Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #2641
arissavolk
Earning My Ears

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet...we just got back from Jambo house and saw them putting in new mattresses in a bunch of rooms on the third floor. We stayed on the 5th floor- not sure if we had a new mattress in our room, but the bed and sleeper sofa were super comfy either way
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #2642
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arissavolk View Post
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet...we just got back from Jambo house and saw them putting in new mattresses in a bunch of rooms on the third floor. We stayed on the 5th floor- not sure if we had a new mattress in our room, but the bed and sleeper sofa were super comfy either way
....thanks for the tip!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #2643
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benniecooper View Post
Oh yes, I did see your reply...I appreciate it. I totally understand pool view rooms don't have animal views, I understand the savannah & arusha view, I am just too cheap to pay for them. I just thought that by requesting a zebra trail room, we'd be closer to the viewing areas. I think we would rather be closer to the viewing areas than the restaurants & bus stops.
OK, just wanted to make sure!!! Again, as stated before, there are TONS of viewing area's all over the resort!! Have a good time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Ok Brandi, I've got another date for our trip...

It's still not written in stone, so you don't have to change me on this list unless you just want to.

Now we're Jan 20-28.

We'll see...

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Darn! You leave the day we arrive at Universal!
AND we just barely miss both of you.................. we arrive on Feb. 9th BUT, so glad you have at least tentative new dates Tracey - that's good!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #2644
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benniecooper View Post
Oh yes, I did see your reply...I appreciate it. I totally understand pool view rooms don't have animal views, I understand the savannah & arusha view, I am just too cheap to pay for them. I just thought that by requesting a zebra trail room, we'd be closer to the viewing areas. I think we would rather be closer to the viewing areas than the restaurants & bus stops.
The good thing is you will still be close to the restaurants. From the zebra trail there are elevators which go straight down to the pool area and the restaurants are right there. It's very convenient.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #2645
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
We like zebra trail better than giraffe. Although giraffe is closer to the bus stops and is relatively short we didn't like being so close to the health club and to the hot tub and smoking area.
The only smoking area near giraffe trail is actually close to the Boma/Jiko entrance..and it's under cover.

There USED to be a smoking area near the health club and spa/hot tub, but it's been moved. It's now behind the pool bar.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #2646
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
The only smoking area near giraffe trail is actually close to the Boma/Jiko entrance..and it's under cover.

There USED to be a smoking area near the health club and spa/hot tub, but it's been moved. It's now behind the pool bar.
??? Did they just change this? When I was there three weeks ago there was one behind the hot tub and the one behind the bar was gone. My brother was in dire need of these areas so I'm positive.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #2647
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
??? Did they just change this? When I was there three weeks ago there was one behind the hot tub and the one behind the bar was gone. My brother was in dire need of these areas so I'm positive.
Jambo house's used to be there (behind the hot tub) awhile ago...few years, I think, then it moved behind the bar.

Unless they changed it BACK again (you never know)....but the current map (on disney's own site) shows the new (old?) smoking positions.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...-lodge-map.pdf

That is: the one outside boma's/jikos, one between the bus stop and the lobby, and the one behind the bar.

Kidani's are (were?) behind the health club and right near the bus stops.

Edit: And I've just been "reminded" we're supposed to keep the smoking discussions in the one smoking thread. So I'll leave it there. My suggestion, for the person asking the question about room location, would be to very nicely ask in that thread if the AKL smoking area has been moved.

Edit2: I asked, in the thread. Someone confirmed the move. Don't know the specifics (temp vs perm, etc)...but given that, I'd go with anjalee's suggestion.

Last edited by pilferk; 10-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #2648
Pinkocto

Quote:
Jambo house's used to be there (behind the hot tub) awhile ago...few years, I think, then it moved behind the bar.

Unless they changed it BACK again (you never know)....but the current map (on disney's own site) shows the new (old?) smoking positions.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...-lodge-map.pdf

That is: the one outside boma's/jikos, one between the bus stop and the lobby, and the one behind the bar.

Kidani's are (were?) behind the health club and right near the bus stops.

Edit: And I've just been "reminded" we're supposed to keep the smoking discussions in the one smoking thread. So I'll leave it there. My suggestion, for the person asking the question about room location, would be to very nicely ask in that thread if the AKL smoking area has been moved.

Edit2: I asked, in the thread. Someone confirmed the move. Don't know the specifics (temp vs perm, etc)...but given that, I'd go with anjalee's suggestion.

That's so bizarre. Thanks for the info

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #2649
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by arissavolk View Post
Thanks for the info! I hope the mattress I had was an old one, it was super hard. Looking forward to better sleep next trip.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #2650
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Ok Brandi, I've got another date for our trip...

It's still not written in stone, so you don't have to change me on this list unless you just want to.

Now we're Jan 20-28.

We'll see...

You have been updated...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #2651
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106

You have been updated...
Thank you!!! You are the awesomest!!!!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 10-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #2652
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here is a link to the most current map I could find of the resort.

http://http://www.aklresort.com/content/printed-materials

Last edited by anjalee6; 10-03-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Sorry...just saw we aren't supposed to comment on smoking areas?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #2653
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We will be there Nov 25- 30 at AKV club level. We will be arriving the 24th not sure where we will stay for the first night!!! Hope to see some of you there.. We are so excited only been once for the Christmas decorations and we have never stayed club level this will be our first time..
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #2654
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvindisneyworld View Post
We will be there Nov 25- 30 at AKV club level. We will be arriving the 24th not sure where we will stay for the first night!!! Hope to see some of you there.. We are so excited only been once for the Christmas decorations and we have never stayed club level this will be our first time..
Congratulations! You're going to love it I'm sure

Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #2655
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Here is a link to the most current map I could find of the resort.

http://http://www.aklresort.com/content/printed-materials
Yup, as discussed a few posts back, looks like they changed it again.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: