounds I have lost. Think I will throw something in the suitcase to be on the safe side or show him what I have that fits.

I loved the group hug.

Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #945
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Ann,

I'm so sorry that you won't be able to attend the Swan & Dolphin Wine and Dine. It's so sad that you won't be able to meet the AKL gang.

I wonder what Tim has up his sleave. Could it be some beautiful island on the East Coast? Or, even though you have already been to Hawaii, would he return and take you to Aulani?

Whatever it is, it sounds exciting.

Will be in touch,
Kathy
You all have such great ideas as to what it could be. I would have never thought of Hawaii much less Aulani. I am not sure he even knows the name the new resort. BOY would that be a big surprise! Super expensive to fly from out here to Orlando to then fly Hawaii....but a big surprise.



Ann
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: