Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #916
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Wish people would quit mentioning v&a...dying to try!
Sorry....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #917
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
So I rebooked my vaction. We are now going Janurary 5th to the 13th. Know the best part we are going to get 8 days worth of tickets for cheaper then 6. I also saved us 1,200 from the military discount.

I am a bit excited.
Congratulations on that savings!!! That is fabulous!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #918
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106

Sorry....
It's ok! Off to check out menu....
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #919
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Congrats on the booking! What a great trip you have to look forward to!

"Hi!" from Ft Leonard Wood!

I have to say, the Base is very nice - easy to get around. The buildings we have been in are kept very clean (unlike some other bases I have been! ) Have met some extraordinary soldiers and have been made to feel very welcome (again, unlike some other bases! )

The weather is gorgeous -- heat wave broke and it is very comfortable here. We have the weekend off so will go exploring!

See y'all real soon!

All the hotels near the Base were booked, so we are in Rolla. 2 Panera Breads to choose from!
I'm glad the soldiers have been so welcoming. I don't have much experience with the military, but I always thought they were 'supposed' to be respectful and nice. I'm sorry you've encountered otherwise.

Have a great weekend exploring What do you like from Panera? one of my favorites is the cheese souffle at breakfast, so delicious!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 08-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #920
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

I got everything I wanted to book for F & W, Wendy... I forgot to answer that question!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 08-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #921
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Been a little nuts in our corner of the world lately. Looks like our Disney plans are.......gulp........changing. Have to run for haircut and shopping, will be back with details.

Ann
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

Old 08-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #922
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
foul... i call foul.... That is not fair... dropping a bomb like that and then running off.....

FOUL.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I hope that your haircut and shopping are really worth it - leaving us hanging like that.
I agree!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #923
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, Js & Ks!

Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #924
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I got everything I wanted to book for F & W, Wendy... I forgot to answer that question!!
Is there a list of things aside from the super special ones (all of which fall on days/times I wont be there)
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #925
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Have you ever done V&A before? To me you should try it once at least. If you have, then you know what kind of foodie experience it is and can decide if that is what you want.

The safari is an in depth and personal tour with very limited space and a great dinner with wine afterwards.

For me that would be a hard choice, I love them both.
We have not done V&As yet... we could always do it next time, and I don't know what I am missing so maybe I would not be too heartbroken yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I did both last year on the same trip, never thought I'd be back to AKL so wanted to pack in everything, and thought they were both fabulous. The Wanyama Safari is much more relaxing, no hiking through the woods and what not, just sitting and watching the animals. You get up close and personal with them which was so cool. A giraffe came close enough I could have touched it, and if the CMs weren't there I probably would have Planning to do the Wanyama Safari again next year, and would do the WAT again as well. Enjoyed both immensely, no regrets at all.
Oh my... if we do it I will definitely have to sit on my hands! I am about 80 days out and my husband is out of town so I need to talk to him when he gets back about it and can't book a thing until I do. Well, COULD, but shouldn't! Will it all be sold out already I wonder...
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #926
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!! It's nice here today, so laying out, enjoy the pool - might grill some chicken......... but DS wants chicken tacos....... so, we'll see!! Hugs to all

** ANN - for goodness sake - come back, how long does it take to get a haircut!!!! SHEESH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Yes, I did. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you.
No worries, just making sure it went thru!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoundYrly View Post
I've been looking, listening and getting GREAT info from this group...thanks you guys! I am ALL TOO EXCITED to include my dates which are...3 DAYS AWAY!! We are staying 8/12-8/17 at AKL, Jambo House Villas. Can you feel our excitement?? Thanks for understanding
Have a great time!!

Quote:
So I rebooked my vaction. We are now going Janurary 5th to the 13th. Know the best part we are going to get 8 days worth of tickets for cheaper then 6. I also saved us 1,200 from the military discount.

I am a bit excited.
WOW - awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Congrats on the booking! What a great trip you have to look forward to!

"Hi!" from Ft Leonard Wood!

I have to say, the Base is very nice - easy to get around. The buildings we have been in are kept very clean (unlike some other bases I have been! ) Have met some extraordinary soldiers and have been made to feel very welcome (again, unlike some other bases! )

The weather is gorgeous -- heat wave broke and it is very comfortable here. We have the weekend off so will go exploring!

See y'all real soon!

All the hotels near the Base were booked, so we are in Rolla. 2 Panera Breads to choose from!
Glad you are enjoying the trip so far!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyslady View Post
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question i'm hoping someone here can answer. We are going to disney for Christmas staying in a 2br villa. I wanted to bake some cookies one night and have figured I would mix up all the dry ingredients in zip lock bags and bring em with us and then order the wet ingredients from garden grocer. My question is, Does anyone know if they have cookie sheets in the villas?

tia,
Jodi
YES, there is a cookie sheet in the 1br. and larger villa's - here is the ammenities list.

http://www.allears.net/acc/dvc12bvamenities.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Can't help you. I'm sorry! I know that you can keep a set in your owners locker if you buy them , right?
Just want to clarify - as I'm a little confused by this post as to what you mean in regards to the owners locker, but when you buy into DVC you don't "get" an owners locker, you can RENT one from "The Purple Place" - please note though that this place has NOTHING to do with Disney or DVC - ALSO note, Disney / DVC does NOT have anything available for owners to store thier items. Here is the rental quote from The Purple Place -(There is a one time Membership Fee to join Owner's Locker of $75.00 (which includes your Locker and your initial delivery/pickup which we call a Visit) and a yearly storage/delivery plan which you choose. The Standard Annual Plan costs $99.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse and one free Visit per year. Additional Visits are $25.00 each. The Premium Annual Plan costs $179.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse and unlimited visits per year.)

Quote:
YAY - I'm glad!!!

Last edited by wendypooh; 08-11-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #927
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Whoop!!!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #928
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Oh my... if we do it I will definitely have to sit on my hands! I am about 80 days out and my husband is out of town so I need to talk to him when he gets back about it and can't book a thing until I do. Well, COULD, but shouldn't! Will it all be sold out already I wonder...
They do take a CC as a place holder, but don't charge anything until after the dinner, and you can change the CC if you want. They have the Wanyama Safari available every night of the week so it doesn't usually book up. Wouldn't hurt to book it now, you wouldn't be out any money and could always change it. I'm not married, so am not used to waiting to check with the hubby.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #929
Pinkocto

Wendy, I'm glad you have dates for Hawaii I hope you'll be able to stay longer, that'll be nice.

Have fun by the pool!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #930
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I was hoping that there would be an update from Ann. The suspense is killing me.

Quote:

I am a bit excited.
Congratulations on your savings.

Corinna
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: