Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #2686
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I believe it is Floors 5 & 6 of the main lodge at Jambo House
Correct, with one more bit of info.

Floor 5 are the Value, Savanna, and Standard DVC villas. Floor 6 is the Concierge DVC villas, only.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #2687
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Im sorry- Main Lodge??.
Does anyone have pictures from the outside of the room from the inside of the main lodge??(if you know what I mean).
5th floor(oh my), I'll be ok as long as I can see trees , if it's not too far off .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #2688
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell View Post
Im sorry- Main Lodge??.
Does anyone have pictures from the outside of the room from the inside of the main lodge??(if you know what I mean).
5th floor(oh my), I'll be ok as long as I can see trees , if it's not too far off .
Main Lodge is the common term for Jambo House. With the building of Kidani Village (the 2nd, DVC dedicated) building...Jambo got the common "nickname" of "Main Lodge". Don't worry, there's no outbuildings like there are at the Poly, GF, or Contemp.

For pics..you mean like of the door? Or the hallways? Or of the main lobby area? The hallways are quite long..so you can't necessarily see the lobby from your room.

The main lobby is actually on the 3rd floor, itself. You're not all THAT high up. The lower rooms offer a more intimate view of the animals (or the pool...and the humans... depending on which category of villa you're in). The upper floors offer a much more panoramic view of the animals (and a nice seperation, IMHO, from the pool hub ub..again, depending on the category you booked).
Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #2689
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Pilferk,
I have a savanna view studio (DVC). I just what I'm asking is if by the 5th floor, would you see all the way down (looking over a railing)to the lobby area, or are the hallways have inside interior. Pictures just give me a better idea of what it looks like going to your room. Are the rooms nice(beds??).TIA
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #2690
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
They provided the box and packing material when we shipped our stuff home... but that was back about 5 years ago. Not sure if that's still the case.
The same - two years ago.

Last edited by John's Mom; 10-05-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #2691
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Pilferk,
I have a savanna view studio (DVC). I just what I'm asking is if by the 5th floor, would you see all the way down (looking over a railing)to the lobby area, or are the hallways have inside interior. Pictures just give me a better idea of what it looks like going to your room. Are the rooms nice(beds??).TIA
Likely your room wont' be near the lobby...so no, probably not able to see all the way down to the lobby. The only area where there are railings to see into the lobby (overlook) is right around the lobby. Most rooms are off of interior hallways.

Here's a map of the resort...might give you a better idea of what I"m talking about.

The rooms are VERY nice, IMHO. I don't have pictures of a studio to show you..but I have some pics of the general resort and the 1 BR units. They're below:

The Lobby from the 5th floor (off of a suspension bridge that spans it at that level):

The 1BR Livingroom (excuse the tired child):

Part of the Kitchen:

One half of the Master Bedroom:

The other half of the Master Bedrom:

Laundry (outside the bathroom):

Part of the Bathroom:

The tub:

Better shot of the kitchen (excuse the grocery mess):

Dining area (open concept..between Livingroom and kitchen):

View from our room at night (outside balcony), looking back toward the lobby:

Picture from our balcony (using a zoom, FYI):

Picture of the Jambo hallways (not mine):

They're not REALLY as dark as the picture makes them look.

There's also glassed in sections of the hallways which look out over the savanna, too. The "light at the end of the tunnel", in the picture, is one such area.

We have HAD a studio...as part of a 2 BR lockoff (they put a 1BR and studio together to get the 2BR unit)..but only at Kidani. The furnishings were similar. The bathroom is smaller (no jacuzzi tub),and you do get a little kitchenette area (sink, microwave, mini-fridge). Again, IMHO, very nice.

Last edited by pilferk; 10-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #2692
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Pilferk,
There is no way I could get near the suspension bridge Area. I would need to avoid that at all costs( I'm a chicken). I love all of your pictures and the hallway looks great and the rooms are bigger than what I thought they would be. Thank you for sharing .

tigger2ntinkerbell
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #2693
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Pilferk,
There is no way I could get near the suspension bridge Area. I would need to avoid that at all costs( I'm a chicken). I love all of your pictures and the hallway looks great and the rooms are bigger than what I thought they would be. Thank you for sharing .

tigger2ntinkerbell
You don't need to get anywhere near the suspension bridge, if you don't want to! You can walk around the outside "hallway" type space. The bridge is really more of a "cool" element, rather than a necessary functional one.

Keep in mind, the pictures are of a one bedroom unit...which is roughly the size of 2 studios put together. The studios are smaller (roughly the space you see in the kitchen/dining/LR area..but laid out in a more traditional "hotel room" type set up).
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #2694
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

....check out this page....
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post46361510

...oh yeah, the best snack at the 'World', hands down are:

.....jes' keepin' it AKL-related....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #2695
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Can I just ask... what on earth did they do to the beautiful doors on the television armoires??? They ruined them!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #2696
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
Can I just ask... what on earth did they do to the beautiful doors on the television armoires??? They ruined them!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
..I know exactly what you are talking about....are they scratched? Did they sand them down?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #2697
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
..I know exactly what you are talking about....are they scratched? Did they sand them down?
They completely removed the doors to fit a wider tv inside. I wish I'd taken a picture.

I have one of the armoires in my living room that I'd bought from mouse surplus on ebay. I've always loved those things! Anyway, we were able to remove some side shelving in order to put in a 40" tv without butchering the doors. Personally, I would have preferred to have a smaller tv than to lose the doors.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #2698
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Kimmar can probably recite the history of these threads chapter and verse. She's had to interact with the mods on more than one occasion on the subject.

I'd just like a consistent policy, consistently applied.

The main root of the problem is this:

The FAQ thread gets abandoned by whoever was maintaining it. It loses eyeballs. People ask questions there and don't get answers because nobody is paying attention to it anymore, and they see our very active thread and think "Hey..they can probably help!".

And I know that many of us have been loathe, community board or resort board, to tell those folks to go somewhere else to get AKL info because this is a "lite" thread. So we help them out, when we can. It seems to work out for everyone involved (though, admittedly, the people looking for info have to wade through some chat to find their answers).
...if folks want 'facts and JUST the facts', they should just.........oh, never mind.

If I truly believed that this was NOT a FAQ thread, I certainly wouldn't bother to research and set up the first post on each new thread, but I guess that somehow doesn't count. Not pointing any fingers, but the basic info is right there; if someone needs a FURTHER explanation, or a more explicit one, then they should certainly direct that question to one of the loyal 'regulars', who, I'm SURE will be more than delighted to answer in a timely basis....

...okay, vent over, and let's continue with the HONEST and EXPEDIENT Jambo and Kidani info......

Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Layout

I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #2699
kimmar067

a PSA message:

Kindly refrain from getting off-topic please..... We now return you to our regularly scheduled program....
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #2700
kimmar067

...hey guys:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003371

...the moment you've been waiting for!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: