Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #2596
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Happy Sunday Everybody

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #2597
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Happy Sunday Everybody

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #2598
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Six more days here in Seattle (Tacoma actually!) -- then I take a red-eye home to ATL, have a day to catch up on life at home, then will be on my way to WDW for "Food & Wine & Good Friends & Good Times"!!!

I drove to the Seattle Waterfront yesterday. Sad to see all the cruise ships have already headed south, but we saw some amazing private yachts in the Marina! Would have loved to have boarded the yacht "Joey"!

We also walked around Pike Place. I ended up getting my Starbucks from a shop down the street as the "original" Starbucks had a line out the building! A bit busier than the last time I was there in 2010!

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. The weather here is gorgeous (60s & 70s). Sad to see so much brown though as the Seattle area is in a drought also.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #2599
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Six more days here in Seattle (Tacoma actually!) -- then I take a red-eye home to ATL, have a day to catch up on life at home, then will be on my way to WDW for "Food & Wine & Good Friends & Good Times"!!!

I drove to the Seattle Waterfront yesterday. Sad to see all the cruise ships have already headed south, but we saw some amazing private yachts in the Marina! Would have loved to have boarded the yacht "Joey"!

We also walked around Pike Place. I ended up getting my Starbucks from a shop down the street as the "original" Starbucks had a line out the building! A bit busier than the last time I was there in 2010!

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. The weather here is gorgeous (60s & 70s). Sad to see so much brown though as the Seattle area is in a drought also.
Laura, hope you are having a good time and making the most of everything.

I know you are looking forward to WDW and hope it is amazing and can't wait for all the pictures.. Mouth watering pictures..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #2600
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Laura, hope you are having a good time and making the most of everything.

I know you are looking forward to WDW and hope it is amazing and can't wait for all the pictures.. Mouth watering pictures..

Thanks! And (as long as I have my act together by trip time!), Flat Brandi and Flat David will be along!

Have you seen this mouth-watering video (hope the link works!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaH1t...winfo.com%2529

Old 09-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #2601
mla973
Counting the days until life in FL is a reality...
Of course I'm around *~*Snarky Purple Tagfairy*~*

Thanks to all of you for the great info on this thread!

We are staying at AKV (renting points) for the second year in a row. I do have some questions for the experts here:

1. Are there lifejackets available at the pool for small children?
2. Do you know if coconut milk is available in the resort store?

Thank you! We can't wait to go. I think this might be the trip that convinces me to buy in!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #2602
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Morning J's & K's - hope everyone is doing well today!!! STILL on the lookout for pts. if anyone has any to sell or knows anyone??? Let me me know ASAP!!! Thanks guys!!! ** See this post under mine............. LOL, that's my friend!!! haha - he's the one looking - I STILLLLL think he should just BUY IN and get it over with!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodri1 View Post
nice
Hey you - I'm trying!!!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
FRUNCH - Yumm!!!

Quote:

Laura, hope you are having a good time - Seattle is a nice place, I used to live in Bremerton, another lifetime ago............. lol -- I didn't like the rain though!!!

*** Brandi - you can add prodri1 to the list - Feb. 11-17 -- cause HE WILL be there one way or the other......... lol
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #2603
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla973 View Post

We are staying at AKV (renting points) for the second year in a row. I do have some questions for the experts here:

Thank you! We can't wait to go. I think this might be the trip that convinces me to buy in!
Congratulations on your trip!

Yes on the lifejackets.

I have no idea about the coconut milk though.

Oooohhh, I hope it is, that would be wonderful!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #2604
Pinkocto

Laura, I hope the next six days fly by!!!

Old 09-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #2605
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Morning J's & K's - hope everyone is doing well today!!! STILL on the lookout for pts. if anyone has any to sell or knows anyone??? Let me me know ASAP!!! Thanks guys!!! ** See this post under mine............. LOL, that's my friend!!! haha - he's the one looking - I STILLLLL think he should just BUY IN and get it over with!!!
Yes friend, I think that is an excellent idea. And you can immediately use your points after buying.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #2606
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla973 View Post

Congrats on your stay!! As for the lifejackets, I'd say yes, but how small are we talking about? Toddler and up, yes, I think so, younger, not sure!!

As for the coconut milk, I haven't seen it, but there is a publix right around the corner from the lodge, if you have a car, I'm sure you can go get some. If you don't have a car, there are 2 grocery services you can use, they will deliver groceries to the resort. garden grocer and wegoshop, you can find info here regarding both, just use the searchbox!!

WHOOPSIE - sorry Pam, I guess we were answering at the same time!!

Last edited by wendypooh; 09-30-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #2607
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Yes friend, I think that is an excellent idea. And you can immediately use your points after buying.
Pam, I KEEEEP trying to convince him!!! LOL --- AND that's what I said last night, he could use HIS pts. immediately AND prob. still be able to get into BLT!!! We'll see, I gotta keep working on him!!!! haha I hope Pilferk gets on today and see's my question............ I don't know who else to ask!!!

Alison, no worries - we'll find him some pts.

*** Just so everyone knows - he need 176 pts. for Feb. 11-17th Kidani 1br - standard. If anyone has any pts. or knows anyone who does........... PLEASE let me know ASAP!!! He's ready to book today!!! Thanks everyone!!

Last edited by wendypooh; 09-30-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #2608
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

I can never catch up

Wendy, congrats!

Kim

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #2609
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Thanks! And (as long as I have my act together by trip time!), Flat Brandi and Flat David will be along!

Have you seen this mouth-watering video (hope the link works!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaH1t...winfo.com%2529

Too bad Flat Brandi and Flat David can not taste all the wonderful food and drink their fill there...

Maybe you can spill a little tequila and food on us by the end so we look like we were eating and drinking...

Thanks for the video, it just makes me want to be there even more.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #2610
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

I'm sad today.... The voices of reason have spoken (my DH and BFF). We are postponing our trip until January.

I'm just not physically up to it yet, and even if I was, going the week before Christmas is too much for us. I know they are right, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it!!!!

Sooooo, our new dates are TBD.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: