Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #2836
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Night Safari

New Night Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge -- Join an Animal Programs cast member on a new hour-long safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Everyone will have night vision goggles to use and see the animals and resort in a whole new way. This tour can only be booked by the Lobby Concierge at the resort or the Club Level concierge. It is only available to guests ages 8 and older staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The cost is $70 per person (no kid's price). This tour is offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9:45 p.m. and begins in Kidani Village. The tour encompasses the Sunset Savanna, which is part of both Jambo House and Kidani Village.

From AllEars.net

Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #2837
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
That little playground by the main pool is amazing! I didn't notice anything like that at other deluxes, can anyone with kids comment on if other deluxes or resorts have playgrounds?
The AKL one is themed the best. I love how they even have the fake Thatched roofs. But like the PP stated WL has one on the beach area and POFQ has one, but nothing that special.

I can't remember about any of the other resorts we stayed at. DS4 loves playgrounds so we tend to stay clear of them or we would never get to the parks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #2838
NemoLeo
Wish I were on vacation!

Hi,

Question for all of you AKL experts. Im currently booked in an Arusha view room for my April 2013 trip. When I was on the phone with Disney the CM was checking the price difference between CL and the Arusha view room and she indicated that all of the CL rooms would have the same type of views as an Arusha view. The Disney sight does not indicate that they have the same views, so I wanted to know what everyone else thought. The price difference was only about $200 total for the entire trip. If the view is the same Im willing to pay it, but if not Im not interested. Any insight is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #2839
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoLeo View Post
Hi,

Question for all of you AKL experts. Im currently booked in an Arusha view room for my April 2013 trip. When I was on the phone with Disney the CM was checking the price difference between CL and the Arusha view room and she indicated that all of the CL rooms would have the same type of views as an Arusha view. The Disney sight does not indicate that they have the same views, so I wanted to know what everyone else thought. The price difference was only about $200 total for the entire trip. If the view is the same Im willing to pay it, but if not Im not interested. Any insight is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer
If you stay in a CL room, you are guaranteed an Arusha Savanna view room. The rooms are usually located close to the lobby--short walk. I think it is well worth the extra $200 to stay CL.

Kathy

Last edited by John's Mom; 10-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #2840
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
If you stay in a CL room, you are guaranteed an Arusha Savanna view room. The rooms are usually located close to the lobby--short walk. I think it is well worth the $200 to stay CL.

Kathy
....ITA, although not everyone feels the same way....personally, I think you should experience CL at least ONCE!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #2841
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoLeo
Hi,

Thanks,
Jennifer
Take it!!!!!! CL is something everyone should experience at least once! If we could afford it we'd stay CL every time.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #2842
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Jennifer
For $200 I would do it. The view is the same.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #2843
PoohNFriends
Yes, I'm one of those crazy animal people!

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Jennifer
Jumping on board to say YES, take it. $200 well worth the amenities of CL and the location in the lodge. At AKL I stayed CL in a DVC room which aren't known for the views when staying CL so can't comment on the view part for you. Only problem with staying CL, if you haven't already, is you may always want to stay CL here on out!!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #2844
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Jennifer
Take it We stayed CL in August and the AKL CL is wonderful. nice lounge, great food offerings, love that coffee machine! Book the Sunrise Safari it was fantastic, and only open to CL.
The only strange thing is that the CL rooms are on the 4th floor, on either Zebra or Kudu trail, scattered around. they are all Arusha View. The other resorts have their rooms on the same floor as the lounge, but it was ok, lounge was only an elevator ride away. We loved it.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 10-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #2845
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Jennifer
CL includes food during most of the day, so if you use the lounge for breakfast most days instead of paying out of pocket you'll save $200 easy. Add in snacks, evening drinks/dessert etc & it would be well worth making the change.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #2846
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I agree. IMO this is one of the best deals and best kept secrets at Disney. The AKL CL rooms have the same view as the non-CL Arusha view rooms. Often the rate is very similar and sometimes with the right discounts it can even be less expensive.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #2847
NemoLeo
Wish I were on vacation!

Thank you all for your help and opinions. Looks like I'll be calling to change to CL!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2848
FanO'TheMouse
Earning My Ears

We are here now if anyone has any questions. I'll be here for a week! Jambo!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #2849
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanO'TheMouse View Post
We are here now if anyone has any questions. I'll be here for a week! Jambo!!!!!
Night safari feedback please! Can you ask a CM about it? ...
Old 10-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #2850
FanO'TheMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame

Night safari feedback please! Can you ask a CM about it? ...
Will do. Any specific questions? We aren't going to do it I don't think but I am great at asking questions!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: