Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #241
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Big sigh....these all sound just wonderful. Two months from today we will be checking in at Beach Club CL. I am so excited, so many new things we are doing this trip and The Beach Club is one of them.

It is going on 5:00 PM here, so in honor of this thread I am going to open a nice bottle of wine and toast all who come here to share, enjoy and learn about our Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kadani piece of heaven.

Ann

I raise my (wine) glass to you!!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #242
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106

Well congrats on your trip and Anniversary celebration

If you would like to be added to the list please let me know.
Sure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #243
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Big sigh....these all sound just wonderful. Two months from today we will be checking in at Beach Club CL. I am so excited, so many new things we are doing this trip and The Beach Club is one of them.

It is going on 5:00 PM here, so in honor of this thread I am going to open a nice bottle of wine and toast all who come here to share, enjoy and learn about our Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kadani piece of heaven.

Ann
Toast to you...

I had a cranberry martini and a sazarac tonight..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #244
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurali View Post
Sure!
I need your dates and places...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #245
swimchick1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
So I am not sure what the 1984 in your name stands for but I have to tell that my DH was commissioned D-Day 1984..... and my Step was born that year too.
It is the I was born .
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #246
swimchick1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happy Tuesday to my J & K friends!

It is morning on the west coast and lunch is long over on the east coast.

So what would each of you be doing if you were at AKL/WDW today?

Ann

PS: Kathy (John's Mom) has been here with us since the beginning of this thread Kim!

Right this minute I would either be sleeping or getting a wake up call from stitch as I would have a morning ADR .
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #247
canwegosoon
I need an Orli six-pack

[QUOTE=kimmar067;45588617].... and YOU are......?

I know absent for 2 years and not much is new- same stuff.
Good to see things have not changed too much here-
Terri

Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #248
OllieDannyandMe
DIS Veteran

Good evening, everyone!

If I was at Jambo House tonight, I would probably be on my way for a dip in the Uzima Springs Pool right now. Ahhh

I have a quick question for my trip in two weeks. Where are the standard club level rooms located in Jambo? Are any of them a short walk to the lounge? Or are they all a fairly long hike?

Any tips for a good location?

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #249
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
So a lady leaves for a day and a half, and this thread grows by about four pages. How is a girl to keep up?

Sounds like everyone is going to have a lot of fun vacations coming up. I looked at my countdown and this time next month I will be a double digit midget on my countdown to home so lets let the month go by super fast.

hmmm I think we need a question to ask for me and the other new people to get to know everyone here. What is your favorite Disney restaurant? I think mine is yak and yeti, although I am not eating there this time.
It's hard to say, my favorite "casual restaurant" is Teppan Edo, but if I had to choose between the others, it would be a hard choice of Flying Fish and V&A's.

Quote:
Happy Tuesday to my J & K friends!

It is morning on the west coast and lunch is long over on the east coast.

So what would each of you be doing if you were at AKL/WDW today?

Ann

PS: Kathy (John's Mom) has been here with us since the beginning of this thread Kim!
I love to watch the animals on the balcony while I have my coffee, it depends where we are in the trip. The first day we don't always plan to go right into the parks, but heck with the way things have been going recently, I don't know what we would do. I would proabably want to relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

I raise my (wine) glass to you!!
Quote:
Toast to you...

I had a cranberry martini and a sazarac tonight..
Heck! I'll raise my glass to you ladies anytime! Tomorrow night I'll do it from the 1901 lounge at DLR!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #250
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
........yup, you'll wind up right near the indoor fireplace/firepit, but there is also an elevator over there, near the public ladies' room, not to mention, another public viewing area. It's above the Arusha Rock viewing area - very nice to sit and relax with a cup of coffee on one of the rockers and watch the animals!
Oooooh that sounds nice. A request for third floor Zebra Trail it is.

Quote:
You have been added...
Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #251
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Good morning Js & Ks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieDannyandMe View Post
Good evening, everyone!

If I was at Jambo House tonight, I would probably be on my way for a dip in the Uzima Springs Pool right now. Ahhh

I have a quick question for my trip in two weeks. Where are the standard club level rooms located in Jambo? Are any of them a short walk to the lounge? Or are they all a fairly long hike?

Any tips for a good location?

Thanks!
The CL rooms are in the first pod or 2 off the lobby on Kudu and Zebra Trails. If you look at the map link, CL rooms will be 4th floor (4210-4225 Kudu; 4407-4422 Zebra). http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

You do have to walk the length of the lobby (which is always breath-taking anyway! ) and either take the elevator up to 6 or walk 2 flights of stairs. The elevator is on Zebra side, the stairs on Kudu side.

I love to take the stairs. Regular staircase from 4th to 5th floor, but then a gated entrance from 5th to the Lounge!

It's somewhere in-between "short walk" and "long hike" (but closer to short walk!!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Heck! I'll raise my glass to you ladies anytime! Tomorrow night I'll do it from the 1901 lounge at DLR!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #252
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Afternoon J's & K's - sheesh you guys are busy busy............ miss a day or two and you miss a lot!!! LOL

My sinuses are winning - again........... ugghh, I've had the WORST headache today! Took DS to the eye dr. - he got a new prescription, so new glasses later this week or next. I think we're gonna go see the little man next week - I hope so, I miss my little pnut!! And, that's about it here.......... hot of course, but no rain today so far......... keep your fingers crossed!!! lol

Alison, how ya doing sweetie!! Good wishes sent your way!!

Brandi - how's your dad - thinking of you guys and sending prayers your way!!

I didn't go back and read, but I think Jenn checked in? I wanna say I saw her post - but I haven't seen Mags - and of course Laura - I hope all is well with her and Marco.

So, hugs to all - have a great tues. evening!!

** And I KNEW Kathy was here, I commented on her pics!!! LOL ♥
I am sorry that you are having a rough time with your sinuses.

Corinna
Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #253
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
http://www.greenbeanscoffee.com/coj/index.php Hi everyone! How are your days going? I just wanted to share this link, if you want to do something small for the troops you can donate $2 and by a joe a cup of joe.

So my roommate moved out today at noon and not even 8 hours later and I have a new one, I was hoping for a little bit before I got a new one. oh well.
I'm in! (although I couldn't just donate $2! ) Thought this link was worthy of posting again.

For all you Service members do to ensure our freedom and for all the sacrifices you and your families make........ THANK YOU.

Sorry you didn't get more of a "break" between roommates.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #254
dgbg100106

Quote:
It is the I was born .

Very cool....

My Step Son will have his B'day in a couple of days... I think I am taking him to a Baseball game and dinner

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #255
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
It's hard to say, my favorite "casual restaurant" is Teppan Edo, but if I had to choose between the others, it would be a hard choice of Flying Fish and V&A's.

I love to watch the animals on the balcony while I have my coffee, it depends where we are in the trip. The first day we don't always plan to go right into the parks, but heck with the way things have been going recently, I don't know what we would do. I would proabably want to relax!

Alison, I will help raise that glass tomorrow night.... Are you or Fran willing to shop for me? while you are on vacation.... only if you are already in a shop, please don't go out of your way...

2013 Cruising adventures
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: