Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #841
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Byo omelettes. Goat cheese scrambled eggs. Amazing potatoes and juice. Whole building smells beautiful.
Ahhhhh ... sounds lovely! I seriously cannot wait.

Also, one additional question, I want to try ZEBRA DOMES when I'm there. Are they only available at Boma? Can you get them anywhere else?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #842
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo

Also, one additional question, I want to try ZEBRA DOMES when I'm there. Are they only available at Boma? Can you get them anywhere else?

Mara, the CS by the pool.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #843
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post

Yes they are at Boma, but I think only in the evening.

The Mara has them all the time in the refrigerated cases, but they taste better if you let come to room temp first.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #844
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
What can anyone tell me about Boma's buffet breakfast?

It says they have the "regular" stuff (waffles, etc.) along with the international flair. Anybody have details? I'll take ANY info on this breakfast I can get. (Like are the waffles Mickey waffles?
)

Oh my, Boma's breakfast is out of this world delicious. They have this bread pudding French toast topped with caramel pecan sauce. I have two breakfasts booked for my upcoming trip. Lots of scrumptious pastries, the pancakes are fabulous. I have no idea about the waffles, if there's pancakes I don't look anywhere else. Tons of fruit, breakfast meats, omelette station.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 08-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #845
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto

Oh my, Boma's breakfast is out of this world delicious. They have this bread pudding French toast topped with caramel pecan sauce. I have two breakfasts booked for my upcoming trip. Lots of scrumptious pastries, the pancakes are fabulous. I have no idea about the waffles, if there's pancakes I don't look anywhere else. Tons of fruit, breakfast meats, omelette station.
Ohhh Yum.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #846
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

We have two booked as well..! Mainly in case we decide to forgo breakfast when we arrive and go straight to the park so we have a backup day, but maybe if it IS that delicious...
Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #847
DKPA
Earning My Ears

First timers - Any suggestions

We are going to AKL for the first time in September. We will be there from 9/16 until 9/22. We have booked a savanna view with DDP. We are looking for any suggestions to make our stay more enjoyable.

Any room suggestions?
What is the current drink options for the refillable mug?
Rent a car or use Disney Transportation?

In addition, it my twins birthday and mine when we are on vacation. Any ideas to make this birthday a great one?

Please any suggestions are wanted and valued!

Thank you!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #848
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomjcs View Post
I can't wait I am doing the single digits dance for our 17 day trip........woohooo...............................

1 night at ASMo resort
4 nights Contemporary - Conference Rate Few days of work.....
5 nights OKW
6 nights Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House My favorite we bought at SSR before this was announced and it is always tops for us to stay here.

Then I can't believe it summer will be over.......
This sounds like a fabulous trip!

Corinna, I'm glad that you made it to an Olympic Event! Sounds like fun.

Laura, good luck on your trip, and I hope you're able to book some F&W events!

I'm not sure how many of you are into D23, but this weekend there is an event at the Disneyland Hotel on Animation. I'll be attending and started a TR yesterday if anyone want to check it out here is the link.

Destination D TR
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #849
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomjcs View Post
I can't wait I am doing the single digits dance for our 17 day trip........woohooo...............................

1 night at ASMo resort
4 nights Contemporary - Conference Rate Few days of work.....
5 nights OKW
6 nights Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House My favorite we bought at SSR before this was announced and it is always tops for us to stay here.

Then I can't believe it summer will be over.......
Sounds awesome! I will be in WDW same time as you but not at AKL at the same time!

I have 9 days til I get to AKL!!!!! 9!!!! So excited.

Another random...just wondering question...

Where is the fountain soda machine where you can refiill your refillable mugs at AKL??? I am a Diet Coke drinker instead of a coffee drinker and just wondering how for I (or DH) will have to travel to get to my beloved Diet Coke in the morning.

I wonder if I can make a request to be near it....

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #850
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX

Sounds awesome! I will be in WDW same time as you but not at AKL at the same time!

Where is the fountain soda machine where you can refiill your refillable mugs at AKL??? I am a Diet Coke drinker instead of a coffee drinker and just wondering how for I (or DH) will have to travel to get to my beloved Diet Coke in the morning.

I'm horrible. I didnt even know there was such a thing. Is it in Mara, maybe?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #851
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thanks to EVERYONE for the input on breakfast and the zebra domes. I don't want to miss out on anything!! This is my first AKL stay (albeit only 2 nights) and I want to milk it for whatever I can. I'm so excited.

Thank you again ... I'm off to make a reservation for the Boma breakfast now ....

Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #852
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKPA View Post
We are going to AKL for the first time in September. We will be there from 9/16 until 9/22. We have booked a savanna view with DDP. We are looking for any suggestions to make our stay more enjoyable.

Any room suggestions? I assume when you say AKL - you mean you are at Jambo house? - Before we bought DVC - I always asked for 3rd floor, near the lobby - Zebra trail. Now that we are owners, we stay at Kidani always!

What is the current drink options for the refillable mug? Soda, Tea, Coffee, Cocoa, Water - the refill station at Jambo is inside Mara. * See link at bottom of post.

Rent a car or use Disney Transportation? We ALWAYS exclusively use disney transportation. It's SO much easier!! IF you are going offsite however, you will DEF. need your own car.

In addition, it my twins birthday and mine when we are on vacation. Any ideas to make this birthday a great one?

Please any suggestions are wanted and valued! Disney Florist has many options, you might want to check them out. You can also order cakes to be delivered to your room. PLEASE NOTE though, NO balloons are allowed at the resort.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post

The refill location at Jambo house is inside of Mara -- at Kidani there is one inside Johari treasures and at the pool.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/0...able-mugs-faq/

Last edited by wendypooh; 08-09-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #853
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is having a good week so far!!! DS is back to school and things are getting into the routine fairly easy, thank goodness!!! 5:45 isn't as bad as I had thought it would be!!

Corinna - how awesome you went to an olympic event, we were just talking about how we'd like to do that one day!!

Alison - congrats on getting your D23 stuff!!! exciting!!

Laura - hope your trip is going well!!!

Kim - great TR updates!!!

AND - it's official - our May trip to WDW is CANCELLED - but, we are replacing it with AULANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOO
So, Brandi can change that for me on the list - I don't have exact dates yet - but, it will be in May after DS gets out of school. We have decided 2 weeks is the minimum - so, I'm gently, subtly and provocatively -- tee hee, pushing my luck and hoping to add to that!!- even if DH can't stay that long, DS and I could.

So, I'm VERY excited about it!!! YAY

Hope everyone has a good evening - off to cook dinner!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #854
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
AND - it's official - our May trip to WDW is CANCELLED - but, we are replacing it with AULANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOO
So, Brandi can change that for me on the list - I don't have exact dates yet - but, it will be in May after DS gets out of school. We have decided 2 weeks is the minimum - so, I'm gently, subtly and provocatively -- tee hee, pushing my luck and hoping to add to that!!- even if DH can't stay that long, DS and I could.

So, I'm VERY excited about it!!! YAY

Hope everyone has a good evening - off to cook dinner!!!
Congratulations on your trip to Aulani. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Corinna
Old 08-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #855
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Wendy, have fun planning your trip to Aulani!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: