Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #2491
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You definitely don't need to be near the ends of the trails to see lots of animals. They roam wherever they want, within their areas, so anywhere on Arusha has the same chance of seeing the animals.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get all nights in the same place. I don't know much about Kidani, but they do have a big viewing area off the lobby just like Jambo House. I'm sure they would have the viewing areas along the corridors as well. Lots of people on here have stayed at Kidani so hopefully they'll chime in.
Thank you! I'm definitely excited about our Savannah view room. I'm not so sure about the Kidani standard.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #2492
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #2493
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Kathy - I am so sorry to hear that Ann's husband got sick!! That is everyone's worst nightmare on a long trip, isn't it? I hope it is quickly gone. Maybe y'all could still get together?!?! Hope so!

Are we all going to see you when we are there? My brain is mush and I cannot for the life of me remember!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #2494
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, Js & Ks!

only seven more teaching days....

Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #2495
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Elin, I got here after Bob's illness, but what a miraculous transformation. What a blessing he has made such fabulous progress. I can definitely understand why there was not a dry eye on the house.

Hopefully the next 7 days goes super fast.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #2496
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
Thank you! I'm definitely excited about our Savannah view room. I'm not so sure about the Kidani standard.
The thing I've found when staying Savannah view is that I hate leaving the room. When you switch over you might feel a bit freer since you won't be missing any animals. That's how I felt with the pool view at least.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #2497
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We had an amazing time! This was the first time Bob got to see the front door of Kindred Hospital in Richmond! I enjoyed letting them know how much we appreciate everything that they did for Bob, as well as us. When the PT staff saw Bob they all cried. They could not believe his progress since his month with them in February-March 2011. What a nice evening we had!

My handsome, distinguished husband:

AWWWW Elin, Bob looks so handsome!! I'm SO happy for both of you and so glad you were able to have such a wonderful night. What an inspiration you both are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
I have a guess...but don't want to share it. Suspecting it involves your DS, though.

We'll see if I'm right.
WHO are YOU???? ---- You are beginning to scare me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I just heard from Ann (Angel16), who is currently at the Beach Club. Her DH caught some kind of stomach bug. After a visit to a doctor, he is resting.

I'm a little sad because we were going to get together during their trip.
Awww - too bad Ann's hubby got sick, maybe you can meet up with just Ann?? How are you feeling by the way?? Good I hope!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #2498
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is well. We're good here - my headache is back............ I'm thinking it might not be my sinuses after all, but maybe one of the meds?? I don't know......... but, it's not as bad as it was before. AND then, I was mopping and kicked the table in the foyer - OMG, I think I broke my toe............ it hurts SO bad.......... at least it's not snowing............ LOL

SO, YES, Pilferk, you were right, my good news DOES involve my DS - but, I still can't share it just yet............ but, you are probably correct!!

Kim - How's your DS??? I hope things are well and he's recovering quickly!!

Hugs to all of you!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #2499
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

...still very sore but is slowly coming around... He'll be off from work for a couple of days...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 09-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #2500
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
You know i have a few of the D&B but I have to tell you that I am loving my Harvey. It is just cute...
I am glad that you love your Harvey. I will give them a wide berth. If I get addicted to another brand of purses, Graham will disown me. Still, I have an excuse now to get the D&B Sketch backpack. With 20% discount, it would be rude not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Where?!?!? I NEEEEEED one!!!!!

I have Mickey now.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
I saw this on the DIS Unplugged Blog:

Quote:
We had an amazing time! This was the first time Bob got to see the front door of Kindred Hospital in Richmond! I enjoyed letting them know how much we appreciate everything that they did for Bob, as well as us. When the PT staff saw Bob they all cried. They could not believe his progress since his month with them in February-March 2011. What a nice evening we had!

My handsome, distinguished husband:

I am glad that you had a great day. The progress Bob has made since then is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I just heard from Ann (Angel16), who is currently at the Beach Club. Her DH caught some kind of stomach bug. After a visit to a doctor, he is resting.

I'm a little sad because we were going to get together during their trip.
I am sorry that Ann's husband is poorly. I hope that he will feel better soon and that you will still manage to meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...perhaps you could still have an informal get-together at one of the lounges (or eateries) at BC.... just a thought....
Kim, I am glad to see you post. I have been worried about you.

Corinna
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #2501
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
...still very sore but is slowly coming around... He'll be off from work for a couple of days...
Glad to hear that he is recovering!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 20/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #2502
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Kathy - I am so sorry to hear that Ann's husband got sick!! That is everyone's worst nightmare on a long trip, isn't it? I hope it is quickly gone. Maybe y'all could still get together?!?! Hope so!

Are we all going to see you when we are there? My brain is mush and I cannot for the life of me remember!
We will be at Kidani from October 10-14 and have tickets for the Swan and Dolphin F&W Classic on Friday. I'm hoping we can meet up with everyone at some point during our trip. You have my number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post

Awww - too bad Ann's hubby got sick, maybe you can meet up with just Ann?? How are you feeling by the way?? Good I hope!!!
I'm feeling pretty good, thanks; see my doctor on Friday. I'm sad because my DD left yesterday. We had a wonderful visit, but it was too short.

Hope you find out what is causing your headaches. Take care.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #2503
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
The fitness center/mini spa at Jambo DEFINITELY has a sauna (steam room).

I'm not sure about the fitness center at Kidani. We've stayed there 3 times, so far, and I've yet to have time to check it out (plus, it's been good weather for most of our trips, so I can get my power walks in outside). It's on my "to do" list for December, actually.
Thanks so much. I've only gone in the gym to quickly look it over, did not do any further investigations. This might get me in there

Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #2504
Pinkocto

Quote:
That's good news. Any further surgery needed?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #2505
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That's good news. Any further surgery needed?
....I hope not....I doubt it though....we'll see when he goes for his follow-up visit next week...it was amazing, but an hour after he was in recovery, his EKG was totally normal...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: