Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #2926
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider

Thank you ! This was sooo helpful. I just called, and it was less than I originally thought - $20/day with our military discount. I figured I would never probably have the chance to stay CL again, so I might as well jump on it. YAY!
Wow! That is great and Concierge is wonderful - enjoy!! CL wasn't available for our upcoming stay.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #2927
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Thank you ! This was sooo helpful. I just called, and it was less than I originally thought - less than $20/day with our military discount. I figured I would never probably have the chance to stay CL again, so I might as well jump on it. YAY!
What a deal! I agree, CL is wonderful. Congrats

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #2928
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Thank you ! This was sooo helpful. I just called, and it was less than I originally thought - less than $20/day with our military discount. I figured I would never probably have the chance to stay CL again, so I might as well jump on it. YAY!

Congrats!! I'm happy that worked out so well for you!!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #2929
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Wow! That is great and Concierge is wonderful - enjoy!! CL wasn't available for our upcoming stay.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
What a deal! I agree, CL is wonderful. Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Congrats!! I'm happy that worked out so well for you!!
Thank you all. I am so stinkin' excited. Any tips or advice about CL or AKL would be so welcome and appreciated.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
POP/AKL - June 2014; Disney Dream June 2014;
Disneyland - DLH July 2014;
**Coming soon*** ASMu October 2014
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #2930
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon1 View Post
Yes, we have a pool view room booked. I requested a king bed with a daybed, but was told by my TA that AKL no longer has this configuration? Can anyone verify?
Also, I spent the day yesterday looking into AKV options. I can book a Standard View Studio or 1 bedroom (Jambo) through CRO. No "value" rooms are offered, so I'm wondering what a standard view is (could I get the dreaded parking lot?)
This is my DH and DS first trip to Disney. Is a 1 bedroom even worth it, if we won't spend a lot of time in the room? I was considering the 1 bdrm due to early risers for races (3am-ish). Thanks for the help!
Anyone?
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #2931
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Yes, we have a pool view room booked. I requested a king bed with a daybed, but was told by my TA that AKL no longer has this configuration? Can anyone verify?
Looking for answers, if anyone can help:
Also, I spent the day yesterday looking into AKV options. I can book a Standard View Studio or 1 bedroom (Jambo) through CRO. No "value" rooms are offered, so I'm wondering what a standard view is (could I get the dreaded parking lot?)
This is my DH and DS first trip to Disney. Is a 1 bedroom even worth it, if we won't spend a lot of time in the room? I was considering the 1 bdrm due to early risers for races (3am-ish). Thanks for the help!
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #2932
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Thank you all. I am so stinkin' excited. Any tips or advice about CL or AKL would be so welcome and appreciated.
How many days are you staying CL? Will you be there either on a Sunday or Thursday morning? I think you MUST do the Sunrise Safari. It's only available to AKL-CL guests and it is one of the best values on Disney property!

Since you have made your reservation and have a confirmation #, you should send an email to AKL's IPO. They will book the Safari for you plus any other ADRs you want! They will need a credit card # to hold the safari (and any other ADRs which require a CC guarantee). They will make arrangements to call you and get the CC # from you.

In the subject line of your email, put your confirmation # and dates. They will not work with anyone who doesn't have a confirmed CL room reservation.

Email animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.plann...neyworl d.com

(You will receive an auto email stating that someone will contact you within 24 hours. If you don't get that email, re-send.)

Happy Planning!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #2933
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How many days are you staying CL? Will you be there either on a Sunday or Thursday morning? I think you MUST do the Sunrise Safari. It's only available to AKL-CL guests and it is one of the best values on Disney property!

Since you have made your reservation and have a confirmation #, you should send an email to AKL's IPO. They will book the Safari for you plus any other ADRs you want! They will need a credit card # to hold the safari (and any other ADRs which require a CC guarantee). They will make arrangements to call you and get the CC # from you.

In the subject line of your email, put your confirmation # and dates. They will not work with anyone who doesn't have a confirmed CL room reservation.

Email animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.plann...neyworl d.com

(You will receive an auto email stating that someone will contact you within 24 hours. If you don't get that email, re-send.)

Happy Planning!
8 nights, following a stay at BC. We check in June 16 (Sunday) and are staying until June 24 (Monday), so I guess we need to do it on Thursday. The Safari sounds fantastic!

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
Old 10-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #2934
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon1 View Post
Looking for answers, if anyone can help:
I'll try to help. I have never had a King bed in the Jambo resort (the regular resort rooms) so I can't confirm the information your TA gave you, but I have a feeling that is correct. The resort rooms are small and I think it would be difficult to fit a King and daybed in the room. (AKL used to have "deluxe" rooms, pre-DVC -- that might be where the King/Daybed option was available.

AKV: Jambo villas (non-Club Level) are all located on the 5th floor. Standard" view studios could be anything that isn't a Savannah view -- parking lot, pool. The time I stayed "standard" I was in a room right off the lobby (in other words, open the door and the lobby was right below! ) - that studio had a "pool view". I don't think there are many rooms with a parking lot view, so personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

The 1-bedroom has a full kitchen. If I wasn't planning to spend lots of time in the room, cook and do laundry, I probably wouldn't book the 1-bedroom -- unless the price was right!

Old 10-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #2935
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
8 nights, following a stay at BC. We check in June 16 (Sunday) and are staying until June 24 (Monday), so I guess we need to do it on Thursday. The Safari sounds fantastic!
The Sunrise Safari is wonderful -- the hard part is getting your family up and ready to go before 7am!! The breakfast after the Safari is wonderful and the guides stay and join the group for the meal so it's a great opportunity to speak with them and have any questions answered!

The breakfast service at AKL-CL is terrific! Hot oatmeal, quinoa, cold cereals, danish, pastries, fruits, yogurt, juices, milk. Coffees, teas - their coffee machine is fabulous!

At noon, they put out snacks -- pretzels, potato chips, gummies...... We usually plan an ADR for lunch since there isn't much offered in the club lounge.

3pm is Tea Time -- cookies, brownies, scones.

5-7pm is when the appetizers come out. Breads/hummus; cheese/crackers; cold veggie selection and 1 or 2 (usually 2) appetizers from Boma & Jiko. There is also wine and beer (along with soft drinks & juices).

8-10pm is desserts and cordials. They have a new, wonderful pastry chef who is making some desserts ONLY for the Club Lounge! Other desserts would be offerings from Boma -- although Zebra Domes are no longer offered in the Club Lounge.

These desserts were a pumpkin mousse and pumpkin cheesecake - heavenly!

That's all I have time for. I am leaving at 6am tomorrow (Sunday) morning on a business trip. Must pack and get some sleep!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #2936
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Sunrise Safari is wonderful -- the hard part is getting your family up and ready to go before 7am!! The breakfast after the Safari is wonderful and the guides stay and join the group for the meal so it's a great opportunity to speak with them and have any questions answered!

The breakfast service at AKL-CL is terrific! Hot oatmeal, quinoa, cold cereals, danish, pastries, fruits, yogurt, juices, milk. Coffees, teas - their coffee machine is fabulous!

At noon, they put out snacks -- pretzels, potato chips, gummies...... We usually plan an ADR for lunch since there isn't much offered in the club lounge.

3pm is Tea Time -- cookies, brownies, scones.

5-7pm is when the appetizers come out. Breads/hummus; cheese/crackers; cold veggie selection and 1 or 2 (usually 2) appetizers from Boma & Jiko. There is also wine and beer (along with soft drinks & juices).

8-10pm is desserts and cordials. They have a new, wonderful pastry chef who is making some desserts ONLY for the Club Lounge! Other desserts would be offerings from Boma -- although Zebra Domes are no longer offered in the Club Lounge.

These desserts were a pumpkin mousse and pumpkin cheesecake - heavenly!

That's all I have time for. I am leaving at 6am tomorrow (Sunday) morning on a business trip. Must pack and get some sleep!
Oh my! That looks wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to post all that! Get plenty of rest and I hope your business trip is successful.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #2937
ppony
Artist in residence

Never mind, No one cares.

Last edited by ppony; 11-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #2938
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Thank you! Haha! Did you, really? How'd it work out for you??
I totally did...
Had a "40th birthday Princess" t-shirt AND the "40" tiara that day.

Why not? A girl only turns 40 once and WDW is one of the few places you can get away with that type of thing.

It worked out well. I was a bit nervous people would think it was too over the top. CMs were fantastic w/the birthday wishes & little things (cookie, pin, etc). Even other guests were nice about it...made for a great conversation starter & lots of "happy birthdays" from other folks.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #2939
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl

I totally did...
Had a "40th birthday Princess" t-shirt AND the "40" tiara that day.

Why not? A girl only turns 40 once and WDW is one of the few places you can get away with that type of thing.

It worked out well. I was a bit nervous people would think it was too over the top. CMs were fantastic w/the birthday wishes & little things (cookie, pin, etc). Even other guests were nice about it...made for a great conversation starter & lots of "happy birthdays" from other folks.
I love it. Absolutely fantastic.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #2940
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'll try to help. I have never had a King bed in the Jambo resort (the regular resort rooms) so I can't confirm the information your TA gave you, but I have a feeling that is correct. The resort rooms are small and I think it would be difficult to fit a King and daybed in the room. (AKL used to have "deluxe" rooms, pre-DVC -- that might be where the King/Daybed option was available.

AKV: Jambo villas (non-Club Level) are all located on the 5th floor. Standard" view studios could be anything that isn't a Savannah view -- parking lot, pool. The time I stayed "standard" I was in a room right off the lobby (in other words, open the door and the lobby was right below! ) - that studio had a "pool view". I don't think there are many rooms with a parking lot view, so personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

The 1-bedroom has a full kitchen. If I wasn't planning to spend lots of time in the room, cook and do laundry, I probably wouldn't book the 1-bedroom -- unless the price was right!
Thank you so much!
Now I'm wondering if we should book the AKV studio, or keep the pool view room? I'm thinking that it would be nice to have breakfast in the room each day (maybe going to SuperTarget or Publix? Or just enjoy the food on site? I LOVE African foods, and DS and DH eat just about anything. We have so much to do, and it's such a short stay (4 nights).
AKL looks so amazing, I may not want to go to MK or Epcot!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: