Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #2731
happysmyly
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!

Before you 'regulars' leave for the other thread - just wanted to thank you so very much for all of the info that I have gleaned from this thread as I've lurked over the past few months as I've prepared for our first time at AKL using rented DVC points.

I've enjoyed your enthusiasm and the 'bond' that you all share I always read tons while getting ready for a trip and then am off the boards for the next couple of years between trips--and since we're leaving on Friday night (doing the happy dance here) - I know I won't be around and wanted to say thanks tons for helping me get ready for our trip.

I will come on here and post pics of the DVC studio savannah view when I get back
Thanks again!!
Liz
WDW - 1996 & 1998 - Port Orleans 2000 - ASMovies 2004 - Offsite (also did Discovery Cove that trip) 2008 - ASMusic - Grand Gathering 2011 Jan - CBR Girls' trip 2012 Oct AKL Just the 2 of us!!! - 2014 Jan - ASMu Girls' trip - 2014 July - Hong Kong Disneyland!!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #2732
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock76 View Post
So I'm going to try to spend my 3-day weekend reading through this thread. In the meantime, we are trying to decide between AKL and WL for our 2013 trip. My DS has voted for AKL, DD is undecided, DH likes WL and I'm still on the fence, but leaning toward AKL.

Please tell me the reasons that you guys love AKL so I can sell my hubby on it. TIA!
Everything that has already been said. Waking up to seeing the animals is just so magical. I had wanted to stay at AKL since it opened, and finally was able to go last year. I have since been back three times. The theming is fabulous. The CMs are fabulous. The food is fabulous. I really do not have a single thing to complain about. It is almost like being on two seperate vacations, going to the parks and being at the resort. Every resort has it's own special uniqueness, that's what's so amazing about Disney. AKL is definitely worth staying at at least once.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #2733
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmyly View Post
Before you 'regulars' leave for the other thread - just wanted to thank you so very much for all of the info that I have gleaned from this thread as I've lurked over the past few months as I've prepared for our first time at AKL using rented DVC points.

I've enjoyed your enthusiasm and the 'bond' that you all share I always read tons while getting ready for a trip and then am off the boards for the next couple of years between trips--and since we're leaving on Friday night (doing the happy dance here) - I know I won't be around and wanted to say thanks tons for helping me get ready for our trip.

I will come on here and post pics of the DVC studio savannah view when I get back
Thanks again!!
Liz
Thanks for the kind words Hope you have a fabulous trip!!! Looking forward to pictures.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #2734
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:

Thanks again!!
Liz
Liz,

I am glad you were here, wished you would have spoken up, I promise we are nice...

I know you will have a great time at AKL and the DVC room will be wonderful and the Savannah view will give you very nice view of the animals... Please bring back pictures and enjoy!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #2735
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:

Thanks again!!
Liz
....well, Liz, you are quite welcome! This thread has indeed served its purpose then....

BTW ~ have a wonderful time!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #2736
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Hey, all! Just got back from our trip this past week. We spent 3 nights at Jambo House, and it was wonderful! My dh now says it's his favorite, so maybe I'll get him back to WDW.
I booked a standard room, and we were given a room on the Kudu trail, #2324. We were
really thrilled to be able to see the animals from our balcony. Do you think we were given an upgrade at check-in? I was expecting to see the parking lot or rooftops...
...um.....YES.

....someone sent a little pixie dust yur way, fer SURE! W-T-G!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #2737
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Liz - Thanks for saying such nice things! We all love AKL so much and there is certainly a wealth of knowledge here. I am glad we were able to answer so many of your questions. We love to help!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #2738
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks!! I had done that before I had posted on here because no one responded but I actually send TIW a message and they responded within a few hours saying that you can't use a TIW discount on specialty cakes or in-room dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I agree, check on the restaurant board. There is a thread called cake chatters (or something like that). They have pictures, prices, how to order... Everything. I'd look for it and post a link, but I'm on my phone. Sorry!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #2739
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Thanks!! I had done that before I had posted on here because no one responded but I actually send TIW a message and they responded within a few hours saying that you can't use a TIW discount on specialty cakes or in-room dining.
We've received the TiW discount on specialty cakes at restaurants quite a few times. It has been added to the rest of the bill and then the entire thing has been discounted. Perhaps they meant if you just ordered a cake? Or a cake from BW bakery.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #2740
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

I read the following on another site:

"New Night Vision Tour - They started taking reservations for this tour a few days ago. It is about $70 per person open to anyone staying at AKL or AKV. Guests must be 10 in order to participate. The tours are at 10 PM on Wednesday and Saturday eveings on the AKL savannas aboard a safari truck. Everyone gets night vision goggles to be able to see the animals."

I can't confirm this, but will inquire at Kidani later this week.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #2741
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post

"New Night Vision Tour - They started taking reservations for this tour a few days ago. It is about $70 per person open to anyone staying at AKL or AKV. Guests must be 10 in order to participate. The tours are at 10 PM on Wednesday and Saturday eveings on the AKL savannas aboard a safari truck. Everyone gets night vision goggles to be able to see the animals."

let us know what you find out...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #2742
AR81
DIS Veteran

Can someone direct me to some pictures and or reviews of the grand villas at jambo house? I even had trouble finding them on allears.net. It seems most of the pics are of Kidani and not the Jambo villas...
Old 10-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #2743
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post

WOW!!!!!! We would SO love this!!!!!
Please let me know if it's true & if you get any extra details.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 10-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #2744
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
Can someone direct me to some pictures and or reviews of the grand villas at jambo house? I even had trouble finding them on allears.net. It seems most of the pics are of Kidani and not the Jambo villas...
About a year ago there was a charity event at the grand villas but I have no idea where the pictures are. I know someone that was there, but they are at the F&W festival right now...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #2745
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
About a year ago there was a charity event at the grand villas but I have no idea where the pictures are. I know someone that was there, but they are at the F&W festival right now...
I was there too, but did feel a bit awkward taking pictures! (that didn't stop me though! ) Seemed like there were lots of balconies in the Jambo Grand Villa:

Speaking of someone who's there now.........

I really have to go pack now!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: