Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #2911
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Okay, guys.

DH just booked our trip.

3rd floor, savannah view..

He told the cm we were celebrating our anniversary.

The cm then told DH about some of the things they sometimes do for anniversaries. Special in room meals...private dining in jiko...and some other things.

My question is...how likely is this extra pixie dust to happen?
I really am trying to not expect it, or get excited. Just in case.

Has anyone experienced it?
I would say don't expect it. While often cast members do like to do special things, it isn't a gaurantee. If something is really important to you, like say a private, in-room meal, book it.

I really think the extras depend on the cast member & how busy they are. We have gotten little things (a free cookie @ lunch) to biggies (balloons in our room) but no real pattern to how when it happens.

Make sure you/your TA put the anniversary on your reservation & any ADRs you make. And I wouldn't be above mentioning it when you check in at the resort & for any of your meals or tours. (Or you could be obnoxious like me & just get a t-shirt announcing it is your birthday )
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #2912
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Okay, guys.

DH just booked our trip.

3rd floor, savannah view..

He told the cm we were celebrating our anniversary.

The cm then told DH about some of the things they sometimes do for anniversaries. Special in room meals...private dining in jiko...and some other things.

My question is...how likely is this extra pixie dust to happen?
I really am trying to not expect it, or get excited. Just in case.

Has anyone experienced it?
Many of the resorts do special things for guests who are celebrating a milestone. The Beach Club sent us a solid white chocolate Mickey Mouse dusted in gold dust and a dozen tuxedo-dipped strawberries for our 25th anniversary a number of years ago.

However, those items the CM talked about sound like special events that guests can book on their own for celebrations, not surprises offered by the CMs at a resort. I could be very wrong, and hope that some major pixie-dust is sprinkled on your trip!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #2913
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Hey all 118 days out from my trip Got the Wednesday wine & cheese hr @ Jiko all booked again for this trip

still haven't heard anything from CL But I dont really need them to do anything.

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #2914
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl

I would say don't expect it. While often cast members do like to do special things, it isn't a gaurantee. If something is really important to you, like say a private, in-room meal, book it.

I really think the extras depend on the cast member & how busy they are. We have gotten little things (a free cookie @ lunch) to biggies (balloons in our room) but no real pattern to how when it happens.

Make sure you/your TA put the anniversary on your reservation & any ADRs you make. And I wouldn't be above mentioning it when you check in at the resort & for any of your meals or tours. (Or you could be obnoxious like me & just get a t-shirt announcing it is your birthday )
Thank you! Haha! Did you, really? How'd it work out for you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE

Many of the resorts do special things for guests who are celebrating a milestone. The Beach Club sent us a solid white chocolate Mickey Mouse dusted in gold dust and a dozen tuxedo-dipped strawberries for our 25th anniversary a number of years ago.

However, those items the CM talked about sound like special events that guests can book on their own for celebrations, not surprises offered by the CMs at a resort. I could be very wrong, and hope that some major pixie-dust is sprinkled on your trip!
Thank you!

Wow. That Mickey sounds so pretty!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #2915
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Hey all 118 days out from my trip Got the Wednesday wine & cheese hr @ Jiko all booked again for this trip

still haven't heard anything from CL But I dont really need them to do anything.
Yay for the wine & cheese!

I finally heard from IPO the day before we checked in (several weeks ago)!!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #2916
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Yay for the wine & cheese!

I finally heard from IPO the day before we checked in (several weeks ago)!!!!
Are you serious? Thats crazy....Oh well./.Like I said I dont know need them for anything...But if I did, I'd be a little annoyed

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #2917
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Are you serious? Thats crazy....Oh well./.Like I said I dont know need them for anything...But if I did, I'd be a little annoyed
I had to laugh when I saw their email! AKL's IPO has never made the initial contact with me (this was the first, albeit a little on the late side! ). However, when I do contact them they are always prompt, efficient, professional, friendly, and (overall) wonderful!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #2918
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Finally coming back again! I do have one quick question hoping you AKL vets can answer - it might be buried in this thread, but I am actually working from home this weekend so I can leave as planned, have no time to read all of it!

I know there is an in-room safe, but we did not need it last time we were there. Does anyone know how big it is? My DS wants to bring his iPad, but of course not to the parks (although he did try to talk me into that!). Just want to make sure it can hold his iPad and a small container of medication. The rest of our valuables will be in the park with us.

Thanks !

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #2919
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
Finally coming back again! I do have one quick question hoping you AKL vets can answer - it might be buried in this thread, but I am actually working from home this weekend so I can leave as planned, have no time to read all of it!

I know there is an in-room safe, but we did not need it last time we were there. Does anyone know how big it is? My DS wants to bring his iPad, but of course not to the parks (although he did try to talk me into that!). Just want to make sure it can hold his iPad and a small container of medication. The rest of our valuables will be in the park with us.

Thanks !
Yes, it will hold the iPad & meds. The safes are tall enough and wide enough to hold most laptops. They aren't deep though -- probably only about 4" deep, 5" max.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #2920
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori

Yes, it will hold the iPad & meds. The safes are tall enough and wide enough to hold most laptops. They aren't deep though -- probably only about 4" deep, 5" max.
Is the safe operated by a four-digit code, magnetic card, or a key? I am always afraid I am going to lose the key...prefer codes or cards!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #2921
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Okay guys....these views and things are confusing to me. Right now, we have booked Arusha Savannah view. I can get Club level for slightly more (works out to $36 a day more). Will I be happy with the view of the club level rooms? I tried to find it in the thread, but cannot... HELP!

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
Old 10-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #2922
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Is the safe operated by a four-digit code, magnetic card, or a key? I am always afraid I am going to lose the key...prefer codes or cards!

Key Swan & Dolphin have the 4 digit codes (), but Disney still uses those darn keys.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #2923
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Okay guys....these views and things are confusing to me. Right now, we have booked Arusha Savannah view. I can get Club level for slightly more (works out to $36 a day more). Will I be happy with the view of the club level rooms? I tried to find it in the thread, but cannot... HELP!
You will have an Arusha view with CL -- go for it!!

The CL rooms will be on the 4th floor, in the 1st or 2nd pod off the lobby.

If you look at the map (link below), the CL rooms will be either Kudu Trail rooms 4210-4225 (we just had 4211 which is the very first room off the lobby!) or 4226-4241; OR Zebra Trail rooms 4407-4422 or 4423-4437. The Arusha Savannah rooms will be odd-numbered.

Here's the link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

HTHs!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #2924
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori

Key Swan & Dolphin have the 4 digit codes (), but Disney still uses those darn keys.
Thanks! DCL has the coded safes but probably because people don't carry anything around with them other than the room key. Oh well, we'll be okay as long as I don't scratch my sunglasses!

WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #2925
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
You will have an Arusha view with CL -- go for it!!

The CL rooms will be on the 4th floor, in the 1st or 2nd pod off the lobby.

If you look at the map (link below), the CL rooms will be either Kudu Trail rooms 4210-4225 (we just had 4211 which is the very first room off the lobby!) or 4226-4241; OR Zebra Trail rooms 4407-4422 or 4423-4437. The Arusha Savannah rooms will be odd-numbered.

Here's the link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

HTHs!
Thank you ! This was sooo helpful. I just called, and it was less than I originally thought - less than $20/day with our military discount. I figured I would never probably have the chance to stay CL again, so I might as well jump on it. YAY!

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014

Last edited by goofyredraider; 10-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: