Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #691
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Thank you!
Trying to stick to the cliche-d - he lived a lot longer than anyone thought/expected... and he's not hurting anymore. It helps!
I know it is hard.... When my uncle passed, that is what I kept telling myself... It does sink in by takes awhile.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #692
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
Morning all!

I can't wait to try a zebra dome in 18 days!!!!!!

Question about AKL ....
I've read so much info on AKL but I'm not sure what is current and what isn't.
So I'm turning to my Jambo friends.
We aren't able to stay CL so I'm not able to take any tours, correct?
DH isn't feeling good these days ( he has an autoimmune disease which is bugging him, but I know AKL will cheer him up!)

So, I'm guess I'm asking ......

Tours for non CL people yes or no?

thanks,
Cathy
Quote:
What tours? I'm half asleep....
I know some safaris non CL people can do.
Sunrise Safari is for CL only.

Wanyama (Sunset) Safari is for any AKL/AKV guests.

The Culinary Tour (offered daily at 3:45pm) is for ANYONE and it's FREE!!! Check-in at the Jiko podium. (The Culinary Tour should be posted on the Activities Board by Bell Services and by the Boma restrooms. )

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #693
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Sunrise Safari is for CL only.

Wanyama (Sunset) Safari is for any AKL/AKV guests.

The Culinary Tour (offered daily at 3:45pm) is for ANYONE and it's FREE!!! Check-in at the Jiko podium. (The Culinary Tour should be posted on the Activities Board by Bell Services and by the Boma restrooms. )
What is the culinary tour...? Do the feed you too?
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #694
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
What is the culinary tour...? Do the feed you too?
It's a tour of Boma and Jiko, right before opening time! At Boma, they show you the different pods and explain some of the foods. They give you a sample of soup (there are 3 per night, IIRC - I know I always go for the Butternut Squash Soup or the Carrot-Ginger Soup!)

Last time we did the Culinary, we also each got a Zebra Dome!!!

Then they take you over to Jiko, where they explain the set-up of the restaurant and usually offer the group the bread/dip selections!

Worth your time? Heck yeah!!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #695
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Culinary Tour (Boma):

My ZD sample!

Part 2 - Jiko!

Our breads/dips sample:

And here we are with 2 very special people - Marco & Laura!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #696
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
so I get to add two days onto my trip, one extra park days and another for our last night. I figured that the day I run the half marathon I am not going to want to be in a park, so we are going to spend the day relaxing going swimming and downtown disney.
What a wonderful turn of events

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #697
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Happy afternoon everybody

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #698
dgbg100106

Quote:
It's a tour of Boma and Jiko, right before opening time! At Boma, they show you the different pods and explain some of the foods. They give you a sample of soup (there are 3 per night, IIRC - I know I always go for the Butternut Squash Soup or the Carrot-Ginger Soup!)

Last time we did the Culinary, we also each got a Zebra Dome!!!

Then they take you over to Jiko, where they explain the set-up of the restaurant and usually offer the group the bread/dip selections!

Worth your time? Heck yeah!!!!
yes very much so!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #699
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Happy afternoon everybody
Hi Pam!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #700
DisneyMom1983
Earning My Ears

Love akv!!!

We are DVC owners through SSR, but we have NEVER stayed there! Why You ask???

BECAUSE WE LOVE ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS TOO MUCH! We stayed there for the first time right after we bought into DVC, and have been hooked ever since! We REGRET not buying into AKV when we had the chance!

There isn't one negative thing I could say about this resort. It is beautiful, and my kids call it their "second home"

We will be there 10/6 to 10/14 in a one bedroom savannah view and CAN"T wait to be "welcomed home!"

Jambo everyone!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #701
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Tim is one lucky man--especially lucky to have you.
Aww thank you Kathy

Ann
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #702
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I just rented points to stay for 2 nights in February in a studio...I am SOOOO excited! We are staying a week in our 2 bedroom timeshare, then in a studio. I figured no more cooking for me - We are going to eat at Boma(first time, breakfast and dinner) and Jiko (second time - we loved it!) I was hoping we could soak up the resort as much as possible. We are in Jambo House in a "deluxe studio" savannah view. I cannot wait! Thank you for all the great info on this page, it has made me even more excited! Any must do's? Kids will be dd6 and ds3. What does Deluxe Studio mean? Where is it in the resort?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #703
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom1983
We are DVC owners through SSR, but we have NEVER stayed there! Why You ask???

BECAUSE WE LOVE ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS TOO MUCH! We stayed there for the first time right after we bought into DVC, and have been hooked ever since! We REGRET not buying into AKV when we had the chance!

There isn't one negative thing I could say about this resort. It is beautiful, and my kids call it their "second home"

We will be there 10/6 to 10/14 in a one bedroom savannah view and CAN"T wait to be "welcomed home!"

Jambo everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40
I just rented points to stay for 2 nights in February in a studio...I am SOOOO excited! We are staying a week in our 2 bedroom timeshare, then in a studio. I figured no more cooking for me - We are going to eat at Boma(first time, breakfast and dinner) and Jiko (second time - we loved it!) I was hoping we could soak up the resort as much as possible. We are in Jambo House in a "deluxe studio" savannah view. I cannot wait! Thank you for all the great info on this page, it has made me even more excited! Any must do's? Kids will be dd6 and ds3. What does Deluxe Studio mean? Where is it in the resort?
Excited for you guys!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #704
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Monday the Doc said it looks the best it has since he took over her case in May. Medicare allows here five of the Applegrafts and got her fifth one on Monday. I like when she gets those because the dressing changes are much simpler and only have to be done every other day.

Next week she will have to switch to another "product". She gets her last dose of the antibiotics for the infection tomorrow and they will take out the pik line. She will be so happy about that, the darned thing catches on everything and is a real PITA.

It would be really nice if we could actually go on our F&W trip and she could take a shower on vacation without me having to bring along Saran Wrap and medical tape!
Alison this is great news. I am so pulling, praying and wishing for no wound problems for this trip.

Ann
Old 08-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #705
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Had a wonderful two days at AKL CL. Special thanks to Don and Emily for making us feel like we were back at home. Loved all the animals outside our room (4 giraffe, 2 zebras, 9 Thomson gazelles, etc.). Ate at Jiko and tried Sanaa for the first time. It won't be the last!!! Absolutely loved it!!!!! Pool time was great too! Lots of activities and my son loved it.
I am so glad to hear you had a great time. Don is so wonderful...I have not met Emily yet. Sanaa became one of our new favorites on our last visit. Great food, service was super and the the view of the animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
so I get to add two days onto my trip, one extra park days and another for our last night. I figured that the day I run the half marathon I am not going to want to be in a park, so we are going to spend the day relaxing going swimming and downtown disney.
Congratulations! You certainly deserve it and especially after doing the half marathon. I can picture you sitting in the hot tubs with a nice cold beverage watching the animals and just relaxing.

Quote:
Good morning and Happy Friday!

Time to get this party started!

Thank you Laura for the domes and the party.

Quote:
Mmmmm! Beats the oat bran I'm having!!
Will for sure buy some from Mara in May!!

*does happy dance*

How did I survive without ZD Fridays?!
Tina your post made me smile. I can just feel your excitment at not having to eat bran on Fridays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Just wanted to put in my two cents about CL wines... And I have been known to drink a few wines...

Indaba South African wines aren't swill. Not "top shelf" but definitely drinkable. We have been known to buy them here at home too.
Elin I was so glad to see your post. I am not a beer drinker, but I think I will try one of the two types Laura (and everyone) talks about here on the DIS. I honestly don't remember what kind of wine they had except I do remember there were three and they were good. Not super great but certainly not box wine... Thank you Elin for the winery information.

Yep I am a wine drinker

Ann

Last edited by Angel16; 08-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: