Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #31
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
Looking forward to seeing this...

Ooooh...where is this location? I can see me NEEDING to find it and have some peace and quiet after DH and the boys are sleeping!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Ooooh...where is this location? I can see me NEEDING to find it and have some peace and quiet after DH and the boys are sleeping!
It is right off the lobby (facing the Savannah) on the Kudu Trail side.

An FYI, if your visit coincides with the Soccer World Cup (or the Superbowl), there will be a flat screen TV wheeled out there and that area will be anything but peaceful and quiet!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #33
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Thanks Kim.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #34
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Thanks Kim.
Tracy, glad to see you here.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #35
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

I know everyone's getting settled in to their new home here , but may I bother you to ask a question or two? Hated to start a new thread, since I know you'll all know!

Do the iHome docking stations charge/accomodate an iPhone4? Deciding on how many chargers to bring!

Secondly, in my searches, I keep spotting these in every picture on different sites, of different rooms...

The cabinets to the left of the closet? It's been a while since we've stayed at AKL, but I never had one in any room in the past. Now, they are seen in pictures all over the place. Are they in every room now?

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Well I have some bad news. We will be canceling our upcoming trip to AKL, we've been trying to take a friend of ours for over three years. Monday I found her on the floor of her apartment. She's been in ICU since then, but today she took a turn for the worse. She's not going to see WDW in this lifetime. So sad.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #37
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Tracy, glad to see you here.
I'm trying, just not working very well.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #38
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Well I have some bad news. We will be canceling our upcoming trip to AKL, we've been trying to take a friend of ours for over three years. Monday I found her on the floor of her apartment. She's been in ICU since then, but today she took a turn for the worse. She's not going to see WDW in this lifetime. So sad.
So sorry Alison, let us know if we can do anything.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #39
swimchick1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
What's the time difference? Sweet dreams Is it now 1 day till you skype with your DD?!! )
Rachel right now in texas it is thursday the 19th 11pm, and in Afghanistan its the 20th at 7:30 am.

so 8.5 hours ahead?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #40
DaisynDonald
Mouseketeer

I've been gone for a while, I went to our old home & saw everyone had moved!! So glad to find #8
Alison, sorry you had to cancel your trip & so sorry your friend is not doing well. Sending prayers. & pixiedust your way.

Last edited by DaisynDonald; 07-20-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: messed up
Old 07-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #41
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
So sorry Alison, let us know if we can do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisynDonald View Post
Alison, sorry you had to cancel your trip & so sorry your friend is not doing well. Sending prayers. & pixiedust your way.
Thank you so much for your concerns, there is nothing anyone can do, we will be taking her off life support tomorrow and hopefully she will return in another life to some loving family who owns at AKV! We wish her the best and love her a lot!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #42
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Alison, I am so sorry.

Corinna
Old 07-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #43
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you so much for your concerns, there is nothing anyone can do, we will be taking her off life support tomorrow and hopefully she will return in another life to some loving family who owns at AKV! We wish her the best and love her a lot!

Oh, Alison, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Prayers for Arline that she has a peaceful home-going. We're here for you Alison. Arline was lucky to have such loving friends as you and Fran.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #44
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
Rachel right now in texas it is thursday the 19th 11pm, and in Afghanistan its the 20th at 7:30 am.

so 8.5 hours ahead?
Thanks for that info!

I just clicked on your "Mommy is coming home" TR and what a beautiful family you are. Your DD is such a cutey!!

Thank you so much for your family's service to our country.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #45
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Alison, I'm so sorry to hear such terrible news. Prayers to you, Fran and Arline.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: